"So, what is it you want me to say exactly?" Char asked the producer, Jen, who was busy attaching her microphone pack.

"We're just gonna ask you some questions about what we're filming, and you can be as candid as you like." Jen explained. "Disclaimer: we'd like for you to be as candid as possible."

Char nodded. "I can do that." I have nothing to hide, she thought. So far, the film crew had been nothing but nice and accommodating to her. She liked Jen, a short and sassy Italian American with cherry red hair and a lip piercing, who looked to be in her early thirties. They'd had fun together, and she almost forgot she was working.

"Alright," Jen smiled at her. "You're all set."

After having her mic attached, Char sat down in the film chair in front of the green screen. A makeup artist and hairstylist approached her for quick touchups. Minutes later, the director took his seat behind the camera, and Jen sat next to him. "Quiet on set!" The director, Brett called. There were hushes and murmurs as the camera and production crew all got into place and quieted down. "And we are rolling in... three, two, one, action!"

Jen: So, Char, when we first began filming you were preparing to promote your new album. What does it feel like to finally be finished with the album and getting it out to the fans?

Char: I feel like... I'm purging in a sense? (Nervous laughter) I've spent two years perfecting this album, and every song is so personal to me, obviously because I wrote them, but also because each song tells of a personal experience. I've had so many ups and downs while creating this album, and I finally get to share it with my fans. It's like I can breathe a sigh of relief finally!

Jen: What about this album makes it so personal for you?

Char stopped, opening her mouth to speak, and then quickly closing it again. We'd like for you to be as candid as possible. Jen's words echoed in her mind. She was confident that she had nothing to hide, however she felt dumb for not better preparing for or expecting this type of question.

Char: Um... (Clears throat) I... I've been through a lot. So many growing pains, ya know? My last album came out right before I turned eighteen, and now I'm almost twenty-two. I'm growing and changing and learning every day. I've seen more of the world, and experienced so much that I feel my music is more mature, I have so much to say now and I hope that my fans have grown with me and can relate to that.

Good answer, Char. You're doing good!

Jen: Now, onto your love life.

Gee, what a segue!

Char: My love life?

Jen: Yes. You seem rather close with the *Nsync guys.

Char: I can honestly say they're my best friends. I've known JC and Justin since we were on the Mickey Mouse Club together, and I've known Chris since even before then. Joey used to hang out with us all the time on set, and I've been friends with Lance since he joined the group. I'm an only child, so they're the five annoying overprotective brothers I've never had!

Jen: Everyone wants to know if you're dating JC.

Char: (Nervous laughter, Char scratches the back of her neck and looks down before looking back at the camera.)

Josh is my best friend. We joined the MMC together at the same time and have been tight ever since. No, we're not dating. We're just really close, that's all.

Nervous bubbles began to form in the pit of Char's stomach. Now she knew why the tagline to MTV's ‘Diary' was, You think you know, but you have no idea.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Char's Narration:

Wanna see what I've been up to lately? Find out as I reveal my most intimate and private moments in my very own video diary. So, join me as I work a lot, play a little, but always have quality time with my favorite people. As I unleash my latest and most personal album, I invite you into my world. See my world, my way, because I've just begun to show you what I'm capable of. You think you know, but you have no idea. This is the diary of Charise Wilson.

February 02, 2000

"Oh my God, Chris! Take off my top, you're gonna stretch it out!" Char laughed hysterically as Chris came prancing out of the dressing room in her black and silver Gucci tube top.

"Don't hate!" Chris said, speaking with a lisp and snapping his fingers in a Z formation. "You're just mad because I can rock a crop top better than you!"

Char bowled over on the couch, howling. Her stomach began to cramp, as she wheezed for air. Justin, sitting beside her, threw his head back in laughter. Chris began to twirl in circles and walk around the warehouse as if he were Naomi Campbell on runway in Paris. Char laughed so hard that tears started to spill out of the corners of her eyes.

I got to spend an entire week with the guys of *Nsync. And as you can see, there's never a dull moment with them! (Char looks down with a smile on her face, before looking back up at the camera.) I love those boys; they mean so much to me. They're my boys! (Char giggles.) It's impossible to be unhappy or down whenever they're around. They're family ya know? I love having them around, which is why I'm so excited to be touring with them this summer. Having people around who truly know who you are as a person is so comforting.

"Uh-oh! Get it girl!" Joey called.

"Woop! Woop! Someone call the fire department, ‘cuz it just got hot!" Justin hissed.

"Oh my God, stop, y'all are messing me up!" Char laughed. She tried her best to focus on the poses, and to listen to the director, but the guys kept distracting her.

"You betta work, hunnay!" Chris snapped.

Music was blasting, cameras snapped at a million miles a minute, and a giant fan blew in front of Char, creating the illusion of window blowing through her hair. Usually, photoshoots could be exhausting and tedious, but having the guys with her seemed to make the time pass quickly. As Jay-Z's ‘Can I Get A' ended, ‘Butterfly' by CrazyTown blasted over the sound system, and Char began to dance along to it, as the photographer snapped pictures.

"Perfect! Love it!" The photographer, David LaChapelle called.

"Woo! Shake it, babe!" JC called, causing Char to visibly blush.

JC and I are just friends. Nothing more, so don't go getting any ideas! We just like to tease each other!

 

"Alright, success!" David clapped. "We've got what we needed. Let's all take a break, and then we'll get shots of Char with the guys." After Char walked away from the green screen, the crew immediately began to strike the set.

"Cut!" Brett, the MTV director called. As the photoshoot crew took down their equipment, Brett and the MTV producers stopped filming.

Char walked over to JC's chair, where a makeup artist applied a thick layer of foundation to his face. "Hey," Char said from behind. After spraying his face with a setting spray, the makeup artist moved onto Lance.

"Hey," JC said, peering at her through the mirror. "You look hot."

Butterflies swarmed in Char's stomach. Damn him for still having that effect on her. "You have to keep your flirting to minimum sir, or people or gonna think we're dating."

"God forbid the fans find out I have a girlfriend," JC replied sarcastically.

"Hey, your fans can get crazy. You see what happened to Britney, and she and Justin haven't even confirmed their relationship yet. I don't want any that fury coming my way."

"So... we just continue to pretend like we're just friends?" JC sighed, using air quotes.

"Yes, for a little while longer." Char replied, placing her hands on his shoulders and slightly massaging them. "At least until our albums are out. Let's not make waves now. Less drama, and less bullshit for Johnny and PR and the label to have to deal with."

"Fine." JC conceded. "But for what it's worth, this totally sucks." 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers interracial love mmcera jealous lyrics hotel boyfriendjc presync originalcharacter tourjc jc producerjc paparazzi moodyjc interracialjc