“Yeah so I walk into my hotel room and throw my shit on the bed deciding to take a shower. I start to take off my clothes when I hear a noise. I look around and hear another noise so I walk over to the closet and when I opened it a girl was standing there with her mouth hanging open just staring at me.” Justin shook his head laughing softly.

“What? Are you kidding? How the hell did she get into your hotel room?” She stared at him in disbelief before laughing along with him.

“I have no clue. You wouldn’t believe how many girls get into my room though.” He shrugged giving her a smile.

“Damn, you have some pretty insane fans. They all want to see you naked.” She tapped the top of her cup lightly as she continued to laugh.

“Yeah you got that right.” After Justin had bought Allie a cup of coffee, they had talked for a little over an hour. She told him about herself and he told her about his life as a celebrity. They didn’t seem to have too much in common but they were very comfortable with one another.

Allie pushed her cup to the side making a mental note to throw it away when she left. It was at this point that her eyes came in contact with her phone. She looked at the time and it didn’t register at first but she was going to be late for her interview. She did a double take finally realizing what time it was and swore under her breath. She pushed her seat away from the table and tried to gather her things together as quickly as possible. “I have to go.”

“Is everything ok?”

“I’m going to be late for a very important interview. I can’t believe I lost track of time.” She shook her head as she frantically put on her jacket.

“Is there anything I can do?” He stood up helplessly not knowing what to say. He was the reason that she was going to be late.

“No it’s fine, I just need to go.” She grabbed her bags and made her way to the door. “Thanks for the coffee.” She called over her shoulder.

“Yeah, maybe I’ll see you around.”

“Yeah… maybe.” She swung the door open and rushed to her car. She knew it was very unlikely that she would see Justin again. It was just a coincidence that they had bumped into each other twice. She threw her things into the passenger side before getting in herself. She flew out of the parking lot and made her way to the place where her interview was being held.

She couldn’t believe that she had let herself get so distracted. It was important that she went through her resume and prepared herself for what she would say when it was time for the interview. Now she didn’t feel ready and all for some guy. A guy that she would never see again. She shook her head and let out a sigh promising herself that something like that wouldn’t happen again. Guys were a second priority to her.

She finally arrived at her interview and rushed inside trying to stay calm but not succeeding very well. She checked in with a woman at the front desk and sat down waiting for the person who would be giving the interview. Luckily for her she was only ten minutes late. A few moments later she heard her name being called.

“Allie? We’re ready for you.” Allie took a deep breath and stood up hoping that everything would go all right.

***********


“I know! I can’t believe it!” Allie paced outside of the building where her interview was held, talking to her mom on the phone. “I really thought there wasn’t a chance they would hire me.” She smiled widely ecstatic at the way her interview went. She had been offered the job on the spot and there was no way she was going to decline. “Yeah, I think I’m gonna go out and celebrate tonight.” She nodded to herself. “I’m gonna call Josh and see what he’s up to.” She licked over her lips. “Uh huh. I’ll see you soon. Bye.”

She hung up with her mom as she walked toward the parking lot. She was in complete disbelief. She had no idea why they had given her the job but she was happy nonetheless. She quickly began to dial Josh, her best friend. She knew he’d go out with her tonight. She waited as it rang into her ear hoping that he would answer. Just as she was about to hang up she heard a voice on the other end of the phone. “Josh?”

“Hey, what’s up?”

“I got the job!” She knew he’d be happy for her. The two of them had grown up together and were practically inseparable. They did everything together and told each other everything.

“Really? That’s great Allie! I knew you’d get it though.”

“Thanks Josh. But you know what this means, right? We need to go out and celebrate.”

“You know I’m there. How does dinner sound? We could even hit up a club later.”

“Music to my ears.” She laughed into the phone softly. She had always been a sucker for dancing. When any of her friends mentioned going to a club she was the first person to say she was going.

“I thought you might like that.” He laughed with her. “So how about I pick you up around seven?”

“Sounds perfect.”

“Alright, I’ll see you then.”

“Ok, bye.” She hung up her phone as she leaned against her car. She smiled to herself and let out a sigh of relief. She couldn’t believe everything was going her way.

***********

“Oh come on it’s not a big deal.” Allie shook her head before downing the shot of vodka that she had in her hand.

“You talked to the guy for over an hour. He could have just apologized and then left but instead he sat down with you. That’s a big deal.” Josh nodded at her before taking a shot himself. After going out to dinner they decided to stop by one of the more popular clubs in LA. They had been inside for a while just dancing and having some drinks when Allie decided it was about time to leave.

“I think we should stop talking about him. We had some coffee and talked. It was interesting but it’s over.” She put her shot glass on the bar as she looked down at her watch. “We should probably get going.”

“Ok, fine. Let’s go.”

They made their way through the crowded club trying to find the way they had come in. Allie looked back to make sure Josh was behind her but in the process she ended up walking into someone else. She turned her head to apologize when her eyes met a familiar set of piercing blue eyes.

“We need to stop meeting like this. Lucky for me you weren’t holding a drink this time.” Justin looked down at her with a wide smile.

“Hey…” She didn’t really know what to say to him. “Sorry for bumping into you again.” She tried to speak over the volume of the club.

“Nah, it’s fine. I’m just messin’ around with you.” He looked over the crowd of people before looking back down at her. “You should come over to the VIP section with me, I’ll buy you a drink.”

“Thanks but I should get going. I’m here with my friend and we were just on our way out.” She shrugged her shoulders as she motioned over to Josh. She didn’t think it was a good idea if she stayed at the club with him. She found him extremely attractive but she just assumed he was trying to be nice. She was always very hesitant when it came to men. Now more than ever did she want to keep her distance since he was famous and in a matter of minutes he would have his eye on some other girl offering to buy her a drink as well.

“Oh come on. It’s still early and you can just stay for one drink.”

“I don’t think so. Thanks but…”

“I think we could stay a little bit longer. I could use another drink.” Josh spoke up from behind her. He knew that she would regret it later if she didn’t stick around. He could tell that she became uneasy when she was around him, almost nervous as if she didn’t want to make a fool of herself. He knew her like no one else did and in his eyes he was doing her a favor.

“See, the man could use another drink. Let’s go then.” He smirked down at her before moving through the crowd to the back of the club. Allie turned around to face Josh as her eyes narrowed at him. She wanted to kill him.

“Why did you do that?” She said to Josh as they followed Justin.

“I know you want to stay.”

“No I don’t. I was ready to go and he’s probably going to go off with a bunch of girls. He’ll forget about us in a few minutes.”

“Well if he does, who cares? We can just leave. Unless of course it bothers you that he’ll be dancing with other girls.” He grinned slightly.

“Why would it bother me? It’s not like I have a thing for this guy. I don’t even know him!”

“Good, then we should have a good time.” He knew that Allie didn’t have anything else to say to that. He hit a nerve.

They made their way passed the roped off area and caught some envious glances thrown their way. Allie took a seat crossing her arms over her chest suddenly feeling very self-conscious. She didn’t know why, normally she was very outgoing and flirtatious not giving a damn what others thought of her.

“Alright, so what do you guys want to drink?” Justin pointed to her and Josh.

“Umm… I’ll have a rum and coke.” Josh nodded over to him.

“I’ll take a few shots of vodka.” She wasn’t kidding either. She had already had some earlier in the night but she needed to loosen up and she needed to loosen up now. She didn’t want to feel so uptight.

“A girl after my own heart.” Justin laughed before leaving to order the drinks.

Allie looked around the VIP area noticing the group of people that he had with him. There were mostly guys but he did have a few girls wandering around. She noticed his friend Trace right away, remembering him from the days when she liked *NSYNC. He was talking to a girl who he kissed every now and again. She assumed it was his girlfriend. Her eyes then focused on the bodyguards he had with him. They glanced over at her every once in a while as if they didn’t trust her. They were making sure she didn’t do anything funny.

A few moments later Justin returned with the drinks. He placed them on the table before taking a sip of his own drink. “I think that’s everything.”

“Thanks.” Allie took one of the shot glasses downing it quickly before placing it back on the table.

“No problem.” Justin looked over at Josh. “I don’t think I caught your name earlier. I’m Justin.” He stuck out his hand shaking Josh’s hand.

“Oh hey, I’m Josh.”

“Nice to meet you man.”

“Yeah you too.”

Justin looked around the club moving his head to the beat of the music. “So do you guys come here a lot?”

“Yeah pretty often. Allie is the one that’s always dragging me here. The girl’s always in the mood to dance.” He laughed taking a sip of his drink. Allie had just finished another shot as she caught Josh’s eye.

