Author's Chapter Notes:
Pretty much what I always say...please please review. It's awesome to hear from everyone!! I truly appreciate each and every one of them!!
Chapter 13: The VMA's


The rest of the week passed in a blur, Hayden was busying rushing around trying to get the final pieces of her project put together. It was already the middle of November and she had three weeks before the final project was due. She was very pleased with the progress she’d made on it, but being a perfectionist she was constantly editing it and that was slowing her down. All of the sections were finished except for the first hand experience of promoting with Justin. She had roughly outlined everything and even started to type it together but this section was so important to her, she wanted it to be perfect.

“You know you’re the only person I know that would spend the morning working on homework rather than getting ready for the VMA’s tonight.” Justin said coming up behind Hayden and wrapping his arms around her.

“I know…but I wanted to keep chipping away at it. It’s due in three weeks.”

“Don’t remind me…” Justin said letting go of her and walking into the bedroom of their hotel.

Hayden quickly saved what she was working on and followed him into the bedroom. “What’s that all about?” Hayden asked sitting next to him on the bed.

“It’s just that your project’s going to be over soon and you’ll be back in Minnesota. I don’t want you to leave.” Justin said intertwining their hands.

Hayden felt her heart surge with love for this man. He’d been so wonderful with her, not only did he understand what she went through, he never pushed her to do anything she wasn’t ready for. “Hun…I still have a month left and we have the VMA’s tonight…it’s going to be a great night. Let’s not get down thinking about everything right now. We’ll talk about this later.”

Hayden wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him with all the love she was feeling inside. She didn’t want him to start worrying about her leaving soon because she was doing it enough for the both of them. She was looking forward to returning to Minneapolis but she had grown too really like California too. Not to mention, both Justin and Tyler were there as well.

“I should probably start getting ready, tonight’s a big deal for your career and I definitely want to look good.”

“You always look good Hayden.” Justin said before she left the bedroom to go get ready.
________________________________________________________________________

Hayden had spent the rest of the afternoon getting ready at the hotel. Justin had brought in his team of stylists to help Hayden with anything she wanted. Knowing he would probably be in the way, Justin left the hotel early to attend a meeting concerning his new world tour for Future Sex/Love Sounds. Periodically throughout the day, he would call Hayden making sure everything was going well; secretly he just wanted to hear her voice.

It was now nearing five o’clock and Justin was anxiously waiting for Hayden in the living room. He nervously clutched a single red rose in his hands, twirling it around every so often. He had no idea what she was wearing or what she would look like but he could barely contain his excitement of being able to be with her tonight. He’d been looking forward to tonight for a long time and it was finally upon him.

Just then Hayden opened the door to the bedroom and walked out in her black strappy heels. Justin felt his throat constrict and he could barely breathe as his eyes traveled over her. She was wearing a short tight black dress that came to right above her knees, with spaghetti straps adorning her shoulders. It clung to her curves in the best way. Her hair was curled into spirals that lay gently around her face and her makeup was light. The biggest surprise of all was Hayden’s necklace was gone, in its place laid a white gold chain with a small diamond drop.

“So what do you think?” Hayden asked twirling in front of him.

Justin stood up from the chair and pulled her into his arms. Gently laying kisses on her bare shoulder he made his way to her lips. The kiss was small but enough for the two of them. “You look beautiful.” Justin said before handing her the rose.

“Thank you…” Hayden said taking the rose and wrapping her arms around his neck.

Suddenly the door opened and in walked Johnny, again with his cell phone attached to his ear. “Yeah…mmmhmm…we’ll be there soon….ok.” Johnny said before closing the phone and dropping it off onto the table. “So you both ready to head over there…wow Hayden you look great.” Johnny said giving her a quick hug.

“Thank you. I just need to grab my purse and I’m good to go.” Hayden said before walking back into the bedroom.

“Are you sure you want to do this tonight?” Johnny asked quietly to Justin.

“I couldn’t be surer…she makes me so happy…and I want us to have a chance at being a normal couple. No more hiding behind shit.” Justin said.

“All right man…well we’re going to hit the red carpet right away, do a couple of interviews and then head inside. They’ll seat you both, but since you’re opening the show, you’ll be taken backstage. Hayden’s welcome to either sit in the audience with me or go backstage with you.”

“I’ll leave it up to her…”

“Leave what up to me?” Hayden asked returning into the living room with her purse now securely under her arm.

“Since I’m performing first I am going to head backstage right away. You can either come back there with me or you can sit with Johnny in the audience to watch. It’s up to you.”

“I’d rather stay in the audience to watch, I haven’t seen you perform before so it will definitely be a great way to start the night.”

“You’ve seen me perform before…remember the picture of you and Riley getting ready to....” Justin’s sentence was cut off by Hayden’s hand wrapping around his mouth.

“I thought we agreed to leave that in Minnesota.” Hayden said playfully.

Johnny coughed loudly and they both looked at him. “You two are crazy and I don’t even want to know what you’re talking about. But we’ve got to get going if you want to make it there.” Johnny said before walking out of the hotel room with Hayden and Justin following closely behind.

The ride over to Radio City Music Hall went quickly but Hayden felt the nerves rapidly taking over her body. She was scared of what people might say and what if she wasn’t good enough to be with Justin. Was she really ready for all of this?

Justin could tell Hayden was nervous; she had every reason to be. This was their first time coming out as a couple to the public, she didn’t ask for the fame or the attention nor did she want it. But this was a part of Justin’s life and if she wanted to be with him out in the open, this came with the territory. This part of his career was the one thing he wished he didn’t have to do. Nobody else in the world has to defend or put on display their relationships, yet he’s being forced to. He just hoped Hayden would be strong enough to handle all of the attention they would soon be getting.

The limo was quickly approaching the area where Johnny, Hayden and Justin would all be getting out of to walk down the red carpet. Justin instinctively reached over and grabbed Hayden’s hand, gently rubbing his thumb across it. The comfort of his touch and the soothing motion helped calm Hayden’s nerves.

“I’ll be right there with you babe…everything’s going to be great. Remember you don’t have to say anything you don’t want too. Just be yourself.” Justin whispered into her ear.

“I know… I’m just not used to doing this. Thank you for being so great today.” Hayden said while giving his hand soft squeeze.

Finally the limo came to a halt; Johnny was first to get out, while Hayden and Justin remained firmly planted in their seats. Hayden’s head was becoming one jumbled mess. It contained everything from how people were going to perceiver her, to how Justin always managed to make her feel better about the situation. It was like he knew what she was thinking at every moment and she loved that. He was her protector.

“Are you ready to go?” Justin asked kneeling in front of Hayden.

“Give me a second…”

“Ok…take your time, its fine.” Justin said putting his hands on her thighs.

Hayden took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She was trying to remember how she got to this point. Just a couple of months ago she was going to school in Minnesota, just like any other twenty-one year old. She was a regular person about to graduate from college. Now she was about to walk the red carpet at one of music’s biggest award shows; arm in arm with Justin Timberlake. Justin…what could she possibly say about him, other than he makes her heart smile. He’d been nothing but understanding from the moment she met him and even now, she was making him late for his award show and he was patiently waiting for her, with a gentle smile across his face.

Hayden reached her hand out, running her fingers along his cheek and down to his lips. Gently pulling him in, she let her lips run over his. At that moment, she finally felt at ease and the words “I love you” effortlessly roll off her tongue.

You’re my beautiful surprise…
When did you fall in love with me?
Was it out of the blue?
'Cause I swear I never knew it,
When did you let your heart run free?
Have you been waiting long?
When did you fall in love with me?


Justin felt his breath catch in his throat hearing Hayden say “I love you.” Finally, she had opened the last piece of her heart up to him and he couldn’t believe how wonderful it felt. She had given her heart away to him and Justin knew she already had his. “I love you too…Oh baby, I love you so much.” Justin said pulling her close and deepening their kiss.

Before the kiss could get out of control and lead to some fun activity, Hayden pulled away. “We should really be getting out.”

“You’re right…I don’t need Johnny opening that door as I’m devouring you.” Both of them laughed at that.

“Trust me babe, we can do that later tonight.” Hayden said flirtatiously.

“I’ll hold you to that. Let’s get going…” Justin said before opening the door and stepping out. Reaching back for Hayden’s hand, he helped her out of the limo. At the moment they stepped out together, the cameras went crazy. People were shouting Justin’s name everywhere and Hayden could barely see right in front of her. After standing together, they made the trek down the red carpet together holding hands. Graciously Hayden let Justin take pictures alone while she talked with Johnny on the side when he stopped to give interviews. However, most people were more interested in who she was and why she was with Justin in the first place. Justin didn’t stop for many interviews on the red carpet; however they had arrived at the last interview he would be giving, with MTV News’ Suchin Pak.

“So Justin, welcome…you look great.”

“Thank you, as do you.”

“So everyone wants to know…who did you bring with you tonight?” Suchin asked while motioning towards Hayden.

Justin securely wrapped his arm around her before he answered. “My girlfriend, Hayden Charles.”

“Girlfriend huh? Well, Hayden you look fantastic and you’re one lucky girl to be with him tonight.”

