Wednesday Morning

    As near as Robyn could figure, it was the ass-crack of dawn when she got her wake-up call that was nearly at the mobile office.  She got a muttered good morning as she trudged to the front of the bus from Justin who was sleepily pouring his orange juice into his bowl of cereal.  Joey was also up, but he seemed to be actually awake.

    "Good morning, Beautiful!" he chirped.  Joey pulled her into a tight hug and gave her a quick kiss.

    "Joe!" she whispered, "We're not alone!"

    He just put his forehead to hers and laughed.  "Don't worry," he whispered back, "Justin's not awake yet.  He hasn't even realized he's got juice instead of milk," Joey nodded in Justin's direction.  "If he asks later, I'll just tell him he was dreaming.  Have a good day, OK?  I'll pick you up at your room about 3:00 so we can go see that show."

    "OK," she nodded.  "I'll be ready!"

    Joey handed her the travel mug.  "Breakfast of champions," he smiled and gave her a wink as he propelled her towards the door.  

    Robyn stopped cold.  "Joey, I don't drink coffee," she frowned at him.  "I thought you knew that."  Maybe he wasn't as into her as he had made it seem.

    Joey laughed.  "Of course I do!  It's not coffee.  It's Coke.  I figured you might need your caffeine jolt to get you going this morning."

    She smiled and gave him a quick hug.  "Aw, thanks, Joe.  You think of everything."


Later on Wednesday

    Despite the fact that both thought that 3:00 would never come, time sped by them.  Before she knew it, Robyn was standing in front of her mirror giving herself one last look over and Joey was knocking on the door.  

    "Hey!" she smiled as she opened the door.

    "Hey!" he responded as he leaned in and gave her a quick kiss after first checking up and down the hallway to be sure the coast was clear.

    She opened the door wider and ushered him in.  When she turned after closing the door, she ended up in Joey's arms.  "Shit, Joe!  You scared me!"

    Joey giggled.  "I can't believe how jumpy you are!  Don't tell me that Robyn ‘Ms-Nothing-Flusters-Me-Ever' Daniels is nervous?"

    "For your information, Mr. Fatone, I am NOT nervous!"  She gave him a half smile.  "I am terrified!"

    "Don't be scared, baby, everything will be OK," he assured her as he squeezed her hands.

    "I hope you're right," Robyn met Joey's eyes and then her jaw dropped.  "Wha-you-where's your beard?"

    Joey let out a rousing guffaw.  "Last I saw it, it was in my sink.  Why?  Don't you like this?"  He rubbed his now bare chin and gave her his cheesiest grin.

    "I-I don't know," Robyn reached out tentatively to touch his smooth cheek.  "You look so different!"

    "That's what I was hoping for, just enough difference to throw off any fans who may see us."

    "I guess that makes sense," she conceded, "But can you grow it back?"

    "Sure, I'll start right now," he teased.    



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: proposal joey