“Oh yeah? You like to dance?” Justin almost sounded intrigued at the idea of her dancing.

“Yeah… I’m not good or anything though.” She shrugged.

“What? You’re full of shit.” Josh shook his head at her before looking at Justin. “She’s a great dancer, don’t let her fool you.”

“Really now? Maybe you should show me.” Justin raised an eyebrow at her.

“What?” She looked over at him with a puzzled look.

“Dance with me.” He laughed at the blank look on her face. “I don’t think it’s that difficult of a concept to grasp.”

“No, no, no.” She shook her head finishing another shot. “I’m really not good and compared to you I’ll look like a fool.” She laughed softly.

“I doubt that.” He put his hand out to her waiting for her to take it. “Come on, just dance with me. One song.” She felt as though his eyes burned right through her skin. It was almost like she couldn’t say no to him.

“Go Allie.” Josh nudged her. “You two behave yourselves.” He laughed.

“I make no promises.” Justin winked before grabbing her hand, pulling her up off her seat. He took her over to the dance floor as Allie looked back at Josh with a ‘please help me now’ look plastered on her face. Josh just shook his head at her knowing that she would enjoy herself. The music would relax her.

They walked out onto the floor as people looked at the two of them wondering who she was to be dancing with Justin Timberlake. He started to move his body to the beat of the song as they found a spot on the floor. She looked at him not knowing what to do. She was usually the first one to start dancing and at the moment she couldn’t seem to get her body to function.

“I thought you danced?” He yelled over the noise.

“I do…”

“Could have fooled me.” He noticed that she seemed a little uneasy and he wasn’t sure why. Earlier in the day she was perfectly calm and carefree showing her true personality. He found it very attractive that she didn’t seem to care he was a celebrity and how she was kind of a smart ass. Now she was a completely different person. She just needed to relax. The song started to blend into another song as a slow pulsating beat shot through the speakers. Justin moved closer to her as his arms found their way to her hips. If she wasn’t going to move herself, he would do it for her.

She bit her lip lightly as his arms wrapped around her thin frame. He began to move her hips with the motion of his and for a few moments she was resistant to his attempts. She finally started to relax beneath his touch as her body loosened up so that she could move with him. She draped an arm over his shoulder as she moved closer into him feeling the music run through her body. She was starting to come out of her shell and Justin liked it.

Their bodies were pressed together as the music continued to play around them. They danced together for quite some time and it was like no one else existed around them. When she was dancing she tended to get lost in the music and now she wasn’t only caught up with the music but also caught up with him. He was probably the best dancer that she had seen and she had seen a lot. It made him seem incredibly sexy to her and the more she tried to fight the fact that she wasn’t starting to warm up to him the harder it was to deny and she hated herself for that.

After a few more songs played, they finally decided to take a break and get some air. He led her outside of the club feeling the cool air hit their skin. Allie ran her hands through her hair as she let out a sigh thankful to be outside.

“So I guess you aren’t such a horrible dancer.” Justin shrugged clearly joking around. She hit his arm playfully.

“Oh shut up. I didn’t hear you complaining when we were out there.” She raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t complain when I have good-looking girls dancing with me.”

“Well I can’t believe I lowered my standards for the night and danced with an average guy such as yourself. Us good-looking girls can’t just dance with anyone.” She smirked.

“Average guy huh?” He laughed. “I’ll remember that for next time.”

“Next time? Who said there was going to be a next time?” She crossed her arms over her chest amused by his statement.

“I did.”

“Oh really? And what if I say no?”

“You won’t. I don’t take no for an answer.”

“You are one cocky bastard.” She laughed under her breath.

“Cocky and proud.” He smiled.

“I can see that.”

“So what are you doing tomorrow night?” He asked her seriously this time.

“Hmm… washing my hair.” She fluttered her eyes at him before laughing.

He shook his head at her. “Do you always make it this hard for a guy who wants to take you out?” He laughed smiling at her.

“Actually, I make it harder. You must be special.” She winked at him.

“Oh well don’t I feel good.”

“You should.”

“So do you think you could wash your hair some other time?”

“I guess I could move it up a few hours.”

“Does this mean you’ll let me take you out then?”

“Sure but only on one condition.”

“And what is that?”

“You need to get permission from Josh.” She smiled widely and he raised an eyebrow.

“I think that could be arranged.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles