Thursday Evening:

    "Robyn," Joey called her name again.  She didn't stir.  He touched her shoulder and gave her a gentle shake.  "Rob, wake up, sweetheart," he tried being a little louder.  Nothing.  Joey shrugged.  This was going to require something a little more.  Joey moved to the foot of the bed and grabbed the blankets.  "Robyn!" he hollered as he whisked the blankets off her.  "Time to get up!"

    Robyn growled and slowly opened her eyes.  "What do you want?" she asked snarkily.

    "What do you mean, ‘What do I want'?  I want you to get up!"  Joey snapped back.

    "Well there's no need to be all pissy about it," she retorted, making full use of her pout.

    "Yeah, well, next time, I'll just let you sleep through," he mumbled as he turned away from her.

    Robyn sat up and stretched and looked at Joey.  He looked really mad and she didn't blame him.  She crawled over the mattress and worked her way into his lap.  "I'm sorry, Joey.  I'm not the easiest person in the world to wake up and I'm not very happy when I do.  I didn't mean to snap at you."

    Joey smiled, "Yeah, I can see you don't wake up happy.  I'll try to remember that.  I'm sorry too.  I'll try to find a better way to wake you up."  Joey brushed her hair back from her face and placed gentle kisses across her forehead and down her cheek.

    "Whoa there, Joe!  Before you go too far there, was there a reason for waking me up?"

    Joey shook his head.  "No reason," he muttered against her lips, "Just kiss me."

    "No reason?  You woke me up for no reason?"  She laughed.

    Joey pulled away and gave her an exasperated look.  "Yes, there was a reason, but I was enjoying kissing you and didn't want to get into it.  But, seeing as the mood is now gone..." he pouted.

    "Oh, I'm sorry, did I kill the mood?" she asked innocently.

    "Give it up, Babe, you are not pulling off that sweet and innocent act on me," he tried to look stern.

    "But, Joey, whatever are you talking about?" she smiled.

    Joey sat up and pulled away from Robyn.  "What I'm talking about, Dear heart, is that I know you're not as naïve as you pretend.  Anyway, the doctor is coming to see you soon, so you need to be up and ready."  Joey fussed around, helping Robyn sit up and propping her on some pillows.

    The doctor arrived shortly thereafter and checked Robyn over.  She was pleased to hear that Robyn had stopped vomiting and that she had gotten so much rest.  Nevertheless, she ordered Robyn on bed rest for another two days.  The virus had hit Robyn so hard because she had been rundown, and the doctor wanted her to rest up and start taking better care of herself.  They ended up agreeing that Robyn could rejoin the tour on Sunday as long as she was eating by then.

    Joey promised the doctor he would keep an eye on Robyn and make sure she started eating better and getting more sleep.  As soon as the doctor left, he called Tank and asked him to take care of changing Robyn's flights and informing Melinda that Robyn would be off for an extra day.  

    Joey ordered up dinner for himself and chicken soup for Robyn.  While they waited for that to be delivered, he remade the bed and tucked Robyn in.  After he had accepted the food tray from room service, he flipped on the television and brought up the movie listings.  

    "Shall we watch a movie?" he asked.    

    "Sure, that sounds good," she replied.    

    They chose a movie and ate their dinner in relative silence.  Joey watched to make sure that Robyn ate her soup.  As soon as he finished eating, Joey got on the bed beside her and put his arm around her.  Joey wasn't too surprised when Robyn nodded off about half way into the movie.  He watched the end of the movie and then snuggled down beside her just so he could hold her all night.  It sure wasn't the way he had pictured spending his honeymoon, but he was with her, so it was OK.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: proposal joey