Story Notes:
This was an old story that I wrote back in 1999/2000 and had never finished. A recent event that has ended up with a close friend of mine in the hospital brought this story out of the hidden depths of my computer when we started talking about it and I decided to revamp it. If a story involving the group around the time of 2000-2001 doesn’t appeal to you, I completely understand, but if you decide to read on past this point I really hope that you’ll enjoy it.

Muttered curses could be heard throughout the hallways of the empty condo.

 

“Chris!” A feminine voice screamed from the front door.

 

Chris Kirkpatrick appeared at the top of the stairs and stared down at the younger girl that was struggling with the box that she held in her arms.

"Yes princess?” He said sweetly, knowing that once she got up the stairs he was in for her infamous wrath. 

Darcie Fraser set the box down with a groan and pushed her dark hair out of her eyes. Her hands landed on her hips as she glared up at him. “Did you plan on moving any of your boxes in today?”

 

“Well you and Ami are doing such an awesome job I figured I’d just start unpacking.”

A thud announced the arrival of Darcie’s best friend Ami Ainslie, who took on a stance that practically mirrored her friends, “It’s not too late to go home, my car is empty now.” 

Darcie sighed and bent down to pick up her box once more, “True enough.” She muttered, “He has to be the only famous person I know that doesn’t use a moving company.”

           

“You’re going to throw your back out if you keep picking stuff up like that.” Chris called from the top of the stairs.

 

Darcie had met Chris four years earlier when her then 22 year old sister had met Chris backstage at an NSYNC concert, the group that he sang with. The two of them had seemed to hit it off and a few weeks later, while on break from the tour, Chris flew out to meet the family.

 

Darcie had been fifteen at the time, and more then a little star struck, not to mention jealous over the fact that her sister had caught the eye of someone famous. The relationship was short lived when after six months of dating it was evident that Dale was unable to deal with the fame that came with dating a celebrity.

 

Darcie had been afraid that she was going to lose someone who she had learn to look up to as an older brother, but luckily they remained friends over the years. A few years later Darcie, Ami and Darcie’s mom moved to Orlando when her mom accepted a new position.

 

And that was how Darcie had been suckered into helping him move. Of course the promise of beer and pizza and the idea of hanging out with him all day had been a good incentive as well. Not to mention that it meant that Ami could finally get to truly know him.

 

It had been almost a year since Darcie and Chris had last seen each other due to his tour and recording schedule and her time in school. Of course Darcie had changed quite a bit in that year. Her twenties had been kind to her; she had dropped what baby fat she had left after years of struggling with her weight. Her once long blonde hair had been cut short and died a black cherry color. She managed to save up for lasec eye surgery which allowed her to lose her glasses, finally ridding her of all hint of teenage awkwardness.

 

Both Ami and Darcie were tall and slim and had feisty, sarcastic attitudes that never failed to shock those around them. However, Ami’s perceived image was that of the “good girl” while Darcie was the “bad girl”.

 

Where Darcie preferred hard rock and metal music, Ami preferred electronica and Jazz. Darcie’s clothes consisted of jeans and a dark t-shirt with a witty saying or a band name, while Ami’s was more towards the latest fashions, or else something completely comfortable. Chris adored both girls and always had a lot of fun just sitting around talking to them.

 

The other members of NSYNC had yet to meet Ami, but they all knew Darcie well. At least they were used to the old Darcie. Along with the change to her look had come a drastic change to her personality. Chris had noticed it blooming when she first arrived in Orlando, and now it was out in full force.

 

“Are you two done griping yet?” Chris called as the girls made their way up the stairs, “The other guys are going to be here any minute.”

 

“Do you think we can get him out here and shoved down the stairs before the witnesses show up?” Ami muttered.

 

“Look at it this way; at least you can drool over Justin, if you can see past the curls.” Darcie said as they entered the master bedroom and ditched the boxes.

 

Ami had the typical fan girl crush on the youngest member of the group. Darcie had never understood the infatuation since when she met Chris she had been part of “Team Backstreet Boys” with a crush on AJ McLean and no interest in Justin Timberlake.

 

“You’re one to talk since the minute JC steps foot into this house you’ll be all stuttering and blushing.” Ami shot back.

 

Chris had chosen that time to exit out of the bathroom, “Still infatuated with him huh?”

 

JC Chasez had been very accepting of the then self conscious Darcie when Chris brought her on tour the first time, and she had fallen for him hard. Chris helped her through her broken heart when her teenage crush began to seriously date someone else and told her that he would “always love her like a little sister”. He had never known how devastating those words were to a shy and self conscious fifteen year old.

 

Like the other members, aside from Chris, he had lost contact with her when she graduated high school and began to concentrate on her college courses. While Darcie was nervous about their impending reunion, Chris was thrilled. JC had been single for several months and with the knowledge that Darcie still had feelings for him, not to mention that she was now of legal age, meant that Chris could work some of the NSYNC magic on the two of them.

The doorbell rang and both girls turned to Chris. “I’ll get that, can you two manage that box that’s in the kitchen?”

 

“Please tell me you don’t mean the big one.” Chris’s grin was the answer to her question, “Come on Ami, we’ll just charge a couple of massages to him later.”

 

 Chris shook his head and made his way down to the door as the girls disappeared into the kitchen. He opened the door and smiled brightly at his fellow band mates. “Um, there are only three of you, which means there’s one missing.”

 

“See JC, I told you he could count.” Joey Fatone said, stepping inside.

 

“Well where’s Justin?” Chris asked.

 

 “Susan is still trying to finish Justin's cornrows so he'll be by in an hour or so." JC told Chris.

“Man that woman has been working on those braids for close to five hours, I’ll be surprised if he has any hair left.” Lance muttered as they kicked off their shoes.

 

“Well come in, let’s head to the Kitchen.” Chris said, leading them into the now empty kitchen.

 

“Why did we decide to move this again?” Ami’s voice came from the adjoining room.

 

“Because it’s easier then hauling all this shit between the two – Ow!” Came Darcie’s scream. “You did that on purpose!”

 

“You can’t get mad; I’ve been muttering for at least thirty seconds that I was going to drop it.” Ami told her, “Come on D, get that psycho look out of your eye!”

 

They heard a door slam and the sound of a body running into it. “If you break any of my doors you’re fixing them!” Chris yelled from the kitchen before turning back to his bewildered band mates. “Some mover’s man, you just can’t hire good help these days.”

 

“Oh come on Ami, I swear I won’t hurt you…that bad…I mean first you drop that damn box and almost break my back, not to mention Chris’s cd’s, then you go and slam a door in my face.” Darcie’s tone was sickly sweet, “If you come out now you’ll be my best friend.”

 

“Nice try, I am your best friend!” Ami’s muffled response came, “Hell I’ve been your best friend about two million times now because you keep saying that. You need a new line!”

 

“Shut up and let me in!”

 

“No!” Ami giggled.

 

“Excuse me while I break up this little tiff the slaves seem to be having.” Chris muttered getting up from his chair and walking to the next room.

 

“Did you guys know that Chris got a new girlfriend?” Joey asked Lance and JC as Darcie entered the room.

 

“Oh ewww.” Darcie said making the boys turn, “I mean no offence to Chris, but I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.”

 

Joey’s jaw dropped as he looked at Darcie as she leaned against the doorframe. “Holy shit!” He exclaimed jumping to his feet, “I’d recognize those green eyes anywhere!”

 

Joey scooped Darcie up in a hug and spun her around while squeezing her tightly. “How’s it hanging stud!”

 

“I can assure you it ain’t hanging at all right now!” He said as he set her down and held her at arms length to stare at her. “You look amazing!”

 

“Thanks and look, I kept the tits and gained an ass!” She said with a grin when his eyes practically bugged out of his head.

 

They turned back to JC and Lance who were still looking at her curiously. “Don’t tell me you guys don’t recognize our little Darcie.” Joey said to them.

 

“Oh my,” Lance said, stepping closer, “Canada?”

“Glad you remembered Mississippi!” Darcie exclaimed hugging Lance tightly. “Better then someone I could mention.” 

“Oh you did not just make fun of my crappy memory.” Ami muttered as she entered the room, “That’s it Chris, hold me back.”

 

Darcie scoffed and rolled her eyes, “Yeah, cause I’m really terrified of you.”

 

“You should be, I flail like the best of them.”

 

Chris sighed and shook his head, “Women.”

 

Joey slid up next to Ami and picked up her hand, kissing the back of it, “Well hello there!” He purred.

 

Ami smiled and pretended to curtsey, “Oh you’re smooth, I like you.”

 

Darcie grinned and looked shyly at JC only to see that he was staring at his feet. With a disappointed sigh she turned to Chris, “So where’s the hair disaster of the past five years?”

 

“I thought you liked the curls.” Chris shot back.

 

“I do like the curls, I don’t like them bleached white.” Darcie told him. 

“They’re definitely not bleached white.” Chris said.

 

 “Well I know the boy is sporting a fro that would make a 70’s porn star proud.” Darcie laughed. “Okay come on Aim’s, tear yourself away from the Italian Stallion and help me finish that stereo.”

 

“Sorry duty calls!” Ami sighed, “Nice to meet you JC.”

 

The guys looked at JC and could see the tips of his ears turning pink, knowing he was caught. The guys settled back down at the table and Chris looked at them all smugly.

 

“Quite the transformation huh?”

 

“Transformation doesn’t quite begin to describe it.” Lance told him, “Who’s the other girl?”

 

“Her best friend, apparently she’s been living with them for quite awhile.” Chris told him, “So what do you think JC?”

 

JC looked up at Chris and shrugged, “Are you sure you want them playing with your stereo?”

 

“Don’t change the – wait, they’re setting up my stereo?” Chris asked in a panic, “That’s a five thousand dollar piece of equipment!”

 

The guys watched Chris jump up from his chair and run into the next room screaming Darcie’s name. JC winced when Lance and Joey both turned back to him.

 

“So what do you think JC?” Lance asked.

 

“You don’t want to know Lance,” JC muttered, slamming his head down onto the table, “You really don’t want to know.”

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own the name NSYNC or anyone in or affiliated with the group. All original characters are my property along with the plot of this story.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love tour jc justin joey chris lance