-Chris’ POV-

I woke up to the sound of Joey talking on his cell phone. My body was aching a bit from the last two nights at Madison Square Garden and with two more to go, it was starting to take a toll on me. Though I’m used to it, sometimes it starts to get old and more difficult. As I continued to lay there on my stomach, I realized who he was talking to. Angel, his sister. Well, I should say, adoptive sister. That point doesn’t really matter because she’s at home, sick with her second bout of Leukemia. At Just nineteen years old and dealing with this again. She first got diagnosed at sixteen, a month before her seventeenth birthday. On top of that, she was pregnant, she chose to end the pregnancy to do chemo treatments. Joey, I know he has been talking it hard. Me, I’m a wreck, it’s all because well…

 

“Hey, Chris, you want to talk to Angel?” Joey asked, breaking Chris from his thoughts.

“Yeah, sure.” Replied Chris, turning onto his back and sitting up on the bed.

“Talk as long as you want, I need to use the bathroom.” Joey handed Chris the phone.

“Hey, Angel, how you are feeling?” Chris said after putting the phone to his ear.

“I’m good, a bit weak but good.” Angel answered on the other end of the phone.

“That’s good. Can’t wait to see you.”

“I know, around next week.”

“How do you know that?”

“A little birdy told me?” Angel started giggling.

“Ok, sure, would this birdy be Lance?”

“Damn, yes and he said that all of you are going up to the cabin then.”

“Yes, we are, you better come up. I need my partner in crime to get these pranks on tour going again.”

“I know you’re so lonely out there in the prank world without me.” Angel just about in a fit of giggles.

“Damn skippy I am. Hey listening make sure you watch the HBO concert tonight, hopefully Joey doesn’t fall on his ass again.”

“I won’t miss it. Oh god, how?”

 

-Joey’s POV-

I come out of the bathroom to hear Chris tell Angel about my fall last night. I can hear her in a fit of giggle knowing that I tripped over my own two feet and fell flat on my face for the billionth time. I swear my little sister loves to laugh at my expense. I hear them talk for a few more minutes, I look over and see Kelly in the room. I smile a bit, it’s hard to be happy, knowing that Angel is at home sick, and I have the greatest thing happening to me, which I haven’t told her that Kelly and I are pregnant and that she has a niece or nephew on the way.

“Here’s your phone back, man.” Chris says to me, handing back the cell phone.

“Thanks.” I answer back.

“You, ok?

“Not really, just worrying about Angel. I wish she wasn’t going through this again.”

“I know, it’s been hard on all of us. She’s having surgery next month, hopefully this all will be done with.” Kelly says.

“She’s right dude. Oh, and speaking on you two, when are you two telling Angel, your pregnant, it’s getting hard not to say something to her?”

“I want to tell here, it’s hard to know when to bring it up over the phone.”

“We could tell her next week when you all are home, just a thought.”

“Ok, I’ll try to say something.”

“Say something?!” Chris and Kelly say at the same time.

“Look, I don’t want to tell Angel something this importing and then things with the surgery don’t work out.”

“She will be fine. I know she will be ok.”

“Ok.”

“Come on let’s get something to eat. By the way, Chris, you look like shit.”

“Just tried and worrying about Angel doesn’t help.”

“Don’t worry so much. Angel is fine, she’s been doing great, now come on let’s all get breakfast.”

“Ok, let me use the bathroom and I’ll be right out.”

“Ok, man, don’t take forever. Hey Jen.”

 

-Chris’ POV-

I looked over and saw Jennifer come into the room. She and her group are in town as well, going press. They just had some four tour dates at MSG last week that we have this week.

“Mind if I talk to Chris alone.” She asks Joey and Kelly.

“No, go ahead, we’re going to get some food.” Joey answers, leaving the room with Kelly.

“So, what’s up?” I ask, going to the bathroom.

“You remember what I told you a few days ago?”

“Yes” I say from the bathroom.

‘You haven’t said anything, have you?”

I rolled my eyes at the question as I finished in the bathroom.

“Of course not, Jenny, why would I tell everyone something like that?” I question her walking out of the bathroom.

She takes a breath. “Because I’m scared it’s going to come out.”

“Baby girl, you have my word, I will not tell anyone about you being Bisexual. You tell them when you’re ready.”

“Thanks Chris, you been one of the hardest people for me to tell this to.”

“What? Josh wasn’t or James?”

“Nope, Josh, he kind of knew and my dad, hell, he fucking knew without me telling him.”

Just then a sleepy brown hair, brown eye little girl came trotting in with her favorite teddy bear. I smiled as Jen picked up her daughter, Shaina.

“Well, hello sleepy head and why aren’t we with daddy getting breakfast?”

“I heard you in here, mommy, with Uncle Chris.” Shaina says.

“Come on little one, let’s get you fed, along with Mr. Bird here.” I say to her picking up the bear she dropped on the floor when Jen picked her up.

 

-Few Mins Later-

Chris sat there listening to what everyone’s plans were when the tours were done. All he could think about was Angel and how he was going to finally tell her….

“Want some, Uncle Chris?”

Chris smiled as he saw Shaina climb on his lap with a bowl of cereal.

“No, that’s ok, honey.” He replied.

“Shaina, you’re going to get that everywhere, give it to me.” Jennifer told her daughter.

“Yes mommy.” Shaina hands the bowl to her mom.

“You need to eat something, Chris, here eat this.” JC said, handing Chris a plate of food.

Chris takes a bite of a piece of toast.

“See, I ate something.” After finishing his bite.

“Now finish it.”

“Yes father.” Chris sarcastically says to him.

 

-A Week Later-

“Mom, Dad, you home?!” Joey called walking into his parent’s home.

“In the kitchen, Joey.” His mom, Phyillis, called out.

Before he went towards the kitchen, he saw Angel fast asleep on the couch with his superman blanket and one of Chris’ hoodies that he gave her last summer when she came to see them on tour. His eyes were starting to fill with tears. Just then his mom walked in from the kitchen.

“Hi, honey.” Phyllis said, giving Joey a hug.

“How is she?” Joey asked after the hug.

“Angel’s doing ok, a lot of sleeping on the couch, sometimes she’s up all night, crying, she’s worried about the surgery next week.”

“She has nothing to worry about. Should we all be worried, mom?”

“No, the doctors know what they are doing, she will be ok.”

“I hope so, I just want this to be over with. I want my little sister back.”

“I know, sweetheart. This should be over soon.”

“I hope so, mom.” Joey said, walking into the living room.

 

-Joey’s POV-

I felt the tears building up again as I saw Angel on the couch, sound asleep. A wig laid on the coffee table. Her bright pink one, the one Chris got her two Christmas ago when we are all in New York. She always would wear it when she had Chemo, the nurses always got a kick out of it.

I felt a tear fall from my eyes when I leaned down to kiss her on her cheek.  After a few moments, Angel started to stir awake.

“Joey, you’re home.” Angel said, waking up.

“Yes, I am. I missed you.” I replied.

“I missed you too.” Angel started to slowly sit herself up.

I noticed the hoodie looks a bit different on her. I had gotten so used to how much weight she lost doing the chemo treatments.

“You put on some weight?”

“Yup, I’m up about 50 pounds now. It feels nice, I’m even eating small meals now. I know Joey, a lot has changed since you last saw me in May.”

“It has. I’m just glad that you’re starting to feel better. So, when do you want to go up to the cabin?”

“Is everyone up there already?”

“Yes. Come on, everyone is waiting to see you. Go get ready.”

“Yay, I get to see everyone. Mom, are you ok with it?” Angel looked at our mom.

“Yes, now go, have fun.” Answered Phyllis.

 

 

 

“What is it with you two? First you both fight and then you both make up; fuck make up your minds.” Jennifer said, seeing Chris and Danielle on the couch in the cabin.

“What? Can’t we be nice to each other for once. Its hasn’t been an easy 24 hours for all of us you know.” Chris replied looking up from the paperwork he was looking at.

“Jen is everything ok?” asked Danielle.

“Not really. I really hate this. I can’t believe what Jess is going though and having to find out last night that Jacob is beating my little sister hurts like hell.” Jennifer taking a sit on the chair.

“I hate all this too. I hate that I was the one to find out. You know none of this is your fault, Jen.”

“I know, Chris, I warned her about him, I told her, he like his brother, she didn’t listen to me. Fuck, if only I could have got though her more.”

“Jennifer Gene Heart, you know damn well you did all you could to get through to Jessica and now all we can do is help her and support her in getting out of the relationship. I know we all are stretched thin because of Angel but that doesn’t mean we can’t also focus on Jess as well.”

“You know I hate when you use my whole name right?”

“Yes, I do. It gets though to you though.”

“Yeah, I know. Still hate it.”

“Well, has much fun as this sounds, kidding, I need to get this finalized for the clothing stores that we have a presentation for. I’ll see you all a bit later.” Danielle said getting up and gathering all the paperwork.

“Ok, need anything else from me, babe?” Chris asked, handing her the rest of the papers.

“Not that I can think right now. I will let you know later tonight.”

“Cool, thanks.” Chris looks up and sees Joey walk in the door.

“Hey everyone, look who I got.” Joey said.

“Angel!” Chris jumped up from the couch and ran to Angel.

“Hey Chris. I missed you.” Angel replied, giving Chris a hug.

“Hey Angel, how are you?” Danielle asked.

“I’m doing good, my surgery in coming up, a bit worried about that.”

“I heard; you’ll be fine. I got to get going. I’ll see you all later.” Danielle told her walking out the door.

“Where is everyone else.?” Angel questioned.

“The girls are all upstairs and the other guys are outside at or in the pool.” Jennifer said.

“How’s Jess?”  Angel sat on the couch along with Chris.

“Angel, how did you know what happened?” Chris asked.

“My mom said something happened to Jess and Joey told everything that happened. I can’t believe Jacob is doing that to her.”

“I know, its kills me to know I couldn’t….” Jen trailing off.

“Jen please stop blaming yourself for this. I told you earlier all we can do is support her and help her find a way to get out of it.” Chris spoke up.

“Sorry, I can’t help it. Hi guys.” Jen seeing the rest of the guys come in from outside.

“Angel missed you girl. How you been?” JC said going over to Angel and giving her a hug.

“Josh missed you too. I’m doing good. Justin, don’t you dare.” Angel replied seeing Justin coming towards her, wet from the pool. “Ahh, I told you not to do that, fuck.”

Justin shook his wet curly hair on Angel and Chris.

“Damnit, man, the hell, why was I a target?” Chris asked jumping up from the couch.

“Angel was the target, you just happened to be there.” Justin told him.

“I’ll get you for that, Justin. You will pay.” Angel getting up from the couch.

“Sure.”

“I wouldn’t put it past them both to get you back, J. You know damn well they are our resident prankers.” Christina said going down the stairs with Lindsey and Jessica, both helping Jess down.

“Jess, how are you feeling?” Angel asked walking over to her.

“I’m good, in a hell of a lot of pain. Don’t worry about me, hon, what about you, you’re the one having surgery next week.” Jessica answered, hugging Angel. “Damn, I forgot you’re a bit wet from Justin and his stupidity.”

“I know, I’m ok. I feel fine. I’m a bit worried about the surgery though. I just want everything to go well.”

“You will be fine. Everything will be fine.”

“I hope so.”

“Don’t worry so much, Angel, I know you going to kick ass on the day you get your surgery.” Justin chined in, as he towels dried his hair.

“You sure about that, Timberlake? Because from where I’m standing, you’re the one who need an ass kicking after what you did to Chris and I.”

“Bring it on, Fatone.”

“J, why are you trying to start a fight with a sick woman?” Lance asked.

“I’m not and she won’t be for very long.”

“Really? From where I stand, I say she still is.”

“Lance, don’t defend me, I can kick his ass anytime I want and there is nothing Sir Timberlake can do about it.” Angel points a figure at Justin.

“I’m defending you; Justin is all on his own with you.” Lance chuckled.

“A least I got one person on my side right now. And Joey why didn’t you stop Justin from shaking water on me.” Angel seeing Joey standing there.

“I told him not to but no he did it anyway.” Joey defended himself.

“Thank man, throw me under the bus.” Justin said acting like his feelings were hurt.

“Oh, come on, you know I love you, even if you do stupid shit towards me.” Angel gave Justin a hug.

“Ok, ok, enough of the love feast, come on Angel, let’s start those tour plans.” Chris said, taking Angel by the hand and going upstairs with her.

“Oh, dear god, those two are at it again, I feel, actually I pity you all with them.” Jen chiming in.

“I know, I’m not looking forward to Angel coming back on tour with us.” Joey replied, looking up at the room Chris took Angel into.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: joey chris