6. No Strings Attached

“Devin, what you do with my shoes!” I yelled across the suite from my bathroom.

“I didn’t do nothin’ with your shit!” she shot back loudly.

I left my side of the room to enter her half of the suite where she was spread out across her king-sized bed as if she were queen of the damn thing. “I saw you wearing them when you went over to see Trace. And you know those shoes don’t fit you, so why don’t you wear your own shit?”

“‘Cause they were by the door. Sorry,” she rolled her eyes.

“Well, where are they?”

She shrugged nonchalantly and went back to reading her issue of Cosmopolitan. “I’m not sure.”

“Devin, I need my shoes.”

“For what?”

“I’m goin’ out, and I can’t do that without shoes.”

“You have like ninety pairs of shoes. Why do you need those old ass Jordans on your feet?”

“‘Cause that’s what I wanna wear,” I quipped. “Where are they?”

“Where are you going?”

“Out.”

“Where?” she repeated.

“Does it matter?”

She stopped flipping through her magazine and stared at me with a tilted head. “You goin’ out with lil’ Miss Summer McKinney again?”

“Yes. We’re goin’ to lunch and driving up to DC to some museum thing.”

“Wow, you’re really workin’ hard to get in those pants, huh?”

“Uh oh,” I smiled, plopping down onto the bed, “you’re not jealous, are you?”

“What in that sentence told you that I was jealous?”

I positioned myself comfortably against her thigh while she held the magazine’s orange cover with Jennifer Lopez over my face, ignoring me. “I can hear it in your voice.”

“Ha,” she scoffed. “No, baby, I hope y’all are having a great time together.”

“Well“.”

“I mean, so what if you’ve been out with her eight times in seven days and you only talk to me when you come home after your date is over and I’m halfway knocked out in bed.”

“Yeah““

“And who cares if she’s a sophisticated senior in college that you just love talking to so damn much. So she’s a virgin, untainted by all the evil dick in the world. Now, why would I be jealous of that?”

A bit stupefied by her inadvertent admission, I knocked the magazine from her hands and stared up at her. “Dev, are you for real?”

“I just said I wasn’t jealous. What are you buggin’ about?”

“Yes, you are,” I smiled, nestling my head into her stomach. “You like me, don’t you?”

“Whatever. Get off of me,” she chuckled. “Have fun with Summer.”

I sat up and stared into her icy blue eyes. “Do you not like her or somethin’?”

“No,” she quickly defended, “I think she’s great. The virgin from Virginia “ how poetic. Just don’t ruin her, okay?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“You know how you are, man. You’ll like her for a week, you’ll quickly get bored but fuck with her anyway; you’ll fuck her and then you’ll fuckin’ leave her.”

“You act like you’re speakin’ from experience or some shit,” I commented. “What makes you think you know that?”

“Tell me it’s not true.”

“Maybe it has the potential to be true. But she’s not like that. Like I told you before, I do love talking to her. I do have a good time with her. And hey, if I were that much of a prick, I wouldn’t waste my summer waiting for a virgin to come around, would I?”

“Dude, you’ve hung out with her for a week. That hardly counts as your entire summer.”

“But I’m willing,” I countered.

“I’d like to see you actually do it.”

I watched her get up from the bed to search through her suitcase, pulling out a light blue tank top in exchange for the oversized t-shirt that she was already wearing. Without warning, she pulled off the white tee to boldly reveal a naked top half of her body, leaving me gawking at the D cups that matched her initials.

“Whoa, mama. What are you doing?” I asked incredulously.

“What? You never seen tits before?”

“Not yours!”

“Get over it,” she simply answered, pulling the new shirt over herself. “So, when are you leaving?”

“In about fifteen minutes. Are you going somewhere?”

“Yeah, I’m goin’ to Pharrell’s to hang out.”

“Dude, what’s up with you and him, anyway? ‘Cause I didn’t even know y’all knew each other.”

“Nothin’,” she replied nonchalantly. “And yeah, I met him on the Jay-Z set a while back.”

“What Jay-Z set?”

“His video for ‘Hustler’.”

“What were you doing there?”

“What do you think? I was an extra,” she said, stomping into her light blue Prestos. “I’m gonna get outta here, but y’all have fun. And call me if you’re not coming back tonight.”

“Why wouldn’t I be back?”

