Author's Chapter Notes:
And so it continues..

 

“Aimee!” I called out my sister’s name once I opened my apartment door. I stepped inside, hoping to find her and in one piece. I smiled, hearing her yell back a moment later.

“In here!” She called from the bathroom. “I’ll be out in a second!”

I waited for her to come out and scanned over my apartment, seeing that everything was still as I’d left it this morning. I was happy to see that she wasn’t messing things up already or trying to dig into my things.

“Hey, sis. How was your day?” Aimee asked, as she stepped out of the bathroom and toward the living room to me.

“Hi.” I gave her a smile. “Work was work, you know? Though I did have lunch with JC and Matt just invited both of us over to his place.”

Aimee’s eyes lit up. “You had lunch with JC!? Does his girlfriend know about this?”

I shrugged my shoulders, honestly not knowing. “Yes, I did. He treated me to Baja Fresh. It was a good time. As for his girlfriend…I’m not sure if he told her. All I know is she had to cancel on him.”

“And you just happened to be her replacement. That’s definitely interesting.” Once again I shrugged.

“I guess.” Aimee smiled widely, continued to be enthralled by my little piece of information.

“I just find it awesome that you were the next person on his mind after her. I think…that has to mean something.”

I didn’t say anything to that, but I did let her in on the invitation Matt gave us.

“Anyways, Matt had wanted to go to dinner, but because shooting ran late, he suggested for you and I to come over to his place for some pizza and beer.”

“He invited me!” She squealed. “You didn’t even have to ask?”

“It was all his idea.” I told her, knowing she’d love that.

“Well at least we know he’s a family man, if he wants to meet me. Probably wants my blessing for him to date my sister.” I chuckled then.

“I think he just wants to meet you. I told him you came back to town.”

“Well I would love to meet him too. Now what am I going to wear?!” She cried out, as if she had to dress to impress.

“Just something comfy and casual. It’s just going to be the three of us chilling out at his place. Plus, you’re not the one dating him.”

She rolled her eyes at me. “Yeah, but I need him to still know I look good, so he can suggest me to his other friends.”

I laughed. “He’s not providing the Matthew Morrison Dating Service.”

“That’s what you think, but JC certainly provided his services, didn’t he?” She tossed me a smug look.

“There’s a difference between being matched up without you asking and throwing yourself at someone for them to match you up.”

I heard silence then, knowing she knew I was right. She walked away from me and stepped back into the bedroom to change into whatever she was going to wear for Mr. Morrison.

I walked into my own bedroom and slipped out of my work clothes, ready to put on something more comfortable. I opened my closet and perused my options, before selecting a simple pink t-shirt and some black track pants. I didn’t care if it seemed too much for the gym and not sexy enough to see my almost-boyfriend. He had told me to dress comfortable and so I was going to.

I also decided to put my hair up and went into my bathroom for an elastic. I tied my light brown locks into a high ponytail and smiled at myself in the mirror. I noticed my makeup wasn’t all that bad either and just made a few quick touch-ups. Then I spritzed on a little of the mango body spray I had, that complemented my mango body wash. Once I was satisfied with my appearance and was all set to go, I stepped out of the bathroom and over to my living room.

I found a pair of sneakers by my front door and decided to slide into them, as Aimee reappeared looking like she was ready for a date or going clubbing. She had on a sparkly, red tank top with a racer back and a denim mini-skirt that was cut too high for my liking. She also had her dark hair hanging loose upon her shoulders and back, looking touchable for any man. Her make up was a little over the top with an array of eyeshadows, mascara, eyeliner, blush, and lipstick. She had it all going on and it pretty obvious how much she wanted to leave an impression on Matt. She was definitely going to.

“I told you to dress simple.” I sighed, reaching for my purse and swinging it over my shoulder.

“Puhlease….who dresses simple when they’re around Matt Morrison?”

“I do.”

She laughed. “Well I hope he loves a girl that looks like she’s ready to workout.”

“I just hope you don’t scare him because you look like a clown.” I smirked, giving her some of her own medicine.

“Yeah..yeah..whatever, big sis.” She waved her hand at me. “You know you love me. I’m going to get you some more dirt tonight.”

The thought of her getting me more ‘dirt’ definitely scared me. There was no telling what she’d discover.

“Come on, Nancy Drew. Let’s get going.” I shook my head at her and laughed. She quickly slid on some heels and followed me out the door.



When we arrived at Matt’s place a little later, I couldn’t help, but to smile when Matt opened the door and let us inside. It was actually nice to be able to introduce my sister to someone I’d been seeing and Matthew did look good, even in casual clothing.

“Hi, Everly. So happy to see you, sweetheart.” He welcomed me warmly, pulling me into a hug, as well as placing a kiss to my cheek.

“Happy to see you too.” I said softly and hugged him tightly, while breathing him in.

“Alright, break it up…break it up.” Aimee chuckled behind us, waiting to be introduced. I sighed and rolled my eyes, pulled back from Matt’s embrace.

“Matt, this is my lovely, younger sister Aimee. Aimee, well you know who he is.” A soft chuckle escaped Matt’s lips and then he greeted her with a hug as well.

“It’s nice to meet you, Aimee. Everly was telling me you came back to stay with her for awhile. Nothing like sisterly love.”

Aimee beamed. “So nice to meet you too, Matthew.”

“The pleasure is all mine. So, why don’t you lovely ladies come over to my living room? I’ve got a large cheese pizza and some beers waiting for us.”

“Sounds good.” I smiled at him and then followed him to the living room, with Aimee following as well.

“Take a seat on the couch, the recliner, or even the floor. Anywhere’s fine and help yourself to the food.” He instructed as he plopped down onto the couch himself. I decided to sit right beside him on the couch and Aimee went for the recliner that was a little ways from us, after grabbing some pizza and a beer.

I grabbed my own pizza, putting two slices on a plate. I also reached for a beer and uncapped it, before indulging in a sip.

“Mmm, this is nice.” I said, looking at Matt. “Thanks for inviting us both over and keeping it simple.”

He swallowed down a bite of food and then smiled. “No problem. I figured we could all relax.”

“And you definitely look comfortable.” I eyed him, in a white t-shirt and some black sweat pants. He looked like he could’ve just gotten out of the shower before we arrived.

“So do you, Everly. I love seeing a girl in normal stuff and not always dressing up.”

“Thanks. Tell that to my sister.” I then heard Aimee join in.

“Hey!” Matthew’s laughter then filled the room.

“Girls…girls. You both look great…in your own ways.” Aimee grinned then, pleased that Matt was defending her. I figured he didn’t want her to dislike him already.

“See..I knew he’d appreciate my outfit, Ev.” I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“She is certainly something else, Matt. Excuse her ridiculousness.” Matt laughed again.

“It’s quite alright. It keeps things interesting.” Matt smiled at Aimee then. “And I’m sure if we were in a club right now, you’d be picking up guys for days.”

“Thank you.” She beamed. “So you like my sister a lot, huh?”

I knew these types of questions were going to come up and hoped they didin’t get too awkward.

Matt nodded his head and I continued to chew on my pizza, listening for his response. “ Yes, yes I do. I think your sister is so beautiful and refreshing. She’s not like every other girl in Hollywood and I definitely dig that. Plus she just has this warm spirit about her.”

I couldn’t help, but to blush at his words then and noticed the huge smile on Aimee’s face. She was just as satisfied with his answer.

“That’s really great. I’m just asking that you treat her well. I don’t want Everly’s heart getting broken again.” He nodded his head at my sister’s words.

“Oh trust me…I’m not planning on doing that.”

“And if you do…I know where you live now.” She teased him with an evil laugh.

He laughed. “I’ll take that into consideration.”

“And I don’t know if Everly told you, but I’m a big Glee fan too. I think your show is just beyond awesome and so are a bunch of your cast-mates. Could you maybe hook a sister up?”

I shook my head. “She has this notion that you’re going to set her up with someone.” I explained to Matt, looking into his eyes. I knew that he knew I was serious.

“Well Aimee…” He looked at my sister, hesitating. “…I don’t think it’s my place to just hook you up with someone and I’m not even privy to all of my cast-mates love lives. So I can’t even say for sure who’s truly single, but…what I can do is invite you to a taping sometime and let you meet the other guys.”

“Oh my god!” She squealed and almost fell from the recliner “I’d love that! Thank you…thank you.” I was just glad she didn’t have pizza in her mouth or she might’ve choked. I wasn’t expecting for him to offer her a trip to the Glee set, but it was better than just telling her she could have a date with Cory Monteith or Chord Overstreet. At least she could meet them in the flesh first.

“She can be a teeny.” I smirked at Matt and he just smiled, not that bothered by Aimee. Apparently, he’d dealt with crazier girls than my sister or he had a high tolerance for screaming girls.

“I’ll let you know when the best taping is for you to drop by, Aimee.” Matt assured her and I watched him sip on his beer.

“Sweet. Everly can just give you my number.” I chuckled, finding it weird then that I had to give my sister's number to Matt.

He nodded his head, placing his beer back down on the coffee table. “So, you came back to LA from New York?”

Aimee nodded her head. “Yeah, I had gone to New York to get away from here and find love. Which I did, but my boyfriend and I just broke up. Actually, I broke up with him, but anyways…I figured I could crash with Everly and see what’s shaking in LA again.”

I realized how much of the conversation we had going on was between my sister and Matt, but it was nice to see them talking. If I was going to date Matt, they did need to get along.

I watched Matt smile at my sister’s response and bob his head. “Well there’s definitely always something happening in LA. Hopefully you find what you’re looking for here. I’m actually from New York, so I have a place there too. I sort of hop between the two places, but I’ve been in LA a lot more lately with filming Glee and working on my album.”

“That’s cool.” She smiled at him. “I really do love both places, but I just needed out of New York for right now.”

“And to be a pain in my ass.” I added with a chuckle.

Matt glanced at me and then smiled. “I’m already liking the dynamic you two girls have. I bet it was good times growing up together.”

“Oh it was and some of us are still growing up.” I directed my glance at Aimee and she rolled her eyes, before smiling again.

“Everly is the best sister I could’ve ever asked for, in all honesty, Matt. We like to get smart with each other, but it’s all in fun. I love her.”

I was touched by her words, not expecting her to get serious at that moment and smiled. “Thanks. I love you too, Aimes.”

“Awww…I can just feel the love.” Matt cooed. “This is precious.”

I watched Matt set his empty plate down then and he pulled me into his lap. I wasn’t expecting it, but I didn’t fight it either. I could use the closeness, plus I knew my sister would appreciate seeing the affection between us. I got comfortable in his lap and then leaned into him, as his arms wrapped around me.

“You two are cute together. A great looking couple.” Aimee gushed.

Matt grinned. “I’d have to agree with you, Aimee.”

I smiled at Matt and pressed a kiss to his cheek, which elicited an ‘awww’ from my sister. I shook my head at her.

“It’s just so great to see Everly smiling again over a guy. I’m just thankful that JC set you two up.” Matt nodded.

“Me too. JC has great instincts and I’m glad I could put a smile on your sister’s face again.” I couldn’t help, but to feel a slight change in my heart rate over the mention of JC, but I tried my best to ignore it. I was in Matt’s lap and happy being there.

“Speaking of JC….” I found my voice, calming down. “he mentioned to me today that it would be nice to go clubbing soon and for everyone to get together. He even said I could bring you as my bodyguard.” I turned to look at Matt then with a smirk.

Matt grinned. “Of course, I’d love to protect you from all the crazies in the club. That’s a good idea.”

“That would be so much fun.” Aimee grinned. “I really do want to go clubbing and being surrounded by JC’s posse and Matt’s posse would be cool.”

“Do you have a posse?” I asked, jokingly at Matt. He chuckled.

“If you consider all the Glee kids my posse, then sure. I could probably invite them too and see who’d be interested.”

“That’s sounds good, but you should probably see when JC wants to go and all that. I’m sure you two have busy schedules that have some conflicting evenings.”

He nodded and pressed a kiss to my jaw.

“You’re right. I should probably talk to JC, but I’ll see him in the studio in a few days. We’ve got another song that needs some last minute tweaking. I’ll talk to him then.”

I simply nodded my head and then I watched as a wicked grin spread across my sister’s face. I could just see the wheels in her head turning and I was waiting for her to say or do something crazy.

“Hey, Matt?” She piped up. “May I use your restroom?”

“Sure, Aimee.” He pointed down the hall. “Just walk to the end of the hall and it’s on the right.”

