Author's Chapter Notes:

"You drive me crazy. (Why are you messin’ with my mind?) You drive me crazy. (Why are you tellin’ all these lies?) You drive me crazy. (Stop doin’ all these things to me) You drive me crazy. (‘Cause all I want is to be free)"

 

You drive me crazy

You drive me crazy

You drive me crazy

You drive me crazy

I'm feeling weak
I cannot sleep
My head is burning
I feel cold down to my feet
I wanna yell
somebody help
Is there a cure
For what I got
Somebody tell me

JC woke the next day with a headache worse than the day before, and he wasn’t even drunk that time. He didn’t know if it was because he spent the night pondering on how to break up with Bobbie officially or if it was because she talked his ear off all night because some chick stole a pair of boots from underneath her nose.

“Who gives a fuck?” JC really wanted to ask. “They’re just shoes.” But he knew better than to get her madder after a shopping ‘crisis’ as she calls it. His friends were lucky that they got out of the snoozefest by seeing a movie and whatever else they did. It didn’t matter to her, she used the time to not-so-subtly let JC know that she wanted to use as much of that time as possible, which was why he was now staring at her as she slept peacefully next to him and tried to think of a way to get her to leave before the others woke up.

He rubbed his eyes and rolled over to look at the clock. 7:25. He still had about an hour before they had to head on over to the studio to work on a few more dances before they were put on a few days break ‘cause Justin had to fly to New York to be on the Live with Regis and Kathy Lee show to promote his movie. They’d be joining him the next day and be in New York for the rest of the week for CD promotion. Finding time to dance between all of the promo would be hard so the time would be used to let Wade’s and Mack’s creative juices flow.

Rubbing his eyes, swung his legs over the side of the bed and reached for his boxers and pajama pants. Once he had pulled them on he checked if he woke up Bobbie before moving as quietly as possible out of the room. He pulled the door shut behind him, twisting the knob so he wouldn’t wake her up when it clicked.

He jumped about three feet in the air when he felt a finger poke him in the side. He whirled around and was sure his heart was about to beat its way out of his chest, and not because he got scared out of his wits. But because she was standing in front of him in a simple white tank and blue and black plaid lounge pants, her hair pulled back into a ponytail.

I need your lovin' face
Need your sweet embrace
'cus you are my only medicine

“What’re you sneaking around for?” She asked, raising an eyebrow. “You act like you’ve seen a ghost.”

‘That’d be the least of my worries.’ JC’s eyes shifted back and forth between his door and her face. “Uhh…”

“Wait, I know what is it,” she said as her eyes narrowed a little bit.

“You do?” JC gulped.

“Yeah…you’re hiding a puppy, right? Even after Johnny said no.” A smile formed on her face as her eyes sparkled with hope. JC gulped again and forced himself not to react but her eyes were so beautiful.

“Um, no. No puppy.” JC laughed nervously.

“Riiiight,” Mack replied, not entirely convinced. “Whatever. Put a shirt on and get ready. Since you’re all ready awake I figured you’d help me with breakfast.”

“Me? Why me?” He questioned, stalling for time as he racked his brain to try and think of a solution.

Mack made a scoffing sound as she lifted her arm which was still in its sling. “Last I checked you owe me.”

“Ok, Honey, I’ll be there in a few,” he replied.

“Good.” Mack nodded and moved down the hall. She stopped at the end, turned and said, “Don’t call me honey.”

He nodded, twisted the knob to his door and backed inside. He closed the door and jumped again, this time when he felt Bobbie’s arms wrap around his waist.

You drive me crazy
Why are you messing with my mind
You drive me crazy
Why are you telling all these lies
You drive me crazy
Stop doing all these things to me
You drive me crazy
'cus all I want is to be free

“What’re you doing?” JC asked, prying her hands off of him and rushing over to his dresser, pulling a drawer open so fast that it was pulled out the entire way and landed on the floor with a thud. He had barely noticed that she was wearing one of his t-shirts over her boy shorts.

