Author's Chapter Notes:
*I know it's not the greatest chapter, but bare with me*

A couple days had passed since JC’s hotel rendezvous, and it was now Tuesday. Today was the day when new episodes of America’s Best Dance Crew taped and JC would have to do his routine all over again. That meant waking up, chilling at his house, leaving for the studio in time, getting his hair and makeup done, answering fan questions, and then taping the actual show.

JC woke up that morning feeling good about abstaining from sex for two days. He was also kind of scared for the fact Tyler wouldn’t be around to watch Jacelyn tonight, which meant she’d have to go to work with him.

JC crept into the room across the hall from his and noticed it was still silent. He stepped up to the crib and he smiled seeing Jacelyn still asleep. Her eyes closed, hands grasping her blanket, and her brown curls in disarray. She slept like a little angel and he wouldn’t wake her until she squirmed. JC kept staring down at her. He was still in awe of her, even a year and a half later.

Jacelyn Harmony Chasez had been born January 2nd of 2007, to Kate and of course, JC. She hadn’t been planned, that was for sure, but that didn’t matter. She had Kate’s curly hair, but it was definitely the same shade as JC‘s. While JC had hoped she’d get her mommy’s brown eyes, she had in fact received her daddy’s sparkling blue eyes. Once she’d been born, JC thought his life would be perfect now with the woman he wanted to marry and a daughter they’d raised together. Yet, now he was without his Kate and playing Mr. Mom as well as daddy. He didn’t believe he was made or even fit to play either role and had struggled juggling his career and being a single father. Yet, he was fortunate to have his brother, as well as more family and friends who were there to help out.

He smiled as she began moving around and then her eyes fluttered open. His own eyes stared back at him, as Jacelyn opened her eyes wide and then sat her self up. Her little arms then reached out and a smile formed on her little pink lips.

“Da da.” She called out. He knew she wanted him to pick her up and he happily obliged, scooping her up into his arms.

“Mornin’ Jace.”

She wrapped her little arms around his neck and held on tight. He ran a hand through her hair and sighed. He felt like it had been forever since he’d held her, especially in the morning.

“Me breakfess.” Jacelyn said softly, just loud enough for him to hear.

He smiled. “You want breakfast? Okay, we’ll get you some breakfast.”

JC headed toward the staircase and walked downstairs, immediately heading toward the kitchen. When he walked in, he noticed Tyler sitting at the table munching away on Apple Jacks and reading the newspaper.

“Morning, bro.” JC said as he opened the fridge and balanced Jacelyn on one hip to grab the milk out. Tyler turned and looked at his brother and niece.

“Hey, you two.” He smiled and went back to the page he was reading.

“I really wish you didn’t have to go out on a date, Tyler. You know how much it will suck taking Jacelyn with me.” JC settled his daughter into her high chair and scooted it right up to the edge of the table.

Tyler laughed. “Hey, it’s about time you take her somewhere and be responsible. She is your responsibility.”

JC sighed, nodding his head. He knew his brother was right, but he still just didn’t find the routine of being a single father easy nor comfortable.

He poured some cereal in a bowl for himself and then added the milk. JC also grabbed a small cup of yogurt from the fridge and peeled the plastic off, setting it in front of Jacelyn with one of her kiddy spoons. He took a seat beside Jacelyn and watched as she started to dig into the yogurt. Of course, just like any little kid she was going to make a mess with it.

JC grabbed a section of the newspaper and he started reading it, munching on his cereal as he did. Tyler was lost in his own reading as well and neither saw Jacelyn getting ready to fling her yogurt.

Jacelyn had her little spoon covered in the cool, goo-like substance. She giggled to herself as she brought her arm up and then shook her spoon. The yogurt flying off of the utensil and landing upon her father’s arm.

Feeling something land on him, JC looked up and then back down at his arm. He saw the yogurt and grabbed a napkin from the center of the table. His eyes then met the mischievous ones of his daughter.

“Jacers!” He admonished, playfully. “You eat your yogurt. No getting it on daddy.”

She giggled with yogurt all over her cute face, rather amused by the incident. She then covered her spoon with more yogurt and this time flung it harder.

“Jace, come on now.” JC chuckled as he ran his hand through his hair, finding yogurt in it. “You’re lucky I have to shower still.”

Tyler laughed watching the scene unfold. “Oh..at least she likes her Uncle Ty enough to keep it off of me.”

JC tossed his brother a look and then laughed. He wiped the yogurt off of himself and then looked at Jacelyn.

“I think you’ve had enough, missy. Let’s go clean you up and then Tyler will watch you so I can shower.” He ran his hand through her hair and smiled. Then he lifted her out of her highchair and headed over to the sink to wipe her face and hands off.

Once Jacelyn was clean, JC handed her over to Tyler and headed out of the kitchen. He took the stairs two at a time up to his bedroom, ready to shower and take on the rest of the day.

JC stepped into his bathroom, shutting the door. He stripped down to nothing and started his shower. He stepped into the stall and his thoughts immediately went to Jacelyn and the way his life was going.

“I love her. I do. I really do, but it’s just hard.” He said out loud to himself. “I’m a failure at this daddy thing and she’ll hate me sooner or later.”

He lathered up soap on a washcloth and continued speaking to himself. “If Kate were around, life would be so much easier.”

It was true. Not having a mother around for his daughter was tough and it made JC relive his own childhood, not having a father until Roy Chasez came into his life. He wanted better for Jacelyn, yet he just didn’t know how to give it to her or how to even be the daddy she needed. If Kate had stuck around, he felt that his daughter would have one perfect parent and that would be much better than what she had now.

Once JC had himself all cleaned and shampooed, making sure the yogurt was definitely gone, he got dressed and headed down to his home studio. He would chill down there for awhile, leaving his daughter in Tyler’s care, while he just got himself lost in music.

 

Later that afternoon, JC emerged from his studio and found Tyler and Jacelyn napping together on the couch in the family room. He smiled at the sight, but knew he had to wake them up. JC had to leave for the taping of his show shortly and Jacelyn had to tag along.

He tapped his brother on the shoulder, startling him a little, but successful at his attempt. Tyler opened his eyes and yawned a little, but did awake indeed. He looked down at his watch. “Oh, hey, Josh. You have to leave soon, huh?”

JC nodded his head and then reached for Jacelyn. She went into his arms without any struggle or any sign of her eyes opening. He was happy for that, knowing he would need her quiet on his drive over to Burbank. “You have a date to get ready for, little bro.” JC reminded him with a smirk.

Tyler laughed and nodded his head, sliding off of the couch. “Yeah, I better go get ready. Since you won’t be around I have to pimp myself out on my own.”

JC laughed and watched Tyler ascend the stairs and then walked into the kitchen with Jacelyn still tight in his arms. JC grabbed his keys and wallet off of the counter and he also grabbed a sippy cup and some Cheerios for Jacelyn. He knew she might get hungry or thirsty while she hung out backstage. Once he was set to go, JC called out to his brother letting him know they were on their way out and then headed out of the house.

JC opened his black Mercedes and he was grateful Tyler had remembered to put the car seat in the back of it. There wasn’t time for any dilemma or for breaking the law and he was just glad he could safely buckle up Jacelyn. He situated her sleeping body into her car seat and then got into the driver seat, buckling himself up. Then he sped down the hill and off toward the highway, not sure of how this night would end.

When JC pulled up to the soundstage in Burbank where the show was taping, he found a VIP parking spot with no problem. He looked back in the rear view mirror and his precious daughter was still snoozing. He was hoping she’d stay that way while he went through hair and make-up and did his round of interviews. Yet, JC knew his luck would probably run dry.

He got out of the car and then unbuckled Jacelyn from the car seat. He positioned her comfortably in his arms and then walked over to the back entrance of the studio. He snuck in without a single soul seeing him and made it over to wardrobe.

Kara Saun smiled as JC entered the wardrobe area and then smiled wider seeing the little brunette in his arms. “Aww…she’s adorable.” She said softly, stepping over to a rack.

JC smiled. ‘Thanks.”

“She’s yours?” Kara handed him a jacket that had studs all over it.

He nodded his head and took the jacket from her. “She is, but you know how Hollywood works. I like to keep her a secret the best that I can.”

The stylist nodded her head and smiled again. “Well I think the jacket will go nice with what you already have on.”

“Yeah, I do too.”

“Well, have a good show, JC. I hope she behaves for you.” Kara winked.

He chuckled a little. “I do too. Someone backstage is going to have to control her for me.”

Kara nodded her head and then left JC alone. JC settled Jacelyn onto the couch in the wardrobe area for a moment, while he slid the jacket on. He then looked at himself in a mirror, pleased that he would look great today. Then he picked his daughter up again and headed over to hair and makeup.

JC settled into a chair in front of the bright lights and mirror, ready for layers upon layers of makeup to be applied to his face. Jacelyn rested against his chest and still hadn’t shown any signs of waking up.

A makeup artist came over to JC with some foundation and she smiled, seeing the little girl with him. “Awww…she is so cute.”

JC smiled. “Thanks. Her name is Jacelyn.”

“Ahhh..so she’s your daughter, right?” The girl started applying makeup to his face.

“That would be correct.”

“I had no clue you had a daughter until now.”

“It’s not something I like to share.” He explained and then felt Jacelyn start to squirm against him. Her little eyes then opened.

“Looks like she’s awake now.”

He looked down at Jacelyn. “Yeah. Hey, sweetie. You just like to wake up at the worst times, don’t you?”

“I wake, daddy.” She smiled.

“I see that, Jace. Now that means I’ll have to find someone to babysit you while I’m judging.”

“Oh gosh, she is just precious.” The girl said and finished up JC’s makeup.

“Yeah, yeah, she is.” He grinned and then hopped out of the chair.

“Oh wait, JC, we need to fix your hair!”

He looked at the girl and shook his head. “Nah, I don’t want it smooshed down this week. It’s fine how it is.”

She shrugged. “Well, suit yourself.”

JC walked around backstage then, looking for anyone who could hold onto Jacelyn while he did interviews and taped the show. There had to be an MTV intern somewhere for the job.

He bumped into Layla, the backstage correspondent who always chatted it up with the crews. “Hey Layla, how are you tonight?”

She smiled at him and then at the little girl in his arms. “Wait..oh my..is this..she’s yours, isn’t she?”

He nodded with a sheepish smile. “Jacelyn is her name.”

“Aww..how adorable and she looks like you too.” She then put her hand out to Jacelyn giving the little girl a high five.

Jacelyn giggled and smiled up at Layla. Then she rested her head against JC’s chest.

“Wow..she’s just precious, JC. I can’t believe you’ve been hiding her on us.” Layla playfully punched his arm.

“She my best kept secret. I like it that way.” He confessed and then stepped away from his colleague.

JC knew he had to start backstage interviews any moment and he still needed someone to keep an eye on his daughter. He spotted one of the girls from Fanny Pak and he tried to remember her name. He then had it come to him after a moment. Her name was Glenda and he was sure she could keep an eye on Jacelyn until it was Fanny Pak’s turn to hit the stage.

He tapped Glenda on the shoulder and then explained to her who Jacelyn was and what the favor he needed was. The girl was willing to accept the duty and she took Jacelyn from him, along with the little girls cup and snacks.

JC was relieved he had found someone just in time and headed over to the area where they did interviews for the judges. He was quickly dragged toward the MTV crew and started answering questions for them. Then he completed a couple more interviews for various papers and sites. All the while, he was happy that he hadn’t heard a peep about Jacelyn from backstage.

“JC, over here! Over here!” A female voice called out, needing him for his interview session with LiveVideo. It was a weekly chat that always gave him the most random, yet fun questions to answer. JC got a kick out of the questions each week and was ready for whatever they had to ask.

He stood in front of the camera and was greeted by the interviewer. Then he waved to all of his fans who were watching live.

“It’s good to see you this week, JC. We have a long list of questions for you, but we’ll only get to a couple.” The blonde interviewer explained.

He nodded. “Give me what you got.”

“First, where is your favorite place to perform or tour?”

“You know what, just give me a stage and a microphone and I’m good. I don’t really care where I perform, as long as I can just get out there and do it.”

“Alright..cool. Moving onto the next question.”

“Hit me.”

“What’s your best kept secret?”

JC laughed. “Well it wouldn’t be a secret anymore, if I admitted it, now would it?”

The interviewer laughed as well. “True..true..but I’m sure you have some little secret you could confess. Your fans are eager to learn anything new about you.”

Then before JC could open his mouth again to speak, little footsteps were heard and heading toward his way. He turned and looked behind him, his face instantly contorting in an awkward expression. “Shit.” He muttered under his breath and then two little arms wrapped around his legs.

“Oh wait! Who is this?!” The girl asked, looking up at JC curiously.

He froze for a moment and then sighed. He knew his “best kept secret” couldn’t remain a secret anymore.

“It’s funny you ask that, ‘cause this would be Jacelyn. She was my biggest secret, but not anymore. This is my daughter.”

He then lifted her up into his arms as the interviewer and others backstage gasped in shock and fans also went nuts in the chat.

“So how old is she?”

“She’s 1 and a half. I want her life to be private, hence no one learned of her until now, minus those really close to me.”

Jacelyn then started playing with his hair. He moved his hand up trying to bat her little hands away.

“Stop it, Jacers.”

“Aww…you call her Jacers. That is so cute! She even has your eyes and everything.” The girl interviewing him gushed.

JC rolled his eyes, slightly annoyed. He hadn’t planned on this happening and now that it had, he knew he’d be crabby tonight. The dance crews were going to have to beware of his wrath.

After the interviews and the taping of the show, JC was still in a shitty mood, but just glad he hadn’t been as harassed as he thought over the big reveal. Jacelyn hadn’t caused much raucous backstage either and had actually chilled out with the makeup artist.

Walking to his car and more than ready to make it back home, JC held Jacelyn in his arms.

“I wish you hadn’t ran to me during my interview.” He said softly, looking into her blue eyes.

She of course, was just an innocent little girl, unaware of who her daddy really was and any repercussions of her being revealed.

“Me sleepy. I go home now.” Comprehension of her father’s words totally going over her little head.

“Yeah, we’re going home now.” He sighed.

“I wuv you, Jay-cee.”

He stopped in his tracks. Did she just really call him by his name? He knew she had and it really caught his attention. How come she had gone from calling him daddy earlier and JC now. This wasn’t good. He knew that much.

“I love you too, Jacelyn.” He pecked her forehead and settled her into her car seat.

The ride home was silent, JC deep in thought of what had happened tonight.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading and reviews are appreciated!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: randomhookup daddyjc postsync producerjc