[Comments - 2]
Summary:

stories/1843/images/thumbnail_IMG_2931.jpg

 

 

Charise Wilson is a rising superstar, soon to become a household name. Depsite facing a daunting grueling two-year struggle with her former record label, her fortune changes when she is signed to Jive Records, reviving her career, and catapulting her back onto the charts and thrusting her back into the spotlight once again. With a spot on the upcoming No Strings Attached Tour, top ten hits and her relationship with JC Chasez, Charise's life appears to be perfect- until it's not. 

As she grows in status, the age-old adage of "all that glitters isn't gold" becomes painfully evident. Amidst the allure of success, Charise grapples with unexpected relationship challenges, family drama, and the pressures that come with being in the public eye, leaving both her professional and personal life in turmoil. In the midst of this choas, she reaches a crucial crucial crossroads that demands heart-wrenching decisions, forcing her to confront the true cost of her rising stardom. 


Rated: PG-13
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Drama
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No
Word count: 20521 Read: 879
Published: Jul 05, 2021 Updated: Aug 04, 2023
Send To: Printer or Microsoft Word

1. Prologue: Head Over Feet by Ashley Loves JC [Comments - 0] (3161 words)

2. Chapter 01: You Think You Know, but You Have No Idea by Ashley Loves JC [Comments - 0] (1402 words)

3. Chapter 02: A Crack in the Foundation by Ashley Loves JC [Comments - 0] (3350 words)

4. Chapter 03: Us Against the World by Ashley Loves JC [Comments - 0] (9453 words)

5. Chapter 04: Skin Deep by Ashley Loves JC [Comments - 2] (3155 words)

*Crawling out from the rock I've been hiding under* *waves*

First, let me I say that I am sooo happy that this site has been given a second life! And I am so beyond grateful for MissM and all the hard work that she puts into this site to give us *Nsync fans a place to be creative! Thank you so much MissM, you rock! 

 

I can't believe I'm back posting and updating this story. I've wanted to for a while now, but I've just been so lost. The first story I ever posted here, "My Best Friend" will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first Nsync fanfic I ever posted publicly, and I was just a kid who liekd to write with no knowledge of how the fanfic world even really worked. I just wrote whatever came to mind, no matter how wild and crazy it was, and I had fun doing this. Now, 12 years later, I'm a fully grown woman who has grown, changed, and evolved so much, and so has my writing. I'm sure anyone reading this can relate when it comes to being a writer, but I'm in a place where I'm taking my writing more seriously. Especially within the last 2 years, writing and working on a novel (I haven't told many people about that yet), and having a mentor, making writer friends, has grown and stretched me in so many ways! Which brings me to "Cry". 

 

I started this story 4 years ago. I wanted to write another full legnth, JC focused story, since I started writing "My Best Friend" as a teenager, and my writing then for lack of a better term was quite "cringy". Like I said, I had a BLAST writing ti, and may eventually get back to it, but it is not best work! So, starting "Cry" I really wanted to write something that was objectively good. I had grown so much as a writer from "My Best Friend" to the original iteration of "Cry" and at the time, I was really proud of my work. However, if you noticed, I took down the original version of "Cry" and revamped it. For several reasons. One being that I felt like I was forcing myself to write in a way that wasn't true to me, because I liked getting the reviews. It was a very hard decision to make, but ultimately in 2021, after connecting with a friend, and learning a lot from her writing journey, I decided to take down "Cry" and revamp it. I love this story sooo much, and I want it to be something that I can be proud of. Something that I'm not embarrased to put my name on. 

Even after revamping it, there has been so much that I've wrestled with when it came to my characters, and no one knows that more than Mack_Attack22. I've probably driven her crazy over the past 2 years going back and forth with how I've wanted to write JC and Char, and what I want their characters to be! Thanks so much for putting up with me, girl! 

Anyway, if you've read all that and made it this far, 1.) Wow, thank you! and 2.) I hope that didn't deter from reading this new chapter! 

To anyone reading/paying attention to this story at all, I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I appreciate you more than you'll ever know! This journey with "Cry" has been a little rocky for me, so please bear with me! Thank you so much, and I love you all! 

xoxox,

Ashley