Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey Everyone! So here's the last Chapter to the drama that is Hayden and Justin. Wow...it's definitely been a fun ride! Thank you to everyone for reading and reviewing...you are all wonderful!!! Please review let me know what you thought of the chapter and the story! I'm definitely going to miss writing about these two! Thank you to everyone again, I truly appreciate all of the wonderful words throughout this journey. I hope you like it! :) -Whitney
Chapter 27: A Gift

Unfortunately their trip to Colorado had to come to an end and today was their last day at the cabin. Although, there had been some rocky moments Hayden was happy she took him out here. Being isolated from the world was allowing Hayden to really think clearly about her feelings for Justin. She was absolutely sure about what she felt for him and there was something she needed to do tonight, to make sure he understood it without a doubt.

Tonight, Justin had planned to take her to dinner back in the city and Hayden was really looking forward to it. Ever since the night Hayden confessed everything on the couch it was like a weight had been lifted off her. She no longer had to hide anything from him and she could be completely open and honest.

During the afternoon, Hayden had slipped away to finish off another surprise for Justin. There was something she needed to do tonight to let him know where she stood. Their relationship had been put through several ups and downs and she was definitely tired of those. Tonight was all about each other.

“Hayden…are you ready?” Justin asked while walking up the stairs to the loft.

“Yeah…” Hayden said immerging from the bathroom. She was wearing a simple, strapless black dress, nothing fancy or flashy just very elegant. Her hair was straightened and lay wispily on her shoulders. Justin felt his breath catch in his throat watching Hayden walk towards him. He stood there frozen, not taking his eyes off her face. She looked absolutely beautiful. Swiftly, she approached him and leaned in touching her lips sweetly to his cheek. Hayden let a small smile play at her lips when she pulled away and continued to walk around him, reaching behind she intertwined their fingers. “So where are we going to dinner?”

“I know we usually go to small cafes…but there’s this place downtown called Diggers. I heard they’ve got great food and it’s a quiet.” He said laying his hand gently against the small of her back

Once they reached the kitchen, Hayden grabbed her purse making sure her gift was secured inside and threw a jacket on over her dress. Not long after, Justin was driving them into town with her hand resting on his leg. There was a calm aura surrounding them and both could feel it. For the first time in a long time, nothing was forced; there was no tension and definitely no nerves taking control.

After a short drive into town Hayden and Justin were being seated in a quiet corner of the restaurant. There were flowers on the table and candles lighting the room. It was romantic but calming at the same time. She felt completely comfortable with him by her side.

Hayden scanned the menu quick while Justin continued to take her in with his eyes. There was something different about her tonight and he couldn’t quite place it. Hayden felt his stares and gently kicked his leg under the table. “Are you going to order something or stare at me the whole night?” She said winking at him.

Justin blushed slightly and opened his menu. Shortly after, the waiter came through and took their order. He was polite when he recognized Justin and made sure not to draw any unwanted attention. After taking a sip of water, Justin leaned back in his chair.

“What?” Hayden asked when she felt those familiar eyes staring at her again.

“Something’s different…I haven’t figured it out yet. But you seem…I don’t know…calm.”

“Thanks…I think. Don’t know if that was a compliment or a backwards way of saying I’m uptight the rest of the time.” Hayden joked.

“I meant it as a good thing…” He said leaning forward and grabbing a hold of her hands. Soothingly, he ran his thumb across her palms and it caused a tingling sensation within Hayden. “Thank you for this trip. I know we didn’t get off on the right foot when we got here but I hope you believe me when I say I had a great time.”

Hayden felt a smile tug at her lips. “Well, hopefully we can do this again sometime.”

Justin smiled at her open invitation. He wanted things to work out between them. He was just looking to Hayden to make the move. He’d already been the pursuer and that obviously didn’t turn out right so if anything was to happen…it was all on her. He couldn’t deny that she occupied his mind 99.9% of the time and when they were apart he was counting down till they could be together again. He certainly didn’t want the trip to come to an end because part of him worried she would run away again. He couldn’t take that on his heart anymore. Every time he felt himself opening up again and letting her into his heart, she’d turn away and slam the door shut.

