JC grimaced as he swung to the side, he didn’t need the stadium to be quiet to hear every one of Darcie and Ami's cat calls and comments. As the day that they were supposed to leave drew closer, Ami and Darcie seemed to be getting more hyper. And with their hyper moods came a lot of teasing for the guys.

  

The others took it in stride, taking the opportunity to tease them back. JC however was starting to get more then a little annoyed with it.

It was dress rehearsal and for the most part the girls had behaved. They could see them making a few comments about something that caught their eye. It seemed to bother Wade more then anyone, especially as they started Space Cowboy. In practice it seemed to be the song that the girls picked apart the most. They loved to tease the guys about their costumes, especially JC’s pants since they seemed to leave nothing to the imagination.

  

"Bam!" Darcie called out as JC did his hip thrusts and Wade cut the music, making the girls collapse into laughter.
 
Wade threw his hands up in the air and turned to glare at the girls, "Seriously, enough!"

Darcie's left eyebrow rose and the guys and Ami all groaned. "You did not just raise your voice at me."
 
"Oh give it a rest Darcie; you do not impress anyone here."
 
"Oh I don't need to impress anyone." Darcie snapped at him, "What the hell is your problem?"
 
"We are trying to work here." Wade told her, crossing his arms over his chest, "Unlike someone, I have to work my ass off to get my pay cheque."
 
"Funny how he doesn't complain about us when we bring him food and coffee." Ami muttered as Darcie climbed to her feet.
 
"Darcie maybe you should sit down." Chris told her as she made her way to the stairs of the stage.
 
"Stay out of this Chris." Darcie and Ami snapped.
 
"I'm going to let that comment about our work slide, since the bleach they used on your hair obviously leaked into your brain." Darcie told Wade as she stopped in front of him. 

Joey leaned over to Lance and Justin, "Oh that's not good, foot is planted and the hip is out to one side."
 
"What I don't understand is why you're getting so pissy, I mean we're not distracting the guys, they're still dancing." Darcie told him, her finger taping her chin.
 
"Now she's touching her chin." Justin whispered.
 
"There have been a few times that they've screwed up." Wade pointed out.
 
"You're right, you're absolutely right!" Darcie agreed.
 
"Oh God, now she's agreeing." Lance muttered, "This is not going to end well."
 
The guys began to brace themselves for the rant that they knew was coming. Each of them knew the signs that meant Darcie’s irritation was rising to anger.

  

"Then again when they messed up we weren't saying anything, except for that one part when Chris fell over in Just Got Paid." Darcie told him.
 
"Well I'm sure they don't appreciate all the comments you've been making about them." Wade snapped.
 
"Now he's digging." Joey said.
 
"Don't speak for them." Ami called from where she was still seated.
 
Darcie smirked and pivoted on her heel. As she was walking away she looked over her shoulder and smiled sweetly at Wade, "Hate to break it to you but someone in the audience is bound to think what we do, if not worse. If you don't like it I'm sure you could make up some good chair dancing routines."
 
Wade looked at Joey, Justin and Lance as they burst out laughing and stormed off the stage. "Guys that's enough." JC said.
 
"Oh come on man, you have to admit that was pretty funny." Joey said.
 
"No it wasn't." JC said, causing Darcie to stop mid step and look back at him.
 
"What?" Darcie demanded.
 
"He has a point Darcie." JC told her.
 
"And so did Darcie." Justin defended.
 
Joey and Lance glanced over at Darcie and noticed the way she was keeping her stance, "He's so dead, she just put everything in all at once."
 
Darcie's arms were crossed over her chest and but her hands were balled into fists and were shaking. "And just what point was he making, aside from the fact that he's the biggest ass in the world."
 
"You crossed the line Darcie; you guys have been making fun of the steps since we started working on them." JC snapped.
 
"Oh for crying out loud we were kidding around!" Darcie cried, throwing her hands up in the air.
 
"Sometimes it didn't sound like it." JC told her, "We have to deal with enough critics without you two adding to it."
 
Darcie walked over and shoved JC as hard as she could, "I don't know what the hell has suddenly crawled up your ass, but I highly suggest you remove it."
 
"Well I see you inherited your fathers temper."
 
Everyone froze and stared at JC in shock, "Fuck you JC, I'm done with you."
 
"Yeah run away Darcie, it's what you're good at." JC called to her as she walked away, "In fact, why don't you go write about this?"
 
"Stop being such a bitch JC." Ami snapped as she met Darcie at the stairs.
 
"You went too far that time." Justin said as he walked past him, "Guys wait up!"
 
Chris walked up to JC and stared at him silently for a few minutes before reaching back and punching JC as hard as he could across the face. Joey and Lance stared in shock, Chris was normally extremely tolerant and passive, and they had never seen him hit someone before.
 
"You ever say anything like that to her again and I don't care what it does to this group, I'll make sure you pay for it." He hissed at JC.
 
Joey followed Chris, shooting JC a dirty look. JC sighed and glanced at Lance, "Guess I fucked that one up huh?
 
"You've way beyond fucked up." Lance told him, "I don't agree with what you said, it was out of line, and I don't just mean the last part. Wade's been acting like a dick to the girls for a long time and Darcie called him on it, something she had every right to do. But I am your friend so I'll see what kind of patching up I can do."
 
JC scoffed, "If Justin and Chris can't fix it, I doubt you will."
 
Lance smirked and flipped his hand in a feminine manner, "Never underestimate a gay mans influence on women. Come on lets go get some ice for your face."


  

Chris paced back and forth in front of Darcie as she held her head in her hands. “I can not believe him!”

  

“Chris, enough.” Darcie sighed looking up, “Him and I are just having a spat, we’ll get over it.”

  

“How in the hell can you say that after what he said to you?” Chris demanded, “That bullshit comment about inheriting your father’s temper.”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes, “Chris, I do have my fathers temper; I’ve had it the entire time. Besides they were right Ami and I over did it.”

  

I overdid nothing.” Ami snapped as she entered the room and handed Darcie a soda.

  

“We both did, Aims.” Darcie muttered, “I knew it was annoying Wade and JC and I kept going, which made you keep going.”

  

“Maybe they need to learn to take a damn joke.” Ami snapped.

  

“We’ve been harassing them for the past month.”

  

Justin entered the room and threw himself down beside Darcie, “He still had no right to say that shit to you.”

  

“Look, I’m glad that you guys all care this much about me, but it’s a minor tiff, we’ll get over it.” Darcie said.

  

“But you told JC you’re done with him.” Joey said as he entered the room.

  

“What is this, an NSYNC intervention?” Darcie snapped, “I tell Chris on a regular basis that I’m done with him and I’m still here.”

  

“So what are you going to do?” Justin asked.

  

“The tour leaves in what, a week?” Darcie sighed, “I have more than enough things to do to fill the time. I have shopping for you guys, shopping for me, Johnny needs me to go in before we leave to get you guys the finalized tour schedule.”

  

“So you figure by then JC will have cooled down enough to talk to him.”

  

“No, she figures by then she’ll have calmed down enough to talk to him.” Ami smirked.

  

“So Chris over reacting and decking JC was a bit over the top then.” Joey said, glaring at Chris.

  

Darcie’s eyes widened and she stared at Chris, “Please tell me he’s kidding.”

  

“He might be on the slightly serious side.” Chris said, looking at his shoes sheepishly.

  

“Christopher.” Darcie groaned.

  

“I still maintain that he had no right to say any of that shit to you.”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes. “Way to over react Chris. Look as much as I love this ‘Team Darcie’ thing you all got going on, but he is still your friend, and your band mate.”

  

“But you are my best friend.” Chris snapped.

  

“And so is JC.” Darcie said her tone all too reasonable, “I love you guys I really do, but right now all that I want is Ami, some Brad Pitt movies and some chocolate ice cream.”

  

“Girls night?” Ami asked.

  

“Girls night.” Darcie nodded, “Which means the rest of you need to get out of here.”

  

“Why can’t we participate in girl’s night?” Justin asked.

  

“If I need to state the obvious to you, then you really should have paid more attention in Health Class Justin.” Darcie muttered.

  

“That’s my girlfriend you’re stealing for the night!” Justin whined.

  

“Oh, you big baby.” Ami muttered rolling her eyes, “Right now, my best friend needs me and as much as I may hate the bastard right now, you’re best friend needs you.”

  

Justin’s pout deepened and Joey rolled his eyes grabbing his arm, “Come on Justin, she’s right. If it were the other way around, JC would be there for you.”

  

Justin scowled and nodded, “Fine, but call me later.”

  

Ami nodded and watched the guys walk out, Chris shuffling his feet and staring at Darcie as Joey pulled him out the front door. “Alright I say Interview with the Vampire, Fight Club and Seven Years in Tibet.

  

Darcie nodded, “Sounds good to me. Hey, think we can convince Justin to be an ass next week so we can have a Viggo Mortensen marathon?”

  

Ami grinned and pulled Darcie to her feet, “I think I can arrange that.”

 

 

 

 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love tour jc justin joey chris lance