Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry this one took longer than I planned to get out...and it might be a little rushed, but it is longggg. Enjoy! FYI: May 7th was the 7yr anniversary of when I saw JC in concert. ;) How time flies..

 

Monday morning rolled around once again, forcing me to begin the work week. Though I had enjoyed my weekend, seeing as I had just become Matthew Morrison’s girlfriend. We ended up meeting yesterday for breakfast at a cozy, little café and then took a stroll, basking in the wonderful weather. It had been a nice time and had felt like a ‘coming out’ celebration to me. It was official now and we didn’t have to play stupid games or hold off on our feelings. I was beginning to feel even more sure of everything and happy I had someone in my life again. It was nice to know that I could call Matt up when I needed him or just wanted to talk and that we could see one another when our schedules allowed.

So when I settled at my desk, I couldn’t help, but to smile, knowing my life had recently gotten better. Plus, I had a feeling that I’d be hearing from Matt. He just came off as one of those sweet guys that called his girlfriend every or every other day to just check in with her or make plans.

“Everly! I heard the news, honey. Congratulations!” Nathaniel came into my office, catching me off guard with his loud, excited voice. I quickly looked up from a memo that I had just began to read and my eyes widened at him.

“News?” I asked and then it dawned on me. “You mean Matthew and I?”

He nodded his head. “Yes! Aimee texted me that you two are totally girlfriend and boyfriend now. She also divulged his type of condoms too.”

I sighed and started shaking my head. It was nice to know that my sister and my friend were both excited about my love life and cared about me, but they were unbelievable. It was like having my own two-person gossiping fan club.

“Oh my sister…I should’ve known she’d tell you.” Nathaniel laughed.

“But you love us both. Admit it.” I just nodded my head.

“I’m really happy for you, seriously. Plus it doesn’t hurt that when you do sleep with him, you’ll get some ‘extra’ pleasure.” Nathaniel continued on with a smirk.

“I’m not planning to sleep with him anytime soon. You know I don’t just hop into bed like that.” I assured him. “…And I’d appreciate it if you keep the condom information to yourself.”

“You mean I can’t sell this tiny tidbit of information to People?” I chuckled, unable to help myself.

“Sorry, Nathaniel. Lips sealed, please.” He nodded his head and then moved his thumb and index finger along his lips, as if he were sealing them shut.

“Thank you.” I smiled and watched as Nathaniel still stood in my office.

“You know…..you might want to reconsider that whole not hopping into bed thing. I googled Matthew before I came in here and there were some real steamy pictures of him that popped up. His body is on fire and his abs make me wish I could run my own fingers down them.”

I wasn’t sure whether to be creeped out that Nathaniel was checking out my boyfriend or pleased that he approved of Matt’s physique. I actually had yet to see what was under Matt’s clothing, but hearing Nathaniel’s words made me curious and I knew if Nathaniel thought his body was on fire…it really had to be blazing.

“I’ll just keep that in mind. Thanks, Nathaniel.” I tossed him a wink then and he smiled, before merrily going on his way.


When the afternoon rolled around, I had managed to style three clients and leave all of them happy. It was rewarding to see all of their smiles and hear their words of satisfaction. Plus, I had to admit, I made everyone look great. It was just in my blood.

So, when I was able to eat some lunch at my desk, I felt it had been earned and it gave me a moment to relax. I opened my bottle of juice and unwrapped my sandwich from some plastic, before partaking in my mini feast. My phone rang after I had consumed half of my sandwich and I quickly answered it, after clearing my throat.

“This is Everly.” I smiled into the phone.

“Hi, sweetheart. It’s Matt.” His voice was warm and he sounded happy.

“Hi, handsome. What’s up?” He started to chuckled softly, as if he had something up his sleeve.

“I was just thinking about how you told me that you could cook. Well, now that I’m your boyfriend, I think I’d like to see these skills in action and taste whatever you’re willing to make. So…how about you come over tonight and make me dinner?” I couldn’t help, but to laugh and tease him.

“Oh so you called me because you need me to make you dinner, not because of anything else?”

“No! No it’s not like that. Of course, I wanted to hear your sweet voice and I do want to see you. It’s just, I thought I might be able to get you to cook for me.”

“It’s fine, Matt. Really it is. I’m just messing with you. I’d love to cook you dinner and come over to your place.” I could just imagine his smile then, as he got the answer he wanted.

“Good. I really can’t wait to see you and have dinner. Thanks for agreeing to it.”

“No problem. I’m looking forward to it too.” I realized I needed to come up with the food I was going to prepare. “Anything you really want me to make? I could stop at the grocery store on my way home from work.”

“I don’t know. Just surprise me. I’m sure I’ll enjoy whatever you make, Everly.”

I smiled at the confidence he had in my cooking, without even trying it yet. “Okay, then you’ll just be surprised. What time should I come over?”

“How about…7 o’clock? I know it’s a little late, but I’m at a tour rehearsal right now and don’t want to give you a time that’s too early.”

“Don’t worry about it. That’ll give me enough time to grocery shop and get ready, once I finish work.”

“Well great…then it’s settled. I’ll see you at 7 o’clock.” I grinned, happy to have another plan with my boyfriend.

“I’ll see you then.”


After my phone call with Matthew, I was feeling even better and glad I could share dinner with him. I was confident that he’d enjoy my food and that he’d probably want me to make him dinner again in the future. Which if everything kept on track the way it was, I could see us sharing those future dinners.

I quickly finished the remainder of my lunch and then got back to work, pulling some great outfits for more of my clients. The more I worked my fashion magic, the faster time seemed to tick and the closer I was to seeing Matt. I felt a little giddy just at the thought and was even more excited when I completed my last task for the day.

I made sure that I had everything cleaned up for the day and that my desk was in order, before I grabbed my things and made my way out of my office. I spotted Nathaniel talking to Lucy at the front desk and he happened to glance at me as I walked by.

“Have a goodnight, Everly.” I caught the smile on his face and smiled in return.

“Oh I will…I’m cooking dinner for Matt tonight.”

“Look at you go, girl. You wine and dine him.” He then winked at me. “Make sure to give him some dessert too.”

I couldn’t help, but to laugh and then nodded my head, as I made my way out of Divine Threads.

Once I was in my car, I decided I was going to stop at Whole Foods, since it was on my way home and they had some of the best ingredients to work with. I knew I’d find just what I needed there to make a delicious dinner. I had chicken in mind, as well as a side dish or two, plus something chocolaty for dessert.

I arrived at Whole Foods after a short drive and grabbed myself a small basket with handles as I stepped into the store, knowing I wouldn’t need a whole cart. I wasn’t expecting to buy anything, but the ingredients I needed for my immediate dinner with Matt. I walked over to the produce section first, taking a look at the variety of fruits and vegetables they had. So much of it was organic and/or exotic, as well as colorful and extremely fresh.

It dawned on me that I could prepare a salad to eat with our chicken and so I found some romaine and ice berg lettuce, as well as spinach. I picked out some of each and bagged it up in separate bags with twist ties. I also found some cherry tomatoes already packaged and put them in my basket, along with a red onion that I could chop up. Then I perused the fruits and I found some raspberries and blackberries, that I could use for the dessert portion of our meal.

Content with my produce selections, I made my way over to the meat and poultry section, ready to find the right kind of chicken. I noticed some chicken cutlets that looked lean and like the right size. I grabbed a package of them, knowing we wouldn’t eat all of it, but that Matt could keep the rest. I figured that I would make chicken piccata then, since it wasn’t all that hard to make and I loved lemon sauce and white wine with chicken.

I grabbed more of the ingredients I’d need and found myself in the aisle with condiments and dressings, looking for a vinaigrette for the salad. There were so many different kinds and since I was already going to use raspberries in the dessert, I decided against a raspberry vinaigrette. Instead, I finally settled on just a classic balsamic vinegar dressing and tossed it into the basket, which was slowly getting heavier on my arm.

I made my way out of the aisle and to the next aisle where they had a bunch of different pastas and rice. Some rice would be a nice complement to the chicken and provide another side dish. So I found a small pre-packaged box of rice, figuring I could just add some butter and seasonings to it. All I had left really was the dessert and since I had found some fresh berries, I knew I wanted to use them for a topping. They’d go great on top of a chocolate cake or chocolate mousse.

I smiled to myself, happy with how the menu for tonight’s dinner was coming along and that the shopping wasn’t too difficult either. I made my way further down the aisles, looking for the one that had baking items and came to it a moment later. I stepped into the aisle and spotted a man reading a box, that had to be cake or cookie mix of some sort.

I could tell right away just who it was, as he stood there with his sexy stance and well put together self. Plus, he wore another fedora that was completely black. It was JC. I was surprised to see him, not expecting to just bump into him here. I wasn’t sure whether to just keep my mouth shut or if I should talk to him, but I just couldn’t not say hello. So I walked down to him and smiled.

“Hey, JC.” I watched his head whip back and his eyes moved from the box on to me.

“Everly.” He said, recognizing me and forming a smile upon his lips. “Fancy meeting you here.”

I chuckled. “I could say the same thing.”

He eyed the basket of food I was holding and looked at me curiously. “What’s all the food for? You and Aimee?”

I shook my head. “No, it’s for Matt and I. He asked me to cook him dinner tonight and so I’m preparing a great meal.”

“Ohh…I see.” He grinned. “So you’re going over to his place for a romantic dinner, huh?”

“That would be the case.” I smiled. “I actually came to this aisle to find a dessert mix.”

“Yeah, I was just looking at these cookies.” He held up the organic chocolate chip cookie mix that was in his hand.

“You going to bake them yourself?” I teased, knowing that he didn’t have any cooking or baking skills to boast about.

“Haha.” He rolled his eyes at me. “Maybe…I could try.”

“Mmhmm.” I reached for a mix that made chocolate mousse without all the fuss and it was low-fat and sugar-free. I wasn’t too concerned about cutting every little ounce of fat or gram of sugar, but I was in Whole Foods after all.

“Okay, so maybe I’ll have someone else bake them for me.” He admitted and I tossed him a smile.

“That’s what I thought. Lila has told me stories about baking you cookies in the past.”

“I use my friends in useful ways.” He shrugged. “But, I was thinking my girlfriend could bake them.”

“Oh yes…that’s true.” I said, softly and lowered the mix of the mousse mix into my basket.

“Going to make some chocolate mousse for Morrison, eh?” I looked at JC and saw the smirk on his face. “It’s pretty sensual stuff, you know?”

I couldn’t help, but to laugh. “And you know all about sensual desserts, Chasez.”

“I know they taste good.” He winked.

I laughed again and then noticed a pretty brunette with a shopping cart, enter the aisle. She had a petite frame and was on the short side when it came to height. She also looked very much in shape and wore some black yoga pants, along with a tank top that looked to be made of spandex. Her dark hair was also pulled back in a sleek ponytail. I eyed her more carefully and realized who she was, just as she opened her mouth. She looked very much the same as she had looked in the pictures.

“Josh, here you are! Did you run into another fan?” She eyed me carefully then and I glanced at JC, waiting for him to answer.

He shook his head. “ This is my friend Everly. The one who I told you got the job as the ABDC stylist.”

“Oh okay.” She smiled and I wasn’t sure if it was fake or genuine.

“And Everly, this is my girlfriend, Megan.” JC finished off the introduction and I mustered up a smile.

“It’s nice to meet you, Megan.” I put my hand out and waited to see if she’d shake it.

She returned the handshake a second later. “You too.”

She looked at JC then and glanced at the cookie mix in his hand. “Do you know how many calories are probably in those cookies? I already am allowing you to have some steak and you know that’s high in cholesterol. I don’t even eat meat and I’m being kind about it just for you.”

I listened to the words she spoke to him and I gathered that Megan was a vegetarian, as well as very into nutrition. Which made sense, since JC had told me she was a personal trainer, but still. Did she really have to yell at a man who was lean and worked out a lot? Plus, I was pretty sure some extra calories were not going to hurt him or make him gain thirty pounds. JC had always been physically fit and his metabolism kept him thin and able to eat what he wished. I just found her words unnecessary and as if she thought he was a little child who needed guidance. If I were her, I’d let him eat whatever he wanted.

