*Justin’s POV*

So during the meeting I don’t think anyone paid any attention to whatever Tom was saying. I found myself looking over at Juliet’s Sudoku book but she shooed me away anytime I tried to help her. She didn’t do that to Trace. Somehow I have a feeling if Trace didn’t have a girlfriend I would think something was going on between them.

“Justin,” Juliet whispered as I turned my attention to her.

“Yeah?,” I responded as I looked into her eyes.

“I’m tired,” she said as she leaned her head on my shoulder, “Do you mind?,” she asked me and I just couldn’t bring myself to tell her no. I mean not that I really wanted to tell her no anyways.

I watched her as she closed her eyes noticing that Trace was now engrossed in doing the puzzles in her book. These meetings were pointless, I mean come on all the employees were either doing puzzles, drawing, whispering to each other, or in Juliet’s case sleeping. I shake her awake slowly when the meeting ended I was just so ready to leave that conference room. I have to admit though I was starting to fall asleep too, maybe I should brush up on my Sudoku too.

“Are those meetings always like that?,” I ask Juliet trying to say something as she follows me to my office for the paperwork she needed from me.

“Basically, its just better if we sit there for 15-20 minutes and then we can all go about our day and make Tom happy at the same time,” she tells me as she takes a seat without me even offering.

“Oh, so what were you talking about with Trace?” I ask sitting across from her behind my desk. I watch as she crosses her legs showing off her tan and those high heels that make her taller than what she is. She looks really good in that white dress of hers with her brown hair flowing around her shoulders.

“Oh, that? Maybe you should talk to Trace,” she says nervously as she bites the inside of her lip, “I really don’t think its my place to tell you.”

“Its okay if you tell me. I’m sure Trace won’t mind.” I tell her as I try to stop checking her out but its hard when she sitting right in front of me looking so damn good.

“Trace thought it would be better if I was both your assistant and his while ya’ll are here,” she says as she looks up at me, “He hasn’t even told Tom so...,” she drawls at the last part of that before saying, “Can you just not say anything? I mean just yet.”

“Are you scared of Tom?”, I ask as I look at her, I mean she’s always talking crap about him, granted in a funny way but now it seems like she doesn’t want to hurt Tom.

“No! I’ve just worked for Tom for awhile and he really sees all his employees as friends. I really don’t want to hurt him. He’s a really good boss he just has some quirks.” She tells me with a smile, “So do you have that paperwork for me?”, she asks as she stands up ready to leave my office.

“Oh yeah, its right here,” I say as I hand her the papers I signed, “Hey,” I say as she turns around to face me before she leaves my office, “I’m glad you’re going to be my assistant.” I swear the smile she threw me nearly stopped my heart but then I noticed something that made it drop...a ring, not just any ring....a ring on her left hand ring finger. How come I never noticed it before? Maybe it was just a ring and nothing more that she chose to wear that day, but I know better than that. She wasn’t wearing any other jewelry besides that one ring. I watch her walk out of my office surveying the papers making sure everything was in order before turning a corner and walking out of my sight.

*At the records department*

“Hey Ashley, can you file these contracts away for me please?” Juliet asked as she walked into the records department spotting Ashley texting on her cell phone.

“Yeah totally, Jules,” Ashley responded in her typical 21-year old way, “So, Justin is hot! Don’t you think?”

“I would say handsome not hot,” Juliet told her as she took a seat on Ashley’s desk knowing this conversation would be awhile.

“Oh my God Jules, he is like so nice. I walked by him today and he said hi to me I swear I about lost it. I mean I know we’re not supposed to be star struck or anything but damn. He is fine,” Ashley states causing Juliet to laugh.

“He is very good looking. I will say that.” Juliet told her as she nodded her head.

“So you and Kieran, how’s that going?” Ashley asked as she brought her voice down to whispering level. Its what she does when she’s gossiping.

“Its going...still no wedding date, not that I’m rushing it. I just think five years of dating and three years of that being engaged...I guess I’m expecting more than he’s willing to give.” Juliet says as she lets out a sigh.

“Maybe him seeing you work so close to Mr. Sexyback will make him step up to the plate?” She tells Juliet as she rests her hands on top of Juliet’s in a comforting manner.

“I doubt it. I’m thinking about calling the whole thing off. I need more than what I’m getting from him.”

“Seriously? Did Mr. Timberlake have something to do with that decision?” Ashley asked as she raised her eyebrow in question.

“No honey, that decision was made way before Mr. Timberlake, as you called him, came into my life. I’m just waiting for Kieran to come back to town so I can tell him face to face,” Juliet mutters as she shrugs her shoulders at Ashley, “Anyways, I better get back to my desk and start packing it up since I have to move to the other side of the office,” she says as she hops off Ashley’s desk and makes her way to the door.

“Right, has Trace told Tom yet?” Ashley asked before Juliet walked out of her office.

“No, but he was going too after the meeting. Guess he already did because Tom is standing by my desk,” Juliet mutters before she leaves Ashley and takes a deep breath before walking towards her desk and Tom.
Chapter End Notes:
Go ahead leave feedback, you know you want too! lol


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendj assistant celebrityj williamrast justinandtrace