But something about tonight just felt different. From her outfit, to her looks, to her calm nature. She was absolutely glowing in the restaurant and Justin felt his heart swell thinking about what could be. “However, next time it’ll be my turn to surprise you.”

“I could definitely enjoy that.” Hayden said before pulling her hands free when the waiter approached with their food. Dinner was relatively quiet as both were enjoying their food. Justin was right, it was definitely quiet here but the food was delicious. There was nothing quite like this in California.

“Wow…I’m stuffed.” Justin said leaning back in his chair and rubbing his stomach for effect.

“Me too. Thank you for supper. It was wonderful.” Hayden said reaching for her jacket and placing it around her arms.

“You’re welcome. You want to take a walk before we head back to the cabin?” Justin asked as he stood up.

“I’d love to.” Hayden reached for his hand and intertwined their fingers as they walked out of the restaurant. No one seemed to notice Justin and it was definitely comforting to know that tonight was just the two of them without any bystanders.

The cool wind whipped at Hayden’s face as soon as they walked outside. She snuggled deeper into her coat trying to warm up. Feeling Hayden shiver, Justin wrapped his arm protectively around her as they walked towards the square. Enjoying being in his arm, Hayden laid her head against his shoulder.

“Let’s sit over there on that bench.” Hayden said when they approached the middle of downtown Colorado Springs. Sporadically placed were stone benches overlooking a lighted fountain in the middle of the park. There were street lamps lining the sidewalks which cast shadows throughout the park. It was definitely breathtaking.

As they got comfortable on the bench, Hayden turned to Justin making sure to face him. “There’s something else I wanted to do tonight…” Hayden started.

Immediately, Justin’s mind went to the gutter with that and he smiled. “Oh, really? I can think of a few things too…” Justin played.

Hayden smiled and softly pushed him. “I’m being serious.”

“I know you are…sorry, continue.” Justin persuaded.

Hayden took a deep breath. This was what she had been preparing to do all day. This was the reason she made a trip to town earlier and this was a huge step. Surprisingly though she wasn’t scared, it just felt right. “I know we’ve been through a lot together. I can’t thank you enough for being there when I needed a friend and when I needed a boyfriend. You’ve filled every role I ever asked you to and no words could ever express what you mean to me.” Hayden smiled up at him and reached into her purse, pulling out a small box.

She held it for a second before placing it in Justin’s hand. Gently she squeezed his hand around the box. Justin looked at her, silently asking for an explanation on the gift.

“I can’t possibly explain in words what you’ve done for me or how you make me feel. No one, and I mean no one, has ever made me feel the way you do. Justin, I’ve loved you ever since our first trip to Minnesota. When I opened my life to you…there was no turning back. You’ve had my heart ever since and I can honestly say I don’t want anyone else to have it.” Hayden softly smiled up at him. “I hope you understand this gift…open it.”

Carefully, Justin unwrapped the box from its paper and slowly opened it. Inside the velvet box, positioned between to white cushion shone a simple gold ring. Justin recognized it immediately…it was the ring from Hayden’s necklace.

“Hayden…I can’t take this…” Justin instantly said.

“Yes you can. My necklace was my safety net. It was my comfort. When everything seemed to be going wrong…I could hold onto it and know Josh would be looking down on me.” Hayden tried to explain but Justin cut her off.

“Exactly…this is yours. There’s no way I can take this.”

“Just listen please…and if you don’t want it, I’ll take it back.” Hayden interjected. “That ring was my only connection Josh. That ring was what I used to be my strength. But I realized something…I don’t need it anymore. I don’t need it because you have filled that role in my life. Justin, you’ve been my comfort and my strength for so long now…I don’t need Josh to do it anymore. The reason I am giving this to you is because you’re the one who has my heart. I don’t want you to think otherwise. Your love has set me free of my past.” Hayden finished and she brushed the tears away that sprung forward.

