Author's Chapter Notes:
I'll post one chapter each hour leading up to midnight, when my post day ends. I hope you enjoy. I hope you review! Please!

“What the fuck?!?!” came the startled groan, the sheet wrestling, and the prompt fall from the bed to the ground. Quickly recovering, the form frantically fought to escape the plethora of sheets, covers, pillows and shams that had followed her to the floor. 

“Whoa there sunshine!” a laughing, deeper voice cautioned. Hands reached towards the mass, trying to help untangle the limbs and sheets. 

“Don’t touch me! Who are you?” the form shrieked and fought harder against her assailant and her capturer. 

“Fine, then I’ll sit here and watch you struggle for the next hour,” the male voice chuckled, before the creaking of the mattress was heard. After a series of growls and curses, which were all met with teasing laughter, a mess of auburn loose and wild waves emerged from the disaster. 

“Justin, what the hell are you doing?” she exclaimed, after her eyes adjusted to the bright bedroom and the laughing maniac sitting on her bed. 

“Right now, I’m laughing at you. Wow, you’re a wreck!” the owner of the taunting voice replied, hunching over as more laughter shook his shoulders. Reaching over from her place on the floor, Delia smacked his thigh in retaliation. 

“Thank you, Captain Obvious! I want to know what the hell you’re doing in my apartment at…” she began, leaning over to see the time on the clock on the other side of her bed. 

“Justin, it’s 3 in the fucking morning!” she exclaimed, seeing the glowing green numbers staring back at her. The brightness in her room came from the overhead light fixture that she was sure Justin had so unceremoniously switched on. 

“Yes, yes, I know. Time is of the essence, so chop chop,” it was like something had snapped within him, and he suddenly remembered the purpose of his early morning visit. 

“Chop, chop? What am I cooking?” Delia dumbly asked, confused at his hand motion, urging her to stand up. 

“Jeez woman, how long does it normally take you to function?” Justin paused with his arms on his hips looking down her, and being met with a glare. 

“Look, you ass, normally I’m not waken up at 3 in the damn morning. Now, what the hell are you talking about?” her patience was wearing out, quickly. 

“Nevermind. I’ll explain later. Come on, in the shower you go, you need to wake up,” he muttered, easily lifting her from the floor and tossing her over his shoulder. She was completely taken by surprise and before she could react, he’d set her down in the shower. Turning on the water, he quickly shut the shower door. Just in the nick of time to block out her shriek. 

“Now hurry up and get cleaned up,” he laughed, walking out of her small bathroom. Opening her closet doors, he stood there. His eyes traveled all over her very organized and well-arranged clothes. 

“Eh, she hates me already,” he shrugged before diving in like a maniac – taking things off the hangers, unfolding it, contemplating it, and either tossing it on the floor or onto the bed. In record time, he’d tossed his selections for her into a large suitcase that he’d rolled in from home. Laughing to himself, he knew that if he didn’t hurry and get out of her panty and bra drawer, she was going to murder him with one light-speed move. Finally, shoving the bathroom door open, he laughed as she shrieked once more. She stood in the bathtub with a towel hanging in front of her, covering the last bit of her modesty. 

“Sorry, I just need a few things. Here’s some clothes. Now, hurry up,” he explained tossing some clothes on top of the toilet lid. He quickly grabbed her a few things before she could ask any other questions. Watching him close the door once more, she hurried to get out and dressed. Drying off, she tossed the towel and pull on the clothes he’d set out for her.  

“He’s got a lot of explaining to do,” she mumbled seeing the not-so-casual-yet-casual clothes he’d set out. Quickly slipping the black tank top over her head, she opened the bathroom door and anger coursed through her veins. 

“Seriously, J!” she exclaimed, seeing the product of his rummaging through her closet. Clothes were strewn every which way and shoes lay all over her carpet. 

“You can yell at me in the car, come on,” Justin sighed, grabbing her hand and pulling her down the stairs and out her back door. Pausing only momentarily to lock her door, he ushered her to his Audi in the dark parking lot. 

“I don’t have on shoes, and it’s chilly,” Delia calmly explained, crossing her hands across her chest for effect. Looking over at her, he sighed and rolled his eyes. Getting out of the car, he popped the trunk and rummaged through the suitcase he’d loaded only minutes before. Grabbing the first pair of shoes and jacket that he saw, he rushed back into the car and tossed the items in her lap. 

“Really?” her nose scrunched up seeing the black stilettos in her lap and the black waist-length trench. The glare from his eyes silenced any further protest, and she reached down to put on the shoes. Maneuvering the jacket on, she sat in silence as Justin drove, speeding through the city. She quickly realized that he was making his way towards LAX, and her nerves settled. 

“You could’ve just let me drive you to the airport in my pajamas. Like I haven’t done that before,” Delia chuckled, remembering several instances when Justin’s had bitched and complained about her appearance. He insisted on flying in the middle of the damn night to avoid being seen, and she was not about to dress up for him. 

“Well, I could’ve let you do that if you really wanted to walk through the airport looking rough like always,” Justin replied, his shoulders shrugging and his eyes watching the road as he took the exit ramp. 

“Why would I walk through LAX?” she naively asked, unaware of the packed suitcase with her name on it in the trunk. 

“Because you and I are leaving on a jet, my dear,” Justin explained, easing the car into the long-term parking deck and quickly finding a space in the top levels. He hated having people parking too close to his car, so he rather walk a distance than risk someone scratching his baby. 

“What the hell? Dammit, J, I told you I wasn’t going on the promo tour with you. I have school,” Delia huffed, as she climbed out of the car and glared at Justin from across the car’s roof. 

“Promo doesn’t start for another two weeks and neither does your school, so just shut it. Can you hold all your questions until we get through to our flight?” Justin looked irritated now, and Delia silently celebrated. His face looked stressed, but his eyes pleaded understanding from her. 

Looking around at the empty parking lot and then down at her shoes, she sighed. Shrugging she pulled her purse from the floorboard before shutting her door. Justin popped the trunk open, and pulled two suitcases out. 

“You’re cleaning my closet,” she declared, grabbing the handle of the suitcase that he placed at her feet and tugging it along to the elevator. Pulling along his own suitcase and carry-on behind her, Justin followed all the while sending out a text to Trace, Rachel, and his mom. The elevator ride down to the main level was silent, and the walk across the drop-off zone and into the North terminal was equally silent. 

“Delta counter,” Justin called out as they walked in and Delia looked back him for direction. It was nearing four in the morning, and the airport was already busy. He’d spotted a few paparazzi hanging out across the terminal, but it didn’t seem like they’d noticed him yet. As they stood in line for the Delta counter, Justin kept an eye on the photographers. 

“You may want to put on shades,” Delia suggested, having spotted them as well. She pulled a spare pair from her purse that she always kept around for him. He always tended to forget his shades in the car, and so, she’d learned to keep a pair in her purse. Pulling her own out, she slipped them over her eyes. She was sure that she looked like death. It was 4 in the morning on a Saturday, and she refused to think about makeup. 

“Thank you,” Justin replied slipping the black shades over his eyes and pulling the bill of his black LA cap further down on his face. Adjusting the collar of his black leather jacket, he only needed to stay undetected until he got on the escalators. After that, it was security and then the paps had no further access to them. 

“I look like death thanks to you,” Delia complained, trying to unsuccessfully tame her drying waves. 

“No, you do not. You look pretty and refreshed,” Justin automatically replied, causing Delia to give him a weird look. “Ok, your hair looks pretty rough. Here, I think I saw a beanie in the front pocket.” 

Reaching down, he opened the small front pocket of her luggage and pulled out a black beanie. Tossing it to her, he zipped the pocket shut and stood up straight. 

“Must’ve left it in there after you forced me to go freeze my ass off in Aspen,” Delia gruffed before slipping the black knit beanie over her hair and smoothing it out. 

“Del, we went to Aspen in January. It’s now September! I think there’s been plenty of time for you to clean out your luggage since then,” Justin guffawed, playfully shaking his head. Delia chuckled slightly before shrugging and allowing Justin to walk around her up to the counter. She watched him take out a folded sheet of printed paper from his jean’s back pocket. Resting her hip on the counter, she kept an eye on the paps across the terminal and an ear on the conversation between Justin and the airline employee. 

“Your license,” he held his hand out to her, and she rummaged through her purse for her wallet. Pulling out her license, she handed it over to Justin and watched him hand the employee both their licenses and passports. Shaking her head, she admired the way he always thought of everything. 

Passport?!?! Oh shit, where am I going? crossed through her mind quickly, as she realized this meant she was going out of the country. She watched him collect their boarding passes and their suitcases were checked in and taken from them. 

“Come on, Del,” he urged, grabbing hold of her hand and pulling her along. She was not short by any means, but her long strides in stilettos were no match for his long strides. Doubling up her steps, she was able to come up beside him and keep up with his stride. Weaving their way through the increasing crowds, they kept their heads down as they reached the escalators. 

“Almost home free,” he whispered, his leg tapping as the escalator slowly climbed to the top. He dared to twist his head in their direction to see if he’d been spotted, but it was his fatal mistake. A buzz rose over the terminal noise as flashes set off in a frenzy. Twisting their bodies away from the flashes and cursing under their breath, Justin and Delia looked at each other. 

“We’re going to do this like a concert wardrobe change, got it?” Delia spoke, hushed and hurried. Justin nodded in understanding and they quickly stepped off the escalator as it reached the top. Shuffling towards the security scans, they each stood in a different line and shed their garments, emptied pockets, and walked through the scans. With no problem, they collected their jackets, hats, shades, carry-on and purse, and walked away quickly. 

Not daring to turn back, they could hear the paps calling out his name and the brightness of their flashes made their shadows dance on the walls. Turning one last corner, they knew they were free from cameras. 

“The shit I do for you, Timberlake,” Delia sighed, her stride slowing down and her breath regulating. 

“Don’t slow down now. They should start boarding in like ten minutes, so let’s go,” Justin urged, pulling her along once more. Rolling her eyes and moving her legs quicker, she allowed him to pull her along. And yet still, she was clueless to where she was going. Finally coming up to their gate, they heard the first boarding call. Hearing the destination, Delia’s eyes slammed down at the boarding pass in her hands. And there, staring back at her in monochromatic typed lettering, her destination taunted her. 

“Mauritius?” she breathed, as Justin pulled her in line behind him. Handing her pass to the flight attendant, he looked back at her and smiled. Handing over her pass as well, Delia remained speechless. 

“We have a bit of a layover à Paris, ma Cherie, mais oui,” he explained in a hushed tone, as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and lead her through the tunnel towards the plane. 

“Holy shit, Justin, why the hell are we going to Mauritius?” Delia was beyond confused. She shook her head clear of any thoughts, and looked over at him. Taking his arm off of her shoulders, Justin shrugged and buried his hands in his pockets. 

“I need a huge break before all this mayhem begins. Promo, Vegas, another movie, then promo for two movies, then whatever else, I just need a break,” Justin explained. She was going to respond, but they’d entered the aircraft now. Finding their seats, she watched Justin tuck his carry-on in the overhead compartment before offering her the window seat. He always explained that he rather deal with creepy people in the aisle seat then have her deal with them. A sweet gesture that she’d never classified as ‘sweet’ or ‘thoughtful’ until now. 

“Does anyone know?” she asked, settling into her seat and keeping her voice hushed. 

“I sent out an email with instructions for Carol for the next two weeks. I sent another one to mom, Trace, and Rachel. Nothing’s going to fall apart without me for a little while, they’ll be fine,” he explained. He’s taken off his shades and was now toying with them in his lap. 

“But, you didn’t tell them where you were going or for how long, huh?” she guessed. Lynn had once said that he’d done this before, before his first album had dropped. Nodding, he confirmed her inkling. 

“Why not Memphis?” she asked. He always went back home to detox and to recharge. 

“Not far enough,” he cracked with a shrug. Laughing, she took the answer and remained quiet. The silence remained as they heard the commotion of the rest of the passengers boarding. Listening to the pilot’s commentary and the flight attendant’s safety procedures, they said not one word. As the plane began its movement down the runway preparing for take-off, Justin looked over at Delia. 

“You’ve been too nonchalant about this, too complacent,” he noted. Turning to look at him with a small smile on her face, she shrugged. 

“When things became too much for me, what did I do? I spent my life savings on a getaway to Tibet, and what did you do?” Delia replied, urging him to answer her question. 

“I cancelled work for like a week and went with you,” Justin replied, his head dipping as he realized the meaning of her question. Laying a hand on his thigh, she lightly squeezed it to make him look up at her. 

“Well yes, but you were my friend and you were there for me. I’m just doing the same thing, except I can’t repay you for it like you did. And I am definitely not forgetting about you trashing my closet,” she joked, but she was serious. She was borderline OCD when it came to organization. And, he took the liberty of pushing her buttons for his entertainment – all the time. 

“I guess I can clean it up since we’ll be traveling for basically the next two days,” he mockingly relented, wincing when her hand slapped against his jean-clad thigh. 

“Dammit J, I’m in stilettos,” she whined, and he boisterously laughed. Hooking his arm around her shoulders he pulled her close to him, and hugged her awkwardly. She laughed as she buried her face into his shoulder, giving up her struggle. Wrapping her slender arms around him, he breathed deeply against the side of her head. Twisting his face, he kissed her hair, close to her temple, and held her closer. 

“Thank you,” he softly spoke, and her arms tightened around him.

Chapter End Notes:

Review! Review! Review!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers celebrityj justin