I saw a picture on tumblr the other day that looks to be from around 2002, it's Justin and JC on a balcony of some sort (to me it looks like itcould be mardi gras or something), JC is holding a blindfold in one hand and laughing so hard his face is beet red, and in front of him Justin is holding up/dancing with a blow up doll. (I dont have a URL but I can email it for refrence.. or simply because its hilarious). I'm a horrible writer but the backstory that popped into my head was it's JC's bday and the doll was his gift because he needs to get laid.. so basically I think it would make a good story. especially if he leaves his new plastic friend and finds me in the crowd instead lol the raunchier and smuttier the better ;) Any questions or if you want me to email you the pic leave a comment.
Female lead. Name: Meg. Age 30 (if written as a current story.. 7 yeqrs younger than whatever JC is if not written current) Brown hair , green eyes with flecks of blue in them, 5 ft4in tall
How many different ways can you tell the same story? Different characterizations, different circumstances, but all focused around the same basis. That is the challenge issued to any author that would like to participate in "The Retelling Challenge".
For the first go round these are the specifications...
Plot: A conversation between two lovers results in the murder of another person.
Requirements:The story must include at least (2) members of NSYNC but you decide how much (or little) each member is featured and who your leading character is.
Throughout the story there should be some distinct action/habit that the lead (male/female) seems to repeat. Utilize your foreshadowing skills!
***Special Gift to You: This story does not have to be completed to be submitted to the challenge. This form of story can take a while to write SO, the bare minimum is that I want you to be at least three chapters in (if you're doing a multi-chaptered piece) by the time your date comes around to post.***
TO SELECT A DATE MESSAGE ME (AUTHOR - NIK), EMAIL (VALUELIFETREASURELOVE@YAHOO.COM, SUBJ: THE RETELLING) OR TWEET @TASTINGEDEN
CHALLENGE DATES 11/17-12/31 AVAILABLE DATES: 11/17-12/29
A lot of writers have expressed a desire to jump back into the fanfic world since the reappearance of our fave Fab Five. :) So here's a little something to put some AH! in your step!
POP!Tober is an *NSYNC Fiction writing challenge that runs from October 1-31. It is short, COMPLETE, stories that POP!
1. Stories must star one or more member(s) of *NSYNC. You can include anyone you want, as long as the main character is a member of *NSYNC.
2. Participants agree to provide a complete (this includes proofread/beta read/perfected) story on th day of their choosing during the month of October. NOTE: October 17th is Chris' birthday, so anyone who wants to write a Chris-centric story is encouraged to sign up on that day. We typically have unlimited signups for that day!
3. Signups are open through September 30 or until the Challenge is full.
4. Minimum of 500 words, no length maximum, but your story must be COMPLETE when posted and MUST be posted by midnight on the day you've requested. If you will be unable to fill your slot, please don't wait until the last minute. Let the Challenge Organizer know so that we can assign the day to someone else.
4a. Along the same vein, if you're having trouble, DON'T GIVE UP! Writing is hard, and there's a whole community of us that know it! We're here to help, so reach out.
I'M IN! HOW DO WE DO THIS THING???
Sign up via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following info:
- Pop!Tober in the subject line so I can filter them out and I know they aren't spam.
- Your NF username
- Your desired date(s). I try to let people sign up for a max of two dates until we are closer to the end of the signup period and we need to fill slots. The list will be posted as the dates roll in-- please let me know if you want to switch dates with someone or want additional dates once I've opened them up.
You may also tweet the info above to me at @MissM_Jones but please verify that I got your tweet and that I've added you on your desired date.
If you need an idea or a jumping off point, here are some prompts that IAlwayzBeSinging provided. Use at will and with wild abandon!
Have more ideas, a request, a story line you'd like someone to tackle? Email or tweet it to poptober@nsync-fiction or @MissM_Jones.
The Last Weekend of Summer
A Friends Fall Wedding
VMA 2013 from each band members point of view
The night before Justin’s wedding
Your character has no experience working for a celebrity. By case of mistaken identity (or whatever else you think of) she finds herself working for one of the guys overnight, in an important position...assistant, stylist, ect. Chaos ensues.
JC changes a tire.
A story based on the lyrics of "Blurred Lines" - http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/robinthicke/blurredlines.html
Summary: So, there are a lot of superhero movies out and i just read the crunked series.
All i ask is for a superhero story with at least one member of nsync with the powers or gifts. I personally prefer jc as the lead, but if its comedic, im all good for any of the guys.
1. More than 1000 words
2. One or more guys of nsync being a superhero or having super powers
3. Can have love interest
4. No nc-17 please.
5. Have fun with it. Categories:ChallengesCharacters: Chris Kirkpatrick, Group, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass
For February, we will be having a Valentine’s Day Challenge.
Very simply, the challenge will be to write romance and post on February 14th.
To participate, you may post a fully completed short story OR post a chapter update of a story you are currently working on – as long as the chapter focuses on some sort of love/romance. The purpose of this challenge is to encourage writing new stories and updating current ones. When posting, be sure to respond to the challenge so that we can keep track of everyone that participated.
It's time for the 4th annual NF Secret Santa Story Exchange! For this Exchange, you fill out a survey to express your preferences on how you'd like a story to be written for you. In return, you also agree to write a story for someone else based on their preferences.
As a writer, you agree to:
1. Complete the story assigned in no fewer than 1,000 words
2. Have it completed and posted on-time! Due dates are December 20th - December 31st.
3. In the summary include “For my Secret Santa, _____” with their given penname
4. Click “Respond to Challenge” and add your story this challenge’s list
Secret Santas are to remain anonymous until the story is posted! They will be chosen at random and are divided according to preferences.
Make sure to add email@example.com to your contacts so you receive all relevant e-mails!
Everyone seemed excited for new challenge so here is the Fall Into Fall 2012 Challenge! This Challenge will run through the month of October. Each writer will choose one day during the month as their own to post their story. October 17th is Chris Kirkpatrick's birthday so any and all Chris lovers are welcome to choose that day.
You can write any genre of story as long as it includes at least one *NSYNC member as a main character. Stories should be at least 1,000 words and must be completed by the start of the day your posting day.
To join the challenge, pick the day you'd like and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your pennname and the date of your choice. On your posting day visit this challenge posting and choose "Respond to the Challenge" to link your story to the challenge postings.
A drabble is an extremely short work of fiction...the purpose of the drabble is brevity, testing the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.
I'm proposing an on-going drabble challenge. Short, SHORT stories, 100 to 1000 words, any genre, featuring any member that is an *NSYNCer. Crossovers okay, slash okay, AU A-OKAY. Anything goes, so long as the story is shorter than 1000 words and stars an *NSYNCer in a major role.
The purpose of this challenge is just to encourage writing on a regular basis, to expand our minds past the 86 chapter story, to revisit visuals and short snippets of work. We get better by writing and writing and writing (and reading, but that's beside the point. ;)
Pick a theme, a prompt, a lyric, a photo, and give your mind over to the pulses of fiction- the snapshot of a scene.
It's HERE! Our Spring Challenge is locked and loaded and we're ready to hear from over 20 awesome *NSYNC-Fiction authors. The fun begings May 1! We still have a few slots open if you dare jump in!
Here's how this works:
- On your designated day, post your story as normal. It's fine to post it piece by piece throughout the day, but PLEASE make sure it's COMPLETELY posted by the end of the day.
- Come back to this challenge, click on "Respond to the Challenge" and choose the story you just posted. This links all of the entries together so people can read the It's Gonna Be May entries at once if they like.
- Enjoy your day of Pimping! We'll link to your story on twitter and encourage readers to come on by and read you.
- Please read other author's work as time allows and take the time to drop them a line and let them know that you enjoyed it!
That's it! So, with that said, Bring on MAY 1st! Let's get it ON!
Summary: Welcome to the SECOND annual NF Secret Santa!
This is listed as a challenge so it'd be easier to share stories when they're ready to post!
First a little intro on how Secret Santas work: you submit your preferences on how you'd like your story to be written, it's a gift to you! By submitting, you are agreeing to write a story for someone else, is the gift from you.
As a writer, you agree to:
1. Complete the short story assigned in no fewer than 1,000 words.
2. Have it completed and posted on time! Due dates are Dec 23 - Dec 31.
3. In the summary or story notes include "For my Secret Santa, ______" followed by the given penname.
4. Come back here and click "respond to challenge" and add your story to the list.
Secret Santas are to remain anonymous until the story is posted! They will be chosen at random after they are divided according to their preferences.
Make sure you add email@example.com to your Anti-Junk mail list so you receive our emails in your inbox! Ready to begin the season of giving (and getting???) Head on over to the Secret Santa post at STILLNSYNC [http://stillnsync.com/board/showthread.php?t=778] and fill out the form.
You'll receive your secret santa assignment by email via NF on Nov 16th. Please make sure you can receive email from your profile at Nsync fiction.
Summary: This totally came out of my watching Go, Diego Go! with my son but I think it's funny and challenge anyone to try. I want to see you write a story where the male lead is having trouble finding a companion because he is the star of a children's television show. Make him like Barney or Mr. Rogers, go wild! This could be hilariously funny, morbid, romantic, do what you please. Categories:ChallengesCharacters: Chris Kirkpatrick, Group, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass
Haha! This line made me laugh "Then why are you looking at me like my dog just peed on your furniture?" LMAO! Yay! Melissa is in the studio recording her 1st song, this is so nice, Im liking this.. :)...