Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Salina Cortez gave one last glance to the apartment that had been her home for the last two years before letting a single sigh escape her lips as she shut the door to the apartment and her past. Salina had recently been assigned to work as the head publicist for the recording group NSync by her employers at JIVE records.

Salina had been working at JIVE for 3 years as an assistant to other account executives but had thoroughly impressed both her bosses and co-workers with her work ethic and discipline. She was only 22 when she came to work for them; by far the youngest Public Relations director ever employed there but her determination to land the job made the record company even more anxious to hire her.

Now Salina was packing up her home in Los Angeles and moving Orlando to start working with the world’s largest pop sensation. Salina had thought long and hard about this decision and decided it was the best decision not only for her but also for her 18 month old daughter, Vanessa. When Salina was first offered the job she immediately thought of her little Nessa and wondered if it would be a big deal to move the child to the other side of the country. She eventually realized that to an 18 month old it didn’t really matter where they lived as long as they were secure and they would certainly be more secure with the raise that Salina would get with the job.

Salina walked over to the car where her best friend, Anna, was waiting to take her to the airport. She climbed in the passenger seat and looked back at her daughter who was still fast asleep in her car seat.

“You ready, sweetie?” Anna asked her.

“Yeah, let’s do this.” She smiled and took one last look at the life she was leaving behind as they pulled out of the gated parking lot.


(1 week later)

“Ok, mi hija. Mama’s gonna go get a quick shower. So you just wait there, kay?” She said to her daughter who was busy stacking the blocks in front of her.

Salina quickly walked into the bathroom but left the door open so that she could hear her daughter. She stepped under the water quickly and exhaled as the hot liquid soothed her tense muscles. Today would be her first day really working with any of the guys. She had started working at the WEG offices in Orlando last week but was simply going through the preliminary orientations. Her boss, Johnny Wright, had been surprised when he first met her and noticed the small child clinging to her pants.

Salina immediately saw this and quickly attempted to inform Mr. Wright that she was attempting to locate a reliable baby-sitter, but Johnny cut her off and said that the baby was welcome. After being shown her quite large office and filling out all the paper work Salina and Vanessa were left to fix her office however they wanted and concentrated on that the first day.

Back at home Salina worked on getting all of her belongings unpacked and set-up in the new two-bedroom apartment that she was renting in Orlando. All of her things had arrived, as well as her car, the day after they had gotten there as planned and Salina immediately set to work making the apartment look like a home. Salina’s parents were planning to take a trip out to see her in a few weeks and she wanted everything perfect once they got there so they couldn’t make any remarks about what a mistake she was making.

She stepped out of the shower and quickly dried off before dressing, brushing her teeth, fixing her hair into a very neat bun and putting on just a little bit of make-up to make her look more professional. She then walked back into the bedroom to find her daughter laying on the ground and mumbling to herself as she pointed at the ceiling.

Salina smiled. “What do you see there, mi hija?” She asked using the term of endearment that her mother always used for her.

“Mama?” Nessa asked looking up at her smiling mother.

“Yep, are you ready to go to work with, mama?” Salina asked and picked her up to set her on the bed so that she could finish getting all of her files ready for work and Vanessa bag filled with diapers, snacks and enough toys to keep her busy. The whole office had surprised her at how much they enjoyed Vanessa being there which was causing Salina to procrastinate in finding that baby-sitter.

“Okay, baby, here we go.” She said before putting Vanessa on the floor and steering her to walk in front of her down the hallway to the front door. After locking the door behind them, they rode down the elevator and got situated in the car before Salina turned back to smile at her daughter before pulling out of her parking space and onto the street. This was the very beginning of their new life…


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendjc jc justin hospital tabloids joey chris lance solojc