Author's Chapter Notes:

A little backround on how Angel find out about the Leukemia and the surgey that she's going to have.

-Angel’s POV-

For the past two hours Chris and I were going over plans for all the pranks we would like to do to the guys on the fall leg of the tour. With a bonus of me getting Justin back for the water innocent. I always love hanging out with Chris. Ever since he finds out I can dish out the pranks when they first started tour over in Europe, I been his partner in crime. I like to be more, much more. I have feelings for him. Started out as a crush then somehow it turned in me falling for him. I know he’s way older than me and my brother’s bandmate, which I know Joey would be so pissed if he knew, none of that matters because Chris sees me for me, not Joey’s kid sister. The other guys will always see me as the little girl that would follow Joey around constantly. That didn’t last long, I got older, made friends, got a boyfriend, and the one who got me pregnant at sixteen. My parents weren’t thrilled about that. Joey wasn’t either. I did stand my ground and told them I was keeping the baby. I didn’t get the chance to. I was about two months pregnant when I started to feel ill. I felt tired, I had a burse that wasn’t going away, then one night I passed out, got rushed to the hospital and after a shit ton of tests, they found out that I had Leukemia. The doctors told my parents and I that it was hereditary. I didn’t understand, I knew my family’s medical history or so I thought. That’s when they told me, my mom and dad told me that I was adopted. First, I was in shocked, got pissed off, said somethings I would have never said to them. After talking to Noah, the guy I was with at the time about me being adopted, he told me that I have parents that love me, and I should be glad that I have them in my life and Joey also helped talk me down from the anger I felt. Everyone around me at the time didn’t blame me for how I was feeling. I was told I had a form of blood cancer, adopted and now giving the choice of ending my pregnancy to do the Chemo treatments. I chose to end it; I wanted that little girl I was going to have. Noah, he didn’t stick around, he couldn’t take that fact that the baby we were going to have, is now gone. It had nothing to do with the Leukemia, it was the loss of a child. After that I haven’t talked to him much, or our group of friends. I sometimes talk to Janet, but that is far from in between.

Now the baby I was going to have been now a part of the surgery that I’m getting. I found out about a steam cell transplant to help rid my body of the cancer, I found out that I could bank some of the cord blood from her and Christina helped too. When she had Joanne last year, she did the same thing to help me out, tested everything out and found out Joanne was a match along with the baby girl I was supposed to have. I’m so grateful for everything.

 

“So, everything is set then?” Chris says to me, taking a piece of pizza from the box that was in between us. He got it earlier, when everyone got hungry. I tried to eat some but that didn’t go so well.

“Yup, seems like it. Damn stomach, I so want to eat that.” I answer.

“Sorry, I thought things were getting a little better?”

“They were, I guess it nerves about next week.”

“Your nerves?”  Chris puts the half eating pizza back in the box and lays the now closed box on the floor.

“Yes, just want everything to go alright.”

“It will, Angel, the doctors know what they are doing.”

“I know, sorry. I been thought so much this past two years that now it’s almost over.”

“I get it. All this has not been easy on all of us, including me.” Chris looks away from me.

“What does that mean? I know everyone has been worried about me. Why hasn’t this not been so easy on you?”

“Uh, fuck, I think I said something I should have said.”

“Chris?” I moved a bit closer to him.

“Angel, umm, I don’t know… actually I shouldn’t say anything because I….”

“Say what? Whatever it is you can tell me.”

Suddenly Chris leans in and kisses me. I’m taking a back a first, I don’t know what come over me, but I kiss him back.

 

-Chris POV-

I don’t know what the hell came over me, I just went for it and kissed Angel. And she kissed me back. I can’t believe she kissed me back. I felt her trying to pull me down on the bed, I slowly let her. Having her in my arms felt amazing, the kiss felt intoxicating. I want more, I wished for more, but I knew I couldn’t. For a few minutes, everything was perfect, well for a moment.

“What the hell, Chris?”

I broke the kiss and looked over at the door and saw Danielle standing there.