“Thank you, I feel really blessed to be at the award show tonight and even more so to be with him.” Hayden said.

“So where did you guys meet?” Suchin asked Hayden.

“I’ve been working for WEG management for a couple months now; Justin’s been great, allowing me to work with him on his new album and everything that comes along with that…”

“Nice, well we certainly wish you two the best. Justin hang onto her, she’s a sweetheart!”

“Trust me, I will.” Justin said as he pulled Hayden closer.

“So Justin, you’re up for quite a few nominations tonight with your new album and you will be performing tonight as well.”

“Yeah, I’m going to be debuting my next single tonight…it should be a good show.”

“Most definitely, everyone is here tonight, who are you most looking forward to seeing?” Suchin asked.

“Ludacris and my girl Christina. They both have hot new albums out. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing them.”

“Yeah definitely! They both have great new CD’s. Well I know you’ve got to get going and get ready to perform. Best of luck tonight. It was a pleasure meeting you Hayden. Have a great time tonight you two!” Suchin said before Justin and Hayden continued the rest of the walk into Radio City Music Hall.

Once inside, security ushered Hayden and Johnny to their seats while Justin was whisked away backstage. Before he disappeared though, Hayden gave him a quick kiss for good luck. Not long after Justin went backstage did the lights go down and all of a sudden the sounds of “My Love” blasted through the speakers. In the middle of the arena, Justin came up from the stage. Opening the song with a dance solo of “My Love” and then transferring into “SexyBack.” Hayden was mesmerized at his ability to entertain. He captivated everyone in the audience with his moves. He had definitely evolved from the *Nsync concert she saw years ago in Minneapolis. He was beautiful in her eyes. After his performance, Justin made his way back to Hayden in the audience.

“You were great. I mean, really great!!” Hayden said once Justin sat back down next to her.

“Thank you. It’s because I had someone I loved watching me.” Justin said reaching over and grabbing her hand.

The rest of the VMA’s went off without a hitch. It was a successful night for both of them, Justin walked away with three new awards and people were commenting on the beautiful young woman he had along. His performance was being talked about the entire night and he had Hayden by his side the entire time. Several people had invited them out for the after parties, but Justin politely turned them down. Hayden was surprised that he would rather go back to the hotel but it was his night, not hers.

“Don’t you want to go to the after parties?” Hayden asked once they were back at their hotel.

“Normally, I would go…but I don’t want to tonight…I’d rather spend the night with the woman I love.” Justin said taking his jacket off.

Hayden couldn’t help but smile at his words. She was truly one hundred percent in love with this man. It was a feeling the scared her but more importantly excited her. She had never been with anyone since Josh and this was finally her chance to let it all go.

“Come here…” Hayden said putting her stuff down and walking into the bedroom.

Justin was quick to follow her inside. Ever since the limo ride, he couldn’t wait to be alone with Hayden. She had finally opened her heart to him and on a special night for him. There was no where else he’d rather be than with her now.

Once inside the bedroom, Hayden wrapped her arms around his neck and laid small kisses all over his cheeks before capturing his lips. Justin felt his body re-act and swiftly wrapped his arms around her. Justin’s tongues slowly slid across Hayden’s bottom lip, begging to enter. Feeling his tongue, Hayden parted her lips giving him full access to her mouth. Their tongues met and both felt a warm sensation surge through their bodies. The kiss continued on until, Justin scooped Hayden up in his arms and gently laid her on the bed.

Gradually, Justin laid down beside her and took her into his arms again. Carefully he ran his hands through her hair as he pulled her closer. At that moment, they couldn’t get enough of each other.

“Oh baby, you’re so beautiful...” Justin said shifting his weight on top of her.

“Justin…please…make love to me.” Hayden said tugging his shirt up over his head.

That was all Justin needed to hear before his lips reclaimed hers. Hayden slid the straps of her dress down over her shoulders and off her body while Justin shed himself of his remaining clothing. Lying there naked, Hayden felt his growing tension on her thighs. The anticipation was killing her and she couldn’t wait to have the man she loved, make love to her. It had been over two years since she had felt this way and it was wonderful.

“Hayden, are you sure?” Justin asked before it went any further.

“Yes…I love you.” Hayden said looking into his clear blue eyes. “I really do love you Justin…”

“Oh Hayden…I love you too.”

The two of them made love for the first time that night. It was a beautiful moment when two hearts finally started to beat together.

When we make love I lose track of time
I can't count all the colors I see in your eyes
And while your heart beats in mine, it's true
I can't ever get enough of you
Now my world is filled with so many things
But nothing compares to the touch of your skin
There's a symphony
And a melody that plays whenever you're around
I think I've been found.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin college