Author's Chapter Notes:
Long awaited update!  I was writing this as I was watching Las Vegas (JC's guest appearance and he sangggg) - excuse me if there are errors, he sang and I kept turning my head to watch, hahahaha <3

"All right, little lady," JC said as he opened the door, turning to look at me as I cradled our daughter in my arms, "welcome home."

I stepped in, a broad smile forming on my face as my family and his yelled a 'welcome home' to the baby and I, balloons, gifts and pink streamers everywhere I could see. "Look, Kira," I laughed, seeing Charlotte and Jeremy with little party hats on and gazoo's hanging from their mouths, "those are your aunt and uncle crazy!"

"God, look at that hair," Isabelle stepped forward, placing a hand on her head and kissing my cheek, "makes me jealous I didn't marry you, JC."

JC laughed from beside me, his hand still at the small of my back as we walked into the living room. "You? My daughter has more hair now than I ever have!" He took her gently from me as I sat down, placing her so that her sleeping head rested on his shoulder, the soft pink of her blanket pulled away as he adjusted her body, arm supporting her bottom. "Who knew I could love someone like this?" His eyes met mine as I shrugged, smiling tiredly, "a little life that I had no idea would encompass?"

I leaned into Isabelle, she gripping my hand and grinning. Kissing my head, she leaned her own onto mine. "I'm so proud of you baby sister," she said softly as I felt tears burn my eyes, casting my eyes towards Charlotte, she accepting the baby as JC handed her off.

"Baby, why don't you go take a nap, huh? Get some rest."

I looked up at JC as he approached the couch, extending his hand for me as Isabelle lifted her head so I could get up. "I'm all right -"

"C'mon, Lil, go get some rest," my mother said as I looked over, she and Karen both leaning over Charlotte, making the typical faces to the baby. "We can take care of things down here. There's more than enough people, plus your husband who will have to care for the baby by himself now and then."

"Go ahead sweetheart," Karen added. "Don't let yourself get so tired that you get more emotional than you can handle. Sleep, shower, rejuvenate. You just did something very tiring the other day."

I sighed, giving in as I slid my hand into his, he leading me up the stairs. "I love you," he smiled as I crawled into bed, "a lot."

I grinned, pushing myself up on my elbows and kissing him. "I love you, too."

He reached forward, hand brushing against my face and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, the smile on his face light and happy. "I don't know how my life, our lives ended up like this," he said softly, hand still touching my face gently, "but I'm glad it did. Thank you for coming into my life and agreeing to some stupid little idea Rob had. Thank you for loving me. Loving me unconditionally even when I was an ass and endlessly. I never have to question it when I look into your eyes."

"You turned into a sap," I said tiredly, smile playing on my face as he mocked hurt. "But, I do love you. You won't ever have to ask me if I do."

"And I hope you will never have to with me, either." He leaned forward, placing a kiss to my lips and then to my forehead, pointer and middle fingers pushing me gently down to the bed. "I am so proud of you," he said softly. "So very proud."

"We made her," I grinned, eyes dropping heavily as my head hit the pillow, "we made that little girl."

"And I'm gonna love that little girl until the day I die." He got up, turning his head and touching the soft fabric of the bassinet next to my side of the bed, smile on his face. "Get some rest, baby." He placed the tips of his fingers to his mouth, the air kiss that he designated for me bringing yet another smile to my face as he closed the door gently, letting me fall into a peaceful sleep.

When I woke what seemed to be hours later, but only about an hour and a half later, JC was standing in the doorway with Kira in his arms, smile on his face. "Hey," I said softly, he walking towards me and sitting down, Kira's soft whimpers heard. "Someone hungry?"

He nodded, waiting as I sat up and adjusted myself, taking her into my arms and looking back at him. "Where is everyone?" I cringed as she hit a sore spot, he crawling over to sit beside me as I leaned my head against his shoulder, his hand rubbing my back gently.

"They went to go pick up some things and dinner. They should be back in a little bit."

I nodded, looking down at my daughter. "She does have a lot of hair," I laughed, watching JC's fingers weave through the thick hair with curls at the ends of it, sad that she'd probably lose it and gain a whole new different hair 'do. "I wish it'd stay this way."

"It'll probably grow back a lot thicker and curlier," he stated. "My hair has waves, but yours is pinstraight, so who knows ..."

"I vote curls," I said, jutting out my lip. "Then at least I'd be able to do something to her hair ..."

He pressed a kiss to my temple, my eyes dropping closed in exhaustion as I leaned against the bedframe. "Let's stop worrying about her hair right now," he said softly, "let's worry about sixteen years from now when she'll wanna date ..."

I laughed, opening my eyes and looking at him. "She's not dating until she's thirty."

"I thought I was bad with twenty five," he grinned, leaning forward and kissing me again. "But thirty sounds good ..."

"Let me see my grandbaby," Karen smiled as I came into the room, carrying her as JC followed, my mug of tea in his hand. I grinned, walking over to Karen's outstretched arms and settled Kira into her arms. "Hello, gorgeous!"

I smiled, settling into the couch next to Karen as JC sat on the arm, his arm resting behind my head. Lucy and Delaney were again fighting over some magazine, rolling my eyes as JC laughed. The National Enquirer, I was sure - the result would end with a ripped magazine at our feet.

"All right, so how are you guys going to deal with the album release and all the promotionals?"

I looked over at my mom, she leaning over Karen's arm and cooing at Kira, JC speaking before I did. "Well, since she was born a bit early, there really isn't much we can do. I've gotta get out there and promote, and if Lily feels up to it, I'm sure she'd come. The baby -"

"Will not be going out in front of those cameras, right?"

We both shook our heads. "No. We were kind of hoping that one of the crazy siblings who were staying for a while to help us settle with our new baby."

"Oh, me!" Charlotte jumped up, eyes lighting up. "I'll do it!"

We all laughed, Lucy and Delaney beginning their arguing once more. You'd think they were ten, not nearing thirty. "Guys, seriously? It's a magazine."

"So?!"

I rolled my eyes, looking back at Charlotte. "So I guess we have our babysitter ..."

"Are you going to be able to leave her?"

I looked at my mom, eyebrow raised. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Well, because a, you're a new mom. By the time promotion starts, she'll be a week old; b, well, you're Lily. You'd want her by you at all times."

"What's that mean, I'm Lily?"

"Ten minutes into you leaving, you're gonna want to check on her," Isabelle remarked, "and make sure she's still breathing. And make sure Charlotte didn't drop her. And -"

"I get it!" I laughed, JC squeezing my hand tightly in reassurance. "If that's the case, then he'll go. Tyler will be back by then so he can go."

"Seriously, Laney!"

We all turned to look at my twin sisters, they both stopping as the magazine flew into the air, fluttering as we all watched it drop into the middle of the floor, a slight gasp escaping JC's mouth as we both took in the page that it had opened to.

JC Chasez's marriage a HOAX!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers jc tabloids paparazzi