*In Tom’s Office (Trace’s POV) *

 

“Trace? Justin? Can I see ya’ll outside?” Juliet asks us and I know something is up, “Tom, I need to talk with them, can you give us about 15-20 minutes?”

 

“Sure. Take all the time you need,” Tom tells her smiling softly. I think he’ll always have a soft spot for Juliet.

 

“Thank you so much,” Juliet tells him as Justin and I join her outside the office, she looks around before muttering, “Not here… outside.”

 

“What’s going on? Why do we need to talk outside?” Justin asks her as she grabs my pack of cigarettes and takes one.

 

She packs it against my lighter before sticking it in in-between her lips and lights it up. She inhales before slowly exhaling. She’s smoking so this can’t be good. Especially since she hasn’t smoke in seven months.

 

“Thad accepted another job offer,” she tells us as calmly as she can.

 

“What?” I shout as I take my pack back from her and light up a cigarette of my own, “Our whole restructuring was based on letting go of Tom and replacing him with Thad!”

 

“I know! He used that as leverage to pull a higher paying job,” Juliet says as she takes another puff, “Say what you want about Tom but he would have never done that.”

 

I know she’s right. She may not like him sometimes and she loves to make fun of him but Juliet respects Tom for his loyalty. She knows he would do anything for his employees and she did try to talk us out of firing him. I know her last statement is correct and I’m glad we didn’t fire Tom and make a mistake.

 

*Meanwhile in the Office *

 

“Tom, what’s going on?” Tray asked.

 

“We’re all getting fired, that’s what’s going on!” Tom said dramatically, scaring everyone in the office.

 

“What? What did they say?” Ashley asked since Juliet hadn’t told her anything about that!

 

“They said that there would be restructuring between the LA and NYC offices.” Tom told everyone.

 

“So, that doesn’t mean we’re all fired necessarily.” Jose said.

“Yeah Tom. I’m sure they’ll let us know more.” Tray said as Shea entered the office.

 

“What are you doing here?” Tom asked as Shea looked at him.

 

“I’m here for the restructuring meeting Tom. I am part of this company too.” Shea told him glaring at him, “Where are Trace and Justin? I really can’t deal with you now.”

 

This is the reason she went to NYC. The whole office was filled with tension the minute her and Tom were in the same space. They were perfect for each other but also perfectly wrong for each other.

 

“They’re outside with Juliet.” Tom explained to her.

 

“Really? Is she their favorite employee too…or was that just you?” Shea asked with an underlying bitter tone.

 

“Real funny dig there Shea. It only works if that person is in the room.” Tom said while rolling his eyes at her.

 

“Look Tom, we have to work together from now on. So, I propose we put our differences aside and focus on our work,” Shea told him throwing him a look that said that was final.

 

“I can deal with that right now because we may not be working together much longer,” Tom told her as Juliet, Justin, and Trace made their way back into the office.

 

“Juliet, what is going on? Is it true? Are we losing our jobs?” Ashley asked as the other employees looked on with worry.

 

“Tom,” Juliet hissed, knowing he would have been the one to tell them, “No Ash.”

 

“We are combining the LA office and the NYC office. Thad will be leaving the company, so we decided to join the two offices.” Trace told them, spinning it around as if it was the original plan to begin with.

 

“No one here is losing their job. This is our more profitable office so if there are any lay offs it will be within the NYC office. Those will be announced later on today. Everyone please get back to work,” Justin said as they returned to their desks accepting his answer, “Tray, Tom and Shea, can we see ya’ll in the conference room?”

 

You see, this is what Juliet loved in Justin, the way he was able to handle a stressful situation and turn it around. She loved the way he just oozed confidence sometimes but yet he could be very vulnerable on the same token.

 

*In Justin’s office (Juliet’s camera interview) *

 

“So there have been a lot of changes going on around here, but let’s start off with…how was New York?” Alex asked, as she got comfortable, it was weird for her sitting behind Justin’s desk.

 

“New York was fine. It’s not really my scene.” Juliet told him as the camera filmed.

 

“How was it working in the New York office?”

 

“It was okay. Shea just got on my nerves,” Juliet said but she caught herself, “Everyone has their differences.”

 

“How did she get on your nerves?”

 

“Well,” Juliet said as she bit her bottom lip, “She likes to insinuate stuff. I chalk it up to her jealousy from before.”

 

“From before?”

 

“When I was Tom’s assistant. She thought we were having an affair. Which of course couldn’t have been farther from the truth. She’s just weird like that.” Juliet finished not knowing what else to say.

 

“How was it working close with Tray again?”

 

“Pretty decent. Him and Shea are close.” Juliet said trying to remain tight lipped. She wasn’t stupid; she saw the looks and touches, and them going to lunch together everyday.

 

“Are you glad to be back in LA?”

 

“Most definitely. I can’t believe I ever left,” she says with a chuckle, “Things are good here now,” she finishes as she sees Justin standing outside of the conference room waiting for her to finish up, “I kind of have to go, can we cut this short?”

 

“Sure. We can finish after the big meeting.” Alex said throwing her a reassuring smile as she left Justin’s office and headed to his direction.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my crack!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendj assistant celebrityj williamrast justinandtrace