“Yes mom, I hear you.” Allie nodded her head as she touched up her makeup in the car. “Well I’m going to be late if you don’t let me get off the phone now.” She rolled her eyes at her mother’s words before stepping out of the car. She walked over to the entrance of Starbucks and opened the door letting herself in. She had to have her coffee before she could fully function. “Alright, I’ll call you after the appointment. Love you. Bye.” She cut her mother off so that she wouldn’t be able to get another word in. She let out a sigh as she made her way to the counter.

“Hi, what can I get for you?” The person behind the counter asked her.

“Could I get a grande iced mocha marble macchiato?” She smiled sweetly before taking out her money to pay for the drink. She was sort of in a rush this morning. She hadn’t woken up on time and she had to meet her realtor in about ten minutes to finalize the details of her new apartment. She liked the sound of that. Her own very new apartment.

She paid for the drink and tried to wait patiently as they made it for her. When they had finally brought her drink over she thanked them and tried to make a quick exit, which didn’t work to her favor. She spun around only to encounter another body, spilling her drink all over the front of the man’s shirt. Her eyes widened at the sight of the coffee dripping down his clean white shirt and she heard him swear underneath his breath. She looked up to the man’s face only to realize who it was. Justin Timberlake. ‘Great,’ she thought, ‘I had to spill it on him of all people.’

“Listen, I’m really sorry about this. I had no idea you were so close behind me.” She reached for some napkins before trying to pat his shirt dry.

“Yeah, sure you didn’t.” He took the napkins out of her hands and threw them on the counter. “It’s not like those will help.” He raised his eyebrows at her before stepping around her to order his drink. She didn’t know what else to do, she felt horrible for doing that but it wasn’t like she had done it on purpose. And did he have to act like such an ass about it?

“I guess what they say is true…” She whispered under her breath before walking towards the door, empty cup in hand.

Justin turned his head around at the sound of her voice. “Oh, and what is that?” He knew this was directed toward him.

She threw her cup away before looking over at him. “That you’re an arrogant asshole.” She gave him a sweet playful smile before pushing the door open.


***********


Later that day, Allie walked out of her appointment with a new sense of satisfaction. She had just signed the papers to her very own apartment. Finally, it was time to start her brand new life on her own. Only about three ago Allie had graduated from Boston University receiving her B.A. in English. She always wanted to be an editor for a big publishing company and she was ready to live her dream.
She moved back to Los Angeles, her hometown, to build the foundation of her new life. She was constantly sending out resumes to different publishers in the hopes of someone hiring her. It was beginning to look optimistic for her so she decided it was about time for her to move out of mom and dad’s house and get a place of her own.

She drove back to the house that she had lived in since she was born, and admired the exterior before going inside to greet her mother. She threw her keys on the counter and began to recount the details of the apartment to her mother.

“I’m excited to see this new place of yours.”

“Yeah, I think you’re gonna love it. It’s exactly what I wanted. It’s not too big but it’s not too small either. Just the right size.” Allie nodded as she raided the refrigerator taking out an apple. She bit into it before turning back around to face her mother. “Oh and you’ll never guess who I ran into today… literally.”

“Who?” Her mother gave a puzzling look.

“Justin Timberlake.” She smirked before taking another bite of the apple in her hand. When Allie was about fourteen, she fell in love with *NSYNC, especially Justin Timberlake. He was only three years older than she was and she was sure they were going to get married some day. She quickly grew out of that stage when she got her first boyfriend at the age of sixteen.

“Did you tell him how much you loved him?” Her mother joked around with her.

“Actually no. I spilt my drink over his shirt and called him an asshole for not accepting my apology. I always heard he was rude to his fans.” She shook her head before finishing the apple.

“Well I guess he deserved it then.”

“Oh he did. Trust me.”


***********

The next morning Allie awoke bright and early certain to begin her day on the right foot. After running late yesterday she felt as though she owed it to herself to get up at a good solid time. She sat at a small table in the same Starbucks that she had found herself at yesterday. It was about eight in the morning and she was thumbing through her resumes trying to piece them together. She received a couple follow up interviews and she wanted to make sure she was extra prepared.

She didn’t however, notice when he walked through the doors. He had just got back from the gym, a routine that he had picked up once his tour had ended. He wanted to stay in shape so that when it was time for him to go back on tour he was ready. He ordered his drink and glanced around the shop noticing that it was bare, just the way he liked it so that no one would bother him. He saw her sitting at the table but didn’t recognize her from yesterday until she lifted her head to look out the window. He looked away at first not wanting to her to see him. He had been in a pissed off mood yesterday and she had just been the person that he saw first.

He paid for his drink and started to make his way to the door before he stopped, looking back at her. He sighed and walked over to the table she was at, sitting in the chair across from her. “The asshole has returned.” He smiled slightly.

She lifted her head as she sensed someone across from her. Her eyes met his and it took her a moment to comprehend the fact that he was sitting with her.

“Not talking to me. Guess I deserve that. I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. You just caught me at a bad time.” He licked over his lips as he searched her face for any sort of emotion.

She finally managed to find her voice. “You didn’t come here just to apologize to me, did you?” Of course he hadn’t. She didn’t know why she just asked him that.

“Umm… no.” He laughed softly, shaking his head. “I just happened to see you and figured that I’d apologize. I’m really not an ass all the time, I promise you that.”

Her cheeks blushed at his reaction to her question. “I accept your apology. No big deal, really.” She managed a smile before looking back at her resumes.

“This is usually the part when the girl starts to tell me how great I am.” He noticed the red tint in her face and knew she was warming up to him.

“Well maybe I’m not like most girls. I’m not the type to throw myself at your feet Mr. Timberlake.” She grinned up at him as her nerves began to calm down, feeling relaxed in his presence.

“I guess I’m gonna have to try a little harder then huh?” He stuck out his hand toward her as a smile formed across his face. “Hey I’m Justin. Now let me buy you a cup of coffee.”

She eyed him for a minute before shaking his hand. “I’m pretty sure I already know who you are.” She laughed softly, shining her white teeth at him.

“Yeah, but I don’t know you and I think we should start over.”

“Alright, fair enough. I’m Allie.”

“Nice to meet you Allie. Now what will that drink be?”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles