Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Before long it was after 10 o’clock and Salina told JC that she needed to get Vanessa home. The fact that Vanessa had slept that long worried Salina because she knew that Vanessa would now be waking up very early the next morning. Salina and JC loaded up his car and headed back to her apartment where JC again helped Salina carry the carseat and Vanessa up to the apartment. JC then laid the still sleeping Vanessa in her crib.

“She’s gonna be up so early tomorrow.” Salina whined.

“So, you should probably get to sleep soon.” JC told her as they walked back into the living room his conversation with Joey weighing heavily on his mind.

“I’m not at all tired.” JC turned to her and finally worked up the courage to ask her something he’d been wanting to know since they meet.

“Can I ask you something?” He said quietly.

“I don’t know where he is.” She responded before heading into the kitchen to get a bottle of water out of the refrigerator and offering him one.

He accepted it and slid onto the stool at the counter. “Who?”

“Vanessa’s dad. That’s what you wanted to know, right? Where he is?”

“Yeah. That’s what I was gonna ask. What happened?”

“He…left.” She said sitting down beside him. “A few months after I told him I was pregnant he left. I have no idea where he is or what he’s doing and frankly, I don’t care. He called about a month after Nessa was born and asked about her, but I haven’t heard from him since.”

“You’re not worried about what to say when she asks about her dad?”

“Yes, I am. But I don’t think that will happen for awhile so I’m not going to stress over it now. My main focus is just raising her right now and providing for her.”

JC reached out and put his hand on top of hers. “Well, you’re doing a great job.”

She smiled and hugged him. “Thank you. And thank you for being so great with her, she’s fallen for you hard.”

“And I her.” He pulled her away and looked into her eyes. “She’s a great kid and beautiful, just like her mommy.” Salina grinned and noticed JC leaning in to kiss her.

Just before his lips touched hers, Salina stopped him. “JC…”

“Shh.” He interrupted. “Don’t think, just feel.” He said before crushing her lips with his. Salina hesitated at first not wanting to give into the feelings surging inside her for the sake of the little girl asleep just yards away. But she couldn’t hold back long as her arms slipped around his neck and she deepened the kiss and moaned.

JC pulled back and looked at her. “Are you ok?”

“Are you kidding?” She said before pulling him back into the kiss and playing with the curls at the nape of his neck. Soon she felt JC’s tongue seeking entrance into her mouth which she granted and started to move backwards towards the couch where JC laid her down and then climbed on top of her.
Instead of resuming the kiss though JC laid with his head on her chest and they both tried to get their breathing under control. Salina sighed as she ran her fingers through his hair.

“JC?” She asked.

“Hmm?”

“What are we doing?”

He raised his head to look at her. “What?”

Salina sat up forcing JC to sit up next to her. “This…whatever it is…is not a good idea.”

He couldn’t believe what she was saying. They had just shared the most amazing kiss JC had ever experienced. “And why not?’

“Because I’m your publicist. Of all people I know that the last thing you need right now is a relationship. Not to mention the fact that I have a daughter.”

“You know I’m crazy about Nessa and you just said she’s crazy about me.”

“She is, but JC I just started working for JIVE and it’s going pretty well. I don’t want that to end.”

He took her head in his hands. “Listen to me. You will not lose your job if we pursue this. I promise.”
He leaned in to kiss her again quickly. Then he hopped up and pulled her towards the door. “I’ll tell you what, you think about this tonight and I’m gonna go home and get some sleep. And I will call you tomorrow, when you see my number on the caller id you can either answer or don’t. If you don’t, there’s no hard feelings, we’ll just go back to our publicist-popstar relationship, ok?”

She smiled. “Ok.”

He grinned then reached to open the door and stepped out. “So, goodnight. Sleep well.”

“You too, Josh.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendjc jc justin hospital tabloids joey chris lance solojc