Story Notes:
Inspired by The Office. See if you can pick out the characters.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I really shouldn't be starting another story but I had an idea and had to run with it.
“Justin? Are you listening to me?” Trace asked as he waved his hand in front of Justin’s face.

“Huh?...What?...Yeah I’m listenin’ buddy.”, he mutters as he turns his gaze back to the girl standing beside Tom taking notes.

“Really? What did I say?” Trace asked as he followed Justin’s gaze, “That’s Juliet, Tom’s personal assistant.”

“What?” Justin asked as he turned his attention to Trace.

“The chick you’re staring at. She’s Tom’s personal assistant. Real cool girl, granted I’ve only met her a couple of times. Always cleaning up before and after Tom’s shit.” Trace said with a chuckle.

“Oh,” is all Justin can say before taking a look at her again, “So, what were you sayin’ man?” He asks as he finally gives Trace his full attention.

“Tom signed us up for some documentary about how we run William Rast. So there is going to be a camera crew around the office for a couple of months. He would like for us to make an appearance every now and then.” Trace explains as Justin throws him a look.

“Are you serious? I have enough cameras in my life already!” Justin says as he rubs his hands over his face and lets out a sigh.

“No but it’ll focus on the employees here and let them explain in their own words their job in the company and what goes on around here.”, he explains, “I think it’s a pretty good idea. Plus the director or whatever is friends with Juliet. He needs to direct a documentary for his class project and thought William Rast would be a great subject. She thought it was a great idea too.”

“So really Juliet brought up the idea?” Justin asked as he turned his gaze to her again.

“Yeah I guess so...I told you she’s always cleaning up after Tom...does it really matter?” Trace asked as he scratched his head. He didn’t understand why Justin was so obsessed about who’s idea it was.

Justin didn’t answer Trace’s question just merely responded with, “Yeah. It sounds like a great idea. Plus, it would put our line out there more.”

“Dude, what’s up with you today?” Trace asked as he stared at Justin with a worried look on his face.

“How long has she worked here?” Justin asked as he looked back at Trace ignoring Trace’s question.


“I don’t know a couple of months.” Trace said not really seeing why it mattered.

“How come I’ve never seen her?” Justin asked his blue eyes probing into Trace’s brown ones, a curious look on his face.

“I don’t know. She has to follow Tom everywhere. I guess you don’t come to the offices that much. You know with you touring and all but you’ll get to know her now that you’re on a break.” Trace said getting tired of talking to the brick wall that was his best friend.

“Oh.” Justin responded taking one more look at Juliet who was writing down something as Tom laughed with whoever he was talking too. Justin didn’t know much of the employees that worked there just the designers. “Cool.”

“Can we go eat now?” Trace asked as he shook his head at Justin.

“Sure. Let’s go.” Justin said as they left Trace’s office walking towards Tom and Juliet.

“Justin, Mr. Popstar and Trace, that is laced. It’s good to see you here!” Tom said as Justin threw Trace a look as if to say ‘what the hell was that?’

“Yeah, its good to be here. How are you Tom? And Juliet?” Trace asked as he tried to stifle his laughter. Tom really did try to hard sometimes to be cool.

“I’m good Trace. Thanks for asking.” Juliet responded as she mouthed an ‘I’m sorry for him’ to him and Justin instantly causing Justin to smile.

“Hi, I’m Justin Timberlake.” Justin said as he held out his hand to her watching as she moved her pad and pen to her other hand to shake his with her right hand.

“Juliet Ljungberg, I’m a big fan of your music but your movies, not so much.”, she responded with a wink causing him to chuckle.

“Really? I thought everyone loved the sex scene in Black Snake Moan.” Justin said as he joked with her.

“Really? I thought she was faking it. Or at least it seemed like she would fake it. You can’t be that good.” She said raising her eyebrow challenging him. He was going to have to watch out for this one.

“I’m sure he is that good. If you know what I mean.” Tom butted in chuckling to himself as everyone stood there awkwardly after his statement.

“So,” Trace drawled out as he scratch his head, “Um...we better get to that lunch meeting J.”

“Meeting?” Justin asked looking at Trace confused, then it dawned on him, “Oh yeah the meeting. So it was great seeing you Tom,’ he said awkwardly, “and meeting you Juliet,” he finished with a smile.

“Have a good day. Enjoy ya’lls lunch.” Juliet said throwing Justin off with her ‘ya’ll’.

‘A southern girl.’ Justin thought to himself with a small smile gracing his face.

“You too.” Trace responded as they left the office leaving her with Tom.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback (like always) is always welcomed if not encouraged. lol


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendj assistant celebrityj williamrast justinandtrace