Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey Everyone!!! So here's another chapter! Thank you sooo much for all the reviews, I hope you like the new one. Please review and let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all! Also, I have a question...I wanted to know if anyone is good at designing things or would be willing to help me out with something. I'd appreciate it greatly! Well I'll let you read...please review!! :) Have a good one!!!
Chapter 20: Drinks & Dancing

Hayden awoke to the grating sound of tires rolling over the hard concrete highway. It had been over a month of being on the road and Hayden was still adjusting to sleeping in a moving vehicle each night. She missed her luscious bed, comforter, pillows and the all around warmth of home.

The tour itself had been going fantastic and Hayden’s boss was extremely pleased with her work. Justin’s merchandise and ticket sales had increased and she was proud to be a part of this team. Johnny had also approached Hayden about working exclusively for him in California and although she told him she’d think about it, she knew this was exactly what she wanted to do with her life. However, that would mean working with Justin as well and she wasn’t really sure where she stood with Justin.

He had rung true to his promise, everywhere she went, he wasn’t far behind. The one thing about his persistence was Hayden found it harder and harder not to enjoy his company. He never mentioned their past anymore but he focused more on rebuilding their friendship. It was something Hayden was grateful for and yet she still was confused by it. He never hid his feelings from her but he never pressured her to address her own feelings.

Hayden threw the covers back and carefully made her way out of her bunk. Her feet landed with a thud and she stretched her arms above her head. Slowly, she made her way through the hallway and into the large front room.

“Well good morning sunshine!” Justin said when Hayden opened the door to the living room.

Hayden let out a yelp and stumbled back into the door. “What are you doing here? It’s seven in the morning Justin…plus it’s not cool to scare the living daylights out of me.” Hayden said throwing herself down onto the couch and tucking her feet underneath her. She was exhausted and all she wanted to do was get some sleep.

“Sorry babe…we stopped a little bit ago and I was kinda bored on my bus. So I decided to hop onto yours and wait till you got up.”

“You were bored?! What are you doing up at seven in the morning? Plus, who said I wanted you on my bus?” Hayden said picking up some of her stuff she had strewn about the night before and putting it on the floor.

“I couldn’t really sleep and I know no one else would put up with me this early.” Justin said getting up from his chair and sitting down next to Hayden. “Don’t be made babe…I was just lonely…” Justin said laying his head on her shoulder and protruding his lip out.

Hayden gently pushed his head off. “That look should be illegal Timberlake.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about?” Justin said while innocently batting his eyelashes at her.

“Whatever…it’s too early to argue. Since I can’t really throw you off a moving bus, scoot down because you’re cramping my routine.” Hayden said trying to stretch out.

“What routine?” Justin asked suspiciously as Hayden threw her legs over his lap and laid down.

“Every morning…I get up around six or seven and then come out her to lie back down. I can’t sleep for a long time in that bunk, I sort of freak out in the small space.” Hayden said throwing a blanket across herself.

“So you’re going back to bed?” Justin asked.

“Yep! Goodnight Justin.” She said as she closed her eyes and curled herself up into the corner.

Justin stared mystified at her. He had the biggest urge to reach out and touch her face. She looked beautiful with her hair pulled back, her lips a little swollen, and her cheeks rosy from sleep. He missed her and it was in these times that he longed to have her in his arms. Justin gently nudged Hayden over and over until she opened her eyes.

“What?”

“What am I suppose to do if you’re sleeping?” Justin pouted.

“I don’t care…watch TV, read a book, or go to sleep.” Hayden said.

“I can’t sleep sitting up and you’re taking over the entire couch.”

“You’re a big baby Justin!” Hayden said lifting the covers up and motioning for him to lie down next to her. “Come on…”

Justin quickly obliged and situated himself next to Hayden. He draped the blanket around them and cautiously wrapped his arms around her waist.

“You’re on my bus, taking over my space, and interrupting my routine…” Hayden said before Justin’s hand wrapped around her mouth.

“Night Hayden…” Justin said nuzzling his head into the crook of her neck.

“Goodnight Justin.” It was the first time in over a month that Hayden would sleep peacefully again.

________________________________________________________________________

The tour had made its stop in Chicago for the next couple of days and Hayden was thrilled to be in the same city for more than a couple of hours. She felt energized and alive especially after getting some much needed rest in the morning with Justin. Although, she probably shouldn’t have cuddled with him, she didn’t really regret it either. She couldn’t…it was the first time she felt at home in months.

Since the tour would be stopped here for three days, the entire crew was being booked into a hotel. Once everyone had their room assignments, a couple of people had congregated back in Hayden’s room. Everyone was ready to go out and enjoy their first night of partying since Hayden had come aboard.

“Hayden…are you ready yet?” Dana said knocking on the bathroom door.

“Almost…” Hayden yelled through the door.

“What is she doing?” Luke asked while flipping through the TV channels.

“Not a hundred percent sure. She said she was going to change quickly before we went out.” Dana said sitting on the couch.

“Is Justin coming out?” Luke asked.

“I don’t know. The only person he really talks to is Hayden.” Dana answered just as there was a knock on the door. “I’ll get it.”

Dana opened the door surprised to see a freshly showered Justin standing at the door clad in pajama pants and a grey t-shirt. “Hey…” Dana said opening the door further for him to walk in.

“Hey everyone! Where’s Hayden?” Justin asked as he walked in and greeted all of them.

“Right here…” Hayden said as she walked out of the bathroom. Hayden looked amazing. She had curled every piece of her hair into small tendrils and put on a light amount of makeup to highlight her eyes and lips. She was wearing a tight pair of jeans with a shimmery black tank top that left her back completely exposed, except for the small string that tied it together. Lastly, her feet were clad with a pair of heels to top off the outfit.

Justin felt his throat go dry and he couldn’t stop staring at her. She looked beautiful and he felt that pang in his chest knowing she wasn’t his. He tried his best to control his beating heart rate and desperately he tore his eyes off of her. “Where are you guys going?”

“I’m not sure…there are a couple of clubs a few miles away from here. We figured since we had the night off, we’d go out and celebrate.” Dana answered.

“Cool…sounds like fun.” Justin said nervously. He was starting to feel uncomfortable, especially since Hayden was sauntering around the room completely clueless to what she was doing to him.

“Are you going to come with?” Hayden asked picking up her purse.

“Umm…I was actually thinking about staying in tonight.”

“Well since you crashed my morning routine…I’m crashing your night. Get dressed Justin you’re coming out.” Hayden said pushing him towards the door. “We’re leaving in like twenty minutes.”

With that, Justin was already out the door and making his way back into his room to get ready for the night. He wasn’t really in the mood to go out but if Hayden wanted him to go, he sure as hell would get in the mood.

About a half hour later Justin, Hayden, Luke, Dana, Marty, and Stacy were entering the club ready to let loose and have a good time. The entire group had separated within minutes of entering; some went straight for the dance floor as the music pulsated through the room while Hayden decided she needed a drink before strutting her stuff out there.

“What do you want?” Justin asked when they reached the bar and pulled out some money.

“I want to buy you a shot first and then you can get me a drink.” Hayden said while motioning to the bartender. “Can I get two shots of Doctor and then 2 Miller Lites please?”

“So, are you planning on getting drunk tonight Ms. Charles?” Justin said picking up his shot.

“Only if you do Mr. Timberlake.” Hayden said picking up her shot and tapping it against his before throwing it back. The alcohol burned the back of her throat and she laughed when Justin displayed the same pained expression. The two of them grabbed their beers and made their way back away from the bar towards a table in the corner.

“So are you having fun on the tour?” Justin asked while taking a drink of his beer.

“Yeah definitely. I won’t lie to you, when I first found out that it was your tour…I wanted to run away and hide.” Hayden said laughing. “But…I think this tour was something we needed if we were ever going to be friends again.”

“I completely agree.” Justin said knocking his drink against hers. “I’m really glad you came on the tour Hayden.”

“Me too…you want to dance?” Hayden asked but didn’t wait for an answer as she grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the floor. She needed to get away from that type of conversation and dancing would definitely distract them.

As the two approached the floor the club started blasting Ying Yang Twins through the speakers and Hayden’s hands immediately went around Justin’s neck as the two of them grinded in tune to the music. Hayden normally wouldn’t be found dead grinding with someone but tonight she was ready to just let loose and have fun. Justin was having a hard time controlling himself as Hayden worked her hips into his. The lack of clothing, the drinking, and now the dancing…she was teasing him and he knew it. His hands grazed the skin on her lower back as he worked them down her sides and onto her hips. Before he could fully get his hands settled, Hayden turned around, dropped it down and playfully shook her ass into his hips on the way up. Justin could feel himself getting harder watching her ass bounce around in the jeans and he needed a drink or something to cool down.

“Hayden…I need another drink. I’ll be right back.” Justin said before walking away, leaving a grinning Hayden to dance with Luke.

Justin motioned to the bartender and ordered another beer. “Make that two.” Dana said while standing next to Justin.

“So…are you having a good time?” Dana asked.

“Yeah! I’m glad I came out tonight.” Justin said while paying for both of the drinks.

“So you’ve been pretty wrapped up in Hayden lately...” Dana said as they walked over to a table.

“We’re just friends if that’s what you’re hinting at.” Justin said a little annoyed that she was asking questions.

“I know that…I guess I just wanted to give you my opinion on it all.”

“Please enlighten me.” Justin said sarcastically. He never really talked to Dana besides tour stuff and having this conversation, in a club nonetheless, was definitely a little awkward.

“I think you two are perfect for each other and whatever you need…I’m here to help. I think Hayden’s awesome and since she came on the tour, she’s pretty much my best friend here. I just want to see her happy and I can see the way she looks at you; she definitely still has feelings for you.” Dana said honestly.

“Wow…I never thought you’d say something like that.” Justin said taking a drink.

“I know you and I haven’t ever been really close or anything. I’m not saying that we have to be. But I just wanted you to know I’m rooting for you!” Dana said laughing.

“Thanks Dana…I appreciate it.” Justin said.

“What are you two doing over here?!” Luke said pulling Hayden along with him.

“Just talking.” Dana answered.

“Cool.” Luke said nonchalantly.

“Hayden…want to finish our dance?” Justin asked standing up.

“I don’t know Timberlake. I don’t think you can handle me tonight.” Hayden said wrapping her arm around his waist.

“I think I’ll do just fine.” Justin said pulling her close to him and they continued right where they had left off earlier in the night.

________________________________________________________________________

After a couple of hours of dancing and drinking, the entire group was definitely wiped out and ready to head back to the hotel. Hayden and Justin were in the backseat and she was cuddled up into his side while Justin’s arm was wrapped protectively around her. Hayden had definitely way too much to drink and Justin was there to take care of her.

“Hayden…we’re back. Come on. Let’s get you inside.” Justin said nudging her awake.

Hayden stumbled outside of the car and Justin scooped her into his arms, carrying her inside the hotel and onto the elevator. Thankfully the media hadn’t gotten word of what hotel they were staying at and no one was in the lobby to bother them. Hayden wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes again. After getting to their floor Justin said his goodbye’s to everyone and carried Hayden the rest of the way to her room. Once inside, he set her down gently on the bed.

“Hayden…come on let’s get you in your pajamas.” Justin said helping take off her shoes.

Hayden slipped her jeans off and Justin handed her a pair of shorts and a t-shirt to change into while he went to the bathroom. A couple of minutes later, Justin reappeared to find Hayden snuggled under the covers and in her pajamas.

Justin kneeled down beside the bed and brushed a piece of hair away from her eyes. “Are you ok Hayden? Do you need anything?” Justin asked.

“Yeah…you.” Hayden mumbled as she pushed the covers back and motioned for him to join her in the bed.

“Hayden…you’re drunk. I don’t think…” Justin tried to say before Hayden’s lips crashed upon his. Justin’s eyes widened at her bold move and he brought his hands to her face. He had been waiting for the moment to taste her lips again.

However, Hayden pulled back just as quickly as she had kissed him. “Don’t talk…just get in.”

Justin took his shoes, shirts, and jeans off. Gently, he climbed into bed with just his boxers on and snuggled up next to Hayden. “Are you sure?” Justin asked.

“Absolutely. Good night Justin.” Hayden said pulling him closer to her and she quickly fell into a peaceful slumber.

Justin rubbed his hands soothingly down her back and enjoyed being back in her arms. At least for tonight, he would get his wish and maybe he’d never get a chance to feel this way again…but right now, it was what he needed. Kissing Hayden on the forehead he tightened his hold on her and closed his eyes.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin college