Justin smiled as he remembered their first date. He had screwed up that night but for some reason she forgave him completely and even laughed at the fact that he had brought her McDonald’s. Most women he knew would probably take it as an insult but not Allie. She was different. She understood him like no one else had before which is probably why he couldn’t understand the reasoning as to why he had ended their relationship in the first place. There was a lot of tension shared between them near the end but he never stopped loving her. Why had he let his stubborn nature get the best of him? He then heard another knock at the door and he mumbled under his breath for the person behind the door to come in.

Trace opened the door and looked inside at Justin. “Hey, Ava just got here so you might want to start getting ready. We should head downstairs now.”

“Alright, I’ll be right there.” Trace nodded at him before he left the room. Justin sighed and stood up from the chair. He walked over to the mirror and fixed his tie staring back at his reflection. Shouldn’t he look excited and happy on such an important day as this one? He was getting married after all. Maybe it was just nerves. That had to be it. He loved Ava and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He was making the right decision. He calmed himself down and took a deep breath as he walked over to the window. He looked out and saw everyone setting up for the wedding. He smiled to himself as he saw his mother talking to Ava’s mother. It was at that moment that he knew everything would be fine. But just when he thought he got Allie out of his head, he saw a woman who seemed to resemble her. She was laughing as a guy wrapped his arms around her frame and placed a kiss on her neck. This seemed to trigger another memory and as much as he wanted to push it aside and go down there to marry Ava, he couldn’t help but relive the reverie that wouldn’t seem to fade away.

*****

Ever since their first date, Allie and Justin couldn’t get enough of each other. They spent any free second they had together. At first, it scared Allie because she had never been this dependent on a guy but when she was with Justin, she felt safe and happy. He treated her like no guy before him had and she loved him for that.

It was now about two months after their first date and every day it seemed to get better. Allie was at work trying to organize all of the papers that she had thrown across her desk. She was becoming extremely frustrated with the amount of work that she had but she just continued to remind herself that it was Friday and she would be able to leave soon. She smiled trying to decide on what her and Justin would do over the weekend. Maybe they could just stay in and watch movies. She felt like being lazy this weekend. She figured she would run the idea by him later.

Suddenly her phone started ringing and it caught her off guard. She quickly picked it up and placed it against her ear. “This is Allie.”

“Hi Allie, it’s Mary from the front desk. It seems as though you have a delivery down here, would you mind coming down here to pick it up?”

“Umm… I really can’t right now Mary. I have this huge pile of papers on my desk. I’ll come get it on my way out.”

“Well… we would prefer that you come down and pick it up now.”

“Oh. Well then do you think someone could bring it up here? Normally I would have no problem but I have a ton of things to do and want to get them done before the weekend.”

“Uhh… yeah, sure. That will be no problem. We’ll send someone up right now.”

“Thanks Mary.” Allie hung up the phone and raised her eyebrow in confusion. She thought Mary seemed to be acting funny but thought nothing of it and continued to go about her work.

A few minutes later while Allie found herself frantically looking for a file, her delivery had arrived. She noticed something out of the corner of her eye and turned around slowly to see Justin standing there with a small bouquet of flowers. Her eyes widened slightly before she bolted out of her chair and threw her arms around his neck.

“Nice to see you too.” He said with a soft laugh.

“What are you doing here?”

“I figured I’d do something nice and bring you some flowers.”

“They’re beautiful Justin but you didn’t have to do that.” She smiled up at him as she took them from his hand.

“Yeah, I know but I wanted to.”

“Well thank you. It was a nice thought.” She placed them on her desk and made a mental note to find a vase to put them in later. “So do you want to do dinner or something tonight? I was thinking that maybe we could rent some movies.” She shrugged her shoulders slightly and looked over at him.

“Actually… I had something else in mind.”

“Oh? What did you want to do?” She asked thinking that he just didn’t feel like watching any movies.

“I planned a small vacation for the two of us. I thought that we could use some time to get away since you’re stressed out from work and I need a break from rehearsals for the tour.”

“We’re going away?” Her eyes immediately lit up at thought of them running away on a romantic weekend. “When do we leave and where are we going?”

“Well we leave… now.” He laughed noticing the expression on her face. “And we’re going to Napa Valley.”

“Napa Valley? I’ve always wanted to go there. But Justin, I can’t leave now, I’m working and I haven’t packed yet.”

“You are packed actually.” Allie gave him a questioning look hoping that he didn’t pack for her. “I had your mom help me out and put a bag together of what she thought you might want to wear.” He smiled at her. “Can’t you get out of work a little bit early?”

“I don’t know Justin…” She looked around at all the work on her desk biting her lip softly. She really shouldn’t be leaving it this way. It would only make things worse for her when she came back on Monday. She let out a sigh before looking back at him. “Ok, I guess I can leave early but don’t go making this a habit! I can’t do this again.”

“I promise. Scout’s honor.” He held up his fingers giving her the sign and she laughed shaking her head at him.

“Uh huh, sure.” She shut down her computer and grabbed the things she thought she might need before leaving the building with Justin. They got into the car that was waiting for them and made their way to the airport. “When did you plan all this?” She asked curiously, amazed at everything he had done.

“Only about a week ago. I wanted to go somewhere before I left for the tour and decided that you should come too.”

“Well thanks for thinking of me. I never get to go on vacations anymore.” She shook her head and glanced out the window. She hadn’t really thought about him going on tour. She knew he was but it always seemed so far away and when they first started dating she didn’t really think it would go anywhere. But here they were now going away together. Were things moving too quickly? She didn’t think so. They had been together for two months and things seemed to be great. She was going to follow her own rules and not worry whether or not things were getting too heavy too fast.

A little while later they arrived at the airport and were immediately led inside by two of his bodyguards. People automatically knew it was Justin and would point and throw questioning glances her way. In the tabloids she was known as the “Mystery Woman”. He never talked about their relationship to the press. In his eyes what was their business should remain theirs. She grabbed his arm instinctively hating the fact that all eyes were on her. It was the worst part of their relationship. She hated the fact that they were always followed and that people were always watching them. They couldn’t even get through dinner without someone coming over to bother them. As much as she hated this, she never told Justin. Their relationship was still so new and she thought that by telling him how she felt things would go down hill. This was who he was and if she wasn’t willing to accept this was she denying that she wanted to be with him?

They finally arrived at his private jet and when Allie stepped onboard, she was in awe. She had always flown coach and envied those who sat in first class but this was way better than first class. Justin noticed her expression and started laughing.

“I take it you like it.”

“Uh… yeah.” She laughed. “This is great.” She sat down in one of the large leather seats and leaned back smiling contently. “I could get used to this.”

“Well when you’ve had it for so long, it starts to lose its appeal.” He took a seat next to her and put one of his bags down.

“That’s because you’re spoiled Mr. Superstar!” She smirked and gave him a wink.

“Hey, it’s not my fault that people want to jump me when I go on a regular plane. I can’t help that I’m good-looking baby.” He grinned and gave a nod.

“Oh please, you’re not that great. Now if we were talking about Ryan Gosling then it would be a different story.”

“What? Ryan Gosling? Are you serious? More girls liked me on the Mickey Mouse Club back then, what makes you think that’s changed now?”

“Have you seen The Notebook? That should answer your question right there. He was gorgeous and not to mention that every woman wants a guy to love her as much as he loved Allie.”

“Oh now I get it. You just like it because she has your name.”

“No, I like it because Ryan is hot and because he looks amazing in the sex scene.” She wiggled her eyebrows. “And maybe because I like to pretend he’s talking to me when he says Allie.” She laughed softly as the plane began to move.

“See, I knew it.” He shook his head. “And by the way, no guy is really like that. He was way too corny and sentimental. He was almost like a girl.” He laughed licking over his lips.

