Author's Chapter Notes:

Song mentioned in the chapter: Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? By Bryan Adams (listen to it if you so chose, not needed but it sets a mood :P)

Ami walked into the dressing room balancing coffees and a bag of food. She found it strange that being in the room with five men in various state of undress didn’t have the effect that it would have once had on her. Granted the fact that her best friend was dating one, one was gay and another was her boyfriend had something to do with it. The fact that Chris was wearing smiley face boxers and Joey sporting a rather nice hand print from Darcie smacking him was the other reason.

  

“Joey if you grab my ass one more time you’ll have more then a hand print on your cheek.” Darcie threatened, “Now what about these pants?”

  

Ami shoved the food at Lance and placed the coffees on the table at the rear of the room, glaring at Darcie who was making notes for Joey’s costume. “Explain to me why you couldn’t come with me to get the food?”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes, “With Allison being out sick, Jessica needed someone to make notes of the guy’s costumes for her.”

  

Ami was about to respond when JC passed Darcie and kissed the side of her neck. He whispered something to Darcie that made her smile shyly and blush.

  

Ami screamed and turned to smack Justin after he snuck up behind her and flicked his tongue against her ear. Her plan of dumping one of the hot coffees on his head flew out the window as she noticed that he was lacking a shirt.

  

“Aims?”

  

“Chest?” She asked, looking up at him, “Uh, I mean, yes?”

  

“What do you think?”

  

“That Florida should pass a law making it illegal for you to wear a damn shirt.” She muttered.

  

“I meant about Darcie and JC.” Justin laughed.

  

“You expect me to be thinking about those two now?”

  

Justin smirked and turned her head so that she could see JC and Darcie. Darcie was still writing out Joey’s comments while JC had wrapped his arms around her waist, nuzzling her neck.

  

“What do you think?” Justin asked.

  

“What am I supposed to think?” Ami asked, “They’re like that quite a bit.”

  

“It doesn’t seem like they’re more, I dunno, intimate?”

  

Ami studied them more closely; every time Darcie stopped writing she would turn and look at JC who would kiss her softly. When Joey turned to change into his next outfit, Darcie turned and allowed JC to wrap her up in his arms, her forehead pressed to his jaw, her hand entwined in his over his heart.

  

“I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.” Ami muttered.

  

“I think it’s cute.” Lance said, pulling out his food.

  

“Where are your pants?” Justin asked.

  

“Jessica is shortening them.” Lance told him.

  

At the sound of her name Jessica appeared thrusting the pants at Lance, “Here these should fit now. I hate to break you two snuggle buns up but JC I need you to try on your ‘Space Cowboy’ outfit to make sure I took the pants in enough.”

  

Darcie looked up at him, “You had Jess take them in more?”

  

“Yeah, so?” JC asked, pulling away.

  

“They were pretty tight as it is.”

  

JC smirked and grabbed the clothes, “You’ll see.”

  

Darcie sighed and looked at Ami with a shrug, “Sometimes I wonder about him.”

  

“You two seem, close.” Ami said, sliding up next to her friend, “Well, closer then usual.”

  

Darcie shrugged as a blush creeped up her cheeks, “We’re just discovering new things about our relationship.”

  

Ami watched Darcie turn to the bag of food as her words sunk in, “Oh, you have got to be kidding me.”


Darcie turned and grimaced, “I’m really sorry about that. I didn’t think he’d…”  


"What do you think?" JC asked interrupting them, holding his arms out.

"You look like a fag." Darcie told him, shaking her head.

"Hey!" Lance called out.

"No offence." She said patting him on the head, "But red leather pants, and don’t you dare blame this on Jessica because I know you made the suggestion."

JC smirked and turned to the side and watched as both Darcie and Ami's jaws dropped, "I'm so stealing him from you for a few hours."

"Fuck that!" Darcie exclaimed, staring at JC's crotch, "I, we, wow. Are you sure you want wear those in front of millions of screaming teenagers?”

  

“Too bad he has a cup on." Justin muttered, trying to get his girlfriends attention back on him.

"He does not!" Darcie exclaimed.

"You're just jealous."

"Ami!" Justin choked out.

"What?"

“You did not just say that.” Justin muttered.

  

“I’m with the wrong member.” Ami teased.

  

“Well we could switch on weekends.” Darcie suggested, still staring at JC.

  

She giggled as JC moved towards her, “Just think babe, once the tour is done I can wear these all you want.”

  

“You’re assuming that I would want to be seen in public with you and those pants.”

  

“Who said anything about going out in public?” JC winked.

  

“Okay, ewww that’s it.” Ami exclaimed, “If I’m not needed I have contracts and wordings to look over.”

  

Justin grabbed Ami’s hand as she moved past, “Are you okay?”

  

“I’m fine; I’m just really behind on my Freelance stuff.” Ami sighed, “Look, can I go to your place to work? Sam’s got a bunch of her co-workers coming over so she’ll just put me to work cleaning if I go home.”

  

Justin nodded and ran his hand through her hair, “You know you don’t have to ask right?”

  

“I know; I just feel better asking.” Ami told him, catching his hand and cradling it to her cheek.

  

“Look, how about I come home after this and we’ll go out for dinner.”


Ami shook her head, “You’ve been looking forward to your game night with Chris and Darcie for weeks. Besides, I don’t know how long these contracts and papers are going to take me.”  


Justin frowned and pulled her to him, kissing the top of her head, “You know I’ll cancel it if need be.”

  

“I know, but don’t worry about me. I haven’t had much alone time lately. You’re so clingy.”

  

Justin shook his head, “Fine, but I’m calling it an early night so that I can come home and watch a movie with you.”

  

Ami rolled her eyes, “Fine, I’ll see you then. See ya guys!”

  

~ * ~

  

Ami groaned as the doorbell rang, drawing her attention from the contract she was proof reading. She had been working steadily for over five hours and was almost through the seven contracts that she had been proofing for Lance before he sent them off to his newest artists.

  

She was grateful that it wasn’t her cell phone ringing yet again. The guys had a weekend off and the Bass family had a family reunion planned. As Lance’s personal assistant, Darcie had been in charge of arranging the flight that would get Lance home in time to see his brood.

  

She climbed to her feet and shuffled to the door and opened it, eyeing JC curiously, "You lost?"

"Hello to you too." JC laughed.

"Well I know that you know that Justin isn't here since he's off goofing around with Chris and Darcie." Ami said, "So that leads me to believe that you were driving home and took a wrong turn."

"Why would I knock on my own front door?" JC teased.

Ami shrugged, "You're a celebrity and you're rich, that means you have a right to be eccentric."

JC rolled his eyes, "Is it so hard to believe that I just wanted the pleasure of your company?"

"And Lance really likes girls." Ami snapped, "So how about we cut the bullshit and you tell me why you're here."

"What's with the attitude?"

"I had seven contracts to go over for Lance, not to mention the fact that I've been dodging phone calls from Diane all day since she's been phoning to confirm with me for the eleventh time that Lance is indeed flying home on the weekend." Ami told him.

"Ah the stress level is peaking."

"Just a titch." Ami looked over his shoulder, "You have exactly five seconds to get away from that gate before I taser your teeny ass."

JC glanced behind him and saw a teenage girl quickly step away from the gate and keep walking. "Look, I need someone to talk to."

"That's what your girlfriend is for."

"It's about my girlfriend." JC said, "And before you tell me to talk to the guys may I remind you of the advice they give."

Ami sighed and nodded the last time she had asked for advice from Chris and Joey they had left her more frustrated and annoyed then when she had gone in. Lance gave some halfway decent advice, but something told her he wouldn’t be very good with girl problems.

  

Ami's eyes narrowed, "Is this going to make me want to kick your ass in any way, shape, or form?"

"I don't think so, you might feel a little queasy, but the only violent urges you should get is if that girl comes back again."

Ami rolled her eyes and pushed the door open, "Fine, I could use a break. And if Diane phones you can tell her that Lance is coming home, maybe she'll believe someone other then me and him."

JC grinned and stepped inside, following Ami to the large family room. They sat down on the plush leather sofa and Ami quickly tucked her legs under her body. "Alright, what's up?"

JC sighed and turned so he was sitting Indian style, facing her, "I don't even know where to begin."

"Well obviously you do, or you wouldn't be here." Ami said with a sigh, "Is this about her night terrors?"

Darcie tended to have night terrors when her stress levels began to peak. At first they had really thrown JC for a loop. He hadn’t known what to do when he suddenly woke up with Darcie beside him screaming and thrashing. When he had tried to wake her up she had split his lip open.

 

JC shook his head, "No, those don't really bother me anymore, I've gotten about as used to them as a person possibly can."

"Alright then what is it?" Ami asked.

"This is going to sound so sappy." JC muttered, "Alright last night we were lying in bed watching a movie. Usually when we lay like that we're either side by side because she moves around so damn much, or the odd time I can get her to settle down so I can hold her."

Ami nodded in understanding, Darcie had never been one to be able to be still during a movie. It wasn't that she couldn't stay seated, she shifted a lot and depending on the movie she could zone in to it so completely a bomb could go off next to her and she wouldn't even notice. "Yeah she's annoying to watch a movie with until you get used to how much she moves."

"Anyway, last night she was actually holding me, and I was so content." JC admitted, "It was scary. I mean Bobbie tried a few times to hold me like that and I just couldn't get used to the idea of her holding me."

Ami's eyebrow arched, she couldn't count the amount of times that Justin had snuggled up to her. She loved it when he would lay his head on her collarbone or her chest and just let her hold him. She and Darcie had talked about it one day after Darcie had walked in on the two of them cuddling on the couch. Darcie had admitted how much she envied Ami for being able to do that since JC never seemed like he would accept that kind of intimacy.

"So what you're saying is you realized how content and happy Darcie makes you?" Ami asked, "JC if you just realized that I'm going to kick your ass just for being a fucking idiot."

JC shot Ami a look, "What I realized was that I'm falling madly in love with your best friend."

Ami's eyes widened and her jaw dropped, "Wow. How madly are you falling?"

"Have you ever heard that Bryan Adams song?" JC asked, "The one that makes Darcie get all teary?"
 
"Have you ever really loved a woman?" Ami confirmed, "Oh God, if you tell me you're seeing your unborn children in her eyes I'm going to smack you." 
 
JC shrugged, "Ami for the first time in my life I can see myself settling down and marrying."
 
"But you hate commitment; you have a bigger marriage phobia then Chris."


"That should tell you something then." JC muttered, "All I know is when I look at her I wonder if our kids will have my eyes or hers, whose nose they'll get, I pray they get her lips and her dimples."
 
Ami stared at JC, "You're right, I do feel my lunch coming back up."

  

JC rolled his eyes, “I’m serious Aims.”

  

“So tell her.” Ami said.

  

“The timing has to be perfect.” JC said.

  

It was Ami’s turn to roll her eyes, “What is it with you men and needing the timing to be perfect?”

  

“What do you mean?”

  

“Do you really think we want to be wined and dined and have you plan this big hokey thing before you can tell us?” Ami asked, “When has Darcie ever wanted those traditional things? You could walk in on her gaming night tonight and tell her and she would be thrilled that you told her.  You just need to tell her.”

  

“Gee Ami; tell me how you really feel.” JC grinned.

  

“Want to know how I really feel?” Ami asked, “I feel the need to tell you that the next time you’re sexing up my best friend, do not encourage her to answer her damn phone. Massage my ass.”

  

JC snickered, “Yeah sorry about that, it seemed like a good idea at the time.”

  

“Ugh, get out of here and go harass my boyfriend will ya?”

  

JC grinned and leaned over to kiss her cheek, “Are you coming to rehearsal tomorrow?”

  

“Oh you know I can’t resist you boys and your hip thrusts.” Ami sighed, “Now go, and if I ever have to hear her getting sexed up again, I will have your ass.”

   



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love tour jc justin joey chris lance