Monday Evening

    Robyn had been distracted all day while she worked and her co-workers noticed.  They didn't make any mention of it until Robyn was daydreaming again about Joey's kiss and let out another giggle.

    "Rob, what has gotten in to you today?"  Melinda asked.

    "Uh, nothing, sorry, Mel."

    Melinda gave a knowing smile, "Uh huh, sure, Rob."
  
    Robyn didn't respond, she merely followed Melinda on to their bus and got down to work.  They usually left for the next venue early so they could arrive and have everything set up for the guys in case they had interviews or photo shoots they needed to get ready for.

    Robyn didn't hear from Joey until later in the evening, when she was on phone duties.  One night a week, she stayed at the office late to answer the phones and tie up all the loose ends.  Everyone in the office took it in turn.  She was still there when Joey finally tracked her down.

    "Thank you for calling the *NSYNC tour, this is Robyn, how may I help you?"

    "Well, Robbie, Baby, you can start by telling me where we'll be on Wednesday."

    "Oh, good evening, Mr. Fatone, just one moment while I look up that information for you."

    "Mr. Fatone?  Come on, sweetheart, you know better than to call me that!"

    "What do you want, Joe?" she asked through gritted teeth, "I'm at work!  I'm trying to be professional here."

    "You're right, I'm sorry.  So, did you check the schedule for me yet, Ms. Daniels?"

    "Yes, Joe, we'll be in Vegas.  You have a photo shoot in Los Angeles in the morning and some do-hickey for lunch.  We have that afternoon and the next two days off and you and I were planning to go to Vegas to see Siegfried and Roy.  Joey, you have all this information, why are you asking?"

    "Maybe because I just want to hear your sexy voice--sorry, I forgot, I'm supposed to be professional.  But seriously, where did you say we'll be Wednesday afternoon?"

    "Las Vegas, Joey."  She was getting impatient with him.

    "Vegas?  Isn't that the city where you can get a marriage license within a half an hour and get married that same day?"

    "What's your point, Joe?"

    "No point, ma'am.  What time are you finished tonight?"

    "I'm here for another hour and a half, why?"

    "'Cause I want to know when to pick you up.  I'll see you then."

    Joey hung up before Robyn could protest.  She was about to call him back when the phone started to ring again.  The calls came in fast and furious for the remainder of her office time; in fact, she got stuck in the office late because the calls didn't stop coming.  As soon as she could, she put the phone on to the answering service, packed up her stuff and put it away.  She turned out the lights and stepped out of the bus and right into Joey's arms.

    "Hi, baby, I missed you today," he smiled before he kissed her cheek.

    "You scared me!  But I missed you too," she admitted.

    Joey took her hand and they started to walk towards the hotel.  "This is for you," he whispered as he held out a white rose.

    "Oh, Joe, thank you!"  She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek.  He slid his arm around her back and gave her a squeeze.

    "So, about Vegas," Joey started.  "What do you say?"

    "What exactly are you asking, Joe?"  Robyn wasn't sure what direction their conversation was headed in and whether she should be afraid or not.

    "I'm asking you what you think about the idea of us getting married on our trip to Vegas.  It could work out perfectly.  We leave LA in the afternoon, fly to Vegas, go and see the show, afterwards, we get our license (it won't be as busy then) and we get married!  We have Thursday and Friday off and that can be our honeymoon.  When the tour is done, we can have a real wedding with all the trimmings.  So, what do you say?"

    Robyn's head was spinning.  She focused for a moment on her breathing.    "Joe, you are completely sane, aren't you?  Tell me why you want to do this so desperately."

    He looked down into her eyes, "You want to know why I want to marry you, Robyn?  It's because I can't imagine my life without you being a part of it.  I want you to be the one I fall asleep next to and the one I wake up beside.  You're all ready in my dreams, so I don't expect that will change, but dreams aren't enough any more. We fit together, babe.  You are my sanity and I'm your craziness.  We're like two halves of a puzzle and when we're together, we're complete.  Robyn, I need you!"
  
    Robyn's mind was reeling; she had no idea that Joey felt this way about her.  She took a deep breath.  "Is there somewhere we can sit down to talk with no interruptions?"

    "Sure," Joey shrugged.  "Follow me."  He wasn't sure whether to be disappointed or not.  He had no idea what Robyn was thinking. 

    They went to the pool deck at the back of the hotel.  Joey sat in a lounge chair and pulled Robyn down so that she was sitting with her back to his chest.  He held her close to him and felt the tension melt from her body.
 
    Robyn relaxed into Joey's arms.  She'd never felt more at home than she did at that moment.  "Joe, I'm an old fashioned girl.  If we get married, that's it; we're together forever.  No refunds or exchanges."

    "Of course, Sweetheart, that goes without saying," he ran the side of his finger down her cheek and she shivered.

    "I don't want to go public right away.  There is no way I want to be known as the Yoko Ono of Nsync."

    "I'm fine with that.  I don't want you to have to go through the media firestorm either.  Should we tell the guys?"

    "I don't know.  How do you think they'd react?"

    "I have no idea.  Why don't we just leave it between the two of us for now?"

    "That would probably be best.  Less chance of someone spilling the beans then.  But I only want one wedding.  If you want to have a big party or something to celebrate when the time comes, that would be fine."

    Joey pressed his lips against her hair.  "So, is this a yes?" he whispered in her ear sending a shiver down her spine.

    She turned slightly so she could see him.  She gave him a slow, shy smile and nodded.

    Their engagement was sealed with a sweet, lingering kiss.  Joey pulled away slowly.  "I don't have a ring for you."

    "Joe, don't worry about it," she smiled.  "I don't need a ring, I just need you."

    "Mmm, I love hearing you say that," he smiled against her lips before kissing her again.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: proposal joey