“Surprising you,” she replied with a coy smile. “You don’t have to be at the dance studio for another hour, right?” She asked, walking over to her, draping her arms around his neck and resting her chin on his shoulder as he knelt by his drawer. “Want to do something…fun?” She asked seductively, lightly blowing on his ear. He felt a shiver roll down his spine as he twitched his head slightly, as if a fly were buzzing by his ear.

“I can’t,” he replied, moving away from her and pulling a shirt on. He quickly moved to the closet and grabbed a pair of basketball shorts. Bobbie sat on the bed and watched him move around getting his clothes on. “I got drafted into making breakfast.”

“Let someone else do it,” she pleaded, tilting her head so her brown hair cascaded over her right shoulder and she gave what she hoped was a sexy smile. “Please?”

“I can’t,” JC repeated, sliding a belt through his pants loops and securing them.

“Joshua, do you not want to be with me anymore?” She demanded, crossing her arms over her chest.

“No, it’s not that. It’s–”

“So be with me.” She was border-line whining now and her voice was only giving him another headache.

“Bobbie…” JC sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“Oh, I get it.” Bobbie suddenly glared.

“Get what?”

“This has to do with that…that girl.

JC rolled his eyes. “She has a name and I don’t appreciate you insulting someone I work with.”

Bobbie’s mouth fell open. “You’re defending her?” She hissed.

“Yes, because she can’t defend herself,” JC replied, opening his door.

“I think you should take that back!”

“And I think you should leave,” JC countered, leaving the room himself. He followed the sound of sizzling grease into the kitchen where Mack was scurrying around trying to get it ready. “Ok, I’ll take my punishment now,” JC said in a light tone as he forced a smile.

You're on my mind
I'm so uptight
I feel sensation
in my head down to my spine
Goin' insane
can't stand the pain
is my condition permanent
somebody tell me
I need your lovin' face
I need your sweet embrace
'cus you are my only medicine

“Good. I need you to crack some eggs and put it in that bowl and then I need you to check on the–shit!” She dropped a frying pan onto the stove and raced over to the toaster where smoke was billowing out of it. She forced the lever up and two blackened pieces of toast popped out. She managed to grab one piece before it hit the ground, only to throw it and scream in pain as it burned her fingers.

“Man, put some water on it,” JC said, rushing over to her. He grabbed her wrist and dragged her over to the sink, turning on the faucet with his free hand and sticking her hand under the water. She hissed at the sting but otherwise stayed silent.

“JC, you can let go now,” she mumbled after a few minutes. He blinked and looked down at her before looking at her hand. He mumbled an apology and let go. “’S all right,” she mumbled, reaching for the paper towel rack to dry her hand. JC reached for it at the same time and their hands brushed each other’s.

You drive me crazy
Why are you messing with my mind
You drive me crazy
Why are you telling all these lies
You drive me crazy
Stop doing all these things to me
You drive me crazy
'cus all I want is to be free

“Sorry.” JC quickly pulled his hand away and allowed her to rip a sheet of paper towel off of the roll herself. He turned his head away so she wouldn’t see him blush. ‘Damn her and her soft hands. So soft…I wonder what it would feel like if she..God! Stop, JC, stop!’

“JC, what’re you staring at?” He blinked and noticed that he was indeed staring at her, but he couldn’t help it. She was too beautiful and he was slowly finding it hard to resist her charms and her natural beauty.

He wanted to hold her delightfully pale face in his hands, staring into her shining blue eyes. He wanted t run his fingers through her silky black tresses. He wanted to kiss her small, soft lips so bad, but he knew he couldn’t.

And that killed him.

24/7 you are on my mind
I'm goin' crazy
You are the cure and you know
but you don't care
Girl you're driving me insane

“Is there something on my face?” She asked, reaching for the toaster to look at her reflection.

JC grabbed her wrist and smiled at the confused look on her face. “There’s nothing on your face. You’re perfect.” ‘Perfect indeed.’ Her lips twitched in the corner. He could tell that she was trying to stay mad at him for hurting her but he also knew his charm was having an effect on her. He licked his lips slowly as he looked into her eyes, two pools of blue that he got lost in every time. His heart hammered against his chest so hard he was surprised she couldn’t hear it.

His eyes trailed down to her plump pink lips. He had to kiss them, had to know what they tasted like. He licked his lips again, slowly leaning forward. She didn’t budge, just watched him carefully as he got closer. “JC–”

“Ssssh,” he muttered, cupping her face with his hands. “Don’t fight it, Honey.” ‘God, so close, and she’s not even fighting me. Maybe…maybe she wants this…’ The thought alone made him regret wearing basketball shorts. He could feel her shaky breath on his lips.

Can say what you want to
Do what you want to
As long as you love me girl
I won't front you
You're the sweetest thang
Lemme be your man
lemme hold your hand
or let me be your friend
Meanwhile, I'll set da house up on a hill
Girl as you know its all about da dollar bill
Girl I'll treat you like a queen, like a lady
Check out ya code
You drive me crazy

“Hey C. Come here for a second!” Lance’s voice broke JC of his trace. He took a slow breath in through his nose and exhaled as he backed away and dropped his hands from her face. He couldn’t look at her as he sped walked out of the kitchen. ‘He better have a damn good explanation for this!’

“What?” JC practically barked once he met up with Lance in the hallway.

“Justin called. He wanted to let us know that he has the hotel reservations figured out as well as flight times and our itinerary,” he replied.

JC stared at him, resisting the urge to punch him in the face for ruining his big moment. “Is that it?” JC asked through clenched teeth.

“Yeah, that’s it,” Lance replied before sniffing the air. “Is breakfast ready?”

“I don’t know. You can check. I’ll wake Joey and Chris.”

“Ok.”

You're always on my mind (always on my mind)
I need you all the time
so come and get with me
'cus darlin' you're the one I need (your the one I need)
someone to hold me tight
'cus I can't sleep at night (I can't sleep at night)
You are my fantasy
Girl you drive me crazy

'Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! I was so damn close!’ JC thought angrily as he went back into his room, slamming the door shut behind him. “Blocked by Lance of all people! Justin I expected, but Lance? Arrrgh!” He picked up a pillow and threw it across the room. It lightly hit the wall and fell harmlessly to the ground. It was then he noticed the note sitting on his bedside table. He let out a frustrated sigh and picked it up.

Joshua,

I went to New York. Once you check in tomorrow come to my room, 257. Don’t leave me waiting.

~XOXO Bobbie

JC crumpled the letter in his fist and turned to throw it away when he spotted another piece of paper on the ground. It looked as if it had been unfolded and refolded many times. He picked it up and scanned it, his eyes widening by the second. It was his credit card bill, and it was his outrageous one yet.

“That’s it. That’s the final straw. I gotta cut that girl off for good!”

You drive me crazy
Why are you messing with my mind
You drive me crazy
Why are you telling all these lies
You drive me crazy
Stop doing all these things to me
You drive me crazy
'cus all I want is to be free

“You commin’ C?” Joey asked, poking his head into JC’s room. “Whoa. What’s the matter?” he asked, noticing JC’s clenched jaw and the light shade of red his face took. He merely held out the piece of paper to Joey who quickly scanned it and whistled. “You’re just going to let her get away with this?”

“No way, man. She’s going to pay,” JC replied. “She’s going to pay it in full.”

“About time you realized what a thieving whore she was,” Joey said as he held the piece of paper out to JC who snatched it and squeezed it in his fist once more. “C’mon, breakfast smells good and if we don’t hurry Chris will eat it all.”

JC, reluctantly, followed Joey back out of his room, down the hall, and into the dining room where breakfast was set on the table. JC took his normal seat, next to Lance, across from Joey, and didn’t hesitate to dig in.

After all, he need as much energy as he could possibly get to act out on the thoughts of revenge that swam through his head.

Crazy
Why are you messin' with my mind
Crazy
why are you tellin all these lies
Crazy
You drive me crazy
Crazy
'Cus all I want is to be free
Crazy



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers affair unrequited missionary oral girlontop love bestfriendj firsttime nsasync challenge jealous triangles daddyjc brotherlylove breakupjc boyfriendjc originalcharacter