*At lunch (Tom's POV)*

I watch from the restaurant as Justin gets down and the camera flashes from the paparazzi start to go off. Juliet just smiles as he helps her down and they walk in hand in hand. I really miss Juliet being my personal assistant. Sometimes I wish Justin wasn't my boss because he would make a suggestion and I could turn him down.

I hope he leaves the office soon. Then I'll get my personal assistant back and my authority back. Ever since Trace and Justin started hanging around the office more all the designers and employees turn to them instead of me. Even Thad, my number two. Right now it seems the only employee on my side is Tray. So when he came to me and told him how Juliet treated him and how she chose lunch with Justin over lunch with us... I walked over there and demanded that she come to lunch with us.

All I have to say is Thank God. Justin is a workaholic. I knew just mentioning the photo shoot would reel him in. He actually fell for it, even ignored Juliet for awhile. I would have hated to be in that Jeep with them after what happened in the office. They seemed okay now and that's too bad I kind of wanted to see them argue over lunch. I know that sounds cruel but who doesn't like a bit of drama?

"Honey, where do you want to sit?" Justin asked Juliet as she pointed out a place and Justin pulled out her chair for her before taking a seat next to her.

We all take our seats around the table. I take a seat across from Justin, Tray sits across from Juliet and Thad sits next to her. Her and Justin are looking over the menu and whispering to one another. I know that they are dating, you would have to be a fool or stuck under a rock to not know, but do they have to act like that while we're trying to have a meeting?

*At the table (Thad's POV)*

You know normally I try not to put myself in awkward positions like this. I was perfectly happy letting Juliet and Justin have their private lunch together, hell after an annoying day at the office I would prefer a lunch by myself. I actually tried to stand up for them but Tom and Tray weren't having any of it.

This whole lunch is going to be weird. Juliet and Justin are talking amongst themselves and a little bit to me. I think they realize this was all Tom and Tray's idea. Speaking of Tom he is just glaring at Justin. I think he thinks that Justin is trying to get rid of him. Tray, well Tray is staring at Juliet and I can telll Justin is getting annoyed because he's clinching his jaw. This is not going to be a good lunch for anyone, I think as the waiter takes our orders.

"So, should I take notes?" Juliet asks as she pulls out her cell phone and this little device that sends light onto the table making it into an instant keyboard. I've seen her use it a million times but it's still cool to watch.

"No, this is lunch." Tom tells her and I hear her sigh.

"No Tom, this is a lunch meeting. Meaning things will be discussed that will need to by typed up for future reference. I just need to know if I'm taking the notes or is Tray?" She asks as she throws me a look causing me to chuckle. Just like old times.

"Tray is." Justin states throwing her little device to Tray from across the table almost hitting him.

"How does this work?" Tray asked as he fumbled with the small device.

"Hook it up to your phone and press the one button on it." Justin tells him with a hint of cockyness in his voice.

That's the thing about Justin, if you piss him off he becomes arrogant and cocky towards you. Usually one would argue that Juliet helps calm that side down but you see Tom and Tray pissed her off too. So I don't really see her sticking up for them anytime soon.

"Well I'm sorry... I've never used this before." Tray snaps at him and we all turn to Justin for his reaction.

"Learn to use it." Justin says calmly before reaching into his pocket, pulling out his wallet. He reaches in it pulling out a couple of bills throwing them on the table before stating, "I'm sorry gentlemen but I must excuse myself before I beat the ever loving shit out of someone," he says as his eyes cut to Tray, "Come on baby girl, we're leaving," he tells Juliet, helping her out of her chair.

I stand up as Juliet stands up to leave the table with him. I just smile at her as she mouths 'Sorry' to me and I just shake my head letting her know I'll be fine. I really don't blame Justin for getting up to leave when he did. I know he just wants to get out of here before his temper gets the best of him. I just watch in amazement as he walks over to Tray and snatches the little device out of his hands before muttering, "Write the fucking notes in your own blood next time for all I care," before he practically pulls Juliet out of the restaurant.

*Going to Justin's Jeep (Justin's POV)*

"Baby, you're hurting me." I hear Juliet mutter to me as I pull her to my Jeep. I look down and realize the grip I have on her wrist before I let go.

"I'm sorry honey." I tell her as I walk up to her and cup her face in my hands pulling her close to me, "I just wanted to get us out of there," I tell her as I open her door and help her into my Jeep.

"I understand, I don't think my wrist does, but I do." She tells me with a giggle as I put on my seatbelt and let out a sigh.

"I don't think I can do this anymore," I tell her as her eyes widen and I realized how that sounded, "No baby! I mean working with Tom and Tray," I say and she lets out a sigh then a laugh.

"I so thought you meant us," she says shaking her head, "Don't you need help somewhere else like the new New York office?"

I know she's just throwing that out there and didn't think it through, but that sounds like a great idea. I kind of need Tom to stay in LA but Tray... Tray wants to climb the ladders, that's why I hired him to begin with. He has drive and ambition and New York would be great for him. The best part being that he would be away from Juliet and me. Why didn't I think of this sooner, because my girl is smarter than me.

"Justin? Honey? Are you listening to me?" Juliet asks me breaking me out of my thoughts and I grin at her sheepishly.

"Sorry baby girl. I was just thinking, so where do you want to go for lunch?" I ask her as we leave the restaurant and Tom and Tray behind.

*At Justin's house later in the day (Trace's POV)*

"So you think Tray would be good for our New York office?" I asked Justin curiously because this was not my best friend.

"Yeah. Same position for him just helping Richard instead of Tom. It would come with a paygrade and he did ask about advancement opportunities during his interview." Justin explained excitedly, he was pacing back and forth like a madman. "I mean moving him across the country would only help us, right?"

"Probably, I don't know man... Richard's a hard ass. Tom's a bit weird and has run off his few share of assistants but Richard makes his cry before he runs them off. Aren't we trying to get rid of Richard?" I ask because I specfically remember talking to Justin about firing Richard.

"Yeah but we can fire him after we run off, or should I say, Richard runs Tray off." Justin says throwing me a sly smile.

"I getcha now." I tell him as we get ready to head over to Juliet's.

Everything is going to work out fine. Tray thought he could scheme but when Justin's back is pushed against the wall he can be just as sneaky. He didn't get as far as he has come by letting people push him around. This is his business and his life and mine as well. Nothing and no one is going to jepordize that.

*At Juliet's Apartment (Juliet's POV)*

So far only Rachel adn Joanna were here. Of course we had to wait for the boys. I swear they take more time than we do. We were getting all the drinks together. Of course we got Jack and Coke for Trace, beer for Justin, and mojitos, cosmos, and magaritas for us. Rachel thought it would be great if we got the Awesome Blossom Onion from Chili's so she showed up with three as well as their lettuce wraps that she knows I love and their southwestern spring rolls. So now we have everything get up and the boys aren't even here and we're all kind of little tipsy because we been drinking waiting for them.

So it doesn't surprise me when they knock and Rachel is stumbling to the door ahead of me. Joanna is just laughing at us from her spot on the couch. She's a smart bitch, sitting down instead of attempting to walk. I laugh my ass off as Rachel trips over Java who is laying in the hallway. I get to the door first swinging it open greeting Justin and Trace with a wide smile. Their confused faces glance at me, then to Rachel on the floor getting licked on the face by Java, and Joanna spread out on the couch laughing her ass off.

"Having fun?" Justin asks as he walks into my apartment before wrapping me up in his arms.

"Loads. We're kind of tipsy." I tell him as he chuckles.

"More like fucking drunk." Trace says with a chuckle as he walks over to Joanna. He plops himself on my couch pulling her close to him.

"Let's start this shit." Rachel says as she plops on my loveseat as Juno and Java join her.

"Season One Bitches." Joanna yells all of a sudden causing us all to laugh as she puts Season One in the DVD player before stumbling back to the couch and Trace.

"Ya'll got the Awesome Blossom! Ya'll rock!" Trace tells us as he takes a bite.

"Yep with extra Awesome." Joanna, Rachel, and me say at the same time before laughing together.

"Let's get this party started." Justin says as he pulls me down onto my chair and a half causing us to be really close beside each other, not that I'm complaining about that.

"Yep 'cause Ain't no party like a Scranton Party!" I say with a giggle as the DVD starts and we all get comfortable.

*Later that night (Justin's POV)*

"Well that was fun. We better be going before I pass out on Trace." Joanna tells us as her and Trace get up to leave.

I've never understood everyone's fascination with The Office but now that I've seen all four seasons on DVD I understand it. It reminded me of our office somewhat. All of Jim's pranks on Dwight gave me ideas to play on Trace. I also get why Juliet calls Trace hobbit now. I'm we're going to get together when the new season starts because tonight was fun and relaxing. Even though my girl cried at the Casino Night episode. She's even started calling me her Jim. I hope I can be her Jim just like she's my Pam. Okay, now I just sound cheesy.

"Okay, ya'll be careful. Have a good night." Juliet told them as they left.

"So, Jules I'll meet you tomorrow for lunch." Rachel told her as she got her stuff, "Night J, behave," my cousin told me as she winked at me before she left.

"Thanks for coming over." Juliet says as she walks up to me and wraps her arms around my waist. I sigh as she rests her head against my chest.

"I love coming over. I love being alone with you too." I tell her as my fingers graze her face. I pull her closer to me before cupping her face in my hands. I lean down capturing her lips with my own. I nibble and lick her bottom lip before she opens her mouth allowing my access. I go dizzy in the head as her tongue snakes out to play with mine. I feel her fingernails digging into my hips trying to pull me closer to her. Finally we both brake away panting for air. I rest my forehead against her forehead staring into her eyes, "Will you be my girlfriend?" I whisper to her.

She just smiles before she whispers, "Yes."

She's my girlfriend! How did I get so lucky? I'm in love with her and I hope she loves me too because I don't see my surviving without her.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback makes me happy!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendj assistant celebrityj williamrast justinandtrace