Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey Everyone!!! I'm hoping to get all of the chapters back up soon! Please please review...I absolutely love to hear from everyone!! Thank you to everyone who has reviewed this back at the old site and can't wait to meet some new faces here too! :)
Chapter 1:


Hayden Charles sighed for the millionth time that night, despite being a twenty-one year old college student; she was at home on a Saturday night curled up on the couch with her books in her lap. She liked going out and partying with friends but lately her mind was focused more on her studies. She was stressed out. It didn’t matter to her that she was graduating in a semester and college would soon be a memory. She was determined to graduate at the top of her class. Hayden was a perfectionist and an overachiever. These traits are what kept her home on the weekends reviewing her notes from the previous week’s class and reading ahead in the textbook.

“Come on Hayden, you’ve reviewed your notes at least twenty times. Please come out with us tonight.” Riley James, Hayden’s roommate and best friend since kindergarten, pleaded while putting on her shoes.

“Riles, you know how much pressure I’m under this semester, I still haven’t come up with a solid idea for my senior project.” Hayden said while flipping through her notes again.

“I just don’t want to see you stress yourself out again.”

“I’m fine...” Hayden managed to smile.

“I don’t believe you, but I’m not going to fight with you.” Riley said while putting her coat on. “We’re heading out to Brother’s, if you decide to change your mind.” Riles said while walking out the door and leaving Hayden alone for the night.

Hayden relaxed at the thought of having the apartment to herself for the entire night, but it quickly passed as the reality of still not having a topic for her senior project loomed over her head. This project meant everything to Hayden. It was the one class that she was given total creative freedom over. The project had neither limitations nor boundaries and it could revolve around any topic she wanted. She wanted to prove to her professors but mostly herself, that she was capable of producing a project on her own terms.

I am getting nowhere on this project, maybe I’ll take a break; Hayden thought to herself and quickly pulled out her cell phone. She dialed the numbers to her brother; he always knew what to say to help her out. Hayden and her brother have always been close, despite the fact that he moved out to California years ago from Minnesota, they always stayed in contact.

“Hey Ty…” Hayden mumbled into the phone.

“Hey Hayden” Tyler replied.

“What are you up to?” Hayden questioned while walking into the kitchen in search of something to munch on. If she was going to stay home tonight at least she was going to find something good to eat.

“Just getting ready to head to work, you know how it goes; I have to work the graveyard shift again.” Tyler said. Tyler worked as a police officer in California and was always working odd shifts.

“Oh that sucks” Hayden said while reaching for a bag of chips.

“Yeah definitely, so what’s going on with you, shouldn’t you be out partying considering it is a Saturday night?” Tyler questioned.

“Nah, I’m not really interested in the whole party scene, besides I still haven’t thought of a topic for my senior project.”

“Well, what’s the problem? Do you have any ideas with what you want to do?” Tyler asked

“Kind of, I just haven’t really thought them all the way out.” Hayden responded while popping a chip into her mouth.

“Well, what have you come up with so far?” Tyler inquired.

“I kind of want to do something with music. Music has always been my solace; it’s always there for me when I need it. I think I could really get into that idea. But I don’t know what aspect of music I want to focus on. Besides I don’t think that’s a good enough idea. I mean, a friend of mine is doing a full business plan for starting up a company. That blows my idea out of the water.” Hayden said with a defeated sigh.

“Hayden, I think music would be great idea! It’s a personal topic for you and that’s what your professors are looking for. They don’t want some cookie-cutter project, they want you to think hard about what is important to you and write on that. Besides, I know a bunch of people out here that work in the music business that would be willing to help.” Tyler offered.

“Thanks, but I don’t want to impose. Besides, why would any big-wig executive want to help out a college student, especially one from Minnesota?”

“Stop right there Hayden…These guys are good friends of mine. They would at least be willing to hear your ideas. If they thought they could help, they will.”

“Thanks Ty! You’re always there to listen…I’ll keep you in mind if I decide to go forward with the music idea.”

“Anything for my little sister, but sorry to cut this short, I really have to get going if I want to be on time for work.” Tyler hurriedly said into the phone. “Love you sis!”

“Love you too Ty!” Hayden said before closing her cell phone and picking her books back up. She must have looked over these notes a million times. Hell, she could tell you what was on every single page before she looked at it.

Hayden contemplated Tyler’s advice. “Music, Merchandising, Touring, Recording…hmm…it would be a fun project. Shit, why am I stressing out so much over this? Music has never led me in the wrong direction before. Besides, Tyler knows a bunch of people that could really help me out with this project. I’m sure I could head out to California and work on it for the semester.

Hayden quickly threw her books off of her lap and grabbed her cell phone, dialing the familiar numbers once again.

“Tyler, let’s do this”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: justin college