Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally, here is the latest chapter!  Thankfully it didn't take me very long to re-post it all.  Next time, I'll be a little more careful when deleting a chapter so I don't delete the whole story.  Thanks for sticking with me!
Friday Morning:

    Joey wore a smug grin; he was feeling proud of himself.  He was pretty sure he had figured out a sure-fire way to wake Robyn up with a smile and was about to test his theory.  He leaned over her and nuzzled her nose with his.  When she started to stir, he smiled, dipped his head and captured her lips in a heated kiss.  He was pleasantly surprised when he felt Robyn kiss him back.  "Good morning, Sunshine," Joey whispered, his voice still raspy with sleep.  

    Robyn's eyes were still closed, but she smiled as she stretched.  "Mmm, JC!" she murmured quietly.

    "What?"  Joey yelped as his jaw gaped in shock.

    Robyn's eyes flew open and she put a hand on her chest.  "Oh, Joey!  You scared me!  I was just having this really weird dream..."

    "You don't say," he pouted.

    "Something wrong?" she asked curiously.  She managed to feign innocence for about five more seconds before a giggle escaped and a huge smile lit up her face.

    The truth of the matter dawned on Joey and he couldn't help but laugh.  "You brat!  I can't believe you would try to bruise my ego like that and on our honeymoon, no less!"

    Robyn just shook her head and laughed harder.  Joey took this as a sign to fight back, so he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and pulled the covers over her head.  He started tickling her with no mercy and Robyn kept laughing.  She wiggled under him, trying to get free and attempting to get her own tickles in.  

They were laughing breathlessly when Joey's fingers grazed the bare patch of skin between her t-shirt and her panties.  Both of them felt the electricity of his touch.  Robyn inhaled sharply.  Before she could recover, Joey had lowered himself beside her.  He rolled Robyn on to her side facing him.  Their eyes locked and they just stared at each other for a few seconds until Robyn moved to touch Joey's cheek.  She traced his jaw line with her fingertips causing him to shiver.  He couldn't believe how much her touch affected him; no other woman had ever blown his mind with such a simple gesture.  

    Joey's fingers splayed on her hips as his mouth joined Robyn's again.  The feeling of his hands on her skin made her dizzy.  As they kissed, Joey's fingers slowly slid upwards, skimming her ribcage; just before they brushed the underside of her breasts, there was a loud knock on the door.  They both jumped in surprise.  Joey tried to pretend he hadn't heard it, but he didn't get the chance.  

    "Joe," Tank called from outside.  "I've got a key, so you might as well let me in.  I know you can hear me."  

    Joey groaned and got out of bed, "Coming!"  He grabbed a robe and put it on as he made his way to the door, grumbling all the way.

    "Mornin' Joe, Mornin' Robyn," Tank blushed as he entered the room.  "Sorry to disturb the newlyweds, but I've got some news."

    Robyn sat up, making sure the covers were adjusted and trying to tame her disheveled hair.  "Morning, Tank.  Why do I have the feeling it's not good news?"  Joey sat beside her and they laced their fingers together.

    Tank looked chagrined, "I wish it was."  He turned to Joey, "You've got to get back to LA.  There are some technical issues that just came up and you've all been called back early."

    Joey frowned, "You're kidding, right?  This is one of Chris's practical jokes, it has to be."

    Tank shook his head, "No, Joe, it's not."

    "Aw, come on, T, can't you hold it off for a little longer?  You know, tell them you can't find me or something?"  Joey whined.

    Tank laughed.  "Joe, what kind of body guard would I be if I couldn't find you?  I held them off as long as I could.  I got the call last night, but I thought it would be best to leave you two alone for a little longer."

    Robyn smiled, "Thanks, we appreciate it, and all that you've done for us the past few days."  She reached up to give Tank's hand a squeeze.

    "Well, Ms. Robyn, you know it has been my pleasure.  Now you, Miss, are here through Monday.  Melinda wants you well rested before you come back."

"Oh, no, Tank, I'm only supposed to be off for two days and I'm not spending all this extra time away from my husband."

"Sorry, Robyn.  I didn't make the plans.  You would have been flying in just to catch an overnight on the bus, and they figured it would be pretty hard on your system, so you're just flying in to meet them on Monday."

Robyn sighed as she accepted there was some sense in the plan, even though it meant more time away from Joey.  "Fine.  I guess we'll be racking up some long distance charges, Joey."

He grimaced and then sighed.  "Yeah, I guess so."

Tank smiled apologetically at both of them, "Well, I'm going to get out of your hair.  Be ready in an hour, Joe."

    "Alright," Joey grumbled as he walked Tank to the door.

    Robyn scooted into the bathroom before Joey was able to.  "Give me five minutes and it's yours," she called over her shoulder.  

    "Will do," he responded.  Joey got his stuff together and when Robyn came out, he headed towards the bathroom.

    "Where do you think you're going?"  Robyn asked with a sly grin.

    "Uh, in there?" he asked, nodding towards the bathroom.

    "Not without paying the toll, Mr. Fatone," she puckered up.

    Joey dropped his stuff.  He reached out for her, pulling her up against him.  "I'll gladly pay that toll, anytime, Mrs. Fatone," he smiled before he kissed her.
    
    He paid his toll and then some, dipping his tongue gently into her mouth and moaning when he felt her tongue slip past his lips.  He was reluctant to pull away, so it was Robyn who finally broke the kiss.  "Joe, you'd better get in there or Tank will pull you out of here in your pyjamas."

     "But I don't wanna go," he whined.

    Robyn pushed him towards the bathroom.  "I don't want you to go either, but such is life on the road.  Lock the door, OK?  That way I won't be tempted to come in and join you," she teased.

    "You say stuff like that and expect me to be able to leave?" he pouted.  "Guess I'd better make it a cold shower."  He winked and closed the door.

    The door was barely closed before he heard a gentle tap.  "I'm locking it, I'm locking it," he laughed.

    "Joe?" she whispered.

    "Yeah?" he whispered back, not totally sure why he was whispering.

    "Do you, uh, need any help?"

    "Uh, honey, I think I can handle a shower on my own, but thanks for the offer."

    "That's not what I meant.  I meant, do you need any help," she stressed the last word.

    "Robyn, I'm a guy, I'm pretty thick headed and I don't pick up on hints, so you're going to have to come out and just tell me what it is you want to ask me," he laughed quietly.

    "Fine," she huffed.  "Joe, do you need some help of a personal nature so you don't need to have a cold shower?"

    "Oh!"  Joey laughed and opened the door.  He pulled her into a hug.  "Honey, I'm OK.  I was just kidding about the cold shower."

    "But I don't want you to be, you know, uncomfortable."  She blushed.

    Joey held her away from him so he could see her.  "Really, honey, I'm OK.  I mean, sure, I'm aroused, but then I always am when I'm near you."  He grinned and playfully nipped at her neck.  "Another time, I'll jump at the offer, but right now, I want our first time to be something we don't have to rush.  And besides, I don't want you to jump headfirst into something you're not ready for."

    "You mean, like marriage?" she couldn't meet his eyes any longer.

"No, that's not what I meant."  Joey took her hands and walked over to the armchair.  He sat down and pulled her onto his lap.  Touching her cheek he asked, "Are you talking you or us?  Don't you think we're ready for this?"

    Robyn still wouldn't look up, "I don't know, Joe.  There's so much stuff we have never talked about-where are we going to live?  Are we going to have kids?  If we are, how many?  Do you snore?  Is your mother going to like me?"

    Joey smiled at her mini panic attack.  He touched his forehead to hers.  "Robyn," he whispered, catching her face in his hands,  "We can't change the fact that we got married quickly, so let's try to adjust as best we can.  Let's just take it one day at a time, OK?"

    She nodded, "OK, I guess I can try."

    Joey smiled and pulled her lips to his for a kiss.  "That's my girl.  Now, why don't you get yourself back into bed and I promise we'll start tackling your list of questions tonight when I call, OK?"

    She sighed, "OK," and climbed back into bed
 

Incomplete
PopDiva is the author of 17 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked One Day at a Time also liked 162 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: proposal joey