Author's Chapter Notes:
As always...please please review!!! Thank you to all of the readers...you're awesome!!
Chapter 11: Moving On

Hayden awoke to the piercing sound of her alarm. She threw her arm out, hitting it repeatedly, trying to stop the loud noise and hang onto a couple more minutes of peaceful slumber. Finally, silencing the damn thing she rolled over, only to be met with those beautiful blue eyes. Instantly, the memories of last night flooded back to her and she felt vulnerable underneath his stare. He knew her most personal secret and whether he would value it or tell his buddies, she would have to wait and see. But something inside told her, he would treasure that night and her ability to let him in. She opened herself up to the possibility of being hurt again, but what would life be without taking a risk?

“Good morning…” Justin said wrapping his arm around Hayden and snuggling up close to her.

“Hey…how’d you sleep?” Hayden said cuddling into his chest, which was quickly becoming her favorite place to be.

“Wonderfully…with you by my side. That couch is definitely comfortable but this bed…it was great.” Justin said gently pushing a stray piece of hair that fell down into Hayden’s eyes.

“Listen, about last night…I’m sorry I got so upset…”

“Please don’t be sorry, Hayden what you went through…I can’t even imagine the pain you felt. There is absolutely no reason to apologize for anything.”

Hayden felt herself relax more in his arms with each passing word. Justin was just thankful she trusted him enough to share a huge part of her life with him. “Thank you, for being there, for listening, for holding me through the night…”

“I wouldn’t have had it any other way Hayden.” Justin said reaching out, pulling her closer, and gently kissed her lips.

This moment, this trip, this man was what Hayden needed. It didn’t matter to Justin that Hayden came with visible baggage. Nobody besides Riley or Tyler understood her and finally, she had found someone to be there and just get it, no questions asked. She couldn’t wait to get back to California; they would be able to spend every day together working towards the release of Future Sex/Love Sounds, and that sounded wonderful to her.

“We should probably get going before Riley comes in here and kicks our ass.” Hayden said throwing the covers off them and making her way out of the bed. Suddenly Justin’s arm reached out for her and pulled her back down.

“Last night…I meant what I said. I really am starting to fall for you…” Justin said searching her eyes for any signs of hesitation, but he found nothing.

“I know…me too.” Hayden said giving him a quick kiss and disappearing out of the room.

Justin rolled onto his back, reliving everything that happened last night. Hayden carried a lot with her still and the fact that she still looked at life positively was amazing to him. He couldn’t imagine losing a first love and never being able to say goodbye or I love you…ever again. He wouldn’t blame her if she was bitter, hell he would be. But she wasn’t…she was still determined to follow her dream and she lived each day trying to be happy. She was hesitant to give her heart away and she never fully let people in, but could you blame her?! Even now though, she was trying…trying to move on and be happy. He smiled remembering their kiss, the one that sent shivers through his body; it was magical to say the least. This trip was exactly what they needed to take the next step as a couple.
________________________________________________________________________

About an hour later Hayden and Justin were all packed and ready to head to the airport. Riley was busying collecting all of her books; she would be cutting it close once she dropped them off to make it to class in time. But she wouldn’t miss seeing them off for anything.

“Are you guys ready to get going?” Riley asked.

“I think so…Hayden you ready?” Justin asked picking up both of their bags.

“Yeah…I have to grab something quick…you guys go ahead, I’ll be right behind you.”

Justin and Riley made their way out of the apartment, carrying all their bags, while Hayden went back into her bedroom. She gave the room a once over, making sure she didn’t forget anything. It was then that she noticed the picture of her and Josh on the desk. It was taken back at their senior prom. Hayden smiled thinking back to that night. She reached for the picture and gently brushed her fingers over the picture.

“Thank you…you taught me how to love and I’ll never forget everything we had. I’ll always love you…but it’s time for me to be happy…it’s time for me to find love again.” Hayden said softly while putting the picture away in a drawer. She was letting go and moving on.

The ride to the airport was silent except for the soft sounds coming from the radio. Riley had pulled up the ramp to drop them off on the curb, she was running short on time and it would have to be a quick goodbye. After unloading all of the bags, Riley hopped out of the car and approached Justin first.

“It was a blast having you here…please come back again! Hopefully, I won’t be so caught up in school and we can hang out more. Take care of my girl.” Riley said as she gave him a hug.

“Thank you so much. I had a great time; I hope to see you out in California soon. By the way…she told me about her necklace last night.” Justin whispered the last statement to Riley, making sure Hayden didn’t hear him.

Riley pulled away giving him a knowing look and smiled. “Come here girl, it was so good to see you and believe me when I say I am thrilled for you, he’s a great guy.” Riley said hugging Hayden.

“Thanks Riles…I agree, he’s definitely a great guy!” Justin blushed.

“Call me when you guys get there…I’ll see you soon. Love you both!” Riley said getting back into her car and pulled out of sight.

Justin secured his hat on his head and made sure to push his sweatshirt up higher around his neck. He had never worn so many sweatshirts before in his life, but if that’s what it took to avoid any media attention, then he’d wear them forever. Hayden gave him the once over and smiled; he was cute when he was in disguise. Reaching for his hand they made their way into the terminal, ready to head back to the craziness in California, but ready to face it together…hand in hand.

________________________________________________________________________

The flight back to California had been pretty uneventful. Hayden and Justin had spent the entire time whispering like two teenagers in love and their hands were never apart…it had taken so much to get to this point, Hayden wasn’t willing to let it go. They talked about Justin’s schedule coming up and Hayden’s project but mostly they talked about everything Hayden went through losing Josh. Justin wanted to understand more and Hayden was willing to share everything with him. He felt privileged to be with someone so strong.

Once the plane landed, Hayden was excited to be back in California. She couldn’t wait to see Tyler and tell him how she felt about Justin.

“Hey…I forgot to tell you, my bodyguard Mike is picking us up. Being in the Los Angeles airport is a little different than Minneapolis/St. Paul’s so it’s just a precaution. He’s a big guy but he’s a teddy bear.”

Hayden nodded and followed him out of the walkway. She scanned the gate and spotted the biggest man she’s ever seen in her life quickly grab Justin, picking him straight off the ground.

“Good to see you J!”

“You too Mike…” Justin barely squeaked out. “Dude…loosen…your…grip…”

Mike gave him one last squeeze and put him back down. It was then that he noticed Hayden; she was definitely a beautiful girl he thought.

“You must be Hayden; I’ve heard a lot about you…pleasure to meet you.” Mike said extending his hand to her.

Hayden shook his hand and smiled. “It’s nice to meet you too, thanks for picking us up.”

“No problem…well let’s get your bags before we draw anymore attention to ourselves.”

Mike, Hayden, and Justin quickly collected everything they’d need and headed out to the black SUV. They had managed to avoid any media attention and both were thankful, they just started dating and neither wanted to explain their relationship to the world. They were still figuring it out themselves.

“Hey J, where am I taking you guys?” Mike asked heading out of the airport.

“Back to Hayden’s place…I’m sure she wants to see her brother.” Justin said smiling at her. He gave Mike the address and Hayden scooted closer to him. She leaned herself against him and Justin wrapped his arm around her.

It wasn’t long before Mike pulled the car into Tyler’s driveway. Sensing that Hayden and Justin wanted to be along, Mike carried Hayden’s bags inside while she said goodbye.

“So what are you doing now?” Hayden asked fidgeting with her shirt.

“Mike’s going to take me home and then I have to go meet Johnny for a bit.” Justin said while reaching out to grab her arms and pull her close.

“All right…well I guess I’ll talk to you later.” Hayden couldn’t hide the disappointment in her voice at not seeing Justin that night.

“Hey…don’t be sad. Besides, you think I’m not going to come back here later…you’re crazy. I’ll call you when I’m done with the meeting, go see Tyler for awhile because when I’m done…it’s you and me time!”

Hayden couldn’t help the smile that overtook her face. He wasn’t kidding when he promised they’d still have their nights together. “That sounds wonderful! Tell Johnny I said hey and that I can’t wait to get back to work…err…whatever you call it that I’m doing here.” Hayden laughed.

Justin chuckled at that and leaned his head down capturing her lips in a slow rhythm. Her lips were amazing and he couldn’t believe how his life has changed in the last week. He pulled away from her and gently brushed his hand across her cheek. “I really had a great time in Minnesota with you…”

“I’m glad…”

“Hey J, you ready to go man…I don’t want Johnny yelling at me.” Mike said reappearing in the doorway.

Justin nodded and kissed Hayden one last time. “Bye Hayden…”

Hayden watched as he got in the car and drove away. This was the first time in over a week that they’d been apart and she missed him already. Telling Justin about Josh was a huge step for her and she couldn’t help but wish he was still there to reassure her that he was ok with her past. Walking back into the house she couldn’t wait to tell Tyler everything, he’d been pushing her to move on and she was doing just that!

“Tyler…we have to talk!!”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin college