Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Justin paced the room nervously. He couldn’t understand why he was feeling so much anxiety all of a sudden. This is what he wanted to do. It felt right to him but at the same time, he didn’t know why her image continued to flash through his mind. He sat down on the edge of the chair as he ran his hands over his head trying to think of anything else. There was suddenly a knock at the door and he lifted his head at the sound. “Yeah?”

The door opened slightly as Trace stuck his head in. “It looks like it’s gonna be a while. Ava is running late and I guess there’s a lot of traffic.” He shrugged slightly offering his friend a lopsided smile.

“Great.” Justin muttered under his breath as he let out a sigh. Trace left the room and shut the door realizing that his friend wanted to be alone. He just wanted to get this over with. He hated waiting around because his mind always found a way back to her. He took a deep breath deciding to concentrate on the present. He thought about Ava and the time they had spent together. He honestly loved her. She was like him in many ways, which is why they probably got along so well. They never seemed to fight and he never had to make any guesses when it came to her. Their relationship was safe and comfortable.

He let the memories they shared together come rushing back to him. There was the time they went to Universal Studios and she screamed her head off on any rollercoaster they went on. He remembered laughing at her even though she didn’t think it was so funny. He thought about the first time he met her parents and how nervous he had been. For some reason he was afraid they wouldn’t like him and it turned out he was like the son they never had.

He could see the scene of them first meeting running through his head. They were lost in conversation at a party. She wasn’t someone he would probably look twice at but she knew how to keep a conversation going. He could vividly see the outlines of her smile as she laughed at one of his jokes but this is when his memory started to change focus. While talking to Ava, he saw someone out of the corner of his eye. The girl who he let get away. The girl with the dismayed expression on her face. He saw her as if she had just walked through his door right this very minute. The images of her face encompassing his mind. He couldn’t stop thinking of her no matter how hard he tried so he just gave up. He let the memories of her take over him. He didn’t know what else to do. She was all he could ever think about. Before he knew it, his reminiscences took him back to the beginning.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles