“You know I could have just dropped you off at home.” Justin told Darcie as they sat down at the table and the waiter handed them their menus.

 

“Mom’s gone to visit Dale, Ami’s doing lord knows what, and I didn’t feel like eating alone.”

 

“So why me and not Chris?” Justin asked.

 

“What don’t enjoy my company?”

 

“Of course I do!” Justin insisted, “It’s just that Chris is usually the one you call.”

 

Darcie giggled, “I know, but it’s been awhile since it was just you and me.”

 

“True, you me and Lance were always the three underage musketeers.” Justin laughed, looking through his menu, “Then he turned 18 and deserted us, that rat bastard.”

 

Darcie giggled and looked up at the waiter, placing her order. “Remember the time we snuck into Joey’s room and ordered porn?”

 

Justin snorted, “Yeah, and then all Lou kept asking was why he ordered it twice.”

 

“And Joe had just shrugged and said it must have been good.” Darcie gasped out between giggles. “I couldn’t look you in the eye for a month and I thought for sure Chris was going to die when I asked him how some of those positions were possible.”

 

“That’s why I asked Joey.” Justin admitted, “I never did thank you for getting me a copy of that porn when I turned 18.”

 

“It took me forever to find and it also got me into a lot of shit from mom when I used her credit card to order it online.” Darcie told him. “So, I have a question for you.”

 

“I have an answer, though I don’t know if it will be the one you want.” Justin said, picking his beer up off the table.

 

Darcie rolled her eyes, “So tell me something, are you planning on asking Ami out or are you just going to keep dicking around until someone else does it and then I have to listen to you bitching and complaining about how you missed your chance.”

 

Justin’s hand stopped as he raised the drink to his lips and he blinked at her in surprise, “Pardon?”

 

“You heard me.” Darcie told him, “She’s my best friend, and I can tell that you like her a lot. This isn’t your typical flirting bullshit; you actually want to date her. So I want to know when you’re going to get off your sorry ass and do something about it.”

 

Justin took a slow sip of his drink before placing it gently on the table, “Good to see you’re still as blunt as always.”

 

“Answer the damn question Timberlick.”

 

Justin rolled his eyes, “Come on Darcie, it was easy for you and JC. You knew what you were getting yourself into.”

 

“Easy?” Darcie laughed bitterly, “JC and I have hardly had it easy.”

 

“You know what I mean Darc.” Justin told her, “You’ve seen what the fans are like; you know the things that they can do and say. I don’t want to see Ami subjected to that.”

 

Darcie reached over and took his hand, “She’s tougher then she looks. She knows what the fans are like, I’ve told her some of the worst stories I can think of from back when I toured with you guys. She has a good idea of what to expect. Besides, she has me to help her out.”

 

“Okay, what the hell are you doing holding my woman’s hand.” JC’s voice interrupted them.

 

“I can’t help the fact that she already finds me more satisfying.”

 

“Oh yes, it’s all in the hip thrusts.” Darcie muttered, rolling her eyes. “Hey Aims.”

 

Ami sat down next to Darcie, smirking at the look JC shot her. “I had a feeling you’d be here for dinner.”

 

“What can I say; I’m a creature of habit.” Darcie said with a shrug, “So what did my mom need you to get that I couldn’t?”

 

“She had to send me into the bakery to get the new guy to sign some papers.” Ami said, ordering her food, “I have a feeling she asked me because I’m single and he was extremely good looking.”

 

“Good looking you say.” Darcie muttered shooting Justin a pointed look, “Did you get a phone number.”

 

“Technically yes since he filled out all the paperwork, but he did ask for mine.” Ami said, sipping her water, “JC aim more to the left, that’s my shin you’re rubbing.”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes as JC turned red and a foot suddenly pressed against hers, “Please tell me you gave it to him.”

 

“Of course, I’m single and he was pretty attractive, I’m not gonna shoot a guy like that down.”

 

“Seems like a great catch.” Justin practically growled.

 

“Well if I don’t have any other offers, might as well play the field.” Ami shot back.

 

Darcie and JC snickered, “I thought you were blunt.” JC said.

 

“She’s learned from the best.” Darcie said with a wink, “So are you done being a big old cranky pants?”

 

JC rolled his eyes and raised his voice to talk over Justin and Ami’s arguing, “You know how much I freak out on the first day of rehearsal.”

 

“Yeah, you turn into a whiny bitch.” Ami said.

 

Their food arrived before JC could respond and Darcie made sure to start a somewhat civil conversation for the rest of the meal.

 

~ * ~

 

Darcie stretched as she opened her eyes, the sound of a lawn mower drifting through her open window. She groaned and pulled the pillow over her head, wondering who would be cutting the grass and disturbing her sleep.

 

She pulled the pillow away and glanced at the empty space beside her, frowning when she realized that meant JC was either downstairs getting his head ripped off by Ami, or he had left for the day. She smiled as she saw the large Gerber Daisy lying on the empty pillow and pulled it to her to sniff it.

 

“Cheese ball.” She muttered softly as she pushed herself out from under her blankets.

 

She made her way down to the kitchen to find Ami standing at the large bay window with a cup of coffee. The sound of the lawn mower was much louder then it had been upstairs.

 

“I thought mom gave Tim the week off.” Darcie said, grabbing a mug for some tea.

 

“She did.”

 

“Well is that sound coming from our backyard?”

 

“Better believe it.” Ami said, her head moving to follow something moving in the backyard.

 

“Well if Tim is off, and you’re inside, who’s mowing the lawn?” Darcie said as she joined Ami at the window.

 

Darcie’s jaw dropped to see JC and Justin working away in the backyard. Both men were shirtless and had sweat dripping down their backs. Justin’s was starting to turn a little pink and Darcie could see the difference in JC’s tan.

 

“There’s something to be said about celebrities who are craving normalcy.” Ami said.

 

“That is certainly a sight I could wake up to every morning.” Darcie said with a sigh.

 

“I know right.” Ami said.

 

“How did you manage to convince them to do this?” Darcie asked, “And where did they get that other lawn mower?”

 

“They went and borrowed one from Mrs. Hall and I told them that whoever finished their side first would get breakfast and the loser had to make it.” Ami said. “Of course Justin whined for a little bit, but threatening to cut the boy was quite affective.”

 

“Yeah no kid- wait what?”

 

“Justin and I had a long talk last night after you and JC went to bed.” Ami said, “Which by the way I want details about.”

 

“We slept now spill.” Darcie said, staring at Ami.

 

“I don’t remember him bringing any clothes over, does the nickname ‘Big Daddy’ really fit?” Ami asked, avoiding the subject of her and Justin.

 

“I wouldn’t know.” Darcie growled, “What did he say?”

 

“I really must thank you for interfering earlier today.”

 

Ami!” Darcie whined, “Stop avoiding the damn subject!”

 

Ami giggled and put her cup down, “He asked me out last night and then gave me strict instructions that if that guy called I have to tell him to bugger off.”

 

“He told you that you had to?”

 

“Oh yeah, then I promptly told that if he tried to tell me what I could and couldn’t do I’d be telling him to bugger off.” Ami laughed. “What the hell are they doing?”

 

Darcie turned back to the window in time to see Justin smack JC across the thigh with the pole of the rake. She released a sigh and shook her head, “Wade is not going to like that.”

 

 JC was shouting at Justin and hobbling after him, a hand pressed against his thigh. Ami rolled her eyes and watched as JC tackled Justin to the ground, rubbing his knuckles into Justin’s hair, making the curls frizzy.

 

“Do you think we should stop this?” Ami asked.

 

A loud shout from the side of the backyard made Darcie and Ami press closer to the window. Chris was now running across the backyard with Joey right behind him. Darcie groaned as Chris and Joey jumped on top of their wrestling band mates.

 

“I take it your forgot we were coming over this morning.” Lance drawled as he stepped up to window, cup of coffee in his hand.

 

“Gee Lance, help yourself to the coffee.” Ami muttered, wincing as Justin picked Chris up and slammed him to the ground.

 

Lance rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around Darcie’s shoulders. “You guys are coming to the studio again today right?”

 

“Of course, I didn’t get to torture Wade as much as I could have since my sidekick wasn’t with me.” Darcie said, laying her head on Lance’s shoulder. “Why what’s up?”

 

“After practice we’re all going to have dinner at my place.” Lance told them, “I think it’s time that they know.”

 

“Are you sure?” Ami asked, turning away from the window, “It’s a big step.”

 

“You’re worried it will come out on tour aren’t you?” Darcie asked.

 

Ami looked back and forth between Darcie and Lance, “Am I missing something?”

 

“Lance is a very truthful drunk.” Darcie explained, “You’re worried we’ll all be hammered and you’ll spill the beans, aren’t you?”

 

Lance shrugged and sighed as something outside drew his attention, “Okay, you two go get ready, I’m going to go see if I can break this up.”

 

Darcie and Ami each gave Lance a kiss on the cheek as they made their way upstairs. Darcie glanced back in time to see Joey and Justin grab Lance’s ankle and pull him into the pile.

 “I hope they take it as well as I think they will.” She muttered softly before disappearing into her room.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love tour jc justin joey chris lance