*In the New York City Office (Tray's POV)*

I've been working at the NYC office for about five months now and it has been crazy. Richard got fired two days before I even got here and Thad took his position. Then I found out Tom's ex Shea works in the NYC office. To my surprise she really isn't that bad. Honestly I don't know what she ever saw in Tom. He's just out there and she's pretty sane. I guess that's why they didn't work.

In fact she reminds me of Juliet. She's very pretty and smart but she doesn't ignore me like Juliet does. Shea actually listens to me and makes an effort to talk to me. Some of my best lunches have been with her. We just get each other. I even started hanging out with her outside of work. She's introduced me to the New York club scene. I'm in love with this city.

I know Shea is kind of freaking out though because Justin and Trace are coming for a visit to make sure everything is in order. I should be the one freaking out though, Juliet is coming and that means my evaluation is up. Those always make me nervous. I watch as the three of them make their way into our office only to be greeted by Shea and Thad.

I think there's trouble in paradise between Justin and Juliet though because Trace is standing between them. They're not even looking at each other and it makes me wonder if they broke up. Juliet plasters on a smile as she greets Shea and Thad. Aw...I think she broke the popstar's heart because he looks at her like a little lost puppy dog.

They all head into our conference room and Thad motions for me to follow them. I grab my pad and pen before walking into the conference room.

"Okay, we know there has been a lot of changes here recently but we're planning on making two more changes...small changes." Trace says and we all look in his direction.

"What changes?" Thad asks him.

"Well Juliet will be working here now and we would like Shea to join us in the LA office in two months."

Justin looks at Trace and Juliet with a shocked expression and I have a feeling he didn't know about this change. Juliet doesn't even turn in his direction when he excuses himself from the room. I do notice when Trace elbows Juliet and she excuses herself and follows in the direction Justin just went in. God, I would love to hear that conversation.

*Outside on the roof of the NYC office*

"What the hell was that?" Justin shouts as Juliet stands in front of him.

"You left me hanging for two months Justin! Two fucking months! After taking you back I realized I just didn't want to be alone...the hurt was still there. If we do this again it needs to be done right. I need time to myself to sort out if you're worth it or not. Maybe if you had told me your decision to begin with instead of waiting two months I wouldn't have doubted you but now..." Juliet tells him as she trails off.

"Is this what you really want?" Justin asks her, knowing that she's all he wants.

"This is what I need. I hope you can respect that." Juliet tells him walking away.

"I love you," Justin mutters as he walks up to her, turning her around to face him before crashing his lips down on hers.

"I really hope you do," Juliet tells him as she pushes him away and walks back to the office.

*Two months later in LA (Justin's POV)*

I've never been so depressed in my life. Juliet is in New York and for awhile. She took her fucking dogs with her! That's major, I mean if she had left them at least I would feel like she's coming back to me but I really don't know. I can't even bring myself to enter the office for fear I'll see her desk and break down.

It's been hard for Trace too. I think it's because he talks to her everyday about the going ons at the NYC office. It's awkward for him too. Like if he's speaking to her on the speaker phone and I walk into the room, her voice just gets to me. It reminds me of what an asshole I was in Norway. She's coming to LA today with Tray. We're finally firing him today so I have to go into the office. I hope she doesn't realize what a mess I've been without her.

"Hey man, come on. We got to make it to the office." Trace tells me as he rushes me out the door.

"Do I have to be there? She's going to know what a wreck I am," I tell him as he drives us to the office.

"Yes you do. Besides she wants to talk to you. I think you'll like her decision." He tells me and I look at him. That little prick knows something.

"You know her decision, don't you?" I ask him and he just smiles at me.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't. It sure is fun to watch you squirm." Trace tells me as I glare at him.

*At the Office (Juliet's POV)*

Oh my God, I might throw up. For the first time in two months I'm seeing Justin. It's not a mistake that I made him wait exactly two months. I just wanted him to know how it felt to be left hanging. I'm a little too mature to be playing games like this but I dated an asshole for five years. I need to make sure this time I'm not making a mistake.

I'm so nervous. Trace has been informing me of Justin's actions. How he mopes around, how he even cried, the nights he drank himself silly and admitted that he wanted me to marry him and move in. Trace is just a pot full of dirty information on Justin. I really do love him, I just hope everything works out for the best... for both our sakes.

"Hey hot stuff," Trace tells me as he walks up to me and smothers me with his hug.

"Hey, how's my hobbit doing?" I ask him in a muffled voice.

"Great, now that you're here. Hey you remember my best friend Justin? You remember, big idiot who needed some sense knocked into him," Trace says I notice Justin blushing.

He looks horrible. Incredibly sexy but horrible. He hasn't shaved in days and his normally clear blue eyes are red. He looks like he hasn't slept in days and I almost feel sorry for him.

"Yeah I think I remember him...was he the idiot in Norway? And New York? And LA?" I ask as Justin tries to duck behind Trace, I really don't think he realizes what he is trying to do.

"Yeah, he is a jerk. Too bad he didn't realize that sooner," Justin says quietly. We both turn and look at him and he takes my breath away with the honesty shining in his eyes.

"Justin, I've missed you," I tell him as he sighs and pulls me into his arms.

"I missed you too. What do you say we talk later?" He tells me before letting me go. I can tell he's trying not to rush me or my decision.

"Sure, we can do that," I tell him as we follow Trace into Tom's office.

"Tom, I just...no we just wanted to talk to you about some restructuring. We wanted to join the LA and NYC offices together." Trace explains to Tom as Juliet's cell phone rings.

"So are we all going to still have jobs?" Tom asks.

"Most will, some won't." Justin tells Tom, eyeing him.

"Am I among the will or the won't?" Tom asks Justin and Trace.

"That decision has not been made." Justin tells him and Justin looks over at me.

I really missed this. Our silent looks and communication. I know we're supposed to be serious right now but I can't help but smile at him. He smiles back at me and I guess it doesn't go unnoticed by Tom.

"We're talking about people's jobs here and you all are flirting and exchanging looks and winks," he yells at Justin and I.

We both turn to Trace who just bites his tongue and laughs at us. So much for support.

"Tom, don't turn this on me and Justin, like he said those decisions haven't been made. We're waiting for all the evaluations to come in. Please know we're trying to be fair here by letting you know." I tell him and he just nods his head. My cell phone rings again and I decide to answer it this time.

"Hello," I answer, "Excuse me gentlemen," I say as I leave Tom's office shutting the door behind me, "What? Hold on...when? How could you?" I say into the phone.

This can not be happening, not today. Not right now. I have to tell Trace and Justin.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my happy place!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendj assistant celebrityj williamrast justinandtrace