Author's Chapter Notes:
Just to clarify, this is just a little later on Thursday morning than the Prologue.
Thursday morning:

    Robyn stirred, moaning slightly.  Joey chuckled softly at the kitten-like way she was waking up.  Robyn stretched her back in a curve and rubbed her face against his chest.  She moaned as she awoke, feeling pain all over.

    "Ugh!"  Robyn slowly sat up.  She turned and noticed Joey beside her.  "Joe?  What's going on?"

    "I seem to be asking you this question a lot lately, but how much do you remember from last night?" he queried.

    "Why?  What happened?  Did I pass out?" she asked in shock.

    "No, no, Honey, not exactly.  Come back and cuddle with me.  Tell me what you remember and I'll fill in the blanks for you."  He held the covers up and patted the spot she had just moved from.  

Robyn lay down, but kept her distance for now, "Well, I remember Elvis and Marilyn Monroe stood up for us and we got married in a 50s style doo-wop kinda place.  (Although, now that I think about it, that does kind of seem like a weird dream.)  And we came here to our room and that's about it.  Why am I so sore?  What did you do to me?  I mean, I know it's supposed to hurt the first time, but this is ridiculous!" she groaned.

    Joey laughed.  "No, Babe, that wasn't me.  We haven't...uh...we didn't...  Rob, you got sick last night, really sick, with like a stomach flu or something."

    "Oh," she replied as she closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead.  "That would explain a lot."

    "You were a little out of it, and it turned out you had a fever.  Then you started barfing.  I have never seen anyone throw up as much as you did last night!  Tank had to get a doctor in for you because I was afraid to leave you."

    "Aw, you stayed with me?  Most guys wouldn't have."  She was touched.

    "Of course I stayed with you!  I don't know about the guys you've been with before, Rob, but I promised in sickness and in health and I meant it."  He gently stroked her forehead.  "Anyway, the doctor gave you a shot of Gravol so you could stop vomiting and sleep it off.  She'll be back to check on you again in a few hours and if all is well, you can eat something later."

    "Some honeymoon.  I'm so sorry, Joe."

    "Don't be, Sweetheart," he kissed her temple.  "We'll have plenty of nights together later.  How are you feeling today?"

    "Kinda foggy.  I really just want to go to back to sleep."

    "No problem.  I'm going to get a shower and then run out and pick up a few things while you're sleeping.  But first, I want you to sit up so you can take some more gravol."  

 Joey helped her sit up and propped a couple of pillows behind her.  He placed some pills in her palm and passed her a drink to take them with.

She dutifully swallowed the pills and looked thoughtfully at her shirt.  "Joey, I wasn't wearing this T shirt yesterday."

"Nope, you weren't," he agreed.

"This isn't even my shirt."

"Right again," he smiled.

Robyn gave him a shove, "Don't be a doofus.  Come on, tell me how I ended up wearing this."

"Well, when you got your shot, you kinda flaked out on me, and you looked really uncomfortable in your dress, so I helped you change."

Rob felt her face flame in embarrassment.  

Joey tried to ease her discomfort quickly.  "Does it make you feel better to know that I did it with my eyes closed so that I could save that for a time when we are both conscious?"

Robyn met his eyes and laughed.  "You did?  How did you do that?"

"It wasn't easy, let me tell you!" he grinned as he hugged her.

"Thank you," she whispered in his ear before brushing a gentle kiss across his cheek.

"Anytime," he whispered back as he touched his forehead to hers.  Joey eased Robyn back on the bed and tucked her in.  He kissed her forehead.

"Get some rest, Sweetie.  I've got my phone, so if you need anything before I get back, just call, OK?"

Robyn nodded sleepily.  "OK."

Joey was getting ready for the shower when she called out, "Hey, Joe?"

He wrapped a towel around his waist and peeked out the door, "Yeah?"

"Did I puke on you or was that a nightmare?"

"Nope, that wasn't a dream.  You got me."

She covered her mouth with her hand.  "I am so sorry!"

He grinned.  "Don't worry, it was only my pants, Babe, and they are already being cleaned.  Now get some sleep."

    "OK.  Night," she mumbled.  Robyn was asleep before Joey even got into the shower.  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: proposal joey