Story Notes:

stories/1636/images/No_strings_attached.jpg

 

stories/1636/images/fights1.png

 

Author's Chapter Notes:
"How can I get next to her? Now, tell me how it's gonna be done. Will I win or lose this one? (Don't care about the fact that) She's in a different league, they say it's no use that I try. That girl will never be mine."

JC stared at the Leo necklace that was around his neck. He lightly traced the lion’s head that was engraved in the white piece in black ink, a small smile on his lips. Ordinarily he would’ve politely accepted a gift such as this and then put it in a safe place to keep until he lost it. He always did that with gifts he received from family that he was too shy to say anything about. But this Leo necklace had a special place in his heart.

No, it wasn’t from his mother, his aunt, or his cousin. Actually, it wasn’t from anyone in his family at all. He thought back to the day he received the locket and a distant look filled his eyes. He had turned seventeen and everyone on set had thrown him a big party after the day was over. It was filled with the normal party games such as Pin the Tail on the Donkey––in this case Pin the Ears on the Mouse––and the breaking of a lion shaped piñata. It was accompanied by a cast and family game of Kickball and then a picnic provided by his mother.

He was pleasantly surprised by all of the gifts he received but the best one was the very same Leo necklace he was wearing. It was given to him by his current band mate, Justin and his best friend Mack. She wasn’t on the show but everyone treated her like she was because she was Justin’s friend and she visited a lot.

“It’s a Leo, because that’s the astrological sign you were born under,” Mack had explained, her blue eyes shining.

And because you’re the bravest person we’ve ever met,” Justin agreed, a big smile on his face.

JC was so touched that he never took his necklace off after that day. It was the most thoughtful gift he’s ever received. He’s always known that Justin looked up to him, heck, the curly haired boy followed him around set every day unless one of them was doing their sketch. The fact that Justin thought of him as brave was what made him hold onto necklace. Really, JC was constantly scared but covered it well. That’s why he was the perfectionist of *Nsync, that’s why he kept himself up for hours going over their rehearsals; because he didn’t want Justin’s idea of JC being brave to disappear.

“Hey, Beaverface, phone’s been ringing for the past five minutes!” Heather said as she barged into his room, holding the phone out to him, her free hand on her hip.

“Thanks,” JC said as he took the phone, ignoring her insult. She sat down on the end of his bed and watched him as he looked at the Caller ID before bring the phone to his ear. “Hey man, how’s it going?” He greeted the person on the other end.

“I’ve finally been more relaxed than I have since the CD’s been released,” Lance replied. “Over one million in one day? I still can’t believe it. It’s like a dream. I have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure that its real.”

“I know the feelin’ man,” JC sighed, a smile on his face.

“I hope I’m not catching you at a bad time.”

“Nah, man. Just sitting here thinking. What’s up?”

“Johnny called. He’s planning on getting another tour set up. He wants us back in Orlando so we can make a set list; think of a stage, stuff like that. He’s aiming on having the tour start in early May.”

“Two months!?” JC gasped. They worked hard almost year ‘round. They finally had a few weeks of relaxation only to be thrust back into JC’s world, as the other boys liked to call it. He had to admit that his vacation didn’t really feel like one. He spent a majority of the time working, true, but not *Nsync work.

It was girlfriend work. He’s been fighting with his girlfriend, Bobbie Thomas, over the phone for days and it was starting to tire him out. He didn’t know why he kept going back to her. Actually, that’s a lie. He kept going back because she was a really good fuck and he hasn’t gotten any in a while. She was using him for his money and he was using her for sex, in his opinion it was a good deal.

“I know, I felt the same way, but we can do it. I know we can,” Lance calmly continued. “So, we all have to be in Orlando tomorrow. Johnny arranged it so we’re staying at this compound together.”

“Five of us under one roof? Just like old times,” JC laughed.

Lance’s bass laugh was heard on the other end. “Yeah, we have to deal with Justin and Chris bickering like an old married couple.”

“I can’t say I missed that.” JC sighed. “All right man. I’ll be on the earliest flight possible tomorrow. Are you all ready there?”

“Yeah, you’re the only one who isn’t.”

“Good, now you can pick me up at the airport ‘cause I have no clue in hell where I’m going.”

“Will do man. Enjoy your day.”

“You too, bye.”

“What’s up?” Heather asked as JC hung up the phone.

“I have to go to Orlando tomorrow,” he replied, running a hand over his spiked hair. “Tour preparation. Johnny wants the tour to start in May.”

“May!?” She repeated. “Joshie, that’s only two months away.”

“I know. That’s why we’re going to have to really work the next two months so if I don’t return a call right away then that’s your reason why.” He crossed the room and pulled his suitcase out of his closet, dragging it over to his dresser. He then opened his drawers, scooped up some clothes, and dropped them into his suitcase.

“No! Joshua Chasez, you stop right there!” Heather cried out, jumping off of the bed. “You can’t just drop your clothes into a suitcase like that. It won’t close. Move over and let a girl do this.” He held up his hands and backed away as she dumped his clothes onto the floor and proceed to pick up a shirt, fold it, and put it into the suitcase.

Grinning to himself, he left the room and went down the stairs. His brother, Tyler, was sitting on the couch, watching a football game on TV. JC called a greeting to him which Tyler replied with a grunt. JC moved into the kitchen where his parents were sipping coffee and reading the newspaper.

“Morning,” JC greeted them before kissing Karen’s cheek.

“You’re awake early,” Karen noted, watching JC pour himself a cup of coffee. He looked up at her. “You’re usually not awake before twelve and it’s ten.” She frowned. “Are you sick? Let me feel your forehead.”

“I’m fine, Mom, really,” JC laughed, putting the coffee pot back on the heating plate. He took a large sip of coffee before putting the mug down and crossing his arms over his chest. “Lance just called. I have to go back to Orlando. Tour planning is starting because Johnny wants the tour to start in May.” Both Karen and Roy shot looks at him and he shrugged. “I know, I was shocked too. I have to leave tomorrow to make it to Orlando on time.”

“Do you need any help packing?” Roy asked.

JC chuckled. “No, I have Heather doing it for me.” Roy started laughing and Karen playfully swatted his arm. “It’s not my fault she’s such a perfectionist.”

“I wonder where she got it from,” Roy commented sarcastically. JC shot him a look and took another sip from his mug. He then grabbed his keys off of the counter and headed towards the front door. “Where are you going, son?”

“Going for a drive. I’m going to need my last few moments of peace and quiet,” he replied before closing the front door behind him. “God knows I’m going to get an earful from Bobbie,” he muttered once the door was closed.

~*~*~*~

JC stretched his arms over his head and let out a big yawn. He had barley gotten any sleep before the pilot’s voice woke him up telling him that they were about to touch down in Florida. He spent a majority of the three hour flight whispering harsh words into his phone. He hadn’t started their argument that time; Bobbie tugged at his nerves when she started accusing him of not putting in enough effort to see her.

JC eventually hung up on her and put his phone on vibrate so he could properly ignore her calls and look forward to being with the guys again. He really needed to be around some testosterone for a while and be able to do something stupid without having to be yelled at for it.

He chuckled at the thought all ready knowing that he’d easily be proven wrong. With Mack hanging around it wouldn’t be possible for him to go a day without being yelled at for something. Not that he didn’t like her around––they could carry on a decent conversation on one of her good days––it’s that he didn’t known when it was her good day so he had to approach her with caution.

We are about to begin our ascent. Please fasten your seatbelts and thank you for choosing to fly American Airlines.”

JC looked out the window and smiled at the familiar feeling that washed over him when he landed back in Maryland. He was home. He could fall back into the normal routine of dancing, singing, writing, and being called a spoils-sport by the other guys. He actually missed being called names and being made fun of. He missed not getting a joke until five minutes after it was delivered. He missed being around his brothers.

He thanked the stewardess with a smile and got off the plane recharged with energy. Whistling, he made his way to the baggage claim, stopping a couple of times to sign autographs for a few fans. He made sure to keep a smile on his face despite wanting to just head on over to the compound so he could feel right at home.

“Try a disguise next time.” JC grinned at Lance as he lifted his carryon bag onto his back. He stepped over to his friend and gave him a hug. “How was your flight?” Lance asked as the two made their way to baggage claim.

“Stressful,” JC replied.

“Don’t tell me, you had a lot of work to do?”

“You’re one to talk!” JC laughed. “Mr. Business Man. You’re on your phone more than anyone I know.”

“Touché.” Lance waited for JC to grab his suitcase from baggage claim and walked him out of the airport. JC pulled a hat out of his suitcase and pulled it low over his head so they wouldn’t get stopped to sign any more autographs. Not that he didn’t want to sign autographs for the fans, he just really wanted to see his friends. Even being away for a few weeks took its toll on him.

The car ride to the compound was quiet except for the music coming out of the radio which was currently on the Radio Disney station. JC didn’t even question it, he just smiled at the familiar scenery that flashed by them.

JC practically jumped out of the car when Lance pulled into the driveway of the compound. He stood by the passenger door, leaning against the roof of the car as he took in the sight. The front yard was filled with bright green grass and it had a small pond to the left of it along with a large tree casting shade over the house.

“The backyard is better,” Lance said as if reading his mind while he removed his sunglasses. “A basketball court and a pool, like always, but the pool has this cool waterfall effect and it has a swim-up juice bar.”

“To make us even lazier. Johnny knows us so well,” JC joked. Lance chuckled and opened the trunk of the car and pulled out JC’s suitcase. JC grabbed it and followed Lance through the front door of the compound.

“C! YOU’RE FINALLY HERE!” Chris’ voice reached JC’s ears before he was knocked over by the found of Chris’ tackle. “Man, what took you so long? This place is awesome, isn’t it? Can you believe we’re going on tour in two short months?”

“Breathe, Chris!” Lance shouted, pulling Chris away from JC so he could get to his feet. “He just got here; let him chill for a bit.” He grasped JC’s elbow and pulled him to his feet before leading him into the large kitchen.

“Where are–?”

“Joey’s with Kelly and Justin and Mack are in the backyard playing basketball to see who has to unpack the other’s stuff,” Lance explained as if it were the most normal thing in the world. JC wasn’t really shocked about them resorting to basketball to solve an argument; they’ve done weirder things before. “Want a smoothie? It’s freshly made.”

“Sure, sounds good.” JC sat down on a stool at the island as Lance poured him a glass of the pink liquid. He felt his pocket vibrate and checked his phone. He sighed and put it down on the counter and held his chin up with his hands as he watched Lance stick a little umbrella in his drink and slide the glass to him.

“You aren’t going to answer that?” Lance questioned.

“Nope,” JC replied before taking a large sip of the smoothie. He licked away his strawberry mustache and chewed the strawberry chunk.

“Are you and Bobbie fighting again?”

“You’re still dating that bitch?” Justin demanded, coming into the kitchen via the sliding glass door. A basketball was in his hands and his forehead was shining with sweat. He poured the rest of the smoothie into another glass and drained it. “Salve yourself the trouble and break up with her all ready.”

JC tapped his fingers on the island countertop. “It’s complicated,” he replied, shrugging.

Why are you still with her?” Justin demanded before letting out a loud burp.

JC shrugged again. “I can get laid now.”

“And she steals your money so you’re basically paying her to sleep with you,” Justin said as a grin tugged at the corner of his mouth. “I get it now, you’re dating a whore.”

“Whatever man,” JC said as he shook his head. He pulled another strawberry chunk out of his smoothie glass and started chewing it. “Where’s Mack?”

“Aww, did you miss me Josh?” JC turned around at the laughter-filled voice and almost choked on his strawberry at what he saw. It’s amazing how much Mack seemed to grow up in the past few weeks. She was standing behind the guys; hands on her hips, her eyes were locked on the now empty blender. Her jet black hair as pulled back into a ponytail but her bangs fell into her eyes. Her bangs were now dyed blue so they matched her eyes. JC couldn’t help but let his eyes wander over her. Her flat stomach was exposed because she was wearing only a sports bra and shorts. Her slightly sculpted abs was put on display, her pants low on her hips. JC lifted his eyes to her face to see that cute annoyed look that he loved. “God, you finished the smoothie all ready? And you didn’t bother leaving me any?”

“You can make more,” Justin pointed out. “Can you make a peach flavored one this time? I’m sure JC won’t choke on that one.”

“Haha,” JC muttered with an eyeroll. “How was Memphis?” As Justin launched into a story about Trace and a mechanical bull he kept his eyes on the eighteen-year-old as she moved around the kitchen, getting the ingredients for the smoothie. ‘She still has that perfect ass.’ JC absentmindedly licked his lips as he watched Mack bending over to get the peaches out of the bottom drawer of the refrigerator.

Just like that, JC knew working with her would be hard on him. He knew he would not be able to concentrate on any dance combination with her hypnotizing body. It’s amazing how he had everything he ever wanted in his grasp, except for her. She’s the only thing he wouldn’t be able to get.

But JC loved a challenge, and with Bobbie hanging around, a challenge it will be.

Chapter End Notes:

Characters:

JCJC

BobbieBobbie

MackMack

JustinJustin

LanceLance

ChrisChris

JoeyJoey



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers affair unrequited missionary oral girlontop love bestfriendj firsttime nsasync challenge jealous triangles daddyjc brotherlylove breakupjc boyfriendjc originalcharacter