Tuesday Morning

Robyn slept in the next morning. She didn't have anywhere she needed to be until later. As she stretched lazily in bed, she thought over the previous evening with Joey; it all still seemed a little surreal to her. The two of them had sat up talking for quite a while. Joe had promised to take care of making the plans for the wedding and short honeymoon. They had agreed that he would have to let his bodyguard, Tank, in on their secret in order to ensure their privacy and safety.

When they had finished talking, Joey had walked her to her hotel room. He held her hand, and Robyn found herself looking down at their intertwined fingers, wondering how they had gone from friends to fiancés so quickly. They spent a few minutes saying goodbye at her door, and when he finally left, she missed the feel of his lips against hers.

Joey and the guys were doing interviews prior to their show that night. Robyn checked in at the office to get her list from Melinda. Today she was doing personal shopping for the guys, picking up things for them that were awkward for them to get on their own while they were on tour. Robyn spent a few minutes consolidating the lists and then surfing the Internet to find the best place to go shopping to get as many items as she could in one place. She printed off her maps and lists, checked to make sure she had all the proper charge cards and headed out the door.

Once she had purchased all of their personal care items, Robyn returned to the guys' bus and sorted things on each of their bunks. She was double-checking her list to make sure she had everything in the right bunk when JC hopped up the steps of the bus.

"How's it goin', Girl?" he asked and tweaked her ponytail as he passed by.

"I'm good," she replied. "Can you check the stuff on your bunk for me? I might have put one of Justin's things there."

JC scanned the items quickly. "Nope, this all looks like mine." His eyes hit the movie case under it all. "You found it!" he exclaimed.

"Of course I found it. Have I ever let you down before?"

"No! Never. And you are riding with me tonight so we can watch it together!" he exclaimed.

Robyn gave a big sigh and heaved her shoulders up. "OK, if I have to."

JC laughed and gave her a hug. "Yeah, right, like you don't want to see this one."

Robyn laughed. "So, you got me. But I have to get moving. I have more shopping to do before the day is through."

"It's a rough life, huh?" JC teased. "Shopping all day, spending other peoples' money, that's gotta be hard."

Robyn gave him a playful shove. "Oh shut up! You guys are hard to shop for. If I were shopping for myself, I'd just grab it and go. When I'm shopping for you guys, you're so high maintenance that it takes forever to find the exact right brand of hair goop or whatever. She noticed JC was pouting. "OK, well, you're not a diva, but a couple of the others are," she smiled when she saw his frown disappear. "Hey, JC, do you guys have a Victoria's Secret catalogue around?"

"Why, does one of the divas want something fancy?" he cracked a smile.

"Heck, no! I don't buy that kind of personal stuff! The day one of the divas asks me to buy him lingerie is the day I tender my resignation," she chuckled. "I need to get a gift for my cousin's bridal shower and they decided to throw her a lingerie shower."

JC dug around in a pile of magazines. "Here you go."

"Thanks," Robyn opened the magazine and flipped casually through it. "So, look, while I have you here and none of the other guys are around, I could really use some help with this."

"Sure, come on, let's sit for a minute. And would you relax already? What do you need?"

She took a deep breath. "I am relaxed!"

"Yeah, right," he muttered.

"OK, here's the thing. I need a guy's opinion. I want to choose something for her that her husband will love. Something elegant and classy, but still sexy. Nothing trashy or over the top...oh, I don't know! Just help me pick something for her."

"Rob, you make it sound like you've never shopped for lingerie before," he laughed.

"Uh, that would be because I haven't," she shrugged.

"Never?" he was surprised.

"Well, I mean, I buy myself functional stuff, but I've never shopped for this kind of stuff before. I've never really had a need, you know?"

"Ah," understanding dawned on his face. "OK. Let me give you my JC-special-first-time-buying-lingerie course, and for you, no charge." JC picked up the catalogue and started flipping through it. "Here's the thing, all guys like different things, but one thing every guy likes is a girl who is confident. So, what you're aiming for is something that makes the girl feel sexy. Because if she feels sexy, she is sexy."

Robyn nodded, "So, if she feels sexy in jeans and a t shirt, then the guy is going to think she's sexy?"

JC thought for a minute. "OK, Rob, you know that red shirt you have with the flowy sleeves and how I always mention it when you wear it?"

"Yeah," she answered warily.

"And usually one or more of the other guys says something too, don't they?"

"Uh-huh."

"Robyn, when you wear that shirt, how do you feel?" JC smiled, wondering how long it was going to take her to get this.

"It's my favourite shirt. I don't know, it makes me feel happy," she shrugged.

"Does it maybe make you feel a little feminine and pretty? Maybe a little sexy?" he prodded.

Her jaw dropped. "You think I'm sexy when I wear that?"

"Rob! We all do! It's the self-confidence that you have when you wear that shirt that makes you sexy. Do you get it?"

Robyn blushed. "Oh man! I am never wearing that shirt around you guys again!"

JC chuckled. "That's OK, you have other things that are sexy too." While Robyn digested this tidbit of information, JC flipped to a page. "What about something like this?"

The two spent a few minutes looking over the magazine together. Robyn had a fairly good idea of what she was going to purchase when the door to the bus opened and Justin bounced up the aisle.

"There you are! C, you said you'd be back in a minute, and that was like fifteen minutes ago."

"Shoot! Sorry, Justin. Robyn and I were talking and I lost track of time."

Justin rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah, I know you were flirting with her. Look, JC, just because Rob agreed to go to the awards show with you, it doesn't mean that she actually likes you. We all know, she's really hot for me." He reached out for Robyn's hands and pulled her into a tight hug. "See?"

Robyn played up to him. "Oh, Justin!" She pretended to swoon. "If only you were right. My heart actually belongs to--," Robyn turned to see who had come onto the bus "-Lance!"

"Cool!" Lance beamed. He removed Robyn from Justin's embrace, scooped her up in his arms and turned around to walk off the bus.

Justin and JC looked at each other in disbelief for a second and then ran off the bus.

"Hey! Lance! Come back here!" What ensued was a highly involved game of pass the package with Robyn being the package.

"Guys! Put me down! Justin Timberlake, don't you dare drop me! Lance! Joshua! I'm serious!"

Joey and Chris came out into the parking lot in time to hear Robyn say "JC! I swear, if you don't put me down, I'll bite your butt!" They laughed when they saw Robyn upside down over JC's shoulder, her face dangerously close to his posterior.

"Oooh! Kinky!" JC laughed. "Ha, Justin, I told you she liked me better!"

"Hey, Robbie," Chris called. "Will you bite my butt too?" Chris bent over and stuck his backside in the air.

Joey smacked Chris's bottom as he ran by. Chris spun around and chased Joey and mayhem ensued.

"Ahem! If you guys are quite finished here, do you think you could put Miss Robyn down and get back to work?" Lonnie asked.

"Yes, Sir!" they all chorused in unison.

JC flipped Robyn over and put her on her feet. The other guys all filed past them and patted her on the head or shoulder as they went. JC gave her a hug. "Hey, sweet thang, you know, if you wear that backless gown and put your hair up, you'll drive him mad." He gave her a wink and headed inside.

"But, JC, it's not for me," she tried to explain.

"Yeah, I know. So seriously, wear your hair up. He'll love it!"

Robyn knew when to give up; she never was a good liar anyway. She shook her head in defeat and headed back over to the car. "Hey, Lon, thanks for rescuing me."

Lonnie gave her a grin. "I wasn't rescuing you, Miss Robyn. I was rescuing JC. Do you know how hard it would be for him to dance if you bit his butt?" The two of them shared a laugh over that picture. "You riding with the boys tonight?"

"Yeah, I won't be finished before my bus leaves. I put my stuff on the spare bunk all ready."

"All righty then, I'll make sure they don't leave without you. Have fun on the wild goose chase I'm sure they sent you on." He chuckled.

"Oh, I'm having fun. I found JC's B movie of choice, so the rest shouldn't be too hard. I think they try to make it a scavenger hunt for me every week. They enjoy driving me crazy."

"That they do, sweetie, that they do."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: proposal joey