“Okay, thanks.” She slid off of the recliner then and settled her empty beer bottle on the coffee table, before making her way down the hall. I was actually surprised she didn’t pose an awkward question that time.

“Now that she’s gone, we have a moment to really kiss.” Matt grinned and turned my head, so he could plant a warm, sensual kiss upon my lips.

I moaned in delight and savored the feeling, glad that we had a chance to steal real kisses. “Mmm…much better.”

“Indeed.” He murmured and his lips moved against mine in need and want.

I brought my hands up to his face and cupped his cheeks then, continuing to kiss him. He was equally enjoying himself, letting our lips continue to mesh together.

I had to admit it was nice to kiss him and I had enjoyed our kisses so far. There was something so nice about kissing someone again and feeling wanted. I really did just have to go with the flow. I had to remember to live in the moment and not worry about what I couldn’t control. What I could control though was making things official with Matt and keeping our budding relationship going.

We finally pulled back from our kissing session, once Aimee returned from the bathroom. She let her presence be known.

“Get a room.” She giggled and took a seat upon the recliner again. I felt Matt break our kiss and he had a look of a little boy who’d been caught, upon his face. I couldn’t help, but to find it adorable and laugh.

“I see how it is…when the cat’s away..the mice play.” Aimee added, with more giggling. My sister certainly was a teenager trapped in a twenty-something’s body.

“Yeah…yeah.” I rolled my eyes at her and then put one more peck against Matt’s lips.

We continued some more small talk for a little while, with Matt laughing at my sister’s jokes and me just glad that he didn’t mind her antics. We also talked about things happening in his career and also dirt from his past. Apparently, he’d been engaged once to a soap actress and the girl had broken it off with him. He was totally over it though and looking forward to the future. It was nice to see that he had moved on from a past lover, the way I was moving on from Trevor.

A yawn escaped my lips and I was growing tired, knowing I didn’t have much left in me. It had been a long week and I was glad for it to be over.

“Sleepy, huh?” Matt cooed in my ear. “Better get on home then.”

I yawned once more and nodded my head. “Yeah, I’ve really enjoyed myself and I’m sure Aimee has too, but I’m just really tired right now.”

He nodded, in total understanding. “Well before you go though, you think we could have a moment alone?”

“I’ll let you two have a moment alone.” Aimee chimed in, having heard Matt’s words despite them being spoken to me.

“I’m getting tired, as well. I’ll wait for you in the car, Everly.”

I watched Aimee stand up then and I slid off of Matt’s lap, so that he could say goodbye to my sister.

“It was lovely meeting you, Aimee. I will definitely be seeing you again soon, I hope.” Matthew gave her a hug and Aimee returned it.

“Likewise, Matthew. I’ll be looking forward to that visit on the set of Glee, as well.” She winked at him. “But thank you, I had a nice time tonight.”

“I’m glad.” He simply said and opened the door for her, allowing my sister to leave me and Matt alone for a moment.


“You’ll have to excuse her.” I said immediately, as Matt joined me back on the couch.

“Oh no worries. She seems like a nice girl, Ev. I don’t have any problem with her, but she came in here trying to impress the wrong man with that mini skirt and makeup.” I laughed then.

“Oh yeah? Is that so?” He nodded his head.

“Yeah, because I’m taken. Well..like ninety-five percent taken.” I grinned.

“And how come you’re not a complete one hundred percent taken?” He dropped a kiss to my cheek and then another to my jaw.

“ ‘Cause I have to ask you to be my girlfriend again.” I felt my cheeks grow warm and I knew they’d reddened with a blush.

“So, then…are you going to ask me now?” He didn’t say a word though and got up again, heading into his kitchen. I waited for him to return and when he did, he had a bouquet of a dozen red roses in hand.

He smiled, as he sat down beside me again and then held out the roses to me. “These are for you, pretty girl.”

“Thank you.” I smiled, touched that he would buy me flowers. It had been a long time since anyone had given me flowers. I breathed them in, smelling the fresh, floral scent.

“Your welcome. Now I would just like to say that you’ve become such a wonderful addition to my life and I’ve enjoyed every moment with you. To me…you’re everything I’ve been looking for in a girl and I just would love to prove to you that I can be you’re everything too. So, Everly, would you please be my girlfriend?”

His words were sweet and his plea was very nice as well. I could see in his eyes that he wanted me to give him the answer he was looking for and I felt ready to give it to him then. I enjoyed the feeling of being romanced and feeling like I was being courted in a proper way. Matt truly was a gentleman and he had so many characteristics that I wanted in a man. So I decided to go with the flow after all…

“Yes.” I smiled. “I’d be happy to be your girlfriend.”

He smiled widely and then he pressed a kiss to my lips, in celebration.

“And you want to be my boyfriend, right?” I quipped, against his lips.

“Absolutely.” He murmured and kissed my lips with even more hunger.

We continued to kiss a little longer and then pulled away breathlessly. I couldn’t help, but to see how happy Matt was and how swollen his lips were. It was amazing to know I’d caused both things.

“I….need to go..Aimee’s waiting..” I said softly, lifiting myself up from the couch then and Matt nodded, standing up with me.

“Yeah, let me get the door for you.” I nodded and grabbed my bouquet of roses, before following Matt over to the door. We looked at each other again, smiling and then he put one more kiss upon my lips.

“Drive home safely and I’ll talk to you real soon, girlfriend.” He spoke sweetly and I nodded with a smile.

“I will and you take care too, boyfriend.” As soon as the word left my mouth it really hit me. I was really Matthew Morrison’s girlfriend now. I hadn’t called anyone my boyfriend in quite awhile, but it was nice to be able to do it once again.

“Good night.” He pecked my cheek.

“Good night.” I waved at him and then stepped outside the door.



Once I hopped into my car, Aimee looked like she was bursting at the seams. She had a Cheshire cat grin upon her lips.

“Matt gave you roses?” I looked at the bouquet in my hand and then settled them upon the backseat.

“Yeah, he did. It was really sweet of him.” She grinned.

“I’d say it was.” She continued to grin and I knew she was still dying to share something.

“What?” I asked, buckling up and turning the key into the ignition.

“I did some detective work and I found some dirt on Matt for you.”

I looked at her confused. “What are you talking about? I saw you the whole time.”

She laughed. “You didn’t have your eye on me when I was in the bathroom though.”

“Aimee….what did you do?” I asked, sighing as I started up the engine, ready to make it home so I could sleep.

“Well…I used the bathroom, first. I really did have to go, but something else came to mind. I thought maybe I’d search around any cabinets or drawers and see what condoms I could find, if any.”

I gasped then and shook my head, turning out onto the main road, hoping I wouldn’t crash my car at her revelation.

“What the heck, Aimes? Are you like the condom hunter now?” She laughed.

“Anyways…I did a little digging and I even kept the sink running so you two wouldn’t hear me opening and closing stuff.” She grinned, proud of herself. “….and at the bottom of the one drawer, I found a secret stash of condoms. They were hidden under a bag of cotton balls and a bag of Q-tips.”

“You’re a natural, Sherlock. Just tell me what kind they were.”

I watched her pull out a small packet then and she grinned widely. “Ribbed for extra pleasure.”

“You took a condom!” I cried out, not sure if I was more surprised that she’d taken one or that it was actually ribbed for extra pleasure.

“It’s not a big deal, Everly. He had like twenty more.” She waved her hand at me.

“But I find it interesting that you’ve got one guy who uses magnums and another who might not be as big so he’s making up for it with ribbed ones.”

I couldn’t help, but to laugh at that though. She was right. I didn’t expect to find out information on either man’s condoms, but having it was definitely interesting.

“So who do you want more?” Aimee asked. “And forget that JC has a girl. You want ribbed for extra pleasure or magnum man?”

It was then my turn to surprise her. “Actually, there’s no decision to be made.”

“What do you mean?”

I bit on my bottom lip and divulged the news. “After you left us alone, Matt asked me again to be his girlfriend. I didn’t turn him down this time.”

“You said ‘yes’!” She squealed.

“Mmhmm. I told him ‘yes’. I’m officially his girlfriend.”

“That’s awesome, Everly. I’m happy for you. I really am. I hope it just turns out well.”

I hoped it turned out well too. I felt good about my decision and hoped I’d made the right one.


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks again to everyone reading!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc producerjc