“I refuse to believe that. I think every guy has the potential to act like him. Is it so wrong to be in love?”
“No.” He looked into her eyes and smiled slightly. She felt herself blush and quickly turned her attention out the window as the plane began to move quickly down the runway. Taking off was her favorite part of going on a plane. She knew many people had a fear of flying but not her, she found it exciting. She smiled widely as the plane picked up speed and began it’s ascent into the sky. Justin noticed her excitement and began to laugh.

“Have you ever flew before?”

“Yeah, but it never gets old.”

“It’s just a plane. It goes into the air and takes you to your destination. Not that exciting.” He gave her a look as if she was crazy and she hit his arm playfully.

“Leave me alone. I’ll enjoy it if I want to.” She stuck her tongue out at him and continued to look out the window. After a while she settled into her seat and enjoyed the remainder of the flight even though it wasn’t long at all. When they had finally landed they got their things together and left the plane only to be met by a car that would take them to the place that they were staying at. Allie was anxious the whole car ride wondering where they were going. She loved staying at new places; it was always the highlight of her vacations.

After a short drive, they pulled up to a beautiful resort that was surrounded by lavish cottages. Allie’s eyes widened at the sight and she immediately turned to Justin. “Are we staying here?”

“Yeah, why? You don’t like it?” He laughed joking around.

“This is amazing. You really know how to spoil a girl.”

“Better than Noah in The Notebook?”

“I’m not sure I’d go that far.” She smirked as the car pulled up in front of the resort. They got of the car and walked inside the resort to the front desk where they checked in. He grabbed the keys for them and the woman behind the desk said that someone would help them to their cottage with their bags. They thanked her and set out to find their cottage. After walking along a short path, they came to a decent sized cottage that sat along a pond. Allie smiled at the sight and glanced over at Justin who was looking at her. “You really outdid yourself.”

“Let’s just say I’m making up for our first date.”

“You did that a long time ago but thank you anyways.” She took one of the keys from his hand as they walked up to the door. She unlocked it and pushed it open, trying to get a look of the inside. It was relatively dark inside but she could see a light coming from one of the rooms. She walked inside toward the light and was completely awed at what she saw. In the living room, the fireplace was lit and on the floor in front of the fireplace sat a blanket and a tray filled with various deserts accompanied by a bottle of wine. Allie looked at the display in front of her and didn’t know what to think. She had really lucked out when she met Justin. He was like no guy she had ever met. She felt his arms wrap around her waist as he rest his chin on her shoulder.

“I wanted to make it perfect.” He placed a kiss on her neck gently.

“Justin, this is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.” She turned into his embrace and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Maybe you have a little more Noah Calhoun in you than you thought.” She smiled up at him before leaning in to place a kiss against his lips. She pulled away as a man brought their bags in and Justin thanked him by giving him a generous tip. After he had left, Justin and Allie sat down on the blanket sharing a glass of wine and trying every dessert that was on the tray. When they finished their wine and the desserts, they pushed the tray to the side and lay by the fire together wrapped in each other’s arms.

“I think I could get used to this.” He murmured against her lips before he kissed her softly.

“Mhmm… I was just thinking the same thing.” She kissed him back deeply loving the feeling of them being so close. They were always very affectionate with one another but they had never been intimate. Allie had been sure from day one that Justin would have tried to sleep with her but he never did. At first she thought that maybe he just wasn’t that interested but the more they spent time together the more she realized this wasn’t the case. They both felt a desire for each other but for some reason they never acted on it. The time had to be right.

Justin pulled her body closer to his as he kissed her hungrily. His lips trailed its way from her mouth over to her neck placing soft kisses along her skin. Allie shivered beneath his touch as his mouth pressed against her skin. He kissed along her collarbone and right above the edge of her shirt. She bit her lip gently unsure of his next move. She wanted more than ever to feel his bare body against hers but at the same time, she was nervous and scared. What if he had been waiting for this only to be disappointed? Would it ruin the rest of their weekend?

He slid his hand underneath her shirt and ran it up the side of her body. He looked up at her with so much passion and desire in his eyes that she quickly abandoned all hesitation and doubt. They both wanted this equally. He slowly began to pull her shirt up her body and she lifted her body so that he would be able to take it off her. He threw the shirt to the side as he continued his trail of kisses down her body. Her hands soon found the edge of his shirt as she began to lift it over his head wanting to feel their skin pressed together. She threw his shirt over by hers before she pulled him down on top of her reclaiming his lips for her own.

They followed each other’s motions as he unclasped her bra and she undid her pants. They were in no rush just intent on exploring each other’s bodies. Once their clothes had been discarded and their bodies were pressed together, they just stared at one another for a moment taking everything in. Their bodies were then joined as one as they began to make love in front of the fire.

*****


The next morning Allie rolled over onto her side just to find her self up against Justin’s body. She wrapped the blanket around her and smiled at his sleeping figure. Last night had been nothing but perfect and it only seemed to confirm her feelings for him even more. She listened to him breathe softly for a few moments before she leaned up to place a kiss against his lips. His face furrowed slightly and he rubbed his eyes before letting out a yawn. He slowly let his eyes open as they met hers. A smile formed at the corners of his mouth and he draped his arm around her so that he could rub her back.

“Hey baby.” He said in a groggy voice as he kissed the top of her head.

“Good morning.” She ran her hand over his chest lightly loving the feeling of her waking up to him.

“What time is it?” He glanced around the room for the nearest clock.

“Umm… eleven.”

“What? It’s already eleven? Damn, we need to get up.”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing we just have a winery tour at twelve. I don’t want us to be late.”

“Really? That sounds like fun. I should probably get in the shower then.” She started to sit up pulling the blanket around her naked body.

“I need to take one too so I’m getting in with you.”

“If you just want to shower with me just say so, no need to make excuses.” She grinned at him.

“Ok, I want to shower with you.” He laughed sitting up.

“Alright… but I’m taking the blanket.” She jumped up and pulled the blanket tightly around her as she ran to the bathroom leaving him naked. She laughed as she found the door to the bathroom and ran inside to turn on the shower.

“You are dead.” He laughed getting up and following close behind her. When he reached the bathroom, the shower was already on and she was inside. He quickly got in and let the water beat against his body as he took Allie into his arms. They washed each other’s bodies and were very loving toward one another as the water fell over them. If they could have, they probably would have stayed in the shower all day but they had things to do. When they were done showering, they got out and got ready for the day ahead of them. In Allie’s eyes, the weekend couldn’t get any better than it already was.

*****

After getting a tour of the winery, Justin and Allie decided to walk through the grape trees. They walked hand in hand enjoying each other’s company. “This place is gorgeous.” Allie said as she looked up at all the trees around them.

“Yeah it is. I wouldn’t mind spending the rest of my life here.”

“You just want to spend it wrapped up in bed.” She laughed glancing at him.

“Mhmm… yes I do. Wrapped up in bed with you.” He pulled her to him and she laughed a little louder as he kissed her neck. He stopped after a moment and looked down at her. “I’m glad we did this.” He said seriously.

“I am too.” She stopped laughing and looked back into his eyes.

“You know for a moment there I was worried about going on tour.”

“You were? Why?”

“I didn’t want to leave when we had just started all of this. It’s difficult getting into a relationship when you have to leave so soon. I was afraid that we wouldn’t be able to make it.”

“We’ll be fine.” She nodded reassuringly. “It won’t be so bad.” She wondered if she was saying this for him or for herself.

“I know it won’t, at least I do now. Everything will work out.” He smiled before giving her a gentle kiss.

*****


Justin shook his head as the memory faded away. At the time, he didn’t know that when he went on tour their relationship would start to break at the seams. Not enough that it’s what ended it but if he had to pick a starting point, it was after he left. He stepped away from the window and walked over to the door taking a deep breath. He saw images of Allie laughing under the trees, in the shower, and making love to him flash before his eyes. He rubbed them softly and groaned trying to push her out of his head. He sighed before opening the door just to come face to face with Trace. “Let’s do this.” He said before pushing passed his best friend and making his way downstairs.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles