Author's Chapter Notes:
Hopefully this explains some of the changes being made in the office.

*At the office the next morning*

Justin and Juliet walked into the office hand in hand since Justin had stayed at her place last night. Granted they didn't do anything other than make out, cuddle, and sleep but they both felt giddy walking into the office together. They walked over to Beth's desk since she was in HR.

She greeted them with a smile as she gave them the form to sign that disclosed their relationship to the office. "I was wondering when you two were finally going to make it official." Beth told them as they smiled at each other and signed their names.

"I know. It's about time I asked her, right?" Justin told her causing her and Juliet to laugh.

They headed to Juliet's desk as Trace came walking in with Thad at his side. Justin released her hand as Trace and Thad approached and she reached out for her coffee cup from Trace.

"You look happy this morning." Trace told her eyeing Justin with a smirk.

"I am, so are we having this meeting now or later?" Juliet asked as her and Thad looked at Justin and Trace expectantly.

"We can have it now in my office once Tom gets here. Will you let us know when he arrives Jules?" Trace asked her as Thad headed into Trace's office.

"Sure, then I'll join ya'll to take the minutes. Does Tray need to be present?" She asked since Justin didn't really tell her the details.

"No, he doesn't. Just Tom. See you soon baby girl." Justin told her as he gave her a quick kiss and followed Trace to his office.

Juliet walked over to Tray's desk, dreading the fact that she had to talk to him in the first place. Especially since the incident yesterday at lunch and the glares he was throwing her and Justin's way as they talked to Beth this morning.

"Good morning Tray." Juliet said as she gripped her coffee cup with both her hands. She paused before blowing softly and taking a sip.

"Morning Juliet. Did you have a good night at Justin's?" Tray asked her with a smug smirk.

"I didn't stay at Justin's and even if I did it wouldn't be any of your business." Juliet told him rolling her eyes at his childish behaviour.

"Don't lie. I saw you two arrive together in the same vehicle. This whole time you two have been dating not once have you ever arrived together." Tray said as he watched her closely for her reaction.

"I'm not discussing my personal life with you. Can you just tell Tom when he gets here Justin and Trace need to see him in Trace's office?" Juliet asked not waiting for an answer as she turned around and headed back to her desk. She really hated Tray.

*30 minutes later*

"Good Morning Juliet. How are you this fine, nay, wonderful morning?" Tom asked as he approached her desk.

"Good Tom. You seem extra happy today." Juliet responded curious as to why he was so happy.

"I know. I have a date later today. It's a blind date on of my friends set me up on. I'm excited. So Trace and Justin want to see me?" Tom asked her eyeing her curiously.

"Yep. Follow me...I have to take the minutes. Good for you going on a date after you know who..." Juliet told him as they walked into Trace's office and took their seats.

*In the meeting (Thad's POV)*

So I'm sitting here praying... yes praying to every god I can think of that this meeting goes a whole lot better than our lunch meeting yesterday. I must say I was proud of Justin standing up to Tom and Tray yesterday and walking out of that restaurant. He seems to be all business today and very confident if not a tad bit arrogant when Tom walkes into the office. I notice the arrogantness fade though as Juliet walks into the office after Tom.

"Okay, so the reason Justin and I have called this meeting is because we feel some changes need to be made." Trace starts out and I can practically see Tom sweating in his seat. I'm not worried since Justin adn Trace filled me in while we were waiting for Tom.

"As you know we have a position in our New York office that needs to be filled immediately," Justin stated all the while looking at Juliet, I hope she realizes he is trying to protect her with this move, "We were thinking Tray would be great for that position." Justin finishes looking at Tom for his reaction.

I look over at Juliet to see her staring wide eyed at Trace and Justin. She's realizing they're talking about sending Tray to New York. Far, far away from her. She catches my gaze and we share a small smile, I know she's relieved. For once I think she has found someone who can look out and protect her all the while encouraging and letting her make her own decisions.

"Why Tray? What am I going to do without an assistant?" Tom asked as he looked at them confused.

"Tray asked about job advancements in the company. This would be that with a considerable paygrade. As far as your assistant goes..." Justin stated letting Trace pick up.

"Justin is going on tour soon and I will be staying here. So you and I will share an assistant much the way Justin and I share Juliet." Trace explained to Tom.

"So Juliet will be my assistant again?" Tom asked smiling at Juliet.

"No. She's going on tour with me to keep me up to date with all things pertaining to William Rast to make it easier for Rachel, my other personal assistant." Justin explained with a smirk as he looked at Juliet's shocked expression.

I almost laugh at her when she just shakes her head and glares at Justin a little. Guess he didn't inform her of his plans.

"What about Thad?" Tom asks as I turn my attention to him at the mention of my name.

"I'm going to New York to help Richard set things up right in the New York office. Also I'll help Tray get settled while I'm there." I explain knowing I'll be replacing Richard once he and Tray are fired.

"Oh, so does Tray know yet?" Tom asked as he looked back and forth between Justin, Trace, and me. Oh here come the fun part. It's only fitting that Justin break the news to him.

"No, we thought it would be best for him to hear it from you." Justin tells him not bothering to wipe the smug smirk off his face. A pissed off Justin is not a nice Justin. Thank God I respect him and Trace and I know my place.

"I have to tell him? What if he says no?" Tom asked and I hear the scoff from Justin.

"Yes you have to tell him and let him know no is not really an option if he wants to keep his job." Justin states as he leans back in his chair.

"Okay. If you insist." Tom says as he gets up and leaves Trace's office.

"Well I should leave. I have some things to wrap up back at my place to get ready for the move." I tell them as they all three nod at me and let me leave.

*After Thad leaves*

"So, when were ya'll going to tell me about all these mind blowing changes?" Juliet asked as she stared down Justin and Trace causing them to squirm in their seats.

"I was going to tell you this morning, but I got distracted. Seriously baby, you have to believe me." Justin told her trying to stay in her good graces.

"What about my apartment J? And my dogs?" Juliet asked as she continued to stare them down.

"I'm going to look after your place as well as make sure the rent is paid. As far as your dogs they can stay with me with Justin's or I can check on them at your apartment." Trace told her, she nodded her head satisfied with his answer.

"I'd prefer for them to stay with you. They would be depressed all alone. So I guess I have some things to pack after work today...Did I tell ya'll Tom has a date?" Juliet asked changing the mood in the room in an instant. The guys went from being scared of her one moment to laughing at her for gossiping the next.

"He does? Has she met him?" Justin asked entertaining his girlfriend's need for gossip.

"No, it's a blind date. His friends set him up with her. I didn't even know he had friends." Juliet said as she got up to leave the office.

"That was mean Jules." Trace told her trying to hold back his chuckle.

"It's the truth. Anyways I got work to do." Juliet told them as she left Trace's office and headed to her desk.

*In the conference room (Tom's camera interview)*

"So, word around the office is that you have a date tonight?" Alex asked as Tom took a seat.

"Yep. It's a blind date, I mean she's not blind. I just don't know her." Tom explains as he looks at the camera and lets out a nervous laugh.

"Good for you. How do you feel about all the changes being made?" Alex asked.

"Um...well Justin and Trace are doing what they feel is best for the company." Tom said as he looked away from the camera then back.

"Have you told Tray yet?"

"Um...no...not really." Tom said looking in the direction of Tray's desk.

Suddenly the door to the conference room flew open and there was Tray standing in the doorway.

"Tom. You're friend Danny called and he said...well he said Linda won't be able to make your date." Tray said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Oh, well we'll just reschedule," Tom said a little disappointed.

"We can't. She's...um...well...she's dead." Tray explained looking at Tom then at Alex then back at Tom.

"What? When?" Tom asked confused and bewildered.

"Last night, she apparently choked on a sandwich. The neighbors noticed when in the morning all her cats were on the porch. They said she always let them in before going to bed so they called the cops and they found her dead inside her condo." Tray explained feeling bad for Tom.

"Oh my God....oh my God," Tom muttered as he left the conference room and headed out onto the floor of the office, "Everyone listen up," He said as Justin, Trace, and Thad walked out of their offices and everyone looked up from their desks, "My date Linda died last night. She choked on a sandwich."

"Oh my God, what kind of sandwich?" Juliet asked trying not to laugh at how serious Tom was being. He didn't even know the girl.

"I believe it was a tuna salad sandwich but I really don't know. The police haven't released all the details." Tom told her.

"Yeah, I mean those are pretty serious sandwiches to eat." Juliet said in all seriousness throwing Trace a look when he chuckled, "Just so you know Tom, I will never look at another Tuna Salad Sandwich the same," Juliet said shaking her head.

"Thank you Jules. We should take a moment of silence for her and the special part she played in my life." Tom said as he bowed his head.

"You didn't eve know her though." Justin said.

"Really Justin?" Tom said as he raised his head to look at Justin.

Justin looked up at the camera crew before looking over at Juliet for backup but instead she just shook her head from side to side at him in disappointment before muttering, "How could you?" at him.

"So insensitive J." Trace said shaking his head at Justin too.

He just threw them both a glare noticing how they were trying not to laugh.

"I already made reservations so does anyone know of a lady I can take out?" Tom asked.

"I do Tom. Her name is Wendy. She's a hot little red head. She should be free tonight. I'll bring you her number." Trace told him as Juliet let out a little scoff.

"We don't know a Wendy." Justin said looking at Trace confused.

"Sure you do. You remember Wendy, she makes really great hamburgers, frosties, and fries." Juliet told him throwing him a look that said 'Shut Up.'

"Oh that Wendy." Justin said finally catching on.

"Okay, I'll be in my office grieving." Tom said as he headed into his office and shut the door behind him.

"Oh my God, he didn't even know her. Do we really have to find him a date? I mean he's old enough to be my dad." Ashley asked as she leaned against Juliet's desk.

"I don't know." Juliet said not knowing if Tom was serious or not.

"I don't know anyone I hate enough to set up with Tom." Jose, one of the guys from accounting, stated as the other employees and designers chuckled at him.

"Well, all I know is that I am taking the rest of the day off. Enjoy finding a date for Tom." Juliet told them as she watched Rachel make her way into the office.

"Hey girl, Are you ready for lunch and to go shopping?" Rachel asked as she walked up to Juliet giver her a quick hug.

"Yep, sure am. Let me tell Justin goodbye. Have you've seen his office?" Juliet asked Rachel as they walked to Justin's office.

*Later in the day*

Tom looked up as he heard a knock on his office door. "Come in," he muttered as the door swung open and there was Trace with a piece of paper.

"Thought I would drop this by before Justin and I left for the day. Hope your date goes well." Trace said as he placed the piece of paper on Tom's desk and waved goodbye as him and Justin left the office.

"Here goes nothing," Tom muttered to himself before picking up the phone and calling the number on the paper.

"Wendy's, how can I help you?" The female voice on the other end stated.

"Um...hi...is Wendy there?" Tom asked into the phone.

"This is Wendy's." The female voice stated.

"Can I speak to Wendy?" Tom asked.

"Dude, Wendy is not here. This is a Wendy's restaurant." The female voice stated in an agitated tone.

"Oh," Tom stated, "Stupid Trace," he muttered into the phone, "Can I place my order for chicken nuggets, fries, and a frosty? When will it be ready?"

"It's ready now sir. We don't do phone orders."

"Just put it aside and I'll send someone to pick it up." Tom said.

"It's ready now." The female voice said a little firmer.

"Just put it aside." Tom said hanging up the phone before muttering, "Thanks a lot Trace."

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback makes me happy and makes me write and update more.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendj assistant celebrityj williamrast justinandtrace