“I can’t believe you’re not putting out milk and cookies.” JC said to Salina softly as they walked into her apartment later that night.

Salina looked at him as she closed the door behind him and followed him as he carried her sleeping daughter to the small bedroom. They had decided to leave the Christmas party at around nine because Vanessa was getting cranky having missed her nap that day and Salina didn’t want to have to stay up too late putting together toys like Kelly had said earlier.

They had said goodbye to the other families and loaded into the SUV so that they could be on their way home.

“She’s sleeping, Josh. She’s not going to know the difference.”

“Did you explain the concept of Santa Claus to her?” He asked as he laid her down and switched her baby monitor on.

“I tried, but I don’t think she got it. She just knows that a strange man is coming here with toys.”

JC laughed as he followed her out of the room and closed the door slightly. “Well, that’s the most important part I guess.” He said and sat down on her bed as she started taking out the toys she had bought Vanessa out of her closet. “I still can’t believe you aren’t having cookies though.”

”Don’t think that I don’t know why you want me to make cookies, Joshua.” She said giving him a wary look as she got wrapping paper out from under her bed and sat beside him.

“What?” He asked innocently.

“The only reason you want me to have cookies for ‘Santa’ is because YOU want to pretend to be ‘Santa’ and eat all the cookies.”

JC gasped dramatically. “I can’t believe you would think I was capable of something like that.” He said smiling as he kissed her cheek and stood up. “I’m gonna go get my bag from the car.”

”Okay.” She said as she continued putting together a Barbie doll house that she had bought to add to Vanessa’s ever growing collection of Barbie toys. When JC returned he sat beside her and helped her put together the rest of Vanessa’s toys before they carried the toys she had bought Vanessa and the massive amounts that he had bought Vanessa into the living room and set them up in front of the couch.

JC watched as Salina filled Vanessa’s stocking with little toys and a few candy canes and smiled. Never would he have thought that he would be okay with setting up toys on Christmas Eve and even finding it fun, but at that moment he felt more domesticated than ever. He felt as if he was supposed to be there sharing this Christmas with the two girls and nothing had ever felt so right and scary at the same time.

“What’s wrong?” Salina asked pulling him out of thoughts.

JC shook his head. “Nothing. Can I give you your first present now?”

”It’s not Christmas yet.” She said shaking her head and giving him a disapproving look.

He glanced at his watch and shook his head right back at her. “You’re wrong. It is 12:02, missy. Christmas day has indeed begun. So, come on.” He said pulling her back towards her bedroom.

He sat her down on the bed when and went to dig through his bag to find her gift. After a few moments he walked over to her and handed her an envelope before kneeling in front of her.

She looked at him skeptically. “What is it?”

”Open it and see.” He laughed with his hands braced on her knees.

She quickly opened the package and held up a laminated pass that said, “Flora Day Spa” on it.

“It’s an all day pass for you to spend at the best spa in Orlando next week.”

”Really?” She smiled at the thought of being pampered for an entire day.

“Yep. On Wednesday you and a friend of your choice, probably Jenn, are going to spend the day there while Nessa and I bond a little bit.”

”You’re gonna watch Vanessa?”

”Yeah. Why? You don’t think I can do it?”

”No, I know you can. What are you gonna do?” She asked and JC couldn’t miss the worry in her voice.

“Oh, I thought we’d watch a few action flicks, throw back some beer then head to a strip club.” Salina rolled her eyes in return. “I’m kidding. I don’t know we’ll chill out and watch ‘The Lion King’ or something. Don’t worry.”

“I’m not worried.” She said softly looking him in the eyes. “I trust you. Thank you for this.”

“You’re welcome.” He whispered before kissing her tenderly.

“We better get to sleep.” She said as she hesitantly pulled away.

“Okay.” He pulled away from her and she walked into the bathroom to change and brush her teeth. When she returned he had changed into pajama pants and was standing shirtless next to her window.

She smiled and walked over to him. “Whatcha looking at?” She said wrapping her arms around him from behind.

“The stars. It’s beautiful out.” He said turning around in her arms and kissing her head.

“You gonna write a song about it?” She giggled.

He let out a laugh. “I don’t write about every beautiful thing that I see, you know.”

She smiled as he led her over to the bed and they laid down together. He reached over and turned off the light before pulling her to him.

“So, what’s been your inspiration recently?” She asked running her fingertips over his bare chest.

He sighed and paused momentarily before answering her. “You.” He said. “And Vanessa.”

She looked up at him. “Really?”

”Yeah.” He said with his eyes closed, smiling slightly.

“And occasionally Halle Berry.”

She slapped at his arm playfully and he laughed before pulling her closer. “Nah, just you and Nessa are all the inspiration I need.”

She smiled and kissed him lightly before closing her eyes as well. “Merry Christmas, Josh.” She said.

“Merry Christmas, baby.” He replied before they both drifted off to sleep.


Salina woke the next morning at nine o’clock to hear baby chatter coming from the monitor sitting on her nightstand. She smiled and carefully slid out of bed, so as to not wake JC before she trodded down the hall to greet her daughter.

“Hola, mi hija. Feliz Navidad.” She said as she lifted her out of the crib and kissed her cheek. “You wanna go get JC?”

“C?”

“Yeah, come on.” She said as she entered back into her bedroom and set Vanessa down next to JC.

Vanessa crawled over to him and sat on his chest and looked at him closely before turning to her mother. She put her finger to mouth and made a shooshing motion.
“Shh! He seepin.” Vanessa whispered and Salina concealed a giggle and sat down next to them. “No, mama, no.” Vanessa said putting her hands over her mother’s mouth to keep her from laughing.

“Mi hija, it’s okay. Wake him up.”

”Up?” Vanessa asked with an unsure glance.

“Yeah.” Salina nodded.

“C?” Vanessa said shaking his head from side to side.

“C? Up? Mama say 'up'!”

JC groaned and opened his eyes to look at the beautiful baby sitting on top of him. “Ugh..” He cleared his throat. “Hey, sweetie.”

“C, up?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m awake.” He said stretching his arms over his head and looking over to Salina. “Hey, you. You sent the kid to wake me up?”

“I figured you’d be more obliging if it was her.”

”You were right.” He said and lifted Vanessa off of him so that he could sit up and wake up fully. “You ready for Christmas, munchkin? Ready for presents?”

“Pwesens?” She asked looking from JC to her mom.

“Heck yeah you’ve got presents. Let’s go see.” Salina offered as she set Vanessa on the floor and watched her patter out of the room before turning to JC. “You ready to open presents?”

JC smiled and thought of how nice it would be to do this with her every year. “Yeah, yeah, I’m ready.”

The two adults sauntered out into the living room to find Vanessa already scooting around on her tricycle with her new Barbie backpack on her back. JC sat on the couch while Salina headed into the kitchen to turn on the coffee pot and get out fixings for pancakes.

“Mama, mine?” Vanessa asked as she scooted herself into the kitchen. Salina stooped down to her eye level and smiled at her daughter.

“Yep, it’s all yours. You like it?”

“Yeah.” She said getting bored with her mother and riding off back towards the living room. Salina stood up and laid down on the couch with her head in JC’s lap. He smiled as he stroked her hair.

“She’s talking a lot more.”

“I know. I think it’s because she’s been at daycare so she has to talk to communicate with the other kids.” She said as Vanessa moved on to the next present which happened to be a doll house given to her by JC. “I can’t believe you bought her that.”

“It’s cute.” He argued. “Perfect for her.”

“Where am I gonna put it?”

He shrugged. “Not my problem.”

She slapped at his stomach and he laughed. “I’ll make it your problem when I send it to your house for storage.”
Vanessa toddled up to her mom and held the container of play-doh in her hands. “Off.” She commanded pulling at the top.

Salina took the container from her and attempted to open it several times before giving up and handing it silently to JC who smirked. “Come here, sweetie.” She said holding her arms out to her daughter and kissed her cheek. “I love you.”

“Love too.” Vanessa said giving her mother a sloppy, wet kiss on the cheek.

Salina giggled and pointed to a present that was sitting next to Vanessa’s doll house. “Mi hija, go get that present for mommy, kay?”

Vanessa looked at the present before walking over, lifting it and bringing it to her mom. “Mine?”

“No, this is what we got JC, remember?”

“Yeah.”

JC smiled and handed Vanessa the newly opened play-doh container. “You got me a gift?” He asked as Salina sat up and handed it to him.

“Of course.” She said smiling before she told Vanessa to take her play-doh into the kitchen so that it wouldn’t stain her carpet.

He smiled at her and Vanessa looked at him expectantly. “Off.” She said.

“Well, aren’t we demanding today?” JC smiled and pulled her onto his lap before he tore the paper off of the leather bound journal.

He looked at the brown book with the words "Josh’s Journal" inscribed on the front.

“I noticed the journal that you write in is getting a little full, so I bought you a new one.”

He looked at her wide-eyed. “I didn’t even know you knew I had a journal.”

”I saw you writing in it the night I stayed over.”

“I thought you were sleeping.” He commented as Vanessa took the journal from his hands and began flipping through it.

Salina shrugged. “You thought wrong. Do you like it?”

“Of course. I love it, baby.” He said leaning over to give Salina a quick kiss. “And thank you, Nessa.” He said planting a big raspberry on her cheek making her giggle and wipe at her cheek. Vanessa walked away from them to continue sifting through her toys and Salina returned to her previous position with her head in JC’s lap.

“I’m glad we got to spend Christmas together.” JC said to his girlfriend softly.

Salina smiled. “Me too.” She said sitting up slightly to hug him.

JC, Salina and Vanessa spent the rest of the morning eating breakfast and opening presents. By the time Vanessa went down for her nap at 1, JC and Salina were ready for a nap too. Salina yawned as she cuddled up to JC as they stretched out on the couch. “What time do we need to be at your brother’s?”

“At about 5. You can take a nap if you want.”

“Will you take one with me?” She asked cutely.

”Of course, baby.” He said kissing her forehead gently.


The couple woke an hour later and busied themselves with getting ready to leave for dinner with JC’s family.
“Josh, what do you think of this one?” Salina asked walking into Vanessa’s room where JC was changing the baby’s diaper.

“It’s great.” He stated with disinterest.

She sighed. “You’re not even looking.”

”Baby, I’m sure it’s just as wonderful as the 10 other outfits you’ve tried on. Could you please just pick one?”

“I just want to look perfect for when I meet your parents.”

He turned to look at her. “You always look perfect, honey.”

“Nice try. Really, what should I wear?”

He sighed as he leaned back against the changing table with Vanessa sitting beside him on the table also gazing at her mother. “I think you should wear the one you have on now since we need to get going.”

Salina huffed. “Fine.” She said and scurried back into her room to get her shoes and purse.

JC shook his head as he collected Vanessa and her diaper bar. “Let’s go, munchkin.”

“’Kay.” She responded cutely.



Thirty minutes later, JC had finally gotten his girlfriend out of her apartment and on the road.

“How far is your brother’s house?” Salina asked as she nervously tapped her fingers on the arm rest.

JC reached over and put his hand over hers to cease the act that was slowly driving him crazy. “About 15 miles. Not bad.” He glanced at her briefly. “It’s gonna be fine, Sal.”

She nodded. “I know, I know.” She turned then to look out the window.

The rest of the ride was filled with JC singing quietly along with the radio, but he stopped suddenly when he heard Vanessa humming along with him.

Salina shook her head at the look he had on his face. “Don’t say it. Don’t even think it.”

“Babe, she’s perfectly on key.”

“I know. I can hear her, JC.”

”Normal 2-year-olds can’t do that. Where’d she learn that?”

”I don’t know. Probably from hanging around my office and stuff.”

“Sal, she could be the next Christina!”

“I don’t think so.”

“Why not”

”Because I said so.” She said firmly giving him a look that clearly stated the conversation was over. JC would have commented, but didn’t considering that they were pulling into his brother’s driveway and he didn’t want Salina any more tense than she already was.

Once JC had stopped the car Salina closed her eyes and took a deep breath as JC collected Vanessa from her carseat and walked around to open Salina’s door.

”You okay?” JC asked with a slightly amused tone as Salina reached into the backseat to retrieve Vanessa’s diaper bag

“I’m fine.” She smiled and followed him up to his brother’s apartment where he knocked loudly on the door. He gave her a reassuring smile and kissed Vanessa on the cheek just before the door was opened by a long, curly-haired young woman.

“Hey, big brother.” The girl said and stepped aside to let them through,

“Hey, what’s up?.” JC turned to Salina. “Salina, this is my sister, Heather. Heather, this is Salina and her daughter Vanessa.”

”It’s so nice to meet you. You’re all we’ve heard about during the last couple of weeks.” Heather said excitedly giving Salina a hug.

Salina smiled graciously thankful for being so warmly accepted by the first person she’d met in his family and was about to respond when another voice came from deeper within the apartment.

”I think I hear my eldest son out there somewhere.” A man’s voice called and JC grinned as he grabbed Salina’s hand and led the way to the living room where JC’s father and brother were sitting watching football.

“Hey, dad.” JC said giving his dad a manly one-armed hug with Vanessa still clinging to him.

“Well, now who’s this beautiful little girl?” Roy asked giving Vanessa a warm smile.

“This is Vanessa and her mom, my girlfriend, Salina.” JC said gesturing to Salina who was standing next to Heather, watching her boyfriend interact with his dad.
Roy turned to her and smiled. “And more beautiful than the baby is her mother.” He commented making Salina blush.

“It’s so nice to meet you, Salina.”

”It’s very nice to meet you as well, Mr. Chasez.”

”Mr. Chasez? What am I old or something? Call me Roy. This is Josh’s little brother, Tyler.” He said pointing to the young man still sitting on the couch who had yet to pay attention to the new people in the room.

When Tyler still didn’t acknowledge them, JC reached over and hit his brother on the back of the head. “Ow!” Tyler exclaimed and looked at his brother. “What the hell was that for?!”

”You didn’t even notice I was here.” JC responded.

“Who cares? I just saw you yesterday.”

”Tyler Chasez, be nice to your brother!” Salina turned quickly to see who she assumed to be JC’s mother come into view from the kitchen. “How are you, my son? I’ve missed you.”

JC leaned down to give his mother a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “I’ve missed you too, mom. I want to introduce you to Salina and Vanessa.” He held his breath because the person that JC most wanted approval of these two new people in his life was his mother.

His mother smiled widely and welcomed Salina with a large hug and invited her to come and chat with her and Heather in the kitchen while the boys watched the game. Salina accepted graciously and when she asked JC if he wanted her to take Vanessa with her, Roy stepped in and said that they were going to teach Vanessa the ins and outs of professional football.

Salina laughed and followed Heather and Karen into the kitchen.

“Do you two need any help?” She asked the mother and daughter who were putting the finishing touches on the food.

“No, I think we’ve just about got it.” Karen answered. “So, tell me, Salina, how do you like the new job? Josh tells me you’re a lot better than their last publicist.”

Salina laughed. “Well, I think JC’s kind of biased, but I like it a lot. I’m excited for his album to come out.”

”Ooh, did he let you hear it yet?” Heather asked.

“I listened to some of it last week. I haven’t gotten through the entire album yet.”

”Is it good?”

”Yeah, it really is. It’s very different, which I think is good. It doesn’t sound like anything else that’s out right now.”

“Well, that’s good. I’ll have to ask him for a copy.” Karen stated.

The three women talked for about another hour before the food was finally ready to be served and Salina went to round up the boys and wash Vanessa up for dinner.

Salina was busy washing Vanessa’s hands when JC stepped into the bathroom behind her.

“Are you okay?” He said placing his hands on her shoulders.

“Yeah, you’re family’s great.” She said smiling at him before turning and giving him a quick peck on the lips. He smiled and Salina lifted Vanessa into her arms so that they could make their way to the table.

The couple spent the rest of the evening eating and talking with JC’s family. Salina learned a lot more about JC from seeing how he interacted with his family and also from hearing the embarrassing family stories that come from meeting your boyfriend’s family for the first time. After they ate dinner, the all moved into the living room where they exchanged presents. Salina was surprised that there was even a present each for herself and Vanessa and was very thankful for the cashmere sweater that JC’s mom had given her. At about nine Salina and JC decided to call it a night and headed back to Salina’s apartment.

“I’m glad I got to meet your family.” Salina said softly as JC drove.

“I’m glad you did too. Just like I’m glad I got to meet yours.”

Salina smiled. “Me too.”

JC pulled up to Salina’s apartment and helped her carry the carseat, Vanessa, the presents and Vanessa’s diaper bag upstairs. Salina quickly put Vanessa in her crib and returned to find JC still standing by the front door. She frowned.

“You can stay if you want, you know.” She offered.

“Nah, I should probably go. Make sure my house is still there and stuff.” He laughed. “I loved spending Christmas with you, Sal.”

“Me too.” She smiled. “Will you call me tomorrow?”

“Yes ma’am.” He smiled back at her and leaned in to kiss her goodnight. “Bye, baby.”

”Bye.” She said as she closed the door behind him. She leaned back onto and sighed. How had she found such a perfect guy?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendjc jc justin hospital tabloids joey chris lance solojc