“I just want some cookies.” He pouted and I didn’t know how a grown man could get away with it. Yet, JC was always an exception and he appeared adorable with his pouting lips.

I watched as Megan stood on her tippy toes and managed to bring her face up to his, planting a quick kiss to his lips. I tried to not have any reaction to it, even though it wasn’t a sight I wanted to see.

“Fine, you can have the cookies. “ She sighed and then rubbed his cheek, before taking the cookie mix from him and throwing it into the cart. “I’ll even let you eat them in bed and then you can enjoy some other dessert.”

I couldn’t help, but to cringe at those words and quickly turned my head, not wanting my expression to be caught. I wasn’t one to just form an opinion right away of someone else’s relationship, but it seemed to me like theirs’ was based around the gym and the bedroom. In my opinion, relationships had to have more substance and function everywhere.

“You know I love that kind of dessert.” I heard JC’s low tone and imagined him giving Megan a suggestive look. I didn’t turn to look at them for another moment and sighed.

“Well, I should get going so I can get ready for Matt and then head to his place.” JC looked at me and nodded.

“Yeah, don’t want to be late or keep that man waiting. A hungry man likes to be fed.” I grinned and then heard Megan chuckle.

“That’s for sure. Josh, here…likes to whine if I haven’t fed him enough.” It rubbed me the wrong way that she kept referring to him as Josh. I knew only his family and some close friends called him that and in my mind, it was reserved only for those who seriously knew him and loved him. I didn’t even call him that, except for once or twice in playful admonishing. Plus she’d only known him a few months.

“I do not.” JC rolled his eyes and Megan just ignored him and looked at me.

“So you’re talking about Matthew Morrison, right?” I nodded my head.

“Yeah, JC set the two of us up and we’ve still been seeing each other.”

“Oh yeah…well that’s wonderful. I hope he treats you just as good as Josh treats me.”

I nodded. “I think he’s been treating me pretty well.”

“So how close are you two to becoming a couple?” JC asked, stopping his girlfriend from speaking again.

“Funny you ask.” I smirked “ He asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday and I accepted. So we’re officially boyfriend and girlfriend.”

“That’s awesome, Evers!” JC grinned and sounded truly delighted by the news. I expected him to be, seeing as he’d been the one to make this whole thing happen in the first place.

“Thanks. I think it’s awesome too. I really like him.” I looked at Megan and noticed a smile upon her face. I assumed she was just happy to hear the news that I was taken and not going to steal her boyfriend. I already sensed something off about her and I knew that most of JC’s past girlfriends had had jealous tendencies.

“Yeah, he’s a great guy. The two of us have become good friends outside of the studio too. We’ve been to a few events together, as well.” JC added and continued to smile. “I’m happy that there’s something between you two.”

I looked at my watch and realized I really did need to go pay for my groceries and get ready for the evening. “I really should get going for real. You two have a nice night as well.”

“Okay and we will.” JC quickly gave me a half hug and then Megan gave me a wave.

“It was nice meeting you, Everly.” I kept a smile plastered on my face and nodded.

“You too, Megan.”

I simply didn’t care to say anything else. I just walked away then, leaving JC and Megan to themselves, and headed toward the front of the store to check out.

I was hoping to see a genuine spark between JC and his new girlfriend, but to me it came off as nothing special. I just got the vibe that they were using each other for different reasons, yet because it worked for them they didn’t see anything wrong with it. I knew that JC was happy though and he wasn’t all that good at pretending to be happy when he wasn’t. All I wanted was for him to be happy and I wasn’t about to say anything, in case I was wrong and he was falling in love with her.

Even though I’d cried silly tears over JC and had dreamt of being the love of his life, I had to put feelings aside and realize that fate was taking a different course. I was involved with Matt now and though I hadn’t adored him for years, as I did with JC, I really was starting to feel a spark with him. I just wondered if the spark would fizzle out or continue to crackle into a full-blown blaze.

I made it out of Whole Foods, glad when I reached my car and was completely nowhere near JC and Megan. I couldn’t help, but to feel a twinge of jealousy, especially since I’d felt his lips upon mine and knew he was blessed with some perfectly sculpted lips. Seeing him kiss her on purpose and not during some tipsy moment was hard. I wanted to like the girl and to believe that she and JC were actually a good match, but I was being pessimistic. I hated it, especially since I was so use to being optimistic and wishing the very best for my friends. Yet, I couldn’t help, but to wonder what JC felt when he kissed her and if Megan’s kisses were filled with all the love and passion he deserved.

I shook my head, loading the bag of groceries in my car and then settling into the driver’s seat. I knew this whole situation royally sucked because I was having internal battles with myself. I felt like my mind and heart kept flipping back and forth over JC and Matt and I needed to get a grip. I was Matt’s girlfriend now and that was that.


I drove home to my apartment to quickly change into something better for my evening with Matt. Once I stepped inside my apartment, I saw Aimee laying on the couch, eating some ice cream and watching the television. She looked really comfortable as well, in sweat pants and a hoodie. It appeared she was being lazy today, but then I realized she had tears in her eyes as I walked past her. She was sniffling as well and I noticed it was the movie, Marley & Me, playing on the television. It dawned on me that she was PMSing, since I knew she could be a weepy little thing or complete bitch just before that time of the month. She also loved to indulge in ice cream.

“PMSing?” I simply asked, looking at her.

She nodded her head. “Yeah, I don’t know why I even put this movie in. It’s so freaking sad at the end and my hormones are whack.”

I couldn’t help, but to chuckle. “And you’ve got your pint of Ben & Jerry’s too.”

“Chocolate chip cookie dough.” She sniffled. “It’s so…good. I don’t even care it has a million calories right now.”

“Good, you shouldn’t worry about them calories anyways.” I assured her with a smile and then stepped into my bedroom to find my outfit for the evening.

When I came out a couple minutes later, in a royal blue ruffled top and some dark, skinny jeans, I saw that Aimee had turned the movie off and was focusing on the ice cream she still had in her little container.

“Where are you going?” She asked, acknowledging my return to the living room, as she put another spoonful in her mouth. “You look cute.”

“I smiled.” Thanks. I’m going over to Matt’s for a romantic dinner that I’m preparing.”

“So you’re cooking for him already?” Her eyebrows arched.

“Yeah, I am. He asked nicely this morning and so I made a trip to Whole Foods for the ingredients.”

“I still think it’s so amazing you two are a couple. Just don’t mess it up, by burning his food.”

I laughed. “I will not mess it up, Aimee. I’ve cooked for you before and you’ve never complained.

“Okay, you’re right.” She smirked. “But just remember where I found his condoms, in case you need one.”

“Aimee!” I shook my head and laughed. “I’m not sleeping with him tonight.”

“You never know.” She smirked once again. “He might be so impressed by your cooking skills that he’ll want you for dessert.”

“I’m making a chocolate mousse with berries on top for dessert and even if he is impressed, you know I won’t just put out like that.”

“Which is a shame. I can only imagine how many Hollywood hunks you’d have been in the sack with by now if you did.” I rolled my eyes at her.

“You know me, Aimes. I’m not a shallow bimbo who just sleeps with anyone she can.”

“Yeah…I know.” She laughed then. “I just like to be entertained by the thought.”

“Mmhmm.” I rolled my eyes and grabbed my purse, that I’d set on the kitchen counter. I slid it upon my shoulder and then grabbed the bag of groceries that I had brought inside, along with some extra ingredients from my own kitchen.

“You leaving already?” I nodded my head.

“Yeah, I need to be at his house in a little bit and start cooking our dinner.”

She stood up from the couch and then walked over to the garbage can in the kitchen, depositing her empty ice cream container into it.

“More sad, lonely, and depressing PMSing time.” I chuckled.

“You’ll be okay, Aimee. I bet you’ll even fall asleep in a few hours.”

She shook her head. “I don’t have a man. If I had a cute, cuddly man here right now, I’d feel so much better.”

