Author's Chapter Notes:
Updated 11.14; See, I told you I was back!  Expect another update at latest on Friday.  I work tomorrow so I'll be crashing as soon as I get home (since I work until 1:30AM *gag*) but I do plan on writing a bit the next day, since I'm off for two days.  =]  Enjoy, all!  And thank you so much for the positive reviews! 

If there is a record out there for the worst day in history, I would hold it. Not only I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but I was served the puu-puu platter. Not even four hours into me being awake, I had managed to slice a pretty big line from ankle to about three inches up while shaving my leg, burned my hand on hot water and nearly fell down the stairs trying to dodge the random clothes my sister had left on the stairwell.

I may as well have gone back to bed, if it hadn't of been for the so-called wrong side of it.

Now, I was standing in a deserted parking lot with a flat tire. Literally, no one was in sight and my cell phone decided to up and die completely on me.

Never let JC Chasez buy something just because it looks cool. Cool does not equal functioning, people.

I leaned my head against the steering wheel of my sister's car, the radio low as I listened the hum of the engine. It was a cute car, a little Kia Spectra that she had actually gotten for free for being a print ad model for their 2008 line-up, fully equipped with an additional sunroof that I still had yet to figure out.

I never said I as a technical genius. Not only that, but with one simple head jerk upward when I heard a familiar song being played in the background of an entertainment station, I now had a headache. God, you owe me.

"In other celebrity news, JC Chasez, former member and 1/2 of the lead singers of *NSYNC, who is now his own solo act, has been touring the other side of the world with the absence of his rumored wife and personal assistant, Lily Hennessy. Rumors have been circulating for quite some time now if the self-titled 'personal and introverted' man really has tied the knot with his curvalicious PA."

... Curvalicious? Really, guys?

Chasez has been quoted as to say that he will be releasing a new single that has been newly written that fans have pinpointed as a song towards Hennessy herself, though the title itself may just mean opposite. 'You Ruined Me' is being released for airplay in less than four weeks, so tune in when JC himself joins us in our studio to debut it. Now, back to our top 20 countdown ..."

A new song. Why had I not heard about it?

But then, it hit me. All those nights while I was half-asleep on the bed next to him, pen tightly in his hand, tablet close to him as he scribbled nonsense; those secretive notes to himself that he'd write on a napkin or anything he had close enough; the secret calls he'd make to himself while in the bathroom, shower on, toilet flushing - he was writing this song. It couldn't be about me, could it? Seriously, I ruined him? It couldn't be taken a positive way, could it? Of course not. You don't ruin someone in a good way. You just don't do something good with ruining.

This really couldn't be good. My mood was already souring as the thoughts ran and scrambled in my brain. Damnit, Joshua Chasez. Damnit.

And then my whole body jerked forward, hands stopping me from hitting the steering wheel and seatbelt keeping me in place as I looked behind me.

Of course. Add a fucking truck in the ass-end of my sister's car among the list of disasters of a day.

Three and a half weeks. I had three and a half weeks.

Yet another disaster waiting to happen.

Ugh!

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!"

I looked up, seeing a blonde woman about my age hurrying towards my window as I got out, meeting her gaze and slowly turning to survey the damage. Maybe reading some random story last night entitled 'Murphy's Law' was asking for it? Was that it? Because really, I'll dye my hair, drop my IQ a bit and stop reading if I have to dumb it up to get out of trouble. For real.

The woman was rambling on and on while all I could do was stare at the bent fender and cracked windshield. Really, lady? You couldn't see me and I was in a deserted parking lot with only me and my little Kia? Your big ass diesel truck could plow through a fucking building and not make a dent!

Needless to say, her truck looked unharmed, even while it was still smooshed into my car. Well, my sister's car.

God damnit, this is going to be a bad, bad night in the Hennessy sister household.

I seriously could only expect the worst from here on out. Goodbye normalcy, goodbye JC. Goodbye effing marriage.

Argh!

And if I could get anymore thoughts that didn't even make up a real word, I'd be set on the stupidity level. Go Lily Anne.

And then suddenly, my phone began beeping. It lives!

I leaned into the car, pulling it out and seeing my sister calling. Oh, this was gonna be good. "Hello?"

"Where the hell have you been?! I've been trying to get a hold of you for two hours!"

"My phone died. And then after that, your effing car decided to get a flat tire."

"You gave me a flat tire?!" She was pissed.

Oh, if she thought that was bad ...

"Well, that's the least of my problems right now, Laney."

"What? Why? What happened? My car okay?!"

"Oh, I'm fine, Lane. Thanks for asking," I mumbled, walking away from the woman who was talking on the phone to God-knows-who and talking about God-knows-what. "But your car isn't ..."

"Whyyyy ..."

I cringed at her dragging out of the last sound, biting my lip and inhaling the last breath I figured I'd take once the wrath of Delaney Rochelle Hennessy took hold of me. "Someone hit me."

"Oh my God, Lily, I could kill you!"

I did the sign of the cross to my chest, looking up at the sky and seeing the threat of rain. Yeah, God, just add on to my glorious day, I beg of you. "Lane, please. You already know how bad it's been for me today."

"Stop with the belly-aching bullshit and get over it! Call a damn tow-truck. You're paying the bill."

And then the bitch hung up on me.

Did I ever mention how I hate my sisters? Well, I do.

"I called my insurance company. They'll be calling a tow-truck for your car. I can take you home, I feel so bad!"

"No," I mumbled, shoving my phone in my pocket as I rolled the window up and took the keys. "It's okay. Thanks."

"Are you sure? It's going to rain."

At that moment, I didn't care. I didn't care about anything at all. I ruined him? Is that why he wanted away? Was he faking this all until the song came out and I got the real picture? I shook my head, willing the tears to go away as I looked back at her and then at the sky. "I'll walk. It's okay."

"Here's my card with my name and number and also all my insurance information," the woman said before holding her hand up as a raindrop splattered against her man-like hands. "Again, I'm so sorry ..."

I waved her off, taking my purse and slinging it over my shoulder as I sighed deeply and headed in the opposite direction of the woman as the rain started to come down faster. All I wanted at that moment was the man who was thousands of miles away and apparently ruined by me.

Yeah, my life seemed to be getting back to what it was before all of this.

Goodbye, good life.



You have a message from user JayShazay.
Press 'OK' to accept or 'Cancel' to ignore the message from this user.

I felt the corners of my mouth tug upward at the ridiculous screen name before me. It took all but two hours for me to stop caring after being soaked through from the rain and another two to forget about the title of the song long enough to forget what I was mad at him about. But suddenly, I wasn't sure if I was ever mad at him, but questioning everything I had ever believed.

I clicked 'OK', reading the message that was prompted after his name.

JayShazay: Hey Darlin =]

Don't 'hey darlin' me, bucco. Where do you get off greeting me that way? Oh, I know where you get off.

Oh, my God ... I'm back to lusting after him just like before. And of course, he catches me on the screen name he made for me because I wasn't 'up with the times' with a screen name or really, a working internet connection.

Come2Me: Hay is for horses.
JayShazay: What u don't miss me?

Of course I miss you, you idiot.

Come2Me: Not particularly.
JayShazay: R u ok? U seem bothered ...

Sad that he could pick up on that and he was fourteen hours away in fricking Tokyo.

Come2Me: It's been a bad day, is all.
JayShazay: Care to talk about it?
Come2Me: Not really. Especially when you and I are supposed to be taking a break from each other.
JayShazay: Lily ...
Come2Me: I'm fine, Jace. Just drop it. I'm tired and cranky and I really don't want to deal with anything right now.
JayShazay: U need some Chasex in ur life, don't u?
Come2Me: No. Actually, what I need is time alone from everything and for everyone to leave me alone. I'm sick of being pitied and I'm sick of being shit on. I'm sick of people hiding shit from me, too.
JayShazay: U really aren't ok. What's going on, mama? U seem very emotional.

Ouch. Bad play, Chasez. Bad, low blow.

Come2Me: You'd be too if you found out you supposedly ruined someone.
JayShazay: Lily, what are u talking about? Who did u supposedly ruin?
Come2Me: And that you were being kept from the truth from the one person who you trusted with your entire life.
JayShazay: Lily, what?! What the hell are u talking about?
Come2Me: Forget about it. I'm going to bed. Go sing some more songs about me ruining you.
JayShazay: You ruined me? What?
Come2Me: You really are a bastard, JC. Fuck you. I'll go ruin my own life.

Why was I getting so emotional? Good God.

JayShazay: Lily, are u pregnant?

Oh, if only that were the answer.

Come2Me: No.

And then the man on the other side of the internet connection stopped speaking. I was just about to shut down the computer when I heard the bell alerting me he had responded back.

JayShazay: Turn on ur computer video camera.
Come2Me: I'm going to bed. I don't want to deal with this anymore.
JayShazay: Lily, just turn on the god damn camera!

Oh, he was angry now. Welcome to my effing world, Chasez.

But without any more arguing, I reached forward, turning on the camera and clicking the button to accept the direct connection between the two of us. There I was, in all my stressed out glory in a tank top and lounge pants, hair high up in a ponytail, and there was was, white t-shirt with sunglasses atop of his head and if I was to guess, his black jeans that I swear he'd never take off.

JayShazay: I don't ever want to hear u say shit like that again, Lily. I don't ever want u to think that u have ruined me in the way u think u have. I know u have always wanted to be sung to ... this wasn't the way I wanted it, but I guess this will have to do.

I watched him disappear slightly off of the screen, taking in the luxorious hotel room behind him. It looked well lived in, since he had already been there for three days. Before I could think anymore about the hotel room, he appeared once more, guitar in his lap. What ...

And then suddenly, he opened that beautiful mouth of his and this was the most amazing day ever.

I could be the first to let you know
That nothing means anything
Now, I'm standing here outside your door
In the pouring rain

And I can't believe
Nothing's supposed to get to me
Now I'm in this misery

I can't be with anyone
Since I felt our worlds collide
It's like I almost died
The way you make me feel
I'm changing, got me breaking down inside
Baby, can't you see
You ruined me for life?

I will be the last to let you down
All your fears and doubts are hovering above you
Like a cloud
And the water's rising
Now, I can't breathe
Nothing's how it's supposed to be
How did you do this to me?
Locked inside your heart-shaped box

I can't be with anyone
Since I felt our worlds collide
It's like I almost died
The way you make me feel
I'm changing, got me breaking down inside
Baby, can't you see
You ruined me ...

I don't wanna be in love
I don't wanna feel this way
All I wanna do is leave
But all I can do is stay
Nights and days go by
And I can't wait to touch your face
Again.

I could be the first to let you know
That I can't be with anyone
Since I felt our worlds collide
It's like I almost died
The way you make me feel
I'm changing, got me breaking down inside
Baby, can't you see
You ruined me

Oh, I can't be with anyone
Since I felt our worlds collide
It's like I almost died
The way you make me feel
I've been changing, got me breaking down inside
Baby, can't you see
You ruined me ...

I don't wanna be in love
I don't wanna feel this way
All I wanna do is leave
You ruined me ... for life.

It was quiet between the two of us. Maybe I was too busy taking in the sweet sounds of his voice, but I still didn't understand.

JayShazay has signed off at 1:42:56AM.

He might have signed off, but he was still logged on - looking directly at me.

... Not that I was complaining.

"Do you understand," he asked softly, "do you understand how you so-called 'ruined' me?"

No. No, JC, I didn't. And yet, I couldn't find my voice. All I could do was shake my head.

I saw his shoulders slump as he sighed, scratching his head and looking heavenward. "There's no one in this life that will ever be you, Lily. There's no one that can make me feel the way I do when I'm with you. No one will ever be able to equal or surpass you. You've ruined my thoughts about everything. You've changed me. You've ruined who I was and made me something better than I ever thought I'd be. You have me for life. Do you understand? There's no one but you. There never will be. Not as long as we're both alive."

I felt the tears burn in my eyes as I placed my hand to the screen, he reaching forward and matching mine to his. "I was having the most horrible day until that. I was questioning everything ..."

"Don't question my feelings for you, okay? Don't ever doubt that I, for one second, do not love you. Because it's not true. You came and hit me like a train when I was least expecting it and I haven't been able to look back since. I don't want to."

I nodded, sniffling slightly and wiping blindly at my tears. "Okay."

I heard a murmured voice that JC had turned his head to, he looking back at me with a sad face. "I have to go. Cheer up, okay? Go to sleep. Tomorrow, treat yourself. Buy a sexy ass dress for when you and I meet back in California because I am going to take you out on the town -"

"I don't do sexy."

"Baby, you are sexy. You don't do it, you are it."

I blushed, he giving me a sexy smile as he reached forward winking. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

I watched as he got up, seeing from his mid-section to part of his jeans, they definitely the black ones. Predictable. But before I could reach for my own camera to shut it off, his face appeared and his tongue snaked out, dangerously slow and deliberate as he licked his lips, singing softly back to me once more.

Nights and days go by and I can't wait to touch your face again ...

I put my hand to my mouth to cover the smile that I knew couldn't be masked as he give me a sexy smile once more before the video screen went black.

All right, so I guess you could ruin someone in a good way.

But to this day, I will never know why he chose me.

Well, I guess we could say Rob chose us.

And that totally sounded disgusting.

I shut the computer down, climbing into bed and looking out the window at the crescent-shaped moon that hung high over the view of the mountains. The night was clear and stars littered the sky like some abandoned playground covered in wrappers from miscellaneous food joints and soda cans. I only hoped that how I saw everything at that moment, beautiful and promising, was how he saw it.

But at that moment, I didn't need to hope. I knew.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers jc tabloids paparazzi