Story Notes:

Eternal thanks to Dana for being my beta, my idea soundboard, and my hand holder. This ones for you, babe.

Also, thanks to all the folks at the JTPC for the inspiration. :)

And, I don't own these guys. Wish I did, but it just ain't happening.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Though I try to follow the NSYNC schedule as faithfully as possible, some liberties have been taken by me. Hence, fiction. :)

New York City
January 2000

The rain and snow that had fettered the city for nearly a week finally relented; leaving in its wake a brilliant cold that brought steam from the warm metal of the buildings. Drops of remaining rain rolled bravely down recessed windows and dripped mindlessly from awnings, seemingly at the exact moment someone stepped beneath their path. Often eliciting a squeal of surprise from a child or a disgruntled mutter from an adult, th droplets continued to patter despite the parting clouds. Most people, grateful they could finally set aside their umbrellas, those cumbersome items that somehow seemed to shield no rain at all, paid no attention to the filtered sunlight, all too intent on their purposes.

Heedless of the bustling pedestrians around her, one young woman paused on the sidewalk when a beam of sunshine pierced through the clouds, alighting on the jammed traffic. The wet metal and glass gleamed and sparkled under its brightness, casting a blinding glow at whoever gazed upon it, though it appeared she was the only one looking. Lifting her gaze to the centerpiece of Times Square, she felt a familiar thrill that always occurred when she was in the heart of the city.

One day. One day she would feel as though she truly belonged here; that her dreams were far from ridiculous.

One day.

/*/

Glancing out the large window that overlooked Times Square, he watched as a woman paused in the crowd. People hurried past her, paying no attention to whatever she was looking at so intently. She held one palm upwards, catching some of the last raindrops that dared to fall in the sunlight. Then she turned, smiling at something in the sky. Looking to the north, he felt a flicker of a smile touch his lips when he saw the faint rainbow. Then he returned his gaze to her, wondering why she seemed to captivate him.

She looked so peaceful, he realized.

How he missed being that way. To walk along the streets and look or feel however
he wanted, without the constant barrage of fans and media disturbing his thoughts.
Without management dictating every move.

One day. One day he would feel peace again; that the dreams he had pursued were not as ridiculous as they seemed now.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love celebrityj jc justin