“Wow. He is just an awesome person. Didn’t he seem awesome Juliet?” Tom asked as he looked at her like he had just met the Pope or something.

“Justin? He seems like a really down to earth person,” she merely stated as she bobbed her head up and down.

“It must be just so...”, he said as he pondered the word to describe what he was trying to say, “awesome...yeah awesome to be him.”

“Right,” she stated as she headed to her desk, “Do you need me for anything else Tom? I have some paperwork that needs to be done.”

“Oh okay. Can you just tell Thad to come to my office?” Tom said as he walked into his office not waiting for her answer.

“Sure Tom...no problem.” Juliet muttered as she picked up the phone ready to call Thad.

“Do you randomly talk to yourself like that?” Justin asked as he walked up to her desk.

“All the time. I thought you had a meeting?”, she responded as she looked up at him with a smile on her face.

“Trace left his wallet in his office. I told him I would come in here and get it. I think he’s scared of Tom.” He says as he whispers the last part.

“Aren’t we all?”, she asks rolling her eyes in the process, “I’ll go get it for you. Tom will attack you if he sees you pass by his office. By the way...” she gets up and smacks her lips, “he thinks you’re like totally awesome, oh my god,” she says in her best valley girl voice.

He laughs harder than he ever has in the past six months at that. This girl was funny. Funny and beautiful and charming and everything. He watches her make her way to Trace’s office laughing as she practically runs past Tom’s office bringing him back Trace’s wallet.

“Thanks for saving me.” He says throwing her a smile.

“No problem, just don’t make it a habit,” she says as she throws him another wink watching as he leaves the building finally letting out a sigh she didn’t even know she had been holding in.

*The next day (Justin’s POV)*

For some reason Trace figured that we had to be at the offices early in the morning. Why? I don’t know because he’s an ass. No but seriously because the camera crew is coming in today. You know, I don’t even know why I agreed to this. Maybe because it was her idea.

Her. Juliet. She’s amazing, you know that. I mean really amazing. I could see why all the guys in the office who aren’t gay love her. Hell even the gay guys do She’s just really an awesome person. Okay I’ll stop I’m starting to sound like Tom.

I walk into the office expecting to see her sitting at her desk ready to greet me but she isn’t there. Then I hear it. Her laughter. I turn to see her talking with some guys who are setting up camera equipment. Then it happens, she sees me and gives me a small wave. I feel like a nerd in high school trying to talk to the popular girl. I give her a small wave and a smile as I make my way to my office.

Yeah, I have an office here too. It never gets used but I figure this time off I could at least use it once. Did I mention it has a wonderful view? Yep, wonderful...the parking lot. Oh and if I crane my neck and open my door as wide as it goes I can see Juliet’s desk...I mean not that I would know that or anything.

I watch as she walks into the conference room following behind the camera crew. I guess they were going to interview her. Okay, now I’m officially a stalker watching her like this.

*In the camera interview*

“So can you just introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about what you do here?”, Alex, the director, asked Juliet as she got comfortable in her seat in front of the camera.

“Hi, I’m Juliet Ljungberg...I’m Tom’s personal assistant,” she says as she looks into the camera, “I basically do everything for him...,” she looks down at the floor before looking back into the camera, “I mean everything. I don’t think he knows how to do anything without me.”

“So do you like your job?”

“Um...of course...,” she responds before looking to the side then back at the camera again, “I mean do I want it for a career? No, but its good for now....yeah good for now,” she says as she bobs her head in agreement.

“So how is it working with Trace Ayala and Justin Timberlake?”

“Oh that’s great Trace is the coolest cat. He always brings me coffee in the morning. Gotta love someone who does that,” she says with a smile on her face, “and Justin, well Justin is...just Justin. I don’t know him that well but he seems very...amazing...funny...and just southern,” she says as she looks towards his office before realizing what she was doing and turned her attention back to the camera, “definitely good to have him in the office.”

“Do you think Tom likes him being here?”

“I would hope so,” she says as she throws Alex a look, “Why? Did Tom say something?”, looking confused at the camera.

*After the interview (Justin’s POV)*

“Did you want some coffee or something?” Juliet asks me as she walks into my office followed by cameras.

“Um...no...I’m good.” I reply as I look at the cameras nervously. I’m so not comfortable with this.

“Are you sure? I mean you’ve never been here all day and Tom’s office is like two feet away,” she says with a smirk, “I mean I take a couple of Valium with my coffee to help me get through the day, you should try that.”

I chuckle, “Maybe, I guess we’ll see how the day progresses.”

“Point taken,” She moves quickly to hand me some papers in her hand and gets whacked in the head with a mic boom, “Fucker,” she mutters, then lets out a belly aching laugh, “Wow that was smooth, damn cameras.”

“I thought this was your idea,” I say with a smirk.

“Yeah but I thought they would just follow You, Trace and Tom around,” she says with a shrug, “Those papers need your signature and then Tom wants to see you in his office. Oh and just to warn you, he likes to do a pep talk every morning,” she says with a smile as she puts the papers on my desk then walks back to her desk being sure to avoid the mic boom this time.

I can see the other employees walking into the office building taking their various positions at their desks and drawing boards. I can see her from here greeting each one of them whether they respond or not she’s still smiling. I look up and catch the camera guy filming me causing me to look away.

I get up from my desk after signing the papers she gave me and decide to head to Tom’s office when I see he’s in his office. I catch her eye before I walk in and smile as she throws me a sympathetic smile. Oh my goodness, he can’t be that bad can he? I mean if she already feels sorry for me and I haven’t even walked into his office yet? What have I gotten myself into?

“Hi Tom, you requested to see me,” I say as I walk into his office and take a seat across from him.

“Hi Justin. First of all I would like to say how happy I am that you are going to be in the office more often and more hands on than before. I would just like to know that we can be a united front for the employees. I like to think of everyone here as my friends...some even best friends. I hope I can count on you to be one of those friends. I understand you and Trace are the Founders but you have trusted me to be Stand in President while you all are busy, so I just hope that we can communicate and no one gets left out of the loop.” He tells me.

“Sure Tom, I mean you’re doing a great job and me and Trace appreciate how much work you have done for this line. I do just feel that I need to be more hands on with the line and everything that goes into it since I really haven’t had a chance. I hope to learn a lot from you and I hope we can bounce ideas between each other.” I tell him as he breaks into a smile. At least I made him happy. I can’t help but make my way to her desk as I leave his office. “Hey,” I say as I lean against the counter part of her desk.

“Hi. So, you survived....I’m impressed,” she tells me with a sly smile on her face.

“Good Morning Juliet,” Trace mutters not even looking at me just leaving a cup of coffee on her desk before making his way to his office.

“Is he always like that when he comes in?” I ask still eyeing the coffee he left on her desk.

“No. But hey at least he remembered my coffee, right?”, she says as she grabs the cup and takes a sip. “So did you get those papers signed?”, she asks as she continues to drink her coffee slightly closing her eyes in pleasure as the caffeine enters her system.

“Oh yeah I’ll bring them by,” I say as I scratch my ear grinning sheepishly.

“Don’t worry about it, we got a team meeting in like two minutes. I can stop by your office and pick them up afterwards.” She explains as she gets up and gathers a pad of paper, a pen and starts to head to the conference room. I follow her laughing slightly as she turns to get her coffee and almost bumps into me. “You have got to stay out of my way,” she chuckles as she sidesteps me.

“Sorry, I’ll be sure to give you some space,” I say as I shove my hands in my pockets to keep from touching her. “So what do you do in these meetings?”, I ask knowing the camera crew is following close behind us.

“Sudoku,” she responds as she pulls up the first page of paper to reveal a Sudoku book. I can’t help but laugh as I take a look around the conference room. Some other employees are there already, one doing a crossword puzzle, one doing what appears to be word searches and a couple of others are drawing or working on sketches.

“Do ya’ll always do puzzles during Tom’s meeting? Does Trace know ya’ll do this?” I ask as I take a seat next to her.

“Yeah, it was Trace’s idea. He got tired of us falling asleep.” Juliet says with a cheeky smile as Trace takes a seat next to her.

“That should be a nine,” he says as he points to her book. I can’t believe this is what happens in my clothing line office when I’m not here?

“Thanks T,” she says as she fills in the nine, “So are you going to tell him today?” I hear her ask Trace as he looks up at me and smiles.

“Maybe.” he responds just as Tom walks into the conference room, “Oh goody the meeting has started,” Trace mutters as him and Juliet share a giggle. Okay I’m officially kind of jealous of my best friend.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendj assistant celebrityj williamrast justinandtrace