“Because it’s the seventh day. It’s time for you to put it down, isn’t it?” she laughed.

“You know what? You are not funny.”

“Please. I’m hilarious.”

“And I dunno what you’re talkin’ about. I like her and I ain’t goin’ anywhere.”

“Well, it’s just my humble opinion, but I think you’ll get tired of her sooner than later.” She grabbed her cell phone from the edge of the bed and her lighter from the nighstand with a wink. “And you know I’m always right.”

No, no, no, no, don’t phunk with my heart

No long thereafter, I was sitting in a big, black Yukon, Eric in the passenger seat in front of me and my friend, Don, as the driver; and we were waiting outside Summer’s humble abode that sat in a quiet neighborhood of Norfolk, VA. “Hey, we’re outside,” I said into my cell phone.

As she replied, informing that she was at the door, she did, in fact, appear in her doorway, wearing a smile to match her peach pant set. She strolled to the car, seeming to take in the Sunday afternoon as she walked. “Hi!” she grinned when she opened the car door to see me smiling back at her.

“How are you today?”

“I’m good.”

“You look awesome.”

“Well, thank you,” she sighed. “Hey, Eric. Don.”

They politely nodded in acknowledgment while I helped her into her seatbelt. “So, where are we off to?”

“Well, I know how much you love Michael Jordan, so I thought we could go to his restaurant up in Washington. And then, have you ever been to the Corcoran Gallery of Art?”

“Not recently, no.”

“We’ll do that then.”

“Sounds perfect,” I said honestly. Yeah, it was a little drab, but at that point, I was so enthralled with her, I would’ve found anything intriguing about where we were and what we were doing.

“Really?”

As she leaned comfortably into my side, I rested my arm over her shoulder and pulled her even closer to me, staring at the top of her short, black hair. “Anything for my favorite girl.”

I wonder if I take you home, would you still be in love baby?

Big shocker here “ Devin was right. I did get a little bored with the Summer thing. I left Virginia shortly after our whimsical week together because, after all, I did have an album to finish in the midst of all this. So, by the time I got to Los Angeles, doing all my recording with Brian and Tim, I was quickly realizing that maybe the showstoppers and the media-hyped up celebrities were actually what I wanted. Sure, Summer was cute “ adorable, even “ but is it ever really enough? I took a minute to stop lying to myself, and I found that she just didn’t have all the superficial things that really mattered to me.

It had been about two weeks, but I did keep in touch with Summer, because she truly was an incredibly sweet girl. And as Mary Poppins says, a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down. Plus, I was too much of a punk to tell her that I was done with her, so to speak.

I guess now’s as good a time as any to introduce Alyssa. Yes, Alyssa Milano “ perhaps more popularly known as ‘Samantha’ from Who’s The Boss? before I gave her a bigger name. But I met her at a Los Angeles party or two and we hit it off to the point where I said I’d give her a call when I was back in town.

Yeah, I’m just as surprised as you are that I actually kept that promise. But come on “ it was Sam. Who didn’t grow up thinking she was hot? That, and I needed a break in the monotony of Summer calling me every damn day. So, yeah, one late Tuesday morning/early afternoon, I invited Alyssa to brunch at The Griddle Café.

“So, are you going back to Memphis for the big fight?” she asked animatedly, digging into a stack of peanut butter and banana pancakes. “I can only imagine you are.”

“Of course,” I grinned, “of course. I got my tickets, I got my hotel room. I’m ready.”

“I thought you were from there? Why the hotel?”

“Well, my home is a nice little drive from downtown Memphis. Plus, I got a bunch of friends coming in from out of town and I don’t wanna leave them all in the middle of Memphis while I’m hanging out with my family, you know?”

“What a gracious host you are, then.”

“Hey, I try.”

“I didn’t get an invitation,” she stated coyly, letting her youthful, brown eyes smile at me.

“I wasn’t aware that you liked boxing.”

“Well, you never asked.”

Yeah, probably because I’d only spoken to her a total of maybe two hours since I’d met her. “Well, I apologize.”

“It’s okay. I don’t like boxing,” she laughed.

“Then that would explain it,” I chuckled back. “If you want, you can come hang out with me in Orlando next month “ I have this charity weekend that I’m doing an“.”

“I’d love to,” she interrupted.

“Cool,” I smiled nervously. You see, that should’ve been my warning sign. I should’ve known right then and there that something was wrong with her, because, I mean... who does that? This is our first true conversation and she’s already agreed to a trip she knows nothing about. Why didn’t I notice it back then? Probably because my cell phone rang. Perturbed, I looked down at my Motorola and requested, “I’m sorry, could you excuse me for just a minute?”

“Sure.”

“Hello?” I answered, already knowing that it was Devin calling.

“I’m Jenna Dewan now?” she yelled into my ear, forcing me to flinch at her high volume. “What the fuck, dude!”

“What are you talking about?”

“It’s all up in Us Weekly, just like I told you it would be. Except they got my damn name wrong! I’ll have you know that I take offense to that because I look ten times better than that ho, at least.”

“Devin, how about you slow down. And then tell me what the hell you’re talking about.” I looked at Alyssa with apology in my eyes, knowing that it was beyond rude to be talking on my phone with her sitting there. But I ain’t gonna lie “ sometimes, I’m just a rude motherfucker.

“According to them, you’ve been hanging out with Jenna Dewan.”

“Who the hell is that?”

“She’s a dancer, you fool.”

“Okay,” I went on, “and what does this have to do with you?”

“Have you been hanging out with Jenna Dewan?”

“Not that I know of.”

“And what dancer have you been hanging out with?”

“Umm. You?”

“Exactly! They think I’m her!” she yelled again.

“Okay, but could you just not yell?” I begged, biting my lip.

“Sorry. So, what are you gonna do about this, Justin?”

“Nothing?”

“Why not!”

“Dev, you’re yellin’ again.”

“Well, you have to do something.”

“What am I supposed to do, sweetheart?”

“Don’t call me that. I’m not your child,” she sternly instructed. “And you’re supposed to... do... something.”

“Girl, get off my phone.”

“Justin! You can’t let this go on.”

“Lemme ask you a question: Who. Cares?”

“I care, goddamn it! I can’t let people think I’m Jenna. She looks like a vampire. And she’s a horrible dancer.”

Even when being annoyingly stupid, I still couldn’t help but laugh at her. “Devin, are there any pictures of anything?”

“Well. No. But it’s the principle of the matter.”

“Okay, listen,” I directed, “I’m in the middle of lunch, so can we talk about this later?”

“You’re just gonna ignore my calls,” she said knowingly. “You ain’t slick.”

“No, when I come home next week, I promise we’ll get to the bottom of it all.”

“Oh, whatever. You don’t care, Justin.”

Yeah, she was right about that. “I’ll humor you anyway. I gotta go, girl.”

“Okay, okay. Sorry for bothering you.”

Shaking my head, I closed my phone and stuffed it back in my pocket. “I apologize,” I told Alyssa. “I have some amazingly stupid people in my life.”

“Well, it’s much easier getting them in than getting them out,” she replied.

“How true.”

“Jealous girlfriend?”

“Not at all,” I rolled my eyes to the ceiling playfully. “Just a friend of mine that’s on drugs.”

Taking a sip from her tall glass of orange juice, she began to question, “So, you said you just bought a place out here?”

“I did,” I nodded. “I just got this place in the Hollywood Hills.”

“Wow, that must be nice.”

“It is. It’s huge, but it’s definitely cool.”

“Is this your first house?” she asked excitedly.

“No, actually I have a place in Orlando“.”

“Oh, is that where we’ll be staying next month?”

I let my eyebrows express the discomfort and uncertainty that I was feeling at the moment. I was planning on her ass staying at a hotel, if anything. “You don’t wanna be cooped up at my place, do you?”

“No, I’d love to see your house. Your home is the essence of who you are.”

“It’s where the heart is,” I agreed.

“Exactly.”

“Well, I dunno,” I diplomatically refused. “We’ll talk when I get back.”

“Don’t tell me you’re scared to let me see your house. I’m not going to steal anything.”

“Who said anything about stealing?” I laughed. “I mean, I just “ we don’t really know each other.”

“And how do you expect to get to know me if you shut me out?”

I chuckled lightly, “You’re funny.”

“I’m serious. You can’t be scared of the unknown; otherwise, you’ll never get to know it.”

I’m not sure of what I see
Cupid don’t fuck with me
Are you tellin’ me this is a sign?


“Alright,” I nodded, chewing down my mouthful of pancake. “If you think you’re ready.”

“I should get ready?”

“Definitely.”

“I’ll get ready for you if you get ready for me.”

She’s lookin’ in my eyes
Now I see no other guys


People always ask me what my type is. But as you can see, the fact of the matter is, I don’t have one. I like anyone that has something interesting to say; that’s willing to show me something about life, as well as being open to learn about the world through my eyes; and that’s just down for a good time. And a great ass is a definite bonus. Alyssa was only three for four, but with her sexy older woman glow, I could overlook the deficiency in the booty category.

“Miss Milano, you got yourself a deal,” I smiled. “I’ll see you in July.”

Are you tellin’ me this is a sign?

As previously planned, I was in Memphis for the fight on June 8th. I think I was just excited about actually being home more than anything. Besides hanging out with a lot of old friends, I also got the opportunity of making new ones. And, on top of that, I had the pleasure of having Summer down there with me. I hadn’t really planned on her coming, but when she asked me if she could, I didn’t exactly know how to tell her I was planning on goin’ into pimp mode that weekend and that she shouldn’t be there. So yeah, I was kind of stuck.

After watching Lennox Lewis kick Tyson’s ass six ways to Sunday, me, Trace and my cousin, Nick, returned to the Peabody Hotel to prepare for the true essence of a fight night “ the parties. My mama went on back to Millington, and luckily, Devin and her little group of loud ass friends had agreed to babysit Summer for the night, so I was a free man. Or so I thought.

I had been in my room for all of about five minutes before there was a soft knock at the door, me realizing that it certainly wasn’t a knock from anyone I knew. I walked to the door quietly and peeked through the peephole to see Summer’s innocent smile awaiting access to my suite. Hesitatingly, I swung the door open, faking a matching grin for her.

“Hi!” she greeted, giving me an unsolicited hug.

In a confused tone, I answered, “Hey.”

“How was the fight?”

“You didn’t see it?”

“Well, yeah, I saw it on television. But I can only imagine that being there in The Pyramid is fifty times better than the big screen at a bar.”

“Oh, yeah. It was cool, I guess.”

“You okay?” she asked, walking further into the room.

“Umm, yeah. Where’s umm “ where’s Devin and Nikki and all of the other girls?”

“Oh, God. I couldn’t hang with them. They were starting to get crazy at Silky’s, so I decided to just come back to the hotel and wait for you.” As she plopped down on my bed, her relentless smile seemed to get bigger by the second. “That place is really... weird, by the way.”

“Did you see the goats?”

“Yes! What is that about?”

“Dude, I don’t know.”

“I did see the dueling pianos, though,” she said animatedly. “That was fun.”

“Yeah.”

“So, where are you off to, tonight?” she queried.

“Well... uh “ well, me and my boys are goin’ to a party that Nelly is havin’ upstairs in the penthouse.”

“Uh huh.”

“Is that alright with you?”

“Of course. I mean, I’m just here hanging out, right?”

“Right.” Nervously, I scratched my growing hair underneath my brown and tan beanie. “You gonna be okay?”

“Sure. I’ll simply stay here and watch a movie or two,” she grinned. “We can hang out when you get back.”

“Sweetheart, I don’t think I’ll be back tonight.”

She lightly smacked her forehead in realization, chuckling. “Of course not. You’re hosting all your celebrity friends this weekend. What on Earth would you wanna stay with me for.”

You see how that guilt trip just smacked me right in the face? “Summer, you know it’s not like that.”

“No, I shouldn’t be stepping on your toes like this, Justin. I’m sorry.”

Baby, I want for nothing
Just your tender, sweet loving


See, women are good at this shit. Back then, I never would’ve been able to pull off a stunt like this, reeling someone in with their own damn conscience. “Why didn’t you just stay at Silky’s?” I questioned, becoming annoyed.

“I told you, it was just too crazy for me.” She sighed and began slowly walking towards the door. “I think maybe your whole lifestyle is just a little too fast-paced for me.”

“What’s fast-paced about hanging out at a bar? You were with a bunch of girls that live in Memphis “ and there is nothing fast-paced about Memphis,” I argued. “Aside from this weekend.”

“Devin... is a sweetheart “ she really is, but she’s just not who I’d choose to hang out with. She’s, you know, boisterous and lively “ she’s a party kind of girl. I’m more of a homebody that wants to sit back, relax and honestly, I just wanna be with you,” she admitted.

I know you’ve got your things to do
But tell me what means more to you
Hanging out with me ro with your boys


“Summer,” I sighed. “This “.”

“Listen, I’m aware of how incredibly lame it is to be stuck babysitting a 21-year-old virgin,” she laughed.

“No,” I began to protest, but she stopped me again.

“But... I’m ready.”

Sometimes, I do get lonely
With no you, no one to hold me


I froze out of complete bewilderment when her words hit me. She couldn’t have meant what I thought she meant. So, even though I heard what she said, I had to ask, “What?”

“I’m ready,” she beamed. “Let me make your night in worthwhile.”

You want so much to lay me down
Is that what keeps you hanging ‘round?
Is that the only way to win your heart?


Now, y’all are my witnesses. I didn’t pounce on her. I didn’t coerce her. I didn’t even suggest it. She came up with this all on her own. Obviously, she needed this. And seriously, who am I to deny those in need?

“Can you just stay?” she pleaded.

If I granted all of your wishes
Gave you more than touches and kisses
Would you stay?
I need you to stay


Well, I foolishly decided to stay. And I gave her what she asked for. Coming out of the shower, wearing only my towel, I walked back into the room to find Summer sitting uneasily on the bed in a very Victoria’s Secret-ish ensemble.

“You okay?” I chuckled, recognizing her discomfort.

I don’t know exactly what I’m feeling

“Yeah.”

“And you’re sure you want to do this?”

I’m kinda scared, but then I’m kinda willing

She nodded and kneeled in front of me on the bed. “I’m sure.”

I smiled down at her and gently ran my hands over her soft, black hair before leaning down to kiss her forehead. The entire moment was very surreal to me “ I felt like I was supposed to be in control, but I didn’t know what the hell to do. It all seemed so contrived, and that just wasn’t me. Or, maybe I was just too busy hoping she didn’t cry.

Nerves and confusion aside, I crept onto the bed and got behind her on the bed. As I began to massage her chocolate skin, I looked around the dim room, lit only by a host of candles on various tables throughout the room. The artificiality of it all was a big turn off. I couldn’t wait until this was all over. But then, as her neck rolled and her face grazed against my hand, a tender chill went down my spine. I let my lips explore the crevices between her neck and shoulders, drowning in her sweet scent.

“You smell amazing,” I mumbled into her skin.

I suddenly found myself inadvertently removing the spaghetti straps of her top with my wandering fingers. The silky camisole dropped to her waist, revealing an excited pair of relatively medium-sized breasts that I immediately began to tease with the palms of my hands. She leaned back, resting her head against my chest while her own drifting fingers stumbled through my wet hair.

Feels so strange, it feels so crazy to be in your world
In your arms, loss for words, you got me...


I moved from behind her so that she could lie flat on the bed, allowing me to remove her top and the teal, silk shorts that accompanied them. Her light brown orbs seemed to dart around the large, cool room, but I could tell that she was inhaling everything about the moment. And as her nerves calmed, the tenseness of her body subsided as well. She really was beautiful, I must say.

One more time, just to be completely certain, I asked, “You’re sure?”

“We’ve gotten this far. Let’s go,” she grinned.

Biting at my bottom lip, I stared down at her, naked and anxious, and smiled reassuringly. And then I went for it, no holds barred. Leaning directly over her, I devoured her chest while she moaned lightly and let her fingers travel down my chest and further down. My mouth wrapped itself around one of her breasts, massaging the nipple excitedly.

She slowly bucked her hips against me, creating a growing erection that I had to figure out how to control before I broke this girl in half or somethin’. Just to redirect my concentration, I went after her other breast, ignoring the fact that the only thing between us was my towel, and it wasn’t a very effective barrier when I was trying to pace myself.

My eyes glanced over the clock at the head of the bed, telling me that it was only 1:00AM. I could’ve either taken my time and made it a night to remember for both of us, or I could’ve rushed through it and still gone up to where my people were partying. But one look at all the admiration and lust that filled her eyes, I knew that I didn’t need to be anywhere else.

Layin’ so closely
I feel your skin rubbing and touching me


I leaned down so that my lips fell on top of her, sending a passionate rush through my body when our mouths connected. Coolly, I rolled over, so that she was on top of me and squeezed her ass, creating a noticeable shiver in her body, too. My fingers very slowly trailed from her hips, over her stomach to the inside of her clit, lightly massaging it, already feeling the tightness from her purity. As she gasped, I licked my index finger and then replaced it inside her, just to moisten her a little more, while I felt my way through her contracting walls.

“Justin,” she moaned.

“You okay?” I asked, for probably the fortieth time that night.

Only sweat between us
Feeling you kissing and pleasing me


“Yeah,” she whispered, licking her lips. “Just“.” Whatever else she was about to say was cut off by an eruption of another gasp when I added my middle finger.

“Let me know if you want me to stop,” I said into her neck.

“Keep going,” she softly encouraged, digging her nails into my sides.

In the meantime, my tongue explored the sweet skin along the side of her face, down her neck, placing butterfly kisses in the surrounding areas. In satisfaction, I watched her slender body react to the minute gestures, her back arching up towards me as I pleased her. My fingers continued to roam her insides, teasingly pushing in and pulling out when I felt her body tense in pleasure.

I rub your back, I kiss your neck
I know that you love when we touch like that


To my surprise, she boldly unwrapped the towel that clung to my waist, completely revealing myself to her. I inwardly smiled as she subconsciously stared at my impending erection with wide eyes. So as not to scare the poor girl, I rolled us over once more, preparing to slowly enter her, knowing that my dick being that close to her without being inside her would soon put me out of my own control.

Tenderly, I eased my two fingers from her wet center and very carefully entered her, cognizant of the fact that this could very well be the most painful moment of her life up to this point. She hissed in very apparent pain and I automatically hit pause.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.”

I tried kissing her in order to take her mind off of the pain, but the intensity of her nails digging into my arms told me that it wasn’t working very well. Still, I continued my penetration, looking for a fit that would be comfortable for both of us while she squeezed my biceps at each step further.

I can you feel you need me
Feels so good to me, feels so good to me


Staring down at her amorously, thankful that she released her death grip on my arm, I began to work myself further into her, slowly rolling my hips into her to slide in and out. She unexpectedly grabbed my ass which involuntarily quickened my pace and turned her little gasps into yelps. I groaned as I found that perfect fit that I was looking for, and I began to attack her breasts with my mouth once again.

“Just“,” I heard her try to say in a moan. I simply continued my steadily slow, gentle grinding. “It hurts,” she finally revealed in my ear.

“You want me “ should I stop?” I mumbled.

“No...”

It’s not like I was about to anyway. I licked the firm nipple of her right breast and trailed up her neck, where I whispered, “It’ll be okay.”

Feels so strange, it feels so crazy to be in your world
In your arms, loss for words, you got me
You got me speechless


After what felt like an eternity, that feeling in the pit of my stomach that said I was about to come... well, it came. The end of our magic ride had come to fruition, for me, at least. When the familiar feeling of ejaculation caught up with me, I slowly pulled out of her, seeing relief cross her slightly frightened face. Focused on pleasuring her, however, I repositioned my two fingers inside of her, aiming for a matching orgasm for her.

I pushed my fingers in slowly, once again, making circular motions inside her while she brought her lips to mine, telling me that she was already satisfied. Nonetheless, I made sure that I got my job done, grazing her insides until I felt her body flinch and escalate to a tremble. I collapsed beside her, dripping in sweat and out of breath. I looked down at her, satisfied and already half-asleep.

I licked my lips as she silently crawled into my bed. “Thank you for staying,” she whispered hoarsely into her pillow. I just smiled at her, figuring she wouldn’t hear my response anyway, and got up to take another shower.

Will you promise me just one thing?
That no matter what, you’re gonna stay


The next morning, I woke up to the gorgeous aroma of a perfect country breakfast: grits and eggs, ham and biscuits with gravy “ the works. It was certainly enough to take me out of the usual maladjustive mood that I put myself in when I woke up.

“Good morning,” Summer greeted me, donning a mere robe and a smile.

“Hey,” I answered sleepily, climbing out of bed to traipse towards the room service cart. “You ordered breakfast?”

“I figured you’d be hungry.”

“It smells awesome,” I commented, scratching my bare stomach. “Can you pour me some coffee? I’m gonna brush my teeth and put on a shirt.”

“Sure,” she obliged, kissing me on the cheek before she took a seat.

“What was that for?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well, okay,” I chuckled groggily, heading to my suitcase.

“So, hey,” she began, “where did you go last night?”

I ain’t one to be questioned about who and where I’ve been
I ain’t one to be questioned about what time I came in


“When?”

“I rolled over at about 4:00AM and you were gone.”

“Maybe I was in the bathroom,” I lied.

“I laid awake for half an hour before I fell back asleep, Justin.”

“Umm. Diarrhea?”

“Justin!”

“Okay, okay. I went to the party,” I admitted.

Sighing heavily, she replied, “I see.”

“What? You mad at me?”

“No, I’m not mad. I’m just wondering why you were trying to lie to me.”

“I didn’t want to hurt your feelings.”

“Hurt my feelings?” she repeated. “So that means you knew I’d be upset if you left, but you did it anyway.”

I don’t answer to no one until I feel I’m ready to

“To be completely technical about it, yeah.”

I’m gonna have my fun doin’ the things I like to do

“I see.”

“Look, I honestly just didn’t wanna leave my boys hangin’ after I told them I’d be at the party.”

“Right.”

“I’m serious,” I said, walking across the room, avoiding her stare. “I couldn’t just ditch them.”

“So, instead of letting me know that you were going to leave, you went to party it up with your little celebrity friends while the poor little virgin sleeps the night away thinking that you’re next to her.”

“Summer “.”

“‘Summer’ what?” she quipped angrily.

See, I need space, get off my case
Stop breathin’ down my back


“Nothin’.”

“You are a piece of work,” she chuckled sarcastically.

“What?”

“Oh, God. You’re good,” she nodded. “Was that your plan all along? Pull me in, chew me up and spit me out?”

“I’m really not good with the clandestine sarcasms, so why don’t you just tell me what the hell you’re talking about.”

“It doesn’t even matter.”

“You’re really this mad because I went to a party for a couple of hours? ‘Cause if that’s what this is about, I’m just gonna say it point blank “ that’s bullshit.”

‘Cause we ain’t got a relationship if that’s how you have to act

“To you, yes, I’m sure it is. But it’s my fault for letting you in, for trusting you “ all the stupid shit women do when a man like you enters their lives.”

“A man like me? What does that mean.”

“Come on. Justin Timberlake from *NSYNC. Your album says it all “ your ass has no strings attached, right?”

“I really feel like you’re punishing me for being famous, which is totally unfair because you knew exactly who I was when we met and nothing has changed since then. But even more important, what the fuck are you talking about!”

“Don’t you dare yell at me.”

“Then stop being stupid. I went to a party while you were asleep. What’s the big fuckin’ deal?”

“The big fucking deal is that you abandoned me, Justin. The one thing I asked you not to do, you did!”

Commitment, true devotion
Right now, it’s not the way for you to come at me


“I went upstairs! I’m back now! I’m here, Summer.”

“But are you really here?”

“You see me, don’t you?”

“No. I saw you last night. Now, I see an image of you.”

When I need it, I’m sure you’ll be the first to know

“You’re insane.”

“Tell me, Justin, am I the only person you had sex with last night?” I made a motion to answer her, but I couldn’t sit there and lie when her eyes were begging for honesty at the very least. So, I just sat there. “I’ll take it from your silence that it’s a ‘No’.”

But for now, in my plans, no demands
I’m gonna have to make a switch


“Listen, can we just eat?”

“Fuck you. I’m not hungry.” She volatilely rose from the table and stormed into the bathroom.

Switch
Don’t take no mess from nobody
If they act up, just leave ‘em alone
When you’re done with ‘em, you can send ‘em home



Lyrics:
“Don’t Phunk With My Heart” - Black Eyed Peas (Monkey Business)
“Signs” - Snoop Dogg feat. Justin Timberlake & Charlie Wilson (R&G: The Masterpiece)
“Stay” - Destiny’s Child (Writing’s On The Wall)
“Speechless” - Beyonce (Dangerously In Love)
“Switch” - TLC (CrazySexyCool)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj friendsturnedlovers interracial boyfriendj love angryj tourj