“Don’t you even dare of picking up the phone and calling Noah.” I warned her. “Even if he is miles and miles away, you don’t need to start shit because you feel lonely.”

“Oh I won’t.” She shook her head. “I’m in need of a man that’s here in LA.”

“You’ll find one sooner or later.” I assured her. “Guys love you.”

“Thanks, big sis.” She smiled and then she pulled me into a hug and squeezed me tight. It caught me off guard, but I just went with it.

“Welcome.” I stepped over to the door, after leaving her embrace, ready to get to Matt’s.

“I’m leaving now. Call me if you need anything or want me to pick you up more Ben & Jerry’s on my way home.” I smirked.

“I’ve already got another pint in the freezer.” She chuckled.

“Okay. See you later.” I stepped out the door then, glad I was leaving my PMSing sister behind and going to be joining Matt shortly.


When I arrived at Matt’s place, it was a few minutes past seven and he greeted me with a warm smile. He ushered me in and closed the door behind me, before placing a gentle kiss to my lips. It was a good way to start the evening and I smiled, handing him the bag of groceries. I followed him into his kitchen, where he began to unload the bag and see all of the ingredients I was going to use for dinner.

“I’m so glad to see you and with a bag full of food too.” He grinned. “Thanks for being so willing to cook for me.”

“Not a problem. I do need to start doing nice things for my boyfriend, don’t I?” I smirked.

“It’s always a plus when my girlfriend is nice to me.” He continued to smile. “So what are you making me?”

“Our dinner will be an enjoyable menu of chicken piccata with this amazing lemon and white wine sauce, a side salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, some buttered rice, as well as chocolate mousse with a berries for dessert. How does that sound?”

I watched him pat his stomach and his face lit up even more. “Delicious! I haven’t had a meal like that in awhile. Between being in the studio, on set for the show, and all the other stuff that’s been going on, eating hasn’t really been so gourmet. I can’t wait to eat.”

“Then I feel even better doing this for you.” I pecked his cheek and then laid out all the ingredients on his kitchen counter, taking stock of everything.

“Let me show you where everything is around my kitchen and then you can begin your magic, sweetheart.” Matt grinned and he began opening drawers and cabinets showing me where dishes, pots, pans, utensils, and such were.

I decided I’d quickly prepare the mousse first, so that it could chill in the fridge and be properly set when we wanted to enjoy it after dinner. As soon as I finished getting acquainted on the kitchen, I made the mousse, while Matt’s phone rang and he had took the call into his office. I didn’t mind cooking without him in the kitchen. It actually made it easier, so that I could prepare everything and stay focused.

While he continued to talk on his phone, I managed to put the chicken in the oven to bake, put the rice on the stove top to cook, and also prep the salad in a large bowl with all of its ingredients. I felt rather domestic as I went about my tasks and I imagined what it would be like to have to cook for someone everyday or close to it. I could really be a nurturer when I wanted to be and I did like to keep those I love happy and taken care of. I knew that in the long run, if Matt and I continued down the path we were, I could really get use to this. I knew that in my heart of hearts I wanted a committed relationship and one that hopefully ended in marriage. Whether Matt would end up being the ‘one’ was something I’d have to just wait and see about.


When Matt got off the phone finally, the food was also ready. I grabbed two plates and put a serving of everything onto each plate. I smiled as Matt took a seat at the table and I placed his plate of chicken, rice, and salad in front of him.

“This looks and smells so good.” He rubbed his hands together, ready to dig in. “Sorry, about the phone call. It was Ryan Murphy telling me some important information for Glee. We’re actually going to do some shooting in New York soon.”

“Oh that’s quite alright. That’s probably going to be a lot of fun for you too. You’ll get to go back to your real home and catch up with friends there, especially on Broadway.” He grinned and nodded..

“Yeah, it’s definitely nice to always get back to New York.”

I watched him cut a piece of chicken and pop it into his mouth. His face had satisfaction written all over it then. I couldn’t help, but to be happy.

“Mmmm…this is so good, Everly. Some of the best chicken, I’ve had in awhile. You can definitely make this for me again.” He cut another piece and savored more chicken.

I began digging into my own food, enjoying the chicken, as well as the salad and rice. I had been hungry and was glad to fill up my own stomach, besides Matthew’s.

“We’ll see. You just have to keep playing your cards right, Matt.” He chuckled then.

“I plan on it. I don’t want to screw up things between us.” I couldn’t help, but to grin at his words. He seemed to really be invested in this relationship in such a short time.

“Good. I don’t want to date anymore screw ups. I just want a real, genuine guy.”

"I am a real, genuine guy." Matt leaned in and pressed a small kiss to my lips. "..And I believe that you're real and genuine too, Everly.” I grinned and happily continued eating.

We ate in a comfortable silence, minus a few comments here and there, but it was fine with me. I was content watching Matthew enjoy dinner, knowing he appreciated my cooking.

Once we both cleaned off our plates and our stomachs were full, I volunteered to clean up the kitchen and take care of the mess I’d created. Though Matthew told me to just put whatever I could in the dishwasher and not to worry about the rest. He didn’t want me slaving over him anymore and I thought it was a sweet gesture.

So we ended up on his couch and he wrapped his arm around me, as he turned the television on. Once he settled on a channel, he pecked a kiss upon my cheek and then another kiss to my jaw.

“Thank you so very much for dinner. It was absolutely delicious. The chicken was tender and juicy, the rice was buttery, and the salad was flavorful.”

“It was my pleasure. I’m just glad your taste buds were happy with it.” He grinned.

“They were and my body is really happy to be sitting beside you now. My lips are extremely happy to kiss you too.”

Before I could say anything, Matthew turned my head toward him and he planted a kiss upon my lips. At first it was soft and slow and then turned into something a little more heated. I savored his lips upon mine and I could tell he enjoyed tasting me too. It was almost like a pre-dessert to the real dessert.

“That was amazing…” Matt spoke softly, his breathing hitched, as he pulled his lips away from mine.

I tried catching my breath as well and nodded. “…Yeah…it was.”

“It’s nice to be able to feel a spine-tingling, toe-curling kiss from someone again. I haven’t had one in awhile.” Matt admitted.

It was my turn for an admittance. “Me neither. I agree, that it is nice. I like feeling wanted, desired and all that. I almost forgot what it was like.”

“Well with me, you won’t forget.” Matt tossed me a wink and I couldn’t help, but to smile.


We kissed some more and cuddled a little while, before we finally indulged ourselves with the chocolate mousse, which I ended up topping off with the raspberries and blackberries, as well as some whipped cream I found in Matt’s refrigerator. It really was a sensual dessert, as JC had pointed out earlier. It was so light, airy, and smooth, yet delicious and creamy. It really did scream romance and passion.

“Open up.” Matthew said as he held a spoonful of the mousse in front of my mouth and I parted my lips. I accepted the spoonful and my lips curved around the spoon the get it all.

“Mmm…” I moaned in delight and then couldn’t help, but to notice the look on Matthew’s face.

“You look so sexy eating this. I want to feed you another spoon.” I chuckled and then accepted another spoonful of the mousse without any hesitation.

“I’m so glad I made this. Even for being low-fat and all, it tastes good.” I then leaned in with chocolate residue still upon my lips and kissed Matthew.

I felt and heard him moan against my lips then and he kissed off the residue of the mousse, while savoring my lips at the same time.

“It definitely tastes good.” Matt smirked, as he broke from the kiss.

“And you taste good too.” I grinned and reached for his cheek, giving it a gentle caress. I found myself enjoying the moment and being around my new boyfriend. I didn’t even really see him as Matthew Morrison, the Glee guy, anymore. Though I was a fan of his, I was becoming a fan of the real Matt and all he had to offer.

He blushed slightly and then I watched him take another spoonful of the mousse for himself. “I think when I’m in New York, it might be nice for you to come with.”

I didn’t expect for him to say those words, nor to invite me. “Really? I don’t know. I mean I have my own schedule too.”

“I know.” He nodded. “..But even if you could come visit for a couple days. I think I’ll end up taping the episode for Glee and then stay longer to do some publicity for the tour and album.”

