Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Salina put her down but quickly grabbed her hand which Vanessa tried her hardest to pull away. “Oh no you don’t, mi hija. After what just happened you’re lucky I don’t put a leash on you.”

JC laughed as she led the way down the hall to her office. “She’s so cute!”

Salina chuckled. “You obviously don’t have children.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because no one who has a child would ever say that.” She said before offering the seat across from her desk to JC. She closed the door and let go of Vanessa’s hand and the little girl scrambled over to where her favorite stuffed animal, a brown teddy bear that she called “Tebby”, was lying.

JC looked over at her affectionately. “What’s her name?”

Salina smiled. “Vanessa. I am supposed to be looking for a baby-sitter but I just don’t know about leaving my baby girl with a stranger.”

JC smiled at the slight Spanish accent that Salina spoke with. It was cute. “Well, don’t worry about it. This office loves kids.”

Suddenly a voice came from the doorway. “You should know, we’ve kept you around this long.”

They both looked up to see Johnny standing in the doorway. They greeted him and Johnny walked over and handed Vanessa a lollipop.

Salina raised her eyebrows. “Johnny, when I have a crazed 18 month old baby on my hands, guess who I’m gonna send her to?”

Johnny laughed and put a huge file in front of her. “Is this the NSync file?” she asked wide-eyed.

“Nope, that’s just Justin’s.” He smiled.

JC let out a huge laugh and Salina looked over at him curiously. “Don’t worry the rest of ours shouldn’t be that big. Just be glad you got to start with me.”

“Really?” She asked with raised eyebrows.

“Not to toot the man’s horns but he is one of the easiest to work with and doesn’t get himself into too much trouble…yet.” Johnny answered.

“Good to know.”

“Well, I’ve got a meeting with some new projects we’ve got coming in so I’ve gotta get going.” Johnny said as he set the rest of the files on her desk. “Just came to give you those. See ya, Jace. See ya, kiddo.”

“Bye, Johnny!” JC called then turned back to Salina who suddenly looked very nervous.

“Uh…so…ahem….JC, just to be sure, your album comes out February 27th, is that correct?” She asked as she flipped into business mode and started typing things into her computer as she flipped his file open.

“That is correct.” He said with an amused face.

“Okay, so the first thing I want to do is get you set up for some appearances on talk shows and maybe some gigs at the upcoming awards shows and football games. What do you think about that?”

JC looked at her and shrugged. “You’re the boss.”

“No, actually, you are.”

“You mean to tell me I get to decide if I wanna do these things?”

”Kind of. I strongly recommend you do these appearances, but if it is something that you are totally against I’m not going to make you.”

JC was impressed. The last few publicists the guys had employed had been fired because they had forced them, mainly Justin, to do appearances and say things that they didn’t want to. They had never truly been allowed to do what the pleased.

“You don’t get complete control, but I’ve watched some of your appearances and I’ve noticed that it’s clear when you don’t want to be somewhere and it definitely is not well received with your fans.”
JC nodded in understanding.

“So on that note…is there any talk show or anything thing that you really want or don’t want to do?”

“Can I not do ‘The View’? I don’t know if I can stand talking to five women on TV by myself. Joey said it was horrible.”

Salina laughed and typed some information in her computer not noticing that Vanessa had walked over to JC climbed into his lap and laid her head on his chest as she sucked on her thumb. JC was now running his hands through the curls on her head.

Salina finished typing and almost choked up at the sight of this man holding her daughter. “You don’t…ahem…you don’t have to hold her. I can just lay her down over there, it looks like she’s getting tired.” Salina said standing up and going over to the baby bag and getting Vanessa’s pacifier out. She reached to take Vanessa from him but the little girl held tightly to his shirt.

“It’s okay.” He said softly. “She’s fine.”

She looked at him. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah, it does wonders for my ego to see that a girl wants me.” He smiled.

She smiled and stuck the pacifier in her daughter’s mouth as a replacement for her thumb. “I’m sure there are many of girls out there that could do wonders for your ego.” She said as she sat back down.

“Yeah but none of them are this cute.” He smiled at her and her breath caught…


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendjc jc justin hospital tabloids joey chris lance solojc