Justin sat there shocked at her confession. She had given him something extremely special to her and she trusted this to him. He understood the importance of her gesture and he was touched deep within his soul. “Hayden…”

“Justin…I love you. I love you so much it hurts at times. I can’t imagine my life without you in it.”

“Beautiful…come here.” Justin said opening his arms up to her and pulling her against his chest. Softly, he kissed her temple and whispered into her ear the words Hayden had longed to hear. “I love you too.”

Gently, Justin rubbed his hand up and down her back. He reached his hand under her chin and turned her towards him. “Hayden, this means a lot to me and I promise I’ll look over it. Thank you.” Softly, Justin brought his lips to hers. Hayden felt like fireworks were going off all around them when she felt their lips meet. She’d longed to feel his touch again and it was everything she’d dreamed about. Feeling his tongue graze her lips, she opened her mouth and allowed their tongues to dance. She felt his arms wrap around her waist and pulled her flush against him. Desperately needing air, she broke their kiss and both were left breathless.

“Justin…let’s go back to the cabin.” Hayden suggested. She knew things could definitely get out of hand and being in a very public place was probably not the best idea. Quickly, Justin got up from the bench and they made their way back to the car. Not long after getting into the car and driving away, were they kissing and groping each other up the walk way to their cabin.

Hayden couldn’t get enough of his lips and feeling his hands all over her body was electrifying. She’d waited so long to feel this way again with him and it was everything she’d hoped for.

Justin fumbled with the keys, while Hayden sucked on his neck and they stumbled through the door. Quickly, clothes were being undone and throne about as they maneuvered their way up the steps towards their bed. Trying not to break the contact of their lips, Hayden managed to get his shirt off and he’d already started unzipping her dress.

Justin picked her up and laid her gently down on the bed. Hovering over her, he started kissing and sucking on her neck. Hayden let out a whimper and she wrapped her legs securely around Justin’s waist. Grinding her hips into him, she could feel his tension and she shimmied her hands down to hold him. Justin gasped for breath when he felt Hayden’s hand wrap entirely around him and start stroking. Hearing his moans of pleasure, she longed to feel him inside her.

“I need you inside of me…Justin…please.” Hayden whispered through her kisses.

Justin quickly shed himself of his boxers and positioned himself between her legs. Gently, he pushed himself inside of her and they gasped in pleasure. It had been almost a year since they’d been together physically and something about this moment was even more beautiful than their first time. Justin began to pulse in and out of her and he was bringing Hayden close to the edge.

“I love you…you’re so beautiful.” Justin whispered between his thrusts and Hayden felt her heart burst with love. He was everything she’d ever wanted.

“Justin…I’m close…” Hayden cried out before she felt a thunderous explosion inside. Her body shook and Justin could feel her walls tighten around him and it was enough to send him over the edge. Looking into each others eyes, they watched each other climax. Justin laid his head on her chest, trying to catch his breath, when he came down. Instinctively, Hayden brought her hands to his head and ran her fingers through the soft curls.

Justin lovingly looked up at Hayden and positioned himself next to her. Wrapping his arms around her, he pulled the blanket up around them tightly. “I love you Beautiful. I always have.”

“I love you too Justin. You’re everything to me.”

Sometimes I sit and I wonder
And I just can't seem to believe
What a blessing it's been to be loved
You're an angel sent to me

You're the star who lights up my sky
You're the one who made me see
That you don't need wings to fly
Your love has set me free

Cause you are the one who makes me whole
In my heart and in my soul
And just like the sun you showed me the light
I'm amazed and you're the reason why

Before you I was so blind
I didn't know which path to choose
You poured all of this love in my heart
And there's no way that I can lose

And when I have no faith in myself
You're the one who makes me strong
I wouldn't have a story to tell
Or an ending to my song

Cause you are the one who makes me whole
In my heart and in my soul
And just like the sun you showed my the light
I'm amazed and you're the reason why


Completed
WhitneyJT is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 14 members. Members who liked The Project also liked 308 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin college