Tuesday Evening

    Robyn shopped until she pretty much dropped.  It took her quite a while to track down some of the more obscure items on the guys' lists.  She also took some time to do some shopping for herself and picked up a few items from Victoria's Secret.  JC had been right of course; she wasn't buying lingerie for her cousin.  Her cousin's shower gift had been purchased and shipped long ago.  She was really buying lingerie for herself.  She might not be having a real honeymoon, but she could still make an effort anyway.  

    Robyn returned to the venue, unloaded the guys' purchases on their bunks and grabbed her overnight bag.  Since the guys were on stage, Robyn took advantage of the empty dressing room and grabbed a shower.  She changed into her customary travel clothes, flannel pyjama pants and a t-shirt.  Robyn grabbed an apple and a bottle of water from craft services and headed back out to the bus.  It wasn't often that she got quiet time alone and she was planning on making the most of it.  

    When Joey and the other guys thumped up the bus steps later, they found Robyn curled up in the comfy chair wearing one of Justin's sweatshirts.  She had an open book in one hand and a partially eaten apple in the other and she was dead to the world.  They tried to be quiet and tiptoed considerately around her, but they needn't have worried, she was so tired it would have taken a lot more to wake her.  

    After Lonnie double-checked to make sure all of his charges were on the bus, they got underway.  When the bus left the underground parking lot of the arena and was spotted by fans, the ensuing screams were what finally woke Robyn.  She was startled and fell forward, dropping her book and apple.  She would have fallen right over except that Justin was walking by and hoisted her back into her chair by the waistband of her pants before she face-planted into the floor.  

    "Whoa there, cowgirl!  Where ya goin'?" he laughed.

    Robyn looked groggily at him, "Wha?"

    "You OK, hun?"  Justin asked.

    Robyn rubbed her eyes, "Sure, m'fine."  She got to her feet and stumbled towards her bunk.

Justin caught her as she teetered off balance when the bus went down the curb.  He held her with her back against his chest, one arm looped around her waist and the other braced against the side of the bus.  He bent to speak in her ear.  "Where you headed, Rob?"

"Dunno," she turned and looked up at him confusedly.  "Not ‘wake."

"I know you're not awake yet," he smiled.  "Why don't you sit here beside JC and Chris until you are more alert?"  Justin steered Robyn into the empty seat.  

"Hey, nice sweatshirt," Justin grinned at her.  

Robin frowned at him.  "Go ‘way."

"Go away?  You steal my sweater and you're mad at me?"  

Robyn pouted and nodded.  She slowly turned to see both JC and Chris laughing at her, pulled the hood of the sweatshirt up to hide from them and leaned back in the seat.

"I was cold," she mumbled.  A sharp corner rolled her head on JC's shoulder.  She tried to sit up, but JC just put his arm around her shoulder and patted her head, ruffling her hair.  

"Stay there, sugar.  You're gonna fall over again anyway.  If you're awake enough, we're going to watch the movie now."

"M'kay," she muttered, shifting her weight around, trying to get comfortable against the skinny man.

Chris got up to put the movie on.  Joey walked back to join them.  "Hey, what's up?"

"It's B movie night thanks to Robyn's skillful searching today.  We're watching UHF.  Wanna join us?"

"UHF?  Is that the Weird Al movie?"  Lance asked from the front of the bus.

"Of course!"  Chris answered.  "Bring the popcorn, will you Lance?"

Lance brought popcorn, Justin brought the drinks and Joey brought his travel blanket.  He draped it over Robyn's lap and then sat down next to her.  He pulled Robyn's feet into his lap, "There, feel a little warmer now?" he asked as he patted her feet.
Robyn nodded, "Thanks."

    Robyn managed to stay awake for the whole movie.  She surprised them all by the fact that she not only had seen the movie before, but she could also quote lines at random.

"Badgers?  We don't need no stinkin' badgers!"

      "Supplies!"

"You so stupid!"  

    All six laughed their way through the movie.  It was a good way to relieve some of the stress that had been building up over the last few weeks.  After tomorrow, they would have some well-deserved time off.  Time Joey planned on spending indoors getting better acquainted with the woman who would by then be his wife.  

    As the credits rolled, everyone started to collect themselves and head towards their bunks to sleep for the remainder of their trip.  JC held back.  "Robyn?  Got a minute?"

    She looked up and met his blue eyes.  Something was going on, but she couldn't tell what it was.  "Uh, sure, JC.  What's up?"

    JC waited until the rest had cleared the room.  "So, how was your shopping trip?"

    "Fine, I got everything on your list, but you knew that already and I am pretty sure that is not what you want to talk about."

He looked slightly chagrined.  "No, you're right.  So, did you find everything on your list?"

    Robyn's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.  "My list?"

    JC sighed.  "Your shopping, you know, Victoria's-mmph!"

    Robyn slapped her hand quickly over JC's mouth.  "Shut up!"  She looked down the hallway to make sure he hadn't been overheard.  "Yes," she whispered, "I found what I was looking for."

    "Cool, so let me see."

    Now her eyebrows shot up.  "Nuh-uh, I don't think so!"

    "Why not?  Don't you want my opinion to be sure your cousin's husband will like it?"
    Robyn crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.  "What gives, JC?  You know that I know that you know it's not for my cousin.  If there is something you'd like to talk about, just get to the point already!  I'm really tired and I'd like to get some sleep because when we get to the hotel, I'm going to work, not to sleep like you."

    JC gave a defeated sigh.  "Robyn, I'm just worried about you.  You're like a sister to me and I feel like I've got to look out for you.  I know your views on sex and I know you want to wait for the One, so when you're asking me for my opinion as a guy about sexy lingerie, I'm concerned for you."

    Robyn rolled her eyes.  "JC!  Number one, you don't have to protect me, get over it.  Number two, I'm a grown woman, if I want to screw up my life, let me, OK?  Number-shoot, where was I?  Forget it!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you were giving me advice on how to appear in that lingerie too."  She calmed down a bit.  "Look, J, I'm OK, really.  I'm not doing something stupid and I will be careful, OK?"

    He put his hands on her shoulders and made her look him in the eye.  "Who is this guy, Rob?  Who is it that made you give up your dream?"

    "I can't tell you who he is, but I can promise you that I'm not giving up any of my dream."

    "Do you hear yourself?  He won't let you tell anyone about the two of you?  Does that sound like a healthy relationship?  Does that sound like someone who is going to treat you right?"

    She cracked a smile and shook her head.  "JC, I'm the one who doesn't want to tell anyone.  I want to keep it private.  He's not trying to keep me his dirty little secret.  Please, Josh, trust me."

    The use of his name got him.  "I give, Rob.  I can tell you're sincere.  Just promise me that if he hurts you, you'll tell me so I can pound him."

    "Sure, tough guy, if he hurts me you can pound whatever is left after I pound him."

    JC laughed out loud.  "Now that's the girl I know and love!"  He pulled her into a big hug.  

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

If you have never seen the movie, UHF, I highly reccommend it.  It is one of my all-time favourites just because it makes me laugh.  Weird Al and Michael Richards (pre-Seinfeld) star in it. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: proposal joey