Lucky by jersey_tenn
Summary:

“…And so I'm sailing through the sea
To an island where we'll meet…”
 

When the going gets rough, who soothes your worries? When your heart’s broken, who mends it for you? And when your world’s spinning, who hold you steady? 

Justin needs to get away before his life is turned upside down. The media has yet to catch wind that his relationship to Jessica Biel is finished. He decides to skip town and pulls along his best friend, Delia. He was there for her when she needed to escape, and it’s her turn to return the favor.

 

Despite years of friendship, this trip is a first for them. They’re on borrowed time, and in the insanity of regaining sanity, love is unearthed and destinies are fulfilled.
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: Pop!Tober Fiction Writing Challenge
Challenges: Pop!Tober Fiction Writing Challenge
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 14657 Read: 17322 Published: Oct 13, 2010 Updated: Oct 18, 2010

1. Chapter 1 by jersey_tenn

2. Chapter 2 by jersey_tenn

3. Chapter 3 by jersey_tenn

4. Chapter 4 by jersey_tenn

5. Chapter 5 by jersey_tenn

6. Chapter 6 by jersey_tenn

7. Images by jersey_tenn

Chapter 1 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
I'll post one chapter each hour leading up to midnight, when my post day ends. I hope you enjoy. I hope you review! Please!

“What the fuck?!?!” came the startled groan, the sheet wrestling, and the prompt fall from the bed to the ground. Quickly recovering, the form frantically fought to escape the plethora of sheets, covers, pillows and shams that had followed her to the floor. 

“Whoa there sunshine!” a laughing, deeper voice cautioned. Hands reached towards the mass, trying to help untangle the limbs and sheets. 

“Don’t touch me! Who are you?” the form shrieked and fought harder against her assailant and her capturer. 

“Fine, then I’ll sit here and watch you struggle for the next hour,” the male voice chuckled, before the creaking of the mattress was heard. After a series of growls and curses, which were all met with teasing laughter, a mess of auburn loose and wild waves emerged from the disaster. 

“Justin, what the hell are you doing?” she exclaimed, after her eyes adjusted to the bright bedroom and the laughing maniac sitting on her bed. 

“Right now, I’m laughing at you. Wow, you’re a wreck!” the owner of the taunting voice replied, hunching over as more laughter shook his shoulders. Reaching over from her place on the floor, Delia smacked his thigh in retaliation. 

“Thank you, Captain Obvious! I want to know what the hell you’re doing in my apartment at…” she began, leaning over to see the time on the clock on the other side of her bed. 

“Justin, it’s 3 in the fucking morning!” she exclaimed, seeing the glowing green numbers staring back at her. The brightness in her room came from the overhead light fixture that she was sure Justin had so unceremoniously switched on. 

“Yes, yes, I know. Time is of the essence, so chop chop,” it was like something had snapped within him, and he suddenly remembered the purpose of his early morning visit. 

“Chop, chop? What am I cooking?” Delia dumbly asked, confused at his hand motion, urging her to stand up. 

“Jeez woman, how long does it normally take you to function?” Justin paused with his arms on his hips looking down her, and being met with a glare. 

“Look, you ass, normally I’m not waken up at 3 in the damn morning. Now, what the hell are you talking about?” her patience was wearing out, quickly. 

“Nevermind. I’ll explain later. Come on, in the shower you go, you need to wake up,” he muttered, easily lifting her from the floor and tossing her over his shoulder. She was completely taken by surprise and before she could react, he’d set her down in the shower. Turning on the water, he quickly shut the shower door. Just in the nick of time to block out her shriek. 

“Now hurry up and get cleaned up,” he laughed, walking out of her small bathroom. Opening her closet doors, he stood there. His eyes traveled all over her very organized and well-arranged clothes. 

“Eh, she hates me already,” he shrugged before diving in like a maniac – taking things off the hangers, unfolding it, contemplating it, and either tossing it on the floor or onto the bed. In record time, he’d tossed his selections for her into a large suitcase that he’d rolled in from home. Laughing to himself, he knew that if he didn’t hurry and get out of her panty and bra drawer, she was going to murder him with one light-speed move. Finally, shoving the bathroom door open, he laughed as she shrieked once more. She stood in the bathtub with a towel hanging in front of her, covering the last bit of her modesty. 

“Sorry, I just need a few things. Here’s some clothes. Now, hurry up,” he explained tossing some clothes on top of the toilet lid. He quickly grabbed her a few things before she could ask any other questions. Watching him close the door once more, she hurried to get out and dressed. Drying off, she tossed the towel and pull on the clothes he’d set out for her.  

“He’s got a lot of explaining to do,” she mumbled seeing the not-so-casual-yet-casual clothes he’d set out. Quickly slipping the black tank top over her head, she opened the bathroom door and anger coursed through her veins. 

“Seriously, J!” she exclaimed, seeing the product of his rummaging through her closet. Clothes were strewn every which way and shoes lay all over her carpet. 

“You can yell at me in the car, come on,” Justin sighed, grabbing her hand and pulling her down the stairs and out her back door. Pausing only momentarily to lock her door, he ushered her to his Audi in the dark parking lot. 

“I don’t have on shoes, and it’s chilly,” Delia calmly explained, crossing her hands across her chest for effect. Looking over at her, he sighed and rolled his eyes. Getting out of the car, he popped the trunk and rummaged through the suitcase he’d loaded only minutes before. Grabbing the first pair of shoes and jacket that he saw, he rushed back into the car and tossed the items in her lap. 

“Really?” her nose scrunched up seeing the black stilettos in her lap and the black waist-length trench. The glare from his eyes silenced any further protest, and she reached down to put on the shoes. Maneuvering the jacket on, she sat in silence as Justin drove, speeding through the city. She quickly realized that he was making his way towards LAX, and her nerves settled. 

“You could’ve just let me drive you to the airport in my pajamas. Like I haven’t done that before,” Delia chuckled, remembering several instances when Justin’s had bitched and complained about her appearance. He insisted on flying in the middle of the damn night to avoid being seen, and she was not about to dress up for him. 

“Well, I could’ve let you do that if you really wanted to walk through the airport looking rough like always,” Justin replied, his shoulders shrugging and his eyes watching the road as he took the exit ramp. 

“Why would I walk through LAX?” she naively asked, unaware of the packed suitcase with her name on it in the trunk. 

“Because you and I are leaving on a jet, my dear,” Justin explained, easing the car into the long-term parking deck and quickly finding a space in the top levels. He hated having people parking too close to his car, so he rather walk a distance than risk someone scratching his baby. 

“What the hell? Dammit, J, I told you I wasn’t going on the promo tour with you. I have school,” Delia huffed, as she climbed out of the car and glared at Justin from across the car’s roof. 

“Promo doesn’t start for another two weeks and neither does your school, so just shut it. Can you hold all your questions until we get through to our flight?” Justin looked irritated now, and Delia silently celebrated. His face looked stressed, but his eyes pleaded understanding from her. 

Looking around at the empty parking lot and then down at her shoes, she sighed. Shrugging she pulled her purse from the floorboard before shutting her door. Justin popped the trunk open, and pulled two suitcases out. 

“You’re cleaning my closet,” she declared, grabbing the handle of the suitcase that he placed at her feet and tugging it along to the elevator. Pulling along his own suitcase and carry-on behind her, Justin followed all the while sending out a text to Trace, Rachel, and his mom. The elevator ride down to the main level was silent, and the walk across the drop-off zone and into the North terminal was equally silent. 

“Delta counter,” Justin called out as they walked in and Delia looked back him for direction. It was nearing four in the morning, and the airport was already busy. He’d spotted a few paparazzi hanging out across the terminal, but it didn’t seem like they’d noticed him yet. As they stood in line for the Delta counter, Justin kept an eye on the photographers. 

“You may want to put on shades,” Delia suggested, having spotted them as well. She pulled a spare pair from her purse that she always kept around for him. He always tended to forget his shades in the car, and so, she’d learned to keep a pair in her purse. Pulling her own out, she slipped them over her eyes. She was sure that she looked like death. It was 4 in the morning on a Saturday, and she refused to think about makeup. 

“Thank you,” Justin replied slipping the black shades over his eyes and pulling the bill of his black LA cap further down on his face. Adjusting the collar of his black leather jacket, he only needed to stay undetected until he got on the escalators. After that, it was security and then the paps had no further access to them. 

“I look like death thanks to you,” Delia complained, trying to unsuccessfully tame her drying waves. 

“No, you do not. You look pretty and refreshed,” Justin automatically replied, causing Delia to give him a weird look. “Ok, your hair looks pretty rough. Here, I think I saw a beanie in the front pocket.” 

Reaching down, he opened the small front pocket of her luggage and pulled out a black beanie. Tossing it to her, he zipped the pocket shut and stood up straight. 

“Must’ve left it in there after you forced me to go freeze my ass off in Aspen,” Delia gruffed before slipping the black knit beanie over her hair and smoothing it out. 

“Del, we went to Aspen in January. It’s now September! I think there’s been plenty of time for you to clean out your luggage since then,” Justin guffawed, playfully shaking his head. Delia chuckled slightly before shrugging and allowing Justin to walk around her up to the counter. She watched him take out a folded sheet of printed paper from his jean’s back pocket. Resting her hip on the counter, she kept an eye on the paps across the terminal and an ear on the conversation between Justin and the airline employee. 

“Your license,” he held his hand out to her, and she rummaged through her purse for her wallet. Pulling out her license, she handed it over to Justin and watched him hand the employee both their licenses and passports. Shaking her head, she admired the way he always thought of everything. 

Passport?!?! Oh shit, where am I going? crossed through her mind quickly, as she realized this meant she was going out of the country. She watched him collect their boarding passes and their suitcases were checked in and taken from them. 

“Come on, Del,” he urged, grabbing hold of her hand and pulling her along. She was not short by any means, but her long strides in stilettos were no match for his long strides. Doubling up her steps, she was able to come up beside him and keep up with his stride. Weaving their way through the increasing crowds, they kept their heads down as they reached the escalators. 

“Almost home free,” he whispered, his leg tapping as the escalator slowly climbed to the top. He dared to twist his head in their direction to see if he’d been spotted, but it was his fatal mistake. A buzz rose over the terminal noise as flashes set off in a frenzy. Twisting their bodies away from the flashes and cursing under their breath, Justin and Delia looked at each other. 

“We’re going to do this like a concert wardrobe change, got it?” Delia spoke, hushed and hurried. Justin nodded in understanding and they quickly stepped off the escalator as it reached the top. Shuffling towards the security scans, they each stood in a different line and shed their garments, emptied pockets, and walked through the scans. With no problem, they collected their jackets, hats, shades, carry-on and purse, and walked away quickly. 

Not daring to turn back, they could hear the paps calling out his name and the brightness of their flashes made their shadows dance on the walls. Turning one last corner, they knew they were free from cameras. 

“The shit I do for you, Timberlake,” Delia sighed, her stride slowing down and her breath regulating. 

“Don’t slow down now. They should start boarding in like ten minutes, so let’s go,” Justin urged, pulling her along once more. Rolling her eyes and moving her legs quicker, she allowed him to pull her along. And yet still, she was clueless to where she was going. Finally coming up to their gate, they heard the first boarding call. Hearing the destination, Delia’s eyes slammed down at the boarding pass in her hands. And there, staring back at her in monochromatic typed lettering, her destination taunted her. 

“Mauritius?” she breathed, as Justin pulled her in line behind him. Handing her pass to the flight attendant, he looked back at her and smiled. Handing over her pass as well, Delia remained speechless. 

“We have a bit of a layover à Paris, ma Cherie, mais oui,” he explained in a hushed tone, as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and lead her through the tunnel towards the plane. 

“Holy shit, Justin, why the hell are we going to Mauritius?” Delia was beyond confused. She shook her head clear of any thoughts, and looked over at him. Taking his arm off of her shoulders, Justin shrugged and buried his hands in his pockets. 

“I need a huge break before all this mayhem begins. Promo, Vegas, another movie, then promo for two movies, then whatever else, I just need a break,” Justin explained. She was going to respond, but they’d entered the aircraft now. Finding their seats, she watched Justin tuck his carry-on in the overhead compartment before offering her the window seat. He always explained that he rather deal with creepy people in the aisle seat then have her deal with them. A sweet gesture that she’d never classified as ‘sweet’ or ‘thoughtful’ until now. 

“Does anyone know?” she asked, settling into her seat and keeping her voice hushed. 

“I sent out an email with instructions for Carol for the next two weeks. I sent another one to mom, Trace, and Rachel. Nothing’s going to fall apart without me for a little while, they’ll be fine,” he explained. He’s taken off his shades and was now toying with them in his lap. 

“But, you didn’t tell them where you were going or for how long, huh?” she guessed. Lynn had once said that he’d done this before, before his first album had dropped. Nodding, he confirmed her inkling. 

“Why not Memphis?” she asked. He always went back home to detox and to recharge. 

“Not far enough,” he cracked with a shrug. Laughing, she took the answer and remained quiet. The silence remained as they heard the commotion of the rest of the passengers boarding. Listening to the pilot’s commentary and the flight attendant’s safety procedures, they said not one word. As the plane began its movement down the runway preparing for take-off, Justin looked over at Delia. 

“You’ve been too nonchalant about this, too complacent,” he noted. Turning to look at him with a small smile on her face, she shrugged. 

“When things became too much for me, what did I do? I spent my life savings on a getaway to Tibet, and what did you do?” Delia replied, urging him to answer her question. 

“I cancelled work for like a week and went with you,” Justin replied, his head dipping as he realized the meaning of her question. Laying a hand on his thigh, she lightly squeezed it to make him look up at her. 

“Well yes, but you were my friend and you were there for me. I’m just doing the same thing, except I can’t repay you for it like you did. And I am definitely not forgetting about you trashing my closet,” she joked, but she was serious. She was borderline OCD when it came to organization. And, he took the liberty of pushing her buttons for his entertainment – all the time. 

“I guess I can clean it up since we’ll be traveling for basically the next two days,” he mockingly relented, wincing when her hand slapped against his jean-clad thigh. 

“Dammit J, I’m in stilettos,” she whined, and he boisterously laughed. Hooking his arm around her shoulders he pulled her close to him, and hugged her awkwardly. She laughed as she buried her face into his shoulder, giving up her struggle. Wrapping her slender arms around him, he breathed deeply against the side of her head. Twisting his face, he kissed her hair, close to her temple, and held her closer. 

“Thank you,” he softly spoke, and her arms tightened around him.

End Notes:

Review! Review! Review!

Chapter 2 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
Come on! I need fuel! Review! Review! Review!

“Are you hungry?” Justin asked, leading Delia through the tunnel back into the Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport terminal. It was almost 2pm on Sunday afternoon, and their flight had just landed in Paris. 

“I could eat, yeah,” Delia replied, masking a yawn behind her hand. She’d hoped to catch up on some sleep on the flight, but that hadn’t happened. Justin wanted to talk to her, and they’d pretty much chatted the entire flight. After almost seven years of friendship, Delia couldn’t remember the last time that they’d spent so many hours just talking about anything and everything. 

“I’m starving, and I think we have like three hours before the next flight,” he replied, tossing a glance back at her. She nodded in agreement and continued following him. There were smiling flight attendants greeting the passengers as they exited the tunnel at the gate, and then there was a frenzy of people rushing to connecting flights or baggage claim. 

“Let’s get customs out the way, then we’ll find some croissants or something,” Justin joked in his horrible French accent. It was reminiscent of his Jacques Grande character, and it simply made Delia chuckled loudly. Following the signs towards customs, they stood in line for about half an hour. Finally, pushing through the crowd and holding onto his hand, Delia led them through the terminal and followed the signs towards baggage claim. 

“Do you know where you’re headed?” Justin asked, holding tightly to her hand and trying to keep his head down to avoid being seen. 

“Would you like to guide us?” Delia smirked, knowing that his knowledge of French was way limited. Coming to a stop, she motioned for him to lead. Standing behind Justin as he stood there looking every which way, she tried her hardest not to laugh. 

“Oh zip it, come on, take me to the food,” he groaned, tugging her arm. Laughing, she shook her head and walked on. The clicking of her stilettos was muffled by the buzz of people’s chit chat. Finding her way towards baggage claim, Delia found the food court. 

“What do you want?” she asked as they stood shoulder-to-shoulder looking at the variety of restaurants. She really wasn’t all that hungry, but she knew she needed to eat, especially, because they still had about another fourteen hours of traveling ahead of them. 

“I don’t know. Pick something for me, I need to go use the restroom,” he shrugged and walked away. Her jaw dropped slightly, before shaking her head and watching him walk away. 

“What an ass!” she laughed. He always did this. He could never pick a place. He’d say that it was too difficult to choose, so she’d give him options. And in the end, she’d still end up making the decisions. His inability to make up his mind on the most mundane things amused her. 

Donnez-moi deux quiche lorraines, un tarte de fraise, et deux thés de grenade, s'il vous plait,” she spoke to the gentleman behind the counter. She’d probably end up giving half her quiche to Justin anyway, but that strawberry tarte was all hers. Paying for it, she stepped off to the side and waited patiently. 

“You know, I’m really glad I kidnapped you and not Trace,” Justin spoke up behind her as she stood waiting for her order to be called. Laughing, she rolled her eyes and looked at him for an explanation. 

“And why is that smartass?” she questioned, unfolding her arms from her chest. 

“You’re much nicer to look at,” he shamelessly flirted, and she simply laughed it off. She was used to his flirty comments, and she’d become immune to them after so many years. She always laughed when women swooned at him, and he did it for the effect as well. 

“Shut your trap, Timberlake,” she walked off towards the counter. Accepting the bagged meals and the two cups of pomegranate tea, she thanked the employee before turning to Justin. He took the two drinks from her hands, and they walked around looking for an available table. 

“You should really watch how loud you say my name. Are you in the mood to run from a mob in those shoes?” Justin questioned, and Delia mockingly glared at him. She absolutely hated being hushed, even if she understood the circumstances.

“What’d you get?” 

“Quiche Lorraine,” she shrugged and began to empty the contents of the bag onto the table. Rubbing his hands together in anticipation, Justin reached for a wrapped entrée and went to town, devouring it. 

“My goodness, will I need to go get more?” she laughed, unwrapping her own and digging into it, with a bit more grace than Justin. He shrugged, but continued eating. Enjoying their food, not much was said. Delia found it weird to be inside the airport, eating, and still wearing shades. But, she understood that because Justin was traveling without any security, precautionary measures had to be taken. Even though the media didn’t know her by name, fans knew her face. If she was recognized, it would lead to Justin being recognized. And, that could lead to mayhem. 

“You should wear beanies more often. You’re looking cute, très chic,” he said after a bit. Her eyes rose from where they’d been eyeing the strawberry tarte calling her name. 

“Well, thank you. But, I have to credit my incredible stylist, Randall,” she smirked and he scrunched his nose. “I almost fear seeing what you packed for me.” 

“I packed things that were in your closet, so if you fear that, then you need to revamp your wardrobe,” he shrugged, taking a sip of his tea. “You’ve got to be the only person that can make me drink pomegranate tea.” 

“And your mother loves me for it,” Delia smiled, thinking of all the times Lynn had expressed gratitude for making sure that Justin was taken care of when she was away. 

“And Jessica hated you for it,” Justin laughed, before the past tense of his statement hit him. It’d been only a couple of weeks since he’d finally pulled the plug on the almost four year relationship. 

“One of the many things that made her dislike me,” Delia ignored the tense look that crossed over Justin’s face. She was never the one to baby him, always making sure that he approached each issue head-on. And, she was only waiting until they got to wherever to tackle this subject with him. She’d been just as surprised as probably Jessica to find out about the break-up, and she knew that Justin needed to overcome the break-up before the media grabbed hold of the news. 

“You always ignored it, though,” he said softly, referring to Delia turning a deaf ear to Jessica’s comments or actions. 

“I’m your friend, and I didn’t need more friends,” she shrugged, and he laughed. A laugh that caused him to throw his head back with jubilance. 

“Your loud ass is gonna get us found. You know your fans know everything, even the way your sneezes and farts sound,” Delia hushed him, smacking his arm. He arched an eyebrow at her comment before chuckling once more. 

“Have Trace or Lynn replied to your email? I bet they’re freaking out right about now,” Delia asked, once the laughter subsided. 

“I haven’t checked, and I think I’ll wait until we get to Mauritius. I just don’t want to know,” he shrugged, moving the straw in his iced tea around and around. 

“I agree. So, how’d you come up with Mauritius? I didn’t even think you’d heard of it,” she quipped and he sarcastically laughed. 

“I went online and searched for the most beautiful beaches in the world. I saw this picture for Belle Mare there and that was it. I made my mind up in like ten minutes,” he shrugged, still not meeting her eyes. She continued looking at him, trying to decipher his thoughts. But, she was coming up empty handed. 

“So, why not Trace?” she asked, his earlier comment coming to mind. 

“I thought about him. You know, my ride or die, but I knew he’d bitch the entire way. He’d want to bring Sam and do work while here. Then, he’s been talking about getting in some new calf. But, I think above all he’d want to go somewhere to party and live it up. Then, there was you. I knew you had school to get ready for, but I figured you needed this too, one last hoorah before this last semester,” he explained, his gaze raising up to meet hers. 

“What if I wanted to go somewhere to party and live it up?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. He laughed softly, shaking his head before answering. 

“Then we’ll hit up a club or a bar on a couple of nights and you’ll be set. Trace would want to go every night,” he smirked, and she knew he was right. 

“He means well,” she defended Trace with a slight laugh, thinking of all the horrible mistakes Trace has done in the past. 

“And I love him, but I need peace of mind,” Justin laughed, shaking his head as well. 

“Well, all I know is I deserve the ‘best friend’ title after this,” she kidded, leaning back in her seat and crossing her arms. 

“You earned that a long while ago, Del,” he replied, sincerity dripping from his mouth and pooling on the tabletop. She remained silent, a small smile on her lips. And, he returned the tender smile. 

---- 

“Oh come on, your mom doesn’t know about your tattoo yet?” Justin exclaimed, clapping in excitement at the new bit of information that he’d uncovered. The duo sat in the sitting area outside their gate, waiting boarding to be announced for their last flight. 

“No, and she doesn’t need to know,” Delia defended, burying her face with her hands. 

“Oh man, you got it like what, 4 or 5 years ago?” Justin recalled, thinking back to that day when she called him crying. She’d thought that she could go through with it, but once she’d gotten to the tattoo parlor, she had lost it. So, she called him from the parlor in tears and asked him to come. Thinking back, he had been in the middle of a William Rast meeting, but he’d left and met her there. 

“Yeah, something like that. And, I’ll tell her eventually. You know she’ll want to fly down here and beat my ass,” Delia sighed before laughing. 

“I love your mom, though. But, I fear her more than my momma and grandma combined,” Justin shuddered to exaggerate his comment. Laughing, Delia playfully smacked his arm before agreeing with him. 

“She is a scary thing. When she finds out I skipped the country, she’s going to be upset I didn’t invite her. And, I’ll have to tell her you kidnapped me. It’ll save my ass,” she shrugged, a smirk tugging at her lips. 

“Oh yeah, and throw mine to the wolves,” Justin grumbled, his body slouching in his seat. Rolling his eyes at him, she turned her attention to the other passengers lounging. Everyone was in their own world. People fiddled with their cell phones or typed away on their laptops. Some read from a magazine, newspaper, or book. 

“Do you think all these people are going on vacation as well?” she whispered, bumping Justin’s shoulder for his attention. She could see that his eyes had been shut from behind his Ray-Bans, but he opened one eye. She motioned towards the people sitting around them, and he looked over at them. 

“I doubt it. They’re all too busy catching up on work,” he finally replied, turning his neck to look up at her. 

“Yeah, you’re probably right. Poor them,” she gloomily mocked, before snickering. Justin snorted in response, covering his mouth to mask his laughter. 

“We’ll light a candle for them or something,” he quipped, shaking his head. 

“Yeah, or something,” she replied, before announcing she was going to use the restroom before the flight. He nodded and offered to watch her purse and coat. Watching her saunter away in her skinny jeans, black stilettos, and tank, he found himself shaking his head and laughing lightly. 

“I wish she knew how hot she is,” he said under his breath, shaking his head one last time before resting his head back against the wall behind the chairs.

End Notes:

Review! Review! Review!

Chapter 3 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reviews! Keep them coming!

“How long are we here for again?” Delia breathed as they pulled up the circular stone driveway at the resort. The chartered vehicle had picked them up at the Mahebourg airport, and had stopped briefly at the main office of the resort for Justin to go in and registered. Driving through tropical foliage towards their secluded villa, Delia’s jaw had not closed from the moment they’d passed the Le Saint Géran sign. 

“Almost two weeks, its beautiful isn’t it?” Justin replied, turning to look at her press her face against the car window. He chuckled softly before pushing the car door open and stepping out. 

“I don’t think beautiful begins to describe this place. Look at the sunrise over the water,” she rushed out of the vehicle, nearly falling on her face had Justin not caught her. She stood up straight and point out her slender arm towards the array of hues dancing across the calm sea. 

“Can you imagine sunset with the purples and blues?” he awed, his breath taken away by the beauty. It was very early in the morning, but there was not a sound besides the calm rushing of the waves against the distant shore and the occasional chirp from an unknown animal in the foliage. 

“Justin, that’s the fucking Indian Ocean!” she exclaimed after a second of silence, reality setting in. Her excitement began rushing through her body, exerting itself in her twisting hands, bright eyes, and slight jumping in place. He laughed before she propelled her body into his. 

“Jesus Delia!” he exclaimed, stumbling back a few steps before regaining his balance and holding her. Her arms wrapped around his neck, and he felt her laughter against the side of his neck, slightly tickling him. He, too, laughed. 

“Trace is gonna shit his pants when he sees these pictures!” she exclaimed, pulling away to get a look at his face. Their faces were mere breaths away from one another. Her green and gold eyes stared into his cerulean eyes. 

“Get your camera, then,” he spoke softly, his breath warming her lips. His tongue snaking out to moisten his lips broke her reverie, and her body slid down his solid form.

Stepping away from him, she adjusted her blank tank, cleared her throat, and reached back into the backseat to grab her camera. Emerging with it in hand, she glanced nervously at Justin as he walked towards the front door of their villa. Shaking her head clear, she walked away to the grass’s edge and aimed her camera at the far-yet-oh-so-close sea. One, two, three pictures were snapped. Turning her body to walk back to the car, she caught Justin looking off towards the surroundings. Biting her bottom lip, she sneaked a couple of shot of him without being seen.

She always loved photographing him. There was always a look of appreciation, adoration, and humility in every shot. She always figured it was because of his work that he could express any emotion with a flick of his hand or smile on his lips or a shrug of his strong shoulders. But, she’d come to realize that it was all natural. He was genuinely expressive. He carried every emotion in a sack across his heart and resting on his right hip, at his disposal, ready to be displayed in a heartbeat. 

“I’m just gonna pull the suitcases in, you can stay out here,” he spoke, seeing her approach him and the suitcases that sat on the driveway. The town car had pulled off as she’d approached them. 

“No, it’s ok. I’ll help. I want to see the inside, too,” she replied, coming closer to him and grabbing the handle of her rolling suitcase. He shrugged and smiled softly, turning and leading the way just the flat walkway to the front door. He pushed the double wooden and glass doors open, and he heard the sharp intake of breath behind him. Looking over his shoulder briefly, a smile tugged at his lips at the look of wonder on her face. 

He stood off to the side and allowed her to pass him by. Her eyes roamed all around the large open space. She rested the suitcase against the foyer’s wall before continuing her journey across the marble floors, her stilettos echoing with the high beam ceilings. A large wooden dinner table sat off to the left, six dining places with beautiful deep rouge flowers in the center. And to the right, an ivory living room set sat surrounding a fireplace. But, the most beautiful thing of the entrance was the direct view of the all-glass wall directly across from the front doors. Through the sheer white curtains, they could see the sunrise colors, vibrant and reflective, on the private pool’s surface. And beyond the pool’s edge, the white sands of the beach began. 

“Justin, this is stunning…” she breathed, her legs gliding her towards the sliding doors. He watched her delicate fingers reach for the curtains and slowly pull them back. Her body twisted towards him and just looked at him. His hands were in the pockets of his khaki jeans, his grey t-shirt stretched across his chest, and his black cardigan sweater embraced his biceps. The Ray-Bans that he’d worn since Los Angeles were clipped on the shirt’s collar at his neck. His red traveling backpack rested at his feet now. 

“I want to explore,” she spoke, her voice emerging soft and cracked. He remained silent, but nodded in agreement. Snapping into action, he pointed to her bedroom and they each rolled their suitcases to their respective bedrooms. Rummaging through the clothes that he’d packed for her, she decided to simply change her jeans for shorts and her heels for sandals. Tossing the beanie, she grabbed a pin from her purse and smoothed her hair out. 

“Ready?” his voice asked from her doorway, and she stepped out of the bathroom. 

“Yeah, let’s go,” she replied, grabbing her purse and sunglasses and following him out. Making sure to close their front door, they decided to just walk down to the beach and see where it led them. The path from their driveway was a bit steep and rough, but it was manageable. At the very end, however, the final stretch to the beach was accented with a rather high hop down the rocky edges. Justin chose to go down first, and although, he conquered it without any injuries, he knew that it’d be rough for Delia. 

“Here, come closer,” he edged her, and she cautiously approached him. His hands reached up and grabbed her waist. Easily tugging her forward and upward, he twisted his body before safely planting her down in the sand beside him. 

“Wow, it’s really warm now,” she breathed, fanning herself. In the back of her mind, she knew the temperature was the same it’d been since their arrival. But, suddenly, she was beginning to feel like if she’d been wearing a too-tight tie around her neck. Choosing to ignore the weird look on her face, Justin tugged at her hand and led her away from the rocky way. 

“Next time, we take the stairs,” he suggested as they passed the three or four steps that led down to the beach from what they assumed was their backyard. 

“Sounds like a better idea,” she replied, her mind distant from her body. A million thoughts rushed through her mind in a frenzy that she could not grasp. The electricity from his hold of her hand fueled the emotions in her heart and the chatter of her brain. 

“We’ll definitely have to come back to test the waters and lay out,” he suggested, oblivious to her inner turmoil, with a tug at her hand. His fingers were warmly intertwined with her fingers, and although, she was no stranger to holding his hand, it felt different. It felt completing, nurturing, and calming. 

“Yeah, it may be too cold this early,” she replied, hoping to dissuade any signs of her inner battle. 

“We haven’t seen anything besides the villa, but I’m already glad that I chose this place. This is exactly what I needed,” he commented, a few moments later as they walked close to the water’s edge, but still far enough to remain dry. Silence seemed to be their theme for the trip. They were easily falling into silent spells, where all was right in the world in that moment. 

“Well, I still want to go dance and party, for Trace, I mean,” she kidded, drawing a chuckle from him. 

“To get it out of your system, we’ll go tonight. Anywhere you want, we’ll do,” he replied, laughter lacing his voice. She laughed in return but agreed to his terms. She’d have to talk to the concierge for nightlife suggestions. 

“There’s a golf course on the resort grounds,” he hinted, and she rolled her eyes. 

“Ah, fuck me, are you really going to spend the entire two weeks golfing?” she whined, her steps becoming heavy, reminiscent of a child dragging her feet. 

“Quit the feet dragging, jeez woman. No, but I’d like to try it out at least one day. Maybe, you’ll let me teach you this time,” he chuckled, tugging her along and causing her to stumble slightly. 

“I’ll watch you hit the balls, and I won’t complain. But, that’s as far as I’m going,” she relented, giving him her compromise. 

“Why won’t you let me teach you to golf?” he asked, confusion etched on his face. 

“Because then I’ll get hooked and I’ll want to go golfing, and you’ll get tired of me interrupting your ‘guy time’ and then you’ll like friend-divorce me or something. No, thank you,” she rambled, her free hand wildly gesturing. 

“You’re such a drama queen,” Justin laughed boisterously, tugging her under his arm and pulling her in for a hug. “But, that’s why I love you. I don’t think any other woman is that understand of a man’s need for man bonding time. I ought to marry you before some douche does.” 

“Ha! Then I’ll just be marrying a douche sooner than later,” she teased, and he froze mid-step. Looking over at her with indignation, she read the mischief in his body, his eyes covered by his shades. 

“Run, Deli, run,” he evenly warned, before her body sprang into action. Quickly twisting away from him, she sprinted with all the speed she could muster. His taunting laughter quickly began to close in on her as she raced down the water’s edge. Her body configured in hopes of tiring him, but her short legs quickly tired first. 

“I was kidding!” she shrieked as her body was lifted in the air and tossed over his shoulder. 

“Too late, little girl!” he shouted in victory, continuing to run with her body flopping over his shoulder. 

“I’m not little!” she cried out before her nimble fingers reached out and pinched his butt. 

“Hey! Hey! Hey!” he exclaimed, quickly setting her down and covering his butt with his hands. She stumbled slightly, her world becoming upright too fast, before she plopped down on the sand, laughing uncontrollably. 

“That’s just not cool, Del,” he explained, before laughter took over his body as well. Plopping down beside her, he leaned back on his arms and looked up at the bright blue skies. 

“Neither is having my head banging your butt,” she said, before quickly realizing how that sounded. More laughter ensued, and they simply sat there. 

“You know, this would be a beautiful place to marry,” he spoke, after their laughter subsided and they sat looking at the crystal waters, white sand, and green foliage. 

“And to top it off, anonymity,” she added, looking over at him. Her knees were drawn up to her chest, and her fingers were tracing figures in the sand. 

“That’s what she wanted, you know,” he admitted, and she didn’t ask him to elaborate. She’d known this. Jessica had mentioned it so many times, and Delia had advised her to not push the topic. 

“Well, don’t you want to get married?” she asked. 

“Why is marriage the ultimate destination? Like, that’s where all relationships end up at. Isn’t that just another step in the continuation of a relationship?” he asked in return, avoiding getting too personal. 

“Well, yes, marriage is a natural ‘next step’. A form of cementing a promise and a commitment that goes beyond words, it’s the act of becoming one for eternity. It’s like the difference between sex and making love. Sex is like being boyfriend and girlfriend. The want, need, and desire are there. All the right words are spoken, but you still hold back. Making love is committing mind, body, and soul to the act of becoming one. Marriage is the same thing,” Delia explained, her eyes averting away from him, but her cheek resting on her raised knees. 

“I don’t think I’ve ever heard it describe that way, but it makes sense,” he whispered, his head lulling to the side and his eyes connecting with hers. 

“So, answer my question, would you like to get married?” she repeated her question, refusing to let him avoid it. 

“Yes, and I think it will happen when something in me snaps. I imagine it to be an overwhelming feeling of impatience, excitement, fear, and heart-thumping-nervousness,” he replied, shrugging his shoulders. 

“So, it’ll be spontaneous?” she asked, confused. He shrugged before shaking his head side-to-side, contemplating his response. 

“No, not so much spontaneous. More like, why wait? What is the need to plan out this huge event for hundreds of people that don’t matter for one day that does matter?” he explained, and she understood what he meant. 

“Yeah, I could never do a big wedding. I think I would elope somewhere nice,” she revealed, thinking of the unnecessary planning stress. She shuddered to think of putting together an event. 

“Your mama would kill you, but it makes sense. The only people that matter are the bride and groom. Family will witness the love and the dedication everyday thereafter,” he laughed, thinking of Delia’s mother’s reaction. 

“Well, don’t count yourself lucky, boy. Mama Lynn would skin you,” she taunted, her head thrown back laughing at him. He nodded, agreeing with the truth in her statement. 

“Well, come on, enough marriage talk. Let’s go get our swimsuits and find some trouble. I want to snorkel,” he exclaimed, jumping to his feet and tugging her along. 

“Snorkeling can lead to death. I rather keep this marriage talk going,” she yelled out after him as he jogged back down the beach towards their villa. 

“Marriage can lead to death too,” he yelled back, and she sighed. He was right. 

“Damn you,” she muttered before following his trek.

End Notes:
Review! Review! Review!
Chapter 4 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
review! review! review! review!

“The car’s here!” she heard that night as she was zipped up the side zipper on her bondage lime green skirt. Quickly slipping on her black stilettos gladiators, she rushed out of the bedroom and towards the front door. 

“I will knock someone’s teeth out if they look at you wrong, starting with you my man! Just drive!” Justin mockingly pointed a warning finger at the chauffeur as Delia walked out of the villa towards him. She rolled her eyes and slipping passed into the backseat, but not before smiling and winking at the driver. 

“Don’t flirt with him, you hussy,” he joked, sliding into the seat next to him. Looking over at him, she checked out his simple and casual clothing. 

“Zip it, because I'll have to pull the broads off the nectar,” she quipped, raising an eyebrow in his direction. 

“What the hell does that even mean?” Justin guffawed, clapping his hands in joy. She shrugged, and bit her glossed lip to keep from laughing. 

“So, did I do ok with the clothes I packed?” he asked as the town car drove off towards the city of Port Louis. The concierge had recommended the Arena Nightclub in the city, known to be one of the best nightclubs on the island. 

“Yeah, you did well. But, I really wasn’t all that worried. I do have pretty awesome clothes,” she kidded, shrugging an indifferent shoulder. 

“Yeah, right,” he snorted, earning himself a playful smack on the thigh. Relaxing against the cool leather seats, Justin rolled the window down. The cool, humid breeze entered the car, whipping Delia’s hair every which way. 

“I think we’ll have to skip the tanning oil for the next couple of days and stick to the sunblock,” she spoke from besides him, and he turned his head to look at her. She was looking down at her legs and arms, noting the even bronzing tone. 

“I know, I was thinking the same thing in the shower. I haven’t had this awesome of a time in such a long time,” he joked, stretching out his arms to show his tan. Turning her eyes to look, she kept them on him and admired his olive green v-neck tee, black jeans, and black shoes. Something caught her eyes, and she couldn’t help but reach out for it. 

“It’s been a while since I’ve seen you wear it,” she pointed out, twisting the silver tag between her fingers, careful not to tangle the chain. 

“Yeah, I’m sorry about that,” he apologized, and she knew what that meant. She probably hadn’t liked for him to wear her gift, and he’d pleased her request. 

“Shit happens,” she shrugged, trying to show indifference. 

“It shouldn’t have happened, and I’m sorry, Del,” he sincerely spoke, and she nodded in understanding. She held up her left handand tugged a similar, but thinner chain from under her white tank. Pulling it from its confines, he smiled as he saw the familiar tag. 

“You always did wear it,” he stated, reaching out his fingers to grasp the tag from her hands. He’d gifted the military tag jewelry for one Christmas, and she’d returned the gift the following Christmas. Etched into her, ‘My friend, Deli Delight’ had caused her both laughter and tears. 

“I could never come up with something that sounded right, but I tried,” she laughed remembering how long it’d taken her to decide on the inscription on his military tag. 

“And it’s perfect because it’s so you,” Justin said, looking down at the writing on his tag, ‘Mon Ami, TinTin.’ 

“And I even went looking for all the comics,” he admitted, and she looked up surprised. 

“Really?” she asked. 

“Yeah, I remember how you spent like an hour explaining to me the reason behind the message? You told me all about how your mom would read the comics to you and Brayden as little kids. That’s how y’all learned French,” he remembered, and she felt her eyes mist at the mention of her late brother. He’d been a dancer at Millenium Studios is LA, and that’s how he’d met Justin. When it was time for Delia to go off to college, she’d chosen to go to USC to be closer to him. And, that’s when she’d met Justin. At first, they hadn’t been too fond of each other – she’d met him during his Justified arrogant stage and he saw her as a prude and snob. 

But, they say that tragedy brings people together. And in 2003, Brayden’s life was cut short by a drunk driver on the Pacific highway. Delia had leaned, heavily, on Justin for support during this time, and their friendship had evolved. He helped her get past her grief and back into school. 

“I didn’t mean to make you sad,” he softly spoke, taking her hand into his. Her eyes rose to his face, and she gave him a small sad smile. 

“It’s ok. I just miss him, that’s all,” she replied, squeezing her hand back. The car came to a stop then and they both looked out the window. The thump from the nightclub’s bass could be felt in the seats of the car, and the mood quickly changed. 

“Well, let’s go have fun. For Brayden…” Justin announced, pushing the door open and reaching back inside to offer her a hand. Grasping his firm hand, she carefully eased out of the car, afraid she’d flash something. There was no line out front, so they quickly got in through the front door and into the dark club. Neon light lasers created a mock-ceiling about gyrating bodies. The DJ booth sat high on a platform in the corner, and small booths lined up the walls on either side of the open dance floor. 

“Want a drink?” Justin yelled over the noise, motioning towards the brightly lit bar. Nodding her response, he pulled her through the crowd. Coming up to the bar, he ordered two rum shooters plus one Mai Tai and a beer. 

“We’re not easing into it?” she questioned, hearing his order. He smirked before shaking his head, and handing over his credit card to the bartender. Taking the two rum shooters, he handed one to Delia and one for himself. Holding it up in toast, he smiled down at her. 

“To Brayden, to peace, and to us!” he rejoiced before tapping her glass and tossing back the shooter. Following his actions, Delia tossed back the shooter. Both scrunched their faces as the rum burned down their throats. 

“I prefer tequila,” they simultaneously exclaimed, before laughing and taking the Mai Tai. 

Plus deux,” Delia gestured to the bartender. He nodded and set about fixing two more shooters. 

“More?” Justin asked, shaking his head. She smirked and nodded her head, handing it over to him. 

“To love, heartache, and friends!” she exclaimed, tapping her glass against him and tossing it back. 

“Whoo!” he yelled, swallowing the burning rum. He motioned for two more, and the bartender gladly served them up. Soon, they’d each tossed back 5 rum shooters. 

“Come on, it’ll get better,” she yelled, taking their shooter glasses and setting them on the bar. Grabbing his hand, she led him away from the bar and over to the dance floor. Lifting their hands in the air, she turned and pressed her body against his front. Her hips swung from side to side, moving to the rhythm blasting through the speakers. Each held a drink in one hand, and the other held each other. 

i'm traveling without her somewhere far away
i keep thinking about her but i know i can't stay
she haunts me like a nightmare her image is everywhere
she doesn't leave me alone
i can't escape her or erase her
when i know she's not coming home
 

So, maybe this wasn’t the best song to be dancing to, but Delia was determined to erase Justin’s mind. He tended to over think things too much, just like her. Wrapping his arm around her waist, she let the heavy bass and techno beat take over her body. Techno wasn’t her usual cup of tea, but sometimes it was just necessary to let go. 

i can't understand where i went wrong
i can't understand where her love has gone
i don't know where i belong
my world is over
when life goes on (her world goes on) and on and on
(her world goes on)
when life goes on (her world goes on) and on and on
(my world is gone)

She could Justin’s movements and the fluidity in his body brushed against her own. Those rum shooters were quickly sinking to her feet and racing their way through her blood. The bass controlled her legs, her hips, and her entire body. Justin’s face came to rest in her neck as his body followed her movements. 

am i crazy or just human
is this what heartbreak is
what should i be doing
it feels like i got seconds to live
she haunts me like a nightmare her image is everywhere
she doesn't leave me alone
i can't escape her or erase her
when i know she's not coming home
 

She was surprised that he was so willing to allow her to lead. Usually, whenever they went out, she was rushing to keep up with him. He was a great dancer, and the only reason she could keep up with him was because of Brayden. She used to go to dance classes with him, but it was never something she had a passion for. But, he’d always practice with her whenever he had a routine coming up.

i can't understand where i went wrong
i can't understand where her love has gone
i don't know where i belong
my world is over
when life goes on (her world goes on) and on and on
(her world goes on)
when life goes on (her world goes on) and on and on
(my world is gone)

“Why I’ve never see this skirt is beyond me? You should wear it more often,” he spoke against her shoulder before raising his beer to his lips. Tossing back a gulp, he pulled her back closer to him and she only laughed. He was beginning to get drunk, and this is where the friskiness would commence. 

“Watch those hands, TinTin,” she warned, pushing his hands from where they were snaking down her hips and thighs. 

“Deli Delight, do you really blame me?” he half-moaned, twisting her body. Pressing her front to his front, his body led them through the heavy techno beat of the new song. His hand held her at her lower back, firmly pressing against him. He moved them around the dance floor with grace, eventually finding them at the bar again. Depositing their empty drinks, they both picked up two beers. 

And leading them once more, they found themselves gyrating in the center of the crowded dance floor. Sweat soaked his tee and a coat of sheen covered her arms. The alcohol was freely flowing for the both of them, and they were having a great time. Over all the years of friendship that they shared, their nights out had never resembled this. The tension between was thick enough to cut with a knife. 

Closing in on the three o’clock hour of the early morning, the club did the last call. Rushing to grab two last rum shooters, they happily tossed them back. The water/liquor ratio in their bodies was unimaginable. Stepping outside to the muggy night, they flagged down their car and climbed in the back seat. 

Justin sat, slouched against the seat with his eyes nearly closing on him. His head lulled to the side and looked at Delia, head-to-toe. 

“You look very pretty tonight,” he slurred, alcohol lacing his voice. Delia giggled, a drunken giggle before choosing to serenade her companion. 

You think I’m pretty without any makeup on…” she began, twisting her body to face him, a sexy, yet playful look on her face. Biting his lip, he tried to resist. But, he lost. 

