Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Salina was kept in the hospital for three days before she was finally deemed well enough to go home. JC stayed by her side almost entirely the whole time, clearing out his schedule so that the only time he wasn’t in her hospital room was when he went to get food or home to shower.
Against Salina’s wishes, JC had also called her parents to inform them of their daughter’s hospitalization and her mother had flown to Orlando to take care of Vanessa while Salina was in the hospital and recovering at home.

JC turned to Salina quickly who was gazing out the car window as he drove them home from the hospital. “Did you know that Jen and Tyler are dating?”

She smiled as she turned to face him. “Yeah, she told me.”

“When?”

“The day we came back from the Superbowl.”

JC’s eyes widened. “That’s who you were talking about? My baby brother?!”

“Yep. Apparently, he went to visit her a few times while she was baby-sitting Vanessa that week and they hit it off.”

“Hmm.”

“What?”

“Nothing. I just never would have guessed. My brother isn’t exactly a relationship-y kind of guy.”

“Maybe he’s changed since he’s getting older.”

“Maybe.” JC said as they pulled into her apartment complex.

Salina was overjoyed when she walked into her apartment and was able to hug her daughter. The little girl had only been to visit Salina once while she was in the hospital and with being out-of-town and then being hospitalized, Salina felt like she hadn’t spent time with her daughter in two weeks.

Vanessa whined when Salina wouldn’t pick her up due to her still healing abdomen, so JC stepped in and lifted the little girl into his arms as Salina’s mother coaxed the younger woman to lie down and get some rest.

“Mom, I’ve been laying down for three days. I kinda just want to sit up and watch a movie or something. Tomorrow I’m gonna have a ton of calls to make for work.”

“Why?” her mother asked as she sat next to her daughter and JC and Vanessa sat on the floor together playing with her blocks.

“The Grammy’s are on Sunday and the ProBowl. I can’t go to either so I need to make sure I have someone who can escort JC to the ProBowl and Justin to the Grammy’s. I’m really wishing I’d had you going to the Grammys right about now.” She said to JC.

“I can go alone.”

She gave him a skeptical look. “No, you can’t. And even if you could, you’re not going to.”

He shrugged and went back to helping Vanessa build a tower.

“So, what are you going to do?” her mother asked.

Salina sighed. “Depending on how I feel, I might send Jen with JC and I’ll just go with Justin to the Grammys.”

“Why does Justin get you?” JC pouted from the floor.

“Cause he has all this stuff going on with the Superbowl and I don’t know that I trust anyone else to handle his interviews. If I don’t go, he won’t be walking the red carpet.”

“Do I have to do interviews?”

“Yes, you have an album coming out in less than a month. You do all the interviews you can, sir.”

Maria stood up and announced that she was going to make them dinner as Salina reached over to turn on the television.

Later that night, after Vanessa and Maria were fast asleep, JC laid with Salina on her couch.

“So, are you really going with Justin to the Grammy’s?” JC asked as he played with her fingers.

She rolled her eyes. “It really bothers you that much? Josh, it’s not like I’m cheating on you with Justin or something.”

“No, I know. It’s just”you just got out of the hospital and you’re not feeling 100% yet. You don’t need to be dealing with the rabid crowds of the Grammy’s.”

Salina chuckled at his statement because as hectic as award shows could be, rabid crowds was a bit of an overstatement. She leaned back to kiss his jaw while smiling. “I love that you’re so worried, but I have to go. It’s my job, but I promise I will not leave this apartment until then.”

“Pinky swear?”

She hooked her pinkie with his and the two drifted off to sleep.



“So, I heard JC was mad that you’re here with me and not him.” Justin commented from the other side of the limo next to his mom.

Salina’s head snapped to attention from where she was gazing at the crowds outside her window. It was the day of the Grammy’s and Salina had accompanied Justin and his mother to the Staples Center in Los Angeles where it was being held.

She had sent Jen off with JC to Hawaii which obviously pleased both Jen and Tyler, but left JC in sort of a funk. Salina, on the other hand, had flown to LA with her daughter and set up camp at her parents’ house.

She had decided to make it a week-long trip and visit her old friends while she was in town.

“Who told you that?” She asked Justin.

He shrugged. “Word gets around. I didn’t mean to get you in trouble with loverboy or make things harder for him and his album release, Sal.”

She shook her head. “It’s not your fault, Justin. Don’t worry about it.”

“Well, are you sure you’re feeling well enough for this, sweetie?” Lynn asked her.

“Of course. Ready to face the masses.” She said as her door was opened and she stepped out followed by Justin. An array of flashes went off when Justin stepped out of the limo and Salina guided him up the red carpet as fans screamed his name.

Salina had decided that in lieu of recent events, Justin would bypass all interviewers, pose briefly for photos on the red carpet and head inside for the show in order to not bring up the “Nipplegate” fiasco. That, of course, didn’t stop the photographers from yelling out comments about the situation and questions. As he inched further and further down the red carpet, Salina noticed Justin’s jaw tensing and broke in. She quietly pulled him faster down the red carpet.

“Are you okay?” She asked as the group was escorted to their seats. Justin nodded and Salina made sure he and Lynn were comfortable before heading backstage where all of the publicists waited to see if their clients received any awards.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendjc jc justin hospital tabloids joey chris lance solojc