Past Featured StorySummary:

Sequel to Up Against the Wall.

At sixteen, Mackenzie Desrosiers has the world in the palm of her hand thanks in part to her ever growning choreography resume. When an unforeseen wrench gets thrown into her plans, she finds herself thrust into the spotlight that she had once been content to stay out of. No matter how busy she becomes she vows that the boys of *NSYNC will always come first, a fact that a powerful man in the world of entertainment becomes privy to. It’s not long before her life becomes a juggling act and she grasps onto anything that can give her an ounce of control. Even if that means taking some drastic measures.

"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel." --Carl W. Buechner


Rated: R
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: Season 7
Genres: Drama, General, Humor, Romance
Series: What's a Girl to Do?
Chapters: 39 Completed: No
Word count: 208338 Read: 88100
Published: Jul 08, 2010 Updated: Jul 26, 2016
Send To: Printer or Microsoft Word
Story Notes:

Sequel to Up Against the Wall. Part 3 of the What's a Girl to Do? series.

stories/1636/images/Something_Like_You_Banner.png

Thank you to those who nomiated me and voted for me in the NF Awards Season 7!

SLY won:

Innovative Original Character (Mack), Best Villain (Lou Peralman), and Ultimate Ending (JC finding condoms in Mack's bag). The What's a Girl to Do? series also won Best Series! Not only that but SLY is now a featured story!

Thank you a million times! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1. A Wedding and A Guest by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 11] (3401 words)

2. A Grocery Store and a Doctor by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 6] (5273 words)
Thanks for the reviews. I hope you enjoy this chapter as well.

3. Confessions of a Backstreet Boy by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 7] (5138 words)
Thank you so much for the reviews. I would've gotten this one out earlier but I was dealing with some personal things, some of which is touched on in this chapter. I'll explain at the end, enjoy! ^_^

4. Changes by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (4810 words)
Thanks a lot for the reviews. They make me smile.

5. My Christmas List by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 6] (4569 words)
Thanks for the reviews guys, they keep me motivated. Enjoy.

6. Hormones are Nothing But Trouble by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (5818 words)
Technically this is part 1 of chapter six. It was so long I had to split it up into three parts. Thanks so much for the reviews! ^_^

7. The Rosie Show by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (4122 words)
Technically part 2 of chapter six but it could be a chapter on it's own as well. Thanks for the reviews! Enjoy!

8. Frustrations by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (6383 words)
Finally i get the next chapter up. Thanks for the reviews, everyone! Enjoy!

9. BSB vs Mack vs 'N Sync by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 7] (4374 words)
Sorry it's been so long since I updated last. I hope this makes up for it.

10. Headstrong by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 6] (6332 words)

11. Memphis Part 1 by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 6] (5409 words)
Happy New Year everyone! Sorry it took me a bit to update. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

12. Memphis Part 2 by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (4222 words)
Ah, finally. Here's the next chapter. I hope you all enjoy and sorry for the long wait.

13. One Month Anniversary... by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 6] (7513 words)

Thanks for being patient guys! Enjoy! And thanks to jersey_tenn for beta-ing this chapter.

14. The Night that Started it All by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (5461 words)

15. Shot Through the Heart by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 6] (3497 words)
Thanks to widowswail for beta-ing!

16. Mumbo Jumbo, Hocus Pocus by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (3302 words)

17. The Green-Eyed Wonder by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 4] (5484 words)
Sorry for the wait. Here's the next one.

18. What the Hell? by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 4] (2565 words)

19. Backstreet's Back, all right? by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (8095 words)

20. You Think You Know but You Have No Idea by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (7414 words)
Here's a good angsty long one. Thanks for reading and reviewing.

21. Stop This Song (Lovesick Melody) Part 1 by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (7486 words)
Thanks for the reviews, guys. Keep 'em coming.

22. Stop This Song (Lovesick Melody) Part 2 by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 6] (9014 words)

23. Takeoffs and Landings by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (7222 words)
Whew, took a bit but I've finally updated. Please read and review. Warning: this is a tearjerker.

24. The Luck of the Irish Only Goes so Far by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 4] (4309 words)
Short(er), sweet, and to the point.

25. What Did I Ever Do to You? by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 4] (5831 words)

26. Ch-ch-ch-Changes by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 4] (3868 words)
Phew, it's been a while, sorry about that. Hope you have your tissues ready.

27. Thanks for Nothing by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 2] (1769 words)

28. That Bitch by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 3] (7339 words)
Geeze, sorry this chapter took so long to get up. I've had the document sitting open on my computer for days but I never had inspiration to finish it until now. I hope you all are still reading this story and enjoying it. Please leave a review.

29. Shady, shady, shady by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 2] (4922 words)
Phew! Sorry it took me so long to get this chapter up. I've been working on it for days and the next thing I knew it was time for eams. I only have one exam tomorrow. Wish me luck. Meanwhile, read this chapter and I hope you enjoy it.

30. Taking the Bull By the Horns by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 4] (6491 words)

31. Liar! (It Takes One to Know One) by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 6] (4518 words)

This update is long overdue. What can I say? Real life got in the way. As soon as classes started up again I wanted to give them my proper attention to be sure that I actually did well. Not that I don't but I was taking a history class on the civial war this semester and, well, let's just say that history isn't one of my favorite classes. After getting a not-so-stellar grade on my mind-term I forced myself to buckle down and I think it finally paid off. Now that it's the end fo the year I should have more time to dedicate to wringint my stories again. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and thanks to those who are still sticking with me and have been patient with me during my time of absence. This one's for you. =)

32. The Butterfly Effect by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (5481 words)

33. We're Teenagers, We Don't Know Anything by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 2] (6450 words)
And I'm finally back! I haven't updated since September!! That's far too long! Now, I'm done with my junior year of university tomorrow (woohoo!) so that means updates should be more regular as I have not found a job yet. (I still have my fingers crossed). But here's the next chapter in the mean time. Thank you all for being so patient with me.

34. That One Moment That Changes Everything by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 4] (3613 words)
Here's the next one! Enjoy!

35. It's my body and I'll use it how I want to by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 3] (2896 words)
*peeks out from underneath rock* I hope you all don't hate me for such a long absence. Life and such has gotten in the way but I'm back now! I miss writing the boys and getting into this headspace and they were partiucularly loud lately so voila! Here's the next chapter!

36. Tearin' Up My Heart by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 5] (5604 words)
Not going to say much here, I'll wait for your reactions at the end, haha. Enjoy!

37. Turn it Off by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 4] (5045 words)
Look at that! Another chapter already! I feel so proud getting this updated in such a short span of time, haha! I hope you enjoy!

38. Two Princes (Reprise) by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 6] (10367 words)
I'm on fire, baby! Here's another update for you guys! Also I tweaked the summary a bit to better fit the direction I'm taking it. Happy reading!

39. Extinguished by Mack_Attack22 [Comments - 4] (2931 words)
At least it didn't take me a year to update this time. Happy reading!