“Danielle, I’m sorry.” I managed to say.

“Save it, I thought things were going to get better with us, but I guess not.” Danielle stormed out of the room.

I got up from the bed and ran after her.

“I’m sorry ok, it just happened.” I told her.

“It just happened, Chris, you just decided to kiss Angel out of nowhere.”

“We were talking about her surgery, and I told her that it hasn’t been easy on me that she’s been sick, and she asked why and somehow, I just… I just kissed her.”

“There must be a reason. Is there must be one.”

“There is, I rather not say.”

“You are not going to tell me. Unbelievable, Chris, when everything seemed to be back on track with us, you go and do this.”

“Back on track, D, last night you told me that you wanted to end things, this after you find Jess at my house after I spent hours with her in the ER, after I found her outside my house, coughing up blood, and in so much pain that she couldn’t fucking walk. But I guess I was wrong!”

“No, I was wrong to think that maybe we had a chance to fix this….”

“Fix this, fix this. Danielle, we have been trying to fix this for months and nothing is working, I’m tired of this whole back and forth bullshit that we are doing.”

“I’m glad to know that trying to fix our relationship is bullshit to you!”

“Our relationship has never been bullshit, I’m sick of the fighting. You want to work this out then fine, let’s work it out.”

“How? After what you just did? How can we.”

Just then I saw Angel coming down the stairs. As I looked up at her, Danielle had anger in her eyes.

“D, don’t, don’t you dare take this out on her.” I told her.

“Why you fucking little bitch, how dare you. How fucking dare, you!” Danielle yelled.

“D, I’m sorry, I had no clue Chris was going to do that.” Angel defended herself.

Suddenly, Danielle slams Angel across the face.

“Danielle, you need to go.” Jennifer chimed in.

“Chris, you need to tell me why you kissed Angel?” Danielle demanded.

“Ok, fine, you want to know, I’m in love with her. Ok, I have feelings for Angel. Happy now!” I finally confessed.

“You have feelings for me?” Angel questioned.

“You’re in love with my little sister?” Joey asked.

“Yes, ok. Now everyone knows. D, please just leave.” I told her.

“Fine. We’re done.” Danielle stormed out.

“Chris, is what you wanted to tell me earlier?” Angel said, walking over to me.

“Yes. I need some air. Come on Busta.” I said, calling my pug dog over to me and walking out into the backyard.

 

 

 

Chris sat on the beach area by the cabin. The place they called the cabin was in a private beach front community. Jennifer inherited the beach house from her grandmother when she passed away. Her grandmother called it the cabin because she felt like it was a getaway from all. Chris and everyone else were the one place that they all come to destress from all the chaos of fame.

His thoughts were on how he made a fool of himself with Danielle and now Angel knows how he feels about her. He never meant for it to come out the way it did. He wanted to see if things were over with Danielle before he told Angel how he felt.

“I made such a fool of myself, Busta. Now what do I do? D, hates me, Angel, hell, I don’t know what she thinks of me. Probably, thinking all this come about because she’s sick.” Chris said as he petted his dog.

Busta just licked his hand and took in the pets Chris was giving him.

“I don’t think you made a fool of yourself, Chris.”

Chris looked up to see Angel standing there, trying to balance herself.

“Where’s your walker or your cane? How did walk all the down here on your own?” Chris questioned.

“Joey helped me down here, I wanted to talk to you about what happened.” Angel slowly sat herself down next to him.

“And I did make a fool out of myself. Angel, I didn’t want my feelings for you to come out the way they did. I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry for what? For having feelings for me, Chris. When did this start?

“It started out as an innocent crush, I thought you’re cute, I knew you were too young for me. I thought nothing would come of this. I tried to forget it, I tried to put whatever I was feeling for you aside, I kept telling myself that I wasn’t falling for you, but I couldn’t help it. The crush I had turned into feelings. Those didn’t start until you turned eighteen.”

“So last year then?”

“Yes, it was last summer when those feelings started. I don’t know what it was, I started to see you has more than…”

“More than Joey’s little sister?”

“I never saw you has that; I always saw you as Angel.”

“Really? Can you still see me as the girl who can pull a great prank with you?”

“Yes. I spilled my guts and yet I have no clue how you feel.”

“How I feel? Let’s see, umm, the same.”

“What?”

“Chris, I have feelings for you too. I had a crush on you since I met you. I didn’t know you felt the same.”

“Well, I do. Now what?”

“Talk to Danielle and see where things go and if and only when you know things are done with her, then we can go from there.”

“You sure that’s a great idea?”

“Yes. I don’t want to be the reason why you two broke up.”

“Ok, I will try and talk to her, I think I better wait until we are both calm.”

“That would be best. Now about that kiss from earlier.”

“Oh, that, I just went for it, I guess. I don’t what come over me. I went from I think I want to tell you how I feel about you, to fuck it, I’m just going to kiss her.”

“It was a nice way of telling me Chris.” Angel took Chris’ hand.

“I really do love you more then a friend.” Chris looked into her eyes.

“I love you too.” Angel leaned in a kissed him.

 

 

-Joey’s POV-

I stood by the gate that led down to the beach area at the cabin. I was watching Angel and Chris talking. I couldn’t believe my best friend, brother and bandmate is in love with my kid sister.

I just kept thinking I have enough to worry about now I have to worry about this.  I saw Angel kiss Chris. It took all my power not to go down there and break them two up.

“You’re spying on them?” Kelly asked, coming beside me.

“I know, I just can’t get my wrap my head around what Chris just admitted. Wondering how long he has been in love with my sister.” I said, looking at Kelly.

“That’s not all you’re thinking, is it?”

“I don’t know what to think, Kel. Angel’s my sister, my sister and he loves her.”

“Joey, stop being the overprotective brother that you have been for years and opening your eyes to the fact Angel is not the little girl who used to follow you around, you don’t need to keep protecting her from any man she chooses to date.”

“I’m trying to, it’s something I can’t turn off. I made a promise that when she was a baby that I wouldn’t let anything bad happen to her. Then the Leukemia diagnosis happened, I felt like I broke that promise. It sounds crazy, it’s how I feel.”

“It doesn’t. Yes, I agree the Leukemia diagnosis is the only bad thing that has happen to Angel, nothing else bad is going to happen to her.”

“I hope you’re right.” I looked back down at the beach to see Angel and Chris along with Busta walking back up. The pug dog was running a few feet in front of them and then stopped to look back and did the same thing again. It was cute how he was always looking out for Angel when she was around him.

I saw Chris kiss Angel on the cheek, the one that Danielle had slapped her on. That hurt me, I know Angel didn’t deserve that one bit.

“Hey, Joey, I’m sorry for everything.” Chris said as soon as he and Angel were back on the porch.

“It’s fine, man. Just explain one thing, when did this all start.” I asked.

“A purely innocent crush around when I first met her, I just thought she was cute, nothing more and then last year it turned into something more, I realized that I was falling in love with Angel. Joey, I never meant for any of this to happening, but it happened.”

“Innocent? Like a schoolgirl crush?”

“Yes, just like that, nothing else at the time. All the feelings come about last summer, I started to look at Angel in a different light, I started to see how amazing she is, how, well, Joey to be honest, I looked at her one day and saw this incredibly beautiful woman who I wanted to one day be with. I know I’m with or maybe not with Danielle anymore, and I know I’m dating or was dating her, I don’t know right now.”

“Chris, did you want to date Angel before dating Danielle or did you just settle?”

“I didn’t settle for Danielle, when I met her, I liked her, I wanted to date her.  I do love her, just I’m not in love with her. I hope that makes sense,”

“It does, I know you liked Danielle a lot when you met her. I just hope whatever happens from here on out that you’re making the right decision.”

“I’m going to talk to Danielle when we both calm down and see how things go and if its over then maybe if Angel wants to, I would like to try and see where things go.”

“Ok, that I can live with. Well, what you think, Angel?” I looked at Angel.

“I think it’s a great plan and yes if and only when things are really over with Danielle, I’ll be here.” Angel answered.

“Ok, now that is taking care of, Angel, I want to tell you something that your brother hasn’t had the balls to tell you.” Kelly spoke up.

“And what’s that?”

“I’m pregnant.”

“Kelly, you are. Oh my god, I’m going to be an aunt. Joey, why didn’t you tell me?”

“I was going to wait until after the surgery, but I guess we’re not.” I replied.

“Well, I was sick of waiting. God only knows how long you would have waited to tell her.”

“I’m so happy for you both. I’m going to be aunt.” Angel had the biggest smile on her face.

“Yes, you are, Angel.” I chuckled, seeing her trying her hardest not to bounce up and down.

‘About damn time you both tell her.” Chris chimed in.

“You knew?”

“Yes, everyone knows, Joey was the one who was holding out on telling you.”

“Joseph Anthony Fatone Jr, why in the world would hold out on telling me you and Kelly are pregnant? Umm, I like to know.”

“I didn’t want to tell you right away because I thought something would go wrong with the surgery.”

“Seriously, Joey?”

“Yes, sorry.”

“I guess my worrying is wearing off on you, uhm.”

“I think so. Forgive me?”

“Oh course. I’m still happy for you both.”

“Good, come on let’s go inside, you look like your getting cold, Angel.”

“I am. I swear its like 90 degrees out here and I’m the one freezing.”

“It will all change soon.” Chris told her.

“It better. I just want to feel warm again. And maybe not so tried.” Angel walked into the cabin with the rest of us.

“Chris, are you ok? Is everything ok? Lindsey asked.

“I’m ok. Everything is ok. Angel and I talked, and I’m going to try and talk to Danielle and see how it goes.” Chris answered.

“And what about what was said? You really like Angel more then a friend?” Lance questioned.

“Yes. It just happened. I didn’t mean for it to happen.”

“So, no one is going to ask me how I feel about all of this? I see how it is.” Angel pretending to pout.

“Oh Angel, how do you feel.?” Justin teased her.

“Justin, really? You’re just asking for that ass kicking.”

“Ok, I’ll stop messing with you. But how to do you fell?”

“I have feelings for Chris. I had a crush on him for a few years now.”

“And let me guess, Joey is pissed and doesn’t want you do maybe date Chris?” Jasmine chiming in.

“I’m not pissed.” I say, standing my ground.

“Sure, Joey. I know you since we were born, you can’t lie to me.”

“No, really, he isn’t. Also, when was everyone going to tell me I’m going to be an aunt?” Angel folding her arms.

“You finally told her.?” Jennifer asked.

“I told her. I got tired of Joey holding it off. So, I said something.” Kelly answered.

“See, Joey, it wasn’t that hard to tell Angel. I guess Kel as more balls than you do.”

“Jennifer, one day that mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble.”

“One day, Joey, it’s been getting me in trouble since I met you, or do I have to remind you of the bet you made one time that for a week, I had to hear Amy’s clothes.”

“Oh, I remember that bet, that was a damn good day for me.” JC said, putting his two cents in.

“Yeah, we all know Josh, you got in Jen’s pants, or I should say Amy’s.” Angel now in a fit of giggles.

“Hate to break it to you all, those where actually mine clothes.”

“What?!” Everyone day at the same time.

“After I lost the bet, I went out and get those clothes that I wore that week, you all really thought I wore my twin sister’s clothes?”

“Yes, you held that in all these years?” JC questioned her.

“Yup. Now can we get back to the subject of Chris and Angel, because I like to know if they are going to date or not.”

“I guess we’ll see what happens, I need to talk to Danielle first and see if her and I are over before I start dating anyone else.” Chris told her.

“Ok, when will that be?”

“As soon as we both are calm and not acting like children.”

“Hey, Chris, I’ll be waiting for you.” Angel said, kissing Chris’ cheek.

I saw Chris blush when she did that. “

Maybe them two together isn’t going to be a bad thing.” I thought.  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: joey chris