“I mean…I’d really like to and of course I want to support you and see you. Plus it's been awhile since I’ve been to New York myself. It’s such a fashion mecca and I love it.”

“Good, so then you’ll come out, even if it’s just for two days? I‘ll get you reacquainted with the city.” I nodded my head.

“Yeah, yeah, I will. Now when are you going?”

“In about three weeks. It could be four weeks if things get pushed back, but yeah…definitely look into your schedule.” I nodded and then pecked his lips.

“I will. I’ll make sure to make it work around Divine Threads and ABDC.”

ABDC was starting in a week, but thankfully, it taped on Tuesdays, which meant I could take a weekend getaway, as long as something else didn’t come up. I could also have Nathaniel take on some of my clients if I had to.

“Just what I wanted to hear, honey.” Matt smiled and then he ran his hand through my hair and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

I felt my phone vibrate in my jean pocket and slowly retrieved it. I saw that I had received a text and I squirmed a little then, as Matt tried to place more kisses upon my face. I let out a chuckle an kept pulling away.

“Just let me read this text I got.” I flipped my phone open and saw Aimee’s name pop up as well as the text.

I know I told you to sleep with Matt….but while eating more Ben & Jerry’s realized you need to do JC!

My eyes widened and I quickly shut my phone, so Matt wouldn’t even catch a glimpse of the words. “Can…I be excused for a second? My sister sent me a silly text and she’s PMSing. I’m worried about her.”

“Of course. I hope she’s okay.” Matt gave me a concerned look and let me slide off the couch then.

I walked down the hallway to his bathroom then and closed the door, before texting Aimee a response.

WTF AIMEE! I’m Matt’s girlfriend now. Stop acting psycho because your period is coming.

The text sent and a moment later, she replied with another one.

Yeah, but….you really should do JC!

Once again, I sent another text.

He’s in a relationship. So am I.

Another text popped up.

Doesn’t mean either of your relationships are going to last. I’m happy for you sis, but just don’t sleep with Matt…yet.

She was getting on my nerves now.

I’m not ‘there’ with him yet and don’t be a bitch because you’re the single one now and I’m taken.

Sure enough she had another response.

I’ll be a crazy PMSing bitch of a little sister all I want. You can listen to me or you can ignore me, but fuck…you have feelings for two men and you know it. A title won’t change that.

I sighed, reading and re-reading her text, knowing that my little sister had a knack at knowing the truth. She’d come back into my life again so suddenly and she already had figured out what was happening in my heart. Still didn’t mean I wanted her to send me texts on who I needed to sleep with. In my mind being intimate with Matt was a little more realistic, where as being intimate with JC seemed too surreal. Though it wasn’t really like I had a choice anyways. I didn’t have both guys pining for me and JC was off the market.

I decided not to respond to Aimee again, knowing I didn’t want to get into it even more. I stepped out of the bathroom and made it down the hall, back to Matt. He was still sitting on the couch and smiled when I returned.

“Hey, you’re back. Everything’s okay?” He patted the cushion beside him, wanting me to sit down again.

“Yeah, don’t you worry about, Aimee. Though, I think I should call it a night anyways.”

“Aww…really? You tired? You got work to do?” He asked, sounding disappointed.

“Don’t be too sad, Morrison. I did come over, cook for you, and kiss you.” I smirked. “But…yeah, I just realized I have a couple things to do before I get to bed and go to work tomorrow.”

He stood up from the couch then and he pulled me into his embrace. He squeezed me tightly and then planted a kiss upon my neck, then one on my jaw, and then another to my lips. “Alright. I understand. I mean…I can forgive you since you agreed to come out to New York, plus…you’re very beautiful.”

I laughed and then ruffled his hair gently, before pulling out of his arms and heading toward the door to leave.

“Good, thanks for being so forgiving, handsome.” I allowed Matt to open the door for me and then he quickly pressed another kiss to my lips and wished me sweet dreams, before letting me go and shutting the door behind me.

I sighed as I walked to my car, still confused as ever. If not even more confused as ever.


Chapter End Notes:
Any comments are appreciated. I love you all!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc producerjc