Author's Chapter Notes:

I like to say that I’m so sorry that I haven’t posted anything in a few months. I been going though I bit of a writing slump and well, seasonal depression kicked me in the butt.  

 

 

-Three months Later- 




 




-Chris’ POV- 




I sat in the back of the SUV driving to Angel’s house. I’m so nerves about asking Phyllis if Angel can come and see the taping of our holiday special. I keep moving around in the seat while looking out the window. I knew I was driving Lonnie and Randy nuts. I caught Lonnie looking at me though the rear-view mirror.  




“Antsy much, Chris?” Lonnie said.  




“Sorry, nerves.” I replied.  




“Phyllis will say yes for Angel to come see the special, you shouldn’t worry so much.”  




“I’m trying not to. But its Phyllis.”  




“She’s not that bad. Wouldn’t Joe be the hard one in all of this?” Randy chimed in. 




“Not really, Joey is.” 




I could feel both of their eyes on me.  




“How in the world is Joey the hard on?” Lonnie spoke. 




“He’s overprotective with Angel. He’s been like this for as long as I know them.”  




“Way before the leukemia?”  




“Yup. I don’t know why; I don’t think I ever asked.”  




“Maybe you should try and ask him.”  




“I guess there is no harm in trying to ask.”  




I looked out the window and saw that we made it to Angel’s house.  




“Good luck, man.” Randy said as I got out of the car.  




“Thanks. Don’t know if I need to but I’ll take it.” I replied as I shut the door.  




 




 




 




Angel laid on the couch with her boom box, playing the guys Christmas album. She knew it was a bit earlier, but she didn’t care, she had been through so much too that she was just going to live her life the way she wanted it.  




-Ding Dong- 




Getting up and going to the door.... 




“Chris!” Angel squealed, seeing Chris at the door.  




“Hi, honey bun.” Chris said, leaning in to give her a kiss.  




“What are you doing here? You’re on tour.”  Letting Chris come in.  




“We’re in town to film a holiday special and I wanted to know if you wanted to come and see it being filmed?”  




“I love to. I just got to let my mom know.”  




“I like to ask her; I hope you don’t mind.”  




“No, I don’t mind. My mom is in the backyard with Jasmine’s aunt. Come on let’s go talk to her.”  




“Oh lord, Beth in here. Now I’m in for it.”  




“She is not that bad.”  




“Does she know about us?”  




“Yes.”  




Chris stopped in his tracks.  




“What?” Angel said, turning to look at him.  




“What did she say?”  




“Well, she’s wondering what I see in you.”  




“Angel.”  




“I’m kidding, she’s happy for us. I told her that we are taking things slow right now. That we both don’t want to fuck this up.”  




“Oh ok, you had me worried there for a minute.”  




“Chris, relax, ok. I know that everyone thinks we are crazy for waiting to be with each other soon after your breakup, but to me all that matters is that I love and care for you, ok.”  




“You love me?”  




“Yes, I do. I love you; I know it's too early in this relationship, but I don’t care.”  




Chris took her in his arms and kissed her. He loved how she felt in his arms. He couldn’t believe that Angel was now his. It was something that he had wanted for about a year and now she was all his.  




“I love you, Angel Janis Fatone.” Chris said after breaking off the kiss.  




“I love you too, Christopher Alan Kirkpatrick.” Angel replied.  “We better go and ask my mom about this show you like me to see and get you back to the guys before they come looking for you.”  




“Yeah, I guess so. Thought I rather keep kissing you.”  




“Chris.” Angel giggled.  




“What? I love your kisses. They are sweet like you.”  




“Angel, sweetheart, who are you talking to?!” Phyllis called from the yard.  




“Hi, Mrs. Phyllis.” Chris answered coming in the yard with Angel.  




“Chris, what are you doing here? Your on tour.”  




“Didn’t Joey tell you that we are in town filming a holiday special?”  




“No, or maybe he did. So what is the purpose of this surprise visit?”  




“I wanted to know if its ok that Angel comes and sees the taping on the show? Joe said it was fine, I wanted to make sure it was ok with you.”  




“Its fine with me, alone as Angel has taking her meds before she goes.”  




“I can do that, mom. Thank you. Yeah, I get to see you and the guys.”  




“Yes, you do. Thank you so much, Mrs. Phyllis.”  




“You’re welcome Chris. Now go, get yourself ready Angel and don’t forget to take you meds.”  




“I won’t mom.” Angel walked back in the house.  




 




 




-Joey’s POV- 




I stood around with the guys for the past hour, waiting to find out where in the world Chris ran off to. He said that he be gone for a half hour, and that was almost an hour ago.  




“How long does this “errand” of Chris’ last? Lance said has he put air quotes over the word errand. 




“I have no clue. He better get here soon, I called him about ten times and each time he said, I’m on my way back.” JC replied.  




“This is driving me nuts, if he doesn’t get back in in five minutes, I’m going to go find him and kick his ass for making us wait this long for him.” I chimed in.  




“Think that will fly with Angel? I mean he is dating your sister?” Justin pointed out.  




“How well do I know. They just starting seeing each other. Plus they are not boyfriend/girlfriend yet?”  




“Are you sure about that?” JC raised his eyebrows at me.  




“Yes. I think I should know.”  




Just as a was saying that, we heard Chris, Lonnie and Randy coming though the set, I was a glimpse of someone else.  




“Hey, sorry guys, I didn’t mean for that to take as long as it did, but I got someone with me.” Chris said walking up to us.  




I finally saw who it was.  




“Angel!” Lance said running over to her and giving her a hug.  




“Hi, Lance, I guess surprise.” Angel replied hugging him back.  




“What are you doing here?” I asked.  




“Chris come to the house and asked mom if I can come and see your holiday special and she said yes.”  




“I already asked your dad and he said it was fine. I wanted to ask your mom if it was ok as well.”  




“Are you sure she can handle setting thought the whole show?” I could hear the concern in my voice as I spoke.  




“Yes, I can. Mom made sure I look my meds before I left the house. Joey, I swear you are more overprotective then usual.”  




“I just want to make sure your okay. I don’t want anything to happen.”  




“I’m fine. Just be happy to see me like the rest of the guys are.”  




“I’m happy to see you. I worry about you that’s all.” I give Angel a hug.  




“ I know you do, just try to worry less about me. I been doing great for the past three months now. Everything is going good, the meds are working they way they should and all I have to worry about is when all the chemo and radiation is out of my system, which should be in about nine months.”  




“Oh Lord, how long is Chris going to wait to get something from Angel?” Justin putting his two cents in. 




“Justin!” Angel scolded him. 




“What? I’m just saying.”  




“I’ll be fine. That’s far from my mind right now. We are talking things slow in the this relationship, ok.” Chris told all of us. 




“Now that settled, can we get on with the show.” I told everyone.  




“Yes, let’s do this.”  




 




-Angel’s POV- 




Watching the guys tape the special was amazing. I sat away from the cameras, a lot of the fans where so happy to see me and in-between songs, a few near me asked how I been. I was so sweet of them. I love the fans. I love how they make the guys happy. I caught Chris smiling and winking at me a few times when the cameras weren’t on him and none of the fans saw. I think a few did, it didn’t help that he come over to me, pulling me a side and kissing me. I told him to stop. Truth was I didn’t want him too. I love being with Chris. He is so amazing and understanding with everything.  




 




“ I thought I told you to stop kissing me in front of the fans.” I told him as he did it for the fourth time.  




“I can’t help it. I love those lips of yours.” Chris answered.  




“And they are sweet too, right.”  




“Yes, honey bun.”  




“Why do call me that?”  




“Because your sweet like one.”  




“You know you can be full of yourself at times but I still love all the sweet things you say.”  




“One day soon I like to show you more sweet things I can do.”  




“Chris!” Teasing him.  




“What? I know its going to be a while before any of that, I can’t tease you.”  




“Yes. I don’t know how long your going to last. I know your going to go crazy.” I smiled at him.  




“I know. I better get back. We got about two more songs to do an then I’m your.”  




“I can’t wait. I love you.”  




“I love you too.” Chris gave me a quick kiss and left to go back to the stage.  




 




 




-Few hours later- 




Chris and the guys had finished the taping and getting everything packed up and ready to go. As he made his rounds saying thank you and great show to those who helped put the whole show together, he took over had the stands where the fans had been sitting. The Stage was circus themed, liked they where under the big top, he saw Angel laying down, passed out sleeping. He didn’t want to wake her but he had to.  




“Angel, honey, wake up.” Chris whispered in her ear.  




“Hum, what? Hi baby.” Angel said waking up and stretching.  




“Hi, honey bun. Time to get up, I have to take you home.”  




“Do I have to? I rather stay with you.”  




“Yes, you do, as much as I want you to come with us, you know you can’t.”  




“I know, I just miss you so much. Hell, I miss all of you.” Angel sitting up.  




“I miss you too. Just a few more weeks and I’ll be home and I can see you everyday until you get sick of me.”  




“I can’t wait. I could never get sick of you. Joey maybe, not you.”  




“I heard that!” Joey yelled.  




“I’m glad you did. You can be so annoying.” Angel yelled back.  




“I’ll give you annoying.” Joey come over and picking Angel up and over his shoulder.  




“Hey, put me down.” Angel starting hitting Joey’s back.  




“Ok, I’ll put you down. Just say Uncle.” He started tickling at her sides.  





Incomplete
chris_girl86 is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked The Promise Of Forever- The Soulmate Series: Book One also liked 16 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: joey chris