“Come ‘ere,” he half-growled, before wrapping his hand around the back of her neck and pulling her atop him. She lay half on his upper body, and the other half on the leather seat. His lips smashed against hers, and they moved in silky synchronization. Her arm snuck behind him and held onto his lower back, and her hand caressed the side of his face. Her hair shadowed their faces from the passing citylights. If her skirt hadn’t been so tight, she might’ve been straddling him by this point. 

What was a thirty minute ride felt like minutes to them as they continued their oral dance recital. Breathy moans and sighs would be heard, and the driver would occasionally sneak a peek through the rear-view mirror. At any intersection that he stopped the car, he’d shake his head and laugh at the pair that had no knowledge of the world around him. 

“Shit, we’re here,” Justin breathed, pulling Delia away by her hair, tightly tangled in his fingers. She nodded, and sat up as smoothly as possible. The driver snaked around the back of the vehicle to open the door for them. Justin stumbled out first, before reaching in and helping a slightly more inebriated Delia. 

“Take the damn shoes off,” he ordered after miserably failing to walk alongside her. She pouted before removing her four-inch heels. The driver drove off, and left the couple stumbling into their temporary abode. 

“I had so much fun!” Delia exclaimed, tossing her shoes off to the side of the front door. Her flailing arms would make her stumble, which in turn, forced Justin keep both of them standing upright. 

“Let’s get to bed,” Justin suggested, shoving her in the direction of her bedroom. She stumbled but caught herself on the nearby dining chair. 

Let’s go all the way tonight, no regrets!” she horribly sang, before dissolving in giggles. Justin shook his head, amused at her drunken antics. Leading her into her bedroom, she pulled him in for another kiss. 

“Stay with me,” she breathed against his neck, having shoved him against the wall next to the doorway.

End Notes:

What's gonna happen next?

*Drumroll*

Chapter 5 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
Oooh wee, I'm so bad! This should've been posted and completed like 3 days ago! I'm sorry. Here's part 1 of the end...enjoy!

Delia woke up the next morning, with the sun shining painfully bright across her face. There was a brief moment of panic as she miserably failed to remember what she’d done the night before or who’s arm was strewn haphazardly across her lower abdomen. Willing herself to calmly look at her bed companion, her heart slowed to a paced jog and her stomach settled. The all-too-familiar celtic cross on the upper bicep informed her of his identity, but as she wiggled to get out from underneath his grasp, she lost it. 

I’m naked! 

“Can you please stop freaking out?” came his groggily voice, muffled by the pillow that he’d chosen to suffocate himself. Her eyes cautiously turned to watch his back rise and fall as he took in a deep breath, his body stretching out. 

“I’m naked in bed with my best friend,” her voice cracked in the softest whisper possible. Hearing her admit to reality, it set off another wave of panic deep inside of her. 

“I don’t want to add to your panic, but we also had sex,” he revealed, turning his head. His breath caressed her left ear, sending shivers down her spine and memories rushing through her brain. Flashes of gasps, moans, desperate pleas, and glistening skin-on-skin appeared before her shut eyes. Her arm rose to drape over her eyes, willing the images to cease. Instead of causing her more panic or settling her panic, they were stirring a desire within her. She did not need to add embarrassment to her list of current emotions. 

“And it was fucking great,” he chuckled, dropping a tender peck to her shoulder, right above her collarbone. The shivers she’d so desperately tried to hide revealed themselves. Goosebumps rose all over her body, and she bit her lip. 

“Yeah, it was,” she heard herself reply. Her hand flew to shut her mouth, but it was too late. His throaty laughter vibrated against her neck as he snuggled closer to her. She could feel him against her side, firm and all man. In a quick maneuver, he found himself atop her, settled gently between her legs. 

“And you don’t need to fight it,” he mumbled, his cerulean orbs making no effort to hide his feelings. Her green, golden eyes widened in fear, excitement, and confusion. His hand reached up to gently caress a strand of hair away from her face, before cupping her cheek. “I’ve been wanting to do that for so long.” 

“Justin, what are we doing?” she questioned, biting her bottom lip to cease the trembles. His strong shoulder shrugged, but his face remained confident. 

“I’m not all too sure, but I am sure that I love this right here. I love this feeling of you and me, close together without anything between us. And, I’d love to give you all of me if you’ll give me all of you,” he spoke, vulnerability never making an appearance. Her eyes shuffled from his eyes to his lips to his eyes once again. She wanted to find any sign that this was a joke. Maybe this was his way of making her feel uncomfortable; he was always making fun of her. 

But, she found nothing. 

“You just broke up with your girlfriend of three years, Justin,” she tried to rationalize his actions. He stubbornly shook his head, took a deep, and leaned down. His soft lips touched her own, lightly to begin. Then, using his hand on her face, he drew her face closer to him, pressing their lips firmly together. Parting his lips slightly, her lips fell into the crevice of his mouth. And her heart, well her heart fell out of her chest and into his hands. 

With a mind of their own, her hands reached up and held the back of his head and his back. Her right leg wrapped around his hip, and she drew him in closer. Their proximity left no air space between their bodies. He was pressed up against her in the most intimate ways, and her body reveled in the sensations. 

“Does that bother you?” he asked, his lips snaking down the side of her face and neck. Nibbling, kissing, and caressing her skin on his journey. 

“I’m not a rebound,” she cleared her mind long enough to state her stance. 

“Never could I do that to you. Listen to me,” he raised his head, positioned himself on his elbows, and grasped her face with both hands,

“Deep in my heart, I knew for a long time that I’d fallen out of love with Jessica. And I was a fool and an asshole for dragging her for as long as I did. And I could give you a million excuses for my actions, but the truth is I was a coward. I didn’t want to be alone, and I feared that the one girl that I was completely in love with would reject me. She is the one girl that had been there for me for only a couple of years, but that I could trust with my life. She is the girl that will break me down to shreds and built me back up.” 

“Justin…” Delia began, but the words jammed in the back of her throat. The large knot that’d formed preventing her from expressing anything. 

“I love you, Delia. And, yes, I have told you this many times in the past. Because, well, I’m not afraid to tell my friends that I love them. But, right now, in this moment, removed from all things in life, I am telling you that I am in love with you. I love every single thing about you, all the good and all the bad. I love that you love every single thing about me, all the good and the bad. And I love the want and the need to be with you, for the rest of my life,” he admitted, softly pecking her pale and trembling lips. Tears escaped her wide eyes, marking a path down the side of her face and onto the white pillow beneath her head. 

“What are you saying?” she asked, her jumbled thoughts and feelings leaving her dazed and confused. Any other human being could have seen clarity in what he’d said, but not Delia. 

“I told you yesterday that if I ever chose to marry, it’d happen when something in me snaps. And last night, with you in my arms, despite our intoxicated states, I felt it. I felt that overwhelming feeling of impatience, excitement, fear, and heart-thumping-nervousness. Delia Noelle, I want you to be my wife. I want to spend the rest of my life with the strongest, brightest, most loving, and most caring woman. I always said that I’d never find someone that would be like my mother and that’s true. But, I don’t want to marry my mother. I want to marry someone that reminds me of my mother, and yet awakens all these other emotions deep within me. I want to marry my best friend,” his eyes glistened, and his voice quivered slightly. 

“I don’t know what to say, Justin. We’ve never dated, and last night was the first time we’ve ever explored this territory,” Delia shook her head clear, and tried to be the voice of reason. 

“Delia, tell me yes. Tell me that you feel the same way, and tell me that you’ll do me the honor of being my wife,” he was close to pleading. Her eyes bore into his, and they lay there, reading the in and outs of each other’s souls. It was like time had stopped ticking and the world had stopped turning. Each held their breaths waiting for the other to speak. 

“Yes,” he read her response moreso than heard it. 

“Yes?” he questioned, breathlessly. Hearing him repeat her answer, it snapped something in her. A smile stretched across her face, and she nodded her head. Biting her bottom lip, she tried to suppress the growing smile tugging at her lips. 

“Here? You’ll marry me here? In Belle Mare?” he asked, once more, unbelievingly. 

“Yes, yes, yes! I will marry you – right here, right now,” she laughed, speaking her words louder, stronger. He laughed joyously, the corners of his eyes crinkling. Pulling her face to his, he pressed wild kisses on her mouth. His excitement transmitted through every touch from his fingertips. 

“Mom and Lynn are going to kill us!” she laughed, hugging him tightly as he buried his face in her neck. 

“They’ll live, come on! I think we have a busy day ahead of us!” Justin exclaimed, jumping up off of her. Shamelessly, he stood nude looking for his boxers from the previous night. Delia averted her eyes, and made sure the sheet was wrapped tightly around her frame. Standing up, she shuffled to her suitcase to grab some clothes. 

“I’m gonna shower and then run down to the concierge to try and figure out when and where. I’ll call you,” he spoke excitedly as he came over to her, dressed in only his boxers. Standing straight, she smiled at him. 

“Ok, umm, I don’t have a dress,” she stated, worry starting to settle in her stomach. Every detail that came along with a wedding beginning to add to her list. 

“Why don’t you take the car to Port Louis and find a dress? I’ll take care of everything here. You just worry about getting a dress, and I’ll take care of everything else. I’ll let you know what the concierge tells me,” he spoke softly, taking her face in his hands and softly pecking her lips. She nodded, a bit dazed at the reality of the situation confused her more. Her excitement was definitely clouding her mind, and she could think of nothing other than the fact that she would be marrying her best friend in a day’s time. 

He kissed her deeply one last time, before exiting the bedroom and leaving her to get ready. Smiling, she rushed into the shower. She definitely needed to hurry and rush out to find a dress. 

“Oh my, I’m getting married,” she laughed as she rinsed her hair, “ha! Mom is going to kill me!”

End Notes:
And remember....DON'T KILL ME! REVIEW ME!
Chapter 6 by jersey_tenn
Author's Notes:
Ok, so almost a week to the due date, I finish this. I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did. Thank you for all the reviews, and remember, KEEP REVIEWING!

Come to lobby before leaving – J 

His message, short and to the point, greeted her as she cut on her phone. She allowed all the text messages and voicemails to load up, before erasing them all. She didn’t want to hear not one thing from anyone. Justin had done the same earlier before heading out. 

Grabbing her purse and stepping out to the chauffeured car, she sat in the backseat busying scribbling on the hotel notepad. Realizing that the car had stopped, she stepped out and jogged through the bungalow-like doors. She spotted Justin standing off to the side, his hands buried in the pockets of his shorts. 

“Hey! What’s the verdict?” she asked softly, stopping in front of him. Smiling from behind his shades, his smile was contagious. 

“Would you like a sunset wedding?” he leans down to whisper in her ear, his arm wrapping around her waist. To avoid trapping her arms between their bodies, she wrapped her arms around his neck. 

“I think that’d be really pretty,” she replied, equally as soft. Looking at one another from behind their shades, they tried to read each other’s thoughts. 

“Marie, the event coordinator here, asked me how quickly we wanted to do this. And, I told her the sooner the better. She says she can pull it all together for tonight,” he revealed, her eyebrows rose dramatically behind her shades. Leaning her head back, his statement startled her. 

“Tonight?” she choked, disbelief lacing her voice. Twisting her wrist, she read the time on her watch. “That’s in like nine hours!” 

“I know, but she says that she can do it. I told her that I’d let you make that decision. We can make this as simple or as elaborate as you want it, baby,” he said, his hand caressing her cheek and her heart melting. This was the first time that he’d referred to her by anything other than her name since that morning, when everything had changed. 

“I don’t need all the frills and the thrills, J. I just want you and me,” she replied, leaning into his touch. A smile tugged at his lips before he leaned down and touched her lips with his. 

“Come on, then. Let’s talk to her and see what we can do,” he whispered, excitedly tugging on her hand and leading her into an office tucked behind the check-in counter. Walking in, the nerves began to settle as Delia saw the petit older woman behind a large oak desk. 

“Can we really get this done in 9 hours?” Delia asked, before Marie could even open her mouth and introduce herself. Chuckling at her, Marie waved her towards the seats in front of the desk. 

“Give me an hour, and you’ll be free to go find your dress. I’ll send you to the island’s best boutiques. Can you trust me?” her heavily accented voice calmed Delia’s nerves, and she found herself nodding. Taking a seat beside Justin, they held hands as she bombarded them with questions. 

#### 

“Will you be ok going into the city on your own?” Justin asked, as they stepped out into the bright sunlight. 

“Yeah, just wish me luck in finding a dress,” she sighed, rubbing a hand over her forehead. 

“Listen to me. Marie is taking care of everything else, so don’t you worry. Just focus on getting your dress and I’ll go find a suit. Then, we come back, get ready, and get the show going,” Justin explained, grasping her face in his hands. The action quickly and effectively settled her every worry. 

“Are we crazy for doing this?” she asked, leaning her forehead on the tip of his strong chin. His arms wrapped around her, and she heard him take a deep breath. 

“I think we’re crazy for never seeing this earlier in our lives, and even crazier for doing this in nine hours,” he laughed boisterously, the folly of their actions clicking in his mind. 

“We’ve already signed the marriage license,” she sighed, but a happy sigh. 

“Yes, yes we have,” he nodded, cementing the fact. A shot of electricity rushed through her body, exciting her more. 

“I had so many texts and voicemails when I cut on the phone earlier. I erased them all,” she spoke softly, her lips millimeters from the rough skin of his under-jaw. 

“I did the same thing. I don’t want to think about anyone else, but us. And, you’ve got to do the same thing. If not, you’re going to lose your mind. So, come on, let’s get going,” he pulled her away from him, but not before sharing a passionate kiss. Leaving her breathless, he smiled and walked away to his own chauffeured vehicle. 

“Lady Delia, are you set to head out?” Bernard, her driver for the day, addressed her, breaking her from her reverie. Nodding with a smile, she climbed into the back seat. Twirling her fingers, she pulled out her phone and drafted Justin a text. 

What’s your ring size? – DJ 

Seeing his quick response, she smiled and leaned forward to inform Bernard that they’ll need to stop at a jewelry store afterwards. He smiled, knowingly and encouraging. 

Leaning back in her seat, she read over the details that she’d written down during her talk with Marie. Flowers were picked, and the bouquet was being put together. With no guests, the resort would be providing her and Justin with a romantic wedding dinner for two. The entire fifteen minute ceremony would be captured by a videographer and photographer.  

At least mama and Lynn can relive it with us. This is better than Vegas, right? She chuckled at her ludicrous thoughts. Justin would be chastising her for allowing her thoughts to wander. 

And, the best part of this whole thing? The privacy and non-disclosure clause that the resort offered meant that this would stay quiet. The media would not get wind of this, unless either of them shared the information. 

It was now nearing eleven o’clock in the morning, so that gave her about seven hours to find a dress, find shoes, pick Justin’s wedding band, do her hair and make-up, and get to the wedding location. The beautiful Tai Chi gazebo overlooked the Indian Ocean waters in the Belle Mare peninsula. 

#### 

“Is she ready?” Justin questioned Liam, Marie’s assistant that was helping him get ready. He’d gotten dressed in their villa, and Delia had been using the bride’s quarters elsewhere. 

“She’s getting ready, yes sir,” Liam, a much older gentleman replied. As Justin fixed his ivory tie, he breathed deeply. 

“Did you see her?” he asked, giving Liam a sideways glance. 

“Yes sir, I did,” Liam replied, placing a comforting hand on Justin’s shoulder. “And she looks stunning.” 

“She always does,” Justin smiled, thinking of Delia’s beauty. In less than a half hour, he would be able to say that all that beauty belonged to his wife. His wife, someone he never thought he’d find. Instead, he’d found her so many years ago. He’d found his best friend, his wife. 

“Are you ready, sir?” Liam broke through his haze, and motioned towards the front door. Nodding and taking a deep breath, Justin followed Liam out. The gazebo was only a bit down from their villa, so Justin and Liam walked in silence. He walked tall in his tan suit, crisp white shirt, and ivory striped tie. A boutonniere clipped on the left side of his suit jacket. He’d been fortunate to find the suit rather quickly. And he loved that it looked like linen, but linen it was not. 

Coming up the sandy path to the wooden dock extending into the calming waters, a smile graced Justin’s face. This was perfect. There was not a soul around, besides the ceremony official, the photographer, the videographer, Liam, and himself. He was sure that Marie would be accompanying Delia, and he felt a tug at his heart knowing that his mother wouldn’t be around. But, she’d understand. She would be hurt, but excited and overwhelmed. Maybe, Delia would agree to hosting a reception once they got back to the states. 

“She should be on her way now, sir,” Liam announced, as he led Justin down the dock towards the lighted gazebo that awaited them. The skies were quickly darkening with shades of reds, oranges, blues, and purples twinkling across the water’s surface. 

#### 

“Just one more thing here…” Marie trailed off as she clipped a silk flower to the side of Delia’s bun. Turning to look in the mirror, Delia was left breathless. Her makeup was simple and natural, and the tan that she’d acquired in her one day on the island was perfect. 

“I love it,” Delia gushed, tears brim her eyes. Marie rushed to dab the corners of her eyes with a tissue, quickly saving her makeup. Leading her to the dress that hung on the doorway, Marie helped her slip into the garment. Doing some last minute adjustments here and there, Delia was finally finished. 

“Let’s get you married, sweetie. We can’t keep that handsome man of yours waiting,” Marie chimed, causing Delia to chuckle slightly. Following Marie out of the bridal bungalow, Delia took a deep breath. On the walk to the gazebo, Delia thought back to the craziness that she’d experienced in the last few hours. She’d visited all three boutiques on the island before she had come across the perfect dress. It’d been the first one she’d tried on at the last boutique, and she’d known it as soon as the zipper had been zipped. 

Finding Justin’s ring had been the toughest thing of all day. She hadn’t found a decent ring for him, and neither had he. He’d text her and told her that they needed to agree to replace the wedding bands once they got back home. She’d laughed in relief, and quickly agreed. She knew that they wouldn’t have much time to go wedding band shopping, so she chose to get him something that he could liberally wear during his promotion tour. 

“Marie, I always said I’d get married in a huge cathedral,” Delia confessed as they walked further. 

“A beach wedding is truly magical,” she replied, and Delia agreed. Seeing the water surrounding them on all sides and the sun shining it’s last of the day, she could feel the electricity in the calm of the evening. Having her wedding at the beach, the cold water in soft waves and the silver sand receding below them was her new dream came true. It was all much like a fairytale – her dress, her hair, her jewelry, her shoes, her bouquet, and her groom. 

“There he is…” Delia breathed, seeing Justin’s back turned to them. She could see that he was nervous, his hands twirling in front of him. The orange hues of the evening sun danced across the side of his face. He looked deliciously incredible in his tan suit, and a sliver of electricity rushed down Delia’s spine to her toes. Coming to a stop at the beginning of the dock’s boardwalk, she took a deep breath as she watched Marie walk down towards the makeshift altar. 

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Justin turned towards Marie, who only nodded towards Delia. Arching an eyebrow, his head twisted more before his body followed. Delia saw him mouthed ‘wow’ and her smile widened. Her manicured hands gripped tightly the bold and beautiful bouquet of yellow cymbidium orchids, yellow mini calla lilies, and yellow mocara orchids. 

His eyes traveled in slow motion down, paying attention to every inch of her. The beach breeze caressed her hair, clipped in a loosely tied bun, with curls floating down atop her shoulders. The silk flower clipped behind her left ear accentuated the femininity with poetry. Big and beautiful chandelier earrings hung from her ears, catching the evening’s last sunlight in sparkles. 

Her shoulders and neck were exposed by the strapless design of the white wedding dress. In a body skimming silk organza silhouette, the lace elongated bodice led to the layered ruffle shirt, trailed by the chapel train. Her feet were adorned in the famed red lacquered sole shoes of Christian Louboutin – navy blue, satin, stiletto heel, and peep-toe pumps with a bowknot at the front. 

Beginning her slow trek to her future husband’s side, Delia couldn’t keep the wide smile off her face. And, Justin, too, mirrored her happiness. They kept their eyes on each other as she closed the gap between them. The justice of peace stood in front of them with Marie to the left of Delia and Liam standing to the right of Justin. They would serve as their witnessed. 

“We are here today to encourage, celebrate, and support the marriage of Delia Noelle Jackson and Justin Randall Timberlake. Marriage is the promise between two people who love each other, who trust that love, who honor one another as individuals in that togetherness, and who wish to spend rest of their lives together. It enables the two separate souls to share their desires, longings, dreams, and memories, their joys and sorrows, and to help each other through all uncertainties of life,” the justice of peace began. Justin and Delia faced him, smiles on their faces and butterflies in their stomachs. 

“Marriage is commitment to take that joy deep, deeper than happiness, deep into the discovery of who you most truly are. It is a commitment to a spiritual journey, to a life of becoming - in which joy can comprehend despair, running through rivers of pain into joy again.

And thus marriage is even deeper than commitment. It is a covenant - a covenant that says: I love you. I trust you. I will be here for you when you are hurting, and when I am hurting, I will not leave.

It is a covenant intended not to provide haven from pain or from anger and sorrow. Life offers no such haven. Instead, marriage is intended to provide a sanctuary safe enough to risk loving, to risk living and sharing from the center of oneself. This is worth everything,” he ended, reading from the book in his hands. Turning his head upwards, he looked at Justin. 

“Justin, the woman who stands by your side is going to be your wife. She will look to you for comfort, for support, for love, for understanding, for encouragement, and for protection. You must never take her for granted, and always stand by her for good or ill,” and Justin knew this was his cue. 

“Delia, tonight, in the presence of all that surrounds us, I join my life with yours. Wherever you go, I will follow. Whatever you face, I will face. For good times or bad times, in happiness or sadness, come riches or poverty, I take you as my wife,” Justin’s voice trembled with emotion. His blue eyes twinkled with the ocean’s reflection. His hands gripped tightly Delia’s hands, as her head titled upward to look at him eye-to-eye. 

“Delia, the man who stands by your side is going to be your husband. He will look to you for comfort, for support, for love, for understanding, for encouragement, and for protection. You must never take him for granted, and always stand by him for good or ill,” the justice continued. 

“Justin, tonight, with only you and I here, for we are the only that matter, I join my life with yours. Wherever comes our way, I will be there beside you. Whenever fear holds you, I will hold you stronger. Whoever scares you, I will love you. For good times or bad times, in happiness or sadness, come riches or poverty, I take you as my husband,” she promised, a tear escaping each eyes. Blinking the tears away, she laughed slightly. Justin squeezed her hand in comfort, and she squeezed in return. 

“Justin, will you take Delia to be your wife? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and protect her and forsaking all others to be faithful to her until death do you apart?” 

Taking a deep, steady breath with a smile, Justin replied, “I do.” 

“Delia, will you take Justin to your husband? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and protect him, and forsaking all others to be faithful to him until death do you apart?” 

Closing her eyes, relishing the moment, she opened them, “Absolutely, I do.” 

And after exchanging wedding bands, Justin receiving a black and white silver band and Delia receiving an Aquamarine sky-blue and white diamonds band, the justice of peace began his closing. 

“Delia and Justin, you have given and pledged your promise to each other, and have declared your everlasting love by exchanging rings. Your vows may have been spoken in minutes, but your promises to each other will last until your last breath. Until now, Delia and Justin, you have spent each moment of your lives as separate individuals. But from this day on, and every day after, your each moment shall be shared and spent as one. By the power enthroned in me by the district of Flacq of the island of Mauritius, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Justin, you may now kiss your bride.” 

“I’ve been waiting for too long,” Justin breathed, before lifting his hands to cup Delia’s face. Using the pads of his thumbs, he wiped away the tears from under her eyes. Letting his eyes roam over her face, he smiled before leaning his lips down to her. Finally coming in contact, her hands wrapped around his back, her bouquet now dangling from her hands. 

“I promise you a better ring,” he whispered against her lips, causing her to laugh. 

“I love it,” she replied, closing her lips around his once more. 

“Lady, gentleman, fishes, and seagulls, I present to you, Mister and Missus Justin Timberlake,” the justice of peace announced, laughter ensuing. Holding one another still, Justin and Delia continued kissing. 

“You look beautiful,” he whispered, his arms wrapped tightly her and his finger delicately pushing back a fleeing curly strand of hair. 

“Thank you, and can I go on record about how stunningly handsome you look?” she replied, a soft blush coming across her tanned cheekbones and modesty causing Justin to duck his head. 

“We still have 12 days of honeymoon,” he declared, eyebrows wiggling. Smacking his arm playfully, Delia laughed in return. 

“Yes, we do. And I plan on being sober for our first reunion,” she joked, arching an eyebrow at him. Laughing, he leaned down and kissed her lips.

Liam and Marie interrupted them to set them up for their photographs, before the sun went down completely. Posing in one way and in another way, breathtaking moments were captured. The stark white of her gown contrasted beautifully with the darkening nighttime. His tan suit made his golden tan shine in every picture. There was a glow to their skin in every shot. Finally, after dozens of photographs, the newlyweds were led to their private dinner for two. Candles and lights illuminated the gazebo and the dinner table overlooking the waters. 

“Does this mean that you’ll move into my room back at the villa?” Justin questioned, as they held hands over the table. Surprisingly, Delia shook her head ‘no’. 

“My room has the large king four-poster bed, so I think you’re moving in with me, darling,” she joked wiggling her eyebrows. Throwing his head back, Justin laughed joyously. 

“I love the way you think, my sweet wife,” he replied, with a wink. 

“Well, then, you’ll love the way I move, my dear husband,” Delia flirted, surprising even herself with her no-holds-barred attitude. Ever since she’d seen him standing there at the end of the boardwalk, she’d felt this overwhelming need for him. Despite sleeping together the night before, her state of intoxication had blurred many details. And tonight, she planned on remembering every detail. She wanted the clear views of the Indian Ocean over the private swimming pool and terrace to surround them as they gave themselves to each other. She wanted the soft breeze from the ocean to chill their bare bodies, and for them to seek heat from one another. 

“With everything that’s ever happened in my life, I’ve considered myself lucky,” Justin began, breaking the comfortable and rich silence that had surrounded them. They’d been quietly enjoying their first meal as husband and wife, a flute of champagne accompanying the food and a slice of cake awaiting them to share and devour. Lifting her bright eyes from her food to look at him, she was met with the most tenderness and love she’d ever seen in someone’s eyes. She felt the air rush from her lungs at the intensity of his emotions emitting from his eyes. Taking hold of her hands, he smiled tenderly, easing her state of wonder. 

“But, it is not until this moment right here, that I know in my heart and in my soul that I am luckiest to have fallen in love with my best friend and to share my life forever with her,” he declared, lifting one hand to caress her cheek with the back of his index finger. A lone tear escaped her golden eyes, and his finger caught it before it could continue its trek down her face. She stood and walked to his side, turning his head with her hand on his jaw. 

“And you, Justin, you make me lucky. Thank you,” she whispered, her emotions silencing her words. Sealing her sentiment, she kissed him deeply with her heart and soul caressing his lips.

End Notes:

REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW!

S/N: Would y'all like to see pictures of the dress, suit, flowers, shoes, etc? When I write, I always end up having to look the small details up because it helps me visualize and write. But, let me know!

Images by jersey_tenn

The dress

 

The hair 

 

The bouquet

 

The shoes

 

The suit